All Comments on 'Quaranteam - Book Two (Ch. 12)'

by CorruptingPower

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
Carnes8004Carnes80043 months ago

No rating, but please........ Stay safe.

Ravey19Ravey193 months ago

He hoped it would last - are these words an ominous portent for the next instalment.

Another excellent piece, looking forward to the wedding. Straight 5

The_Crazy_OneThe_Crazy_One3 months ago

Good stuff. Its not that surprising that some women who know what it means to live in this new world still have hangups.

Also a lot of the male family seem to be living? I know Matty died but it seemed like most of the rest have living male family.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Will the NRA have the same power in a United States where women will have the electoral power? Will guns be finally controlled like they are in the rest of the world? Such a change happened with voting on prohibition and liquor control around the world during WW1, when a significant part of the male population of much of the western world was fighting in the fields of France. Tough gun control would reduce the danger of assassination of Andy. However getting the guns of the streets would take several years and probably a decade before gun violence dropped closer to European levels.

TomSavageIsFakeTomSavageIsFake2 months ago

@anon about will women have more power in a future world where a lot of men died off and can't vote? I think women would have more power, but that doesn't immediately lead to a particular choice. Remember in our world there are plenty of women who are against women having certain choices like abortion. It took the NRA a long time to move from "teaching safe gun behavior" like when I was a kid to the lucrative culture war and gun culture we have today. So I think culture would still change more slowly than you think, even with mostly women voting. In the quaranteam world they haven't yet had an election, that will be interesting to see.

alsithalsith2 months ago

"he'd been teetering dangerously to wallowing in misery," should that be dangerously CLOSE?

alsithalsith2 months ago

That finish? Thanks very much Freddy Foreshadowing.

alsithalsith2 months ago

@Anon. Gun buybacks went a LONG way towards helping that in Australia.

NursesNurses2 months ago

It was great like always. Sometimes you keep your head down and sometimes not. When there are bullets flying its a good idea to stay down unless you are on point.

NursesNurses2 months ago

I disagree with Anonymous about gun control. When th Austin's outlawed semiautomatic long guns, they gathered up everything not allowed and instituted strong penalties for possession.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Omg, the story was just ok. Andy is stepping on a lot of toes lately (politically, religiously, traditionally) yet he still has the holier than thou attitude towards any opposing point of view and his women have become nothing more than vapid "yes women". However when push comes to shove, Andy is a bit of a coward. Then in the comments anonymous goes on a gun control rant? What does Chicago, DC, New York, Baltimore, and all other High crime major cities have in common? Gun control not criminal control. Oh and fuck europe.

ParsimoniousPersimmonParsimoniousPersimmon2 months ago

I think this is one of your better chapters. Andy always seemed a little too optimistic. Bravo!

DiagonalmanDiagonalman2 months ago

Well, anonymous A2 pusher. Remember Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas have higher murder rates that the cities you call out.

CP, Good job. Feel free to ignore all of us commenters and just write.

pk2curiouspk2curious2 months ago

All good . As is Andy's attitude . That is the point .

bear1999bear19992 months ago

The original is aways the best...solid chapter 5/5

ThePantsmanThePantsman2 months ago

This trip is starting to feel a bit procedural. Wondering what if any of the goings on during the trip will influence plot lines coming up beyond the wedding.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I'm looking forward to the end of the trip they are taking. It's beginning to be a bit tedious.

mlrsdpicmmlrsdpicmabout 2 months ago

Gun Control is what some of you got out of this? women are on both sides of the fence on that just as men are. What I think CP is trying to say the human condition of greed, to have what they feel is right be the only way or to have something they don't have that another does should be theirs. Even after a global pandemic and so much death it never changes because people just can't get through their heads that compromise from all sides is the only way to make a peace last. If you have lived in as many shitholes as I have you would see that the basic person wants to live in peace believe like they want and not worry about keeping their family safe from all of the worlds shit. The only thing that can do that is being able to agree to disagree and live with it not try to control others way of thinking. Great story CP keep writing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCorruptingPower@CorruptingPower
Anyone want to send feedback or encouragement? I'd love to hear it - corruptingpower@aol.com - You can also find loads more of my work over at my Patreon - https://www.patreon.com/CorruptingPower - New content drops for subscribers on Tuesdays and Fridays, and a publicly visib...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES