Quaranteam - Flyover Country Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

To avoid further discussions, Jenny returned to needlessly checking on her patient's condition. Giving her the out that she so desperately craved, Aaron fell silent, turning his attention to Diana's still form. When Alyssa brought him a tray loaded with another delicious meal, Jenny took the opportunity to slip out.

Alone with his thoughts, Aaron decided to just talk with Diana for a while. "After all, you're supposed to talk to coma patients, right?" he mused. "Or is that just a TV thing? Who knows. I guess Jenny might know, but she's not in a great headspace right now, you know?" Diana entirely failed to respond. "Glad you agree, Princess. I could always count on you to be a good listener." He chuckled at his own dumb joke. "You've always been full of good advice too. Hope that hasn't changed. I could really use the help."

After several moments of silent contemplation, he continued. "God, I've missed you. I didn't know how badly until you showed up on my doorstep." His vigil was interrupted by Niamh's arrival.

"Sam gave me the rundown," she said. "I'll sit with her for now. You need to get out of this room and clear your head. Go for a run or build something or whatever will bleed off some of that tension."

"Don't you have to work today?"

"It's Saturday doofus. I've got nothing but time today. Now get out. It's girl-talk time."

"Should I send Sam to keep you girls company?" he joked.

"Probably a good idea. That way we can get Diana used to conspiring with us."

He chuckled before giving her a quick kiss and stepping out. Her comment about building something took root in his brain and he headed out to the workshop, eager to get his hands dirty for a bit.

* * * * *

August 2, 2020

A rasping croak and gentle movements stirred Aaron from his uneasy slumber. He bolted upright and flipped on the bedside light.

"You're awake," he whisper-shouted.

Diana nodded gingerly, croaking again when she tried to speak.

"Oh shit, Jenny said you would be thirsty. There's a Gatorade on that side table." Diana followed his gesture and gladly grabbed the bottle, draining the entire thing in one long drink.

"What the fuck happened to me?" she rasped. "Something's wrong. I can't feel my ankle. What happened? It feels like someone sucked every last drop of energy out of my body with a big ass straw."

"Your jarhead ass decided to be all extra about imprinting and you pulled a full Wolverine on us. Total regeneration. Top to bottom."

"No shit?"

"No shit. According to the info Jenny got from the Chair Force docs, you should be completely and totally healed. Check out the scar on your arm."

She checked the back of her arm and was shocked to see...nothing. No scar. Nothing at all to indicate that she'd ever been almost blown up. She struggled upright, desperate to confirm that the same had happened to her leg.

"What the fuck?"

"It's some straight-up science fiction shit, Princess. I don't understand it, but it seems to be legit. Just be glad it happened to you."

Any response she might have made was interrupted by a loud growling from her stomach, reminding Aaron about Jenny's instructions from the previous day.

"Come on, you desperately need a shower. You're covered in dead skin and all sorts of other gunk. I'll make you some breakfast while you get cleaned up." He checked his watch, realizing that it was only a little earlier than he normally woke up. "Actually, let's save Alyssa the hassle and make breakfast for everyone. She could use a break."

As he turned to leave the room, Diana grabbed his hand and pulled him back for a quick kiss before the couple separated to start their day.

12