All Comments on 'Quaranteam: McCallister's Madness Ch. 05'

by CorruptingPower

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
dapidapi6 months ago

You solved 1 mystery but created another when you made the Aussies culpable. EVIL EVIL author...

The_Crazy_OneThe_Crazy_One6 months ago

I'm surprised the Germany were the behind the ones taking McCallister. This is so not Merkel's style. Honestly the British would made sense to me.

But what the literal fuck where the Aussies up to?

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Presuming that we are not dealing with any unreliable narrators (a possibility), and that the other authors are carefully staying faithful to CP's backstage details (a good bet), we have both some concurrence with the AU storyline and some questions/open issues. The origin story for the virus here matches up with the version used by Jaxson Connors to attack Marshall in AU2, but the statement here that Australia moved quickly to quarantine and is doing better than most countries is problematic; the Germans may be relying on the fake information that Connors was sending to the USA. Further, as these are (we are told) "good Germans", they don't fit in as the foreign power that manipulated Connors to have Australian special forces teams try to kidnap McCallister and Marcos (it might fit for McCallister, as we are told that the Australian team could not get close to McCallister and then the Germans were also there and pulled it off, but not for Marcos if the Germans are not trying to harm the USA as they say), so that also reinforces the belief that their connection with Australia is remote. The other variable is the date; we don't know when this storyline (McCallister's Madness) actually takes place, so there might be red herrings which the characters "truthfully" believe but which are contradicted by future disclosures, or the other way around.

pk2curiouspk2curious6 months ago

It was also clear that the " Aussies " were taken by surprise by the leak . So barely culpable by definition . This is all fiction and all interpretations are correct .

GR8 chapter . And story .

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Great storylline. Surprising ending but logically sound. Bravo

FunSniperFunSniper5 months ago

@Anon (the first one):

Germany would most likely rely on data from the CDC but even if not there would be no reason for Connors to deliver correct data to the nation that had started 100% of all Wold Wars if he wanted to avoid an invasion.

As for the timeline: Adam knew about the defection of his wife, Eve contacted Phil as she hit U.S. soil and Phil told Andy on Nov 18th. On 21th (Imprint to Nate) Eve seemed to be on day 9 or 10 (or she's even harder than Lauren), so the earliest day for her travel could be the 10th. McAllister said Eve would be around week 2 to 4 into the cycle so the earliest date to hit german ground would be Nov 25th if Eve waited for a load to maximize her time for travel safely. "Stevie" got the vaccine about 10 days prior McAllisters extraction ().

AU starts on Oct 21th with the team sent to russia unable to get McAllister (not 'cause he was gone; date unknown), a botched Grab'n'Run with a drone on Phil and about 70% of australias population dead (7,5 m of 25m).

If australia if better of (elle's words) i don't want to know how bad the rest is. Germany would be pretty effed as covid had proven: strange laws, people that can't/won't use a mask (correctly), lockdown too lax too be useful and just too much bs everywhere (Was there, unvaccinated, and got it once in 2023 as i avoided people as i usually do). lockdown in australia would be better outside the cities 'cause of distance: it's easy to stay isolated if the next neighbor is a mile or more away and if the people know to keep distance.

btw: Rayne from AU indicates knowing DuoHalo as not australian for months at least one month (Oct 22th) before elle says they have "almost total confidence" it's from australia (after Nov 24th), so we have to wait for that to be solved. (Ground Zero at Sydney International only means it's the first know occurrence, not where it was created)

@The_Crazy_One: I hear you. Merkel is (was!) known to wait for things to go away, being so proactive isn't like her at all. Maybe the BND (Bundesnachrichtendienst; german CIA-like organization) could have done it on their own but then having Merkel greet him in the open would be very unlikely. Too many reporters and paparazzi around the german politicians to risk a meeting of that type (except if you want to piss of the russians AND the U.S. by shoving it in their faces where McAllister went (unlikely as germany tries too hard to be on their good sides to pull this)).

@CP

As a german person i feel insulted.

You think they could be able to pull this while i know our government is effing useless. Maybe the secret agencies could do it but the leadership of my country is riddled with nepotism, incompetence and corruption. They are kiss-asses and brown-noses that try too hard to not beeing seen as the country that has started two world wars to pull this. Eighty years, and we are still too afraid to do anything that might go against what the U.S. want, they couldn't get their asses up to even try something like that.

(Well, in your universe... maybe Merkel is already bonded to someone and that could explain things...)

As for the story: I don't like McAllister, but the story (and your universe) is good.

AnonymousAnonymous27 days ago

@FunSniper, with regards to world wars, France started the first 2, The War of Austrian Succession (together with Prussia) & The Seven Years War. The causes of and who's to blame for WWI is a complicated mess, its a massive oversimplification to blame Germany. WWII is the only one that can definitely be laid at Germany's feet.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCorruptingPower@CorruptingPower
Anyone want to send feedback or encouragement? I'd love to hear it - corruptingpower@aol.com - You can also find loads more of my work over at my Patreon - https://www.patreon.com/CorruptingPower - New content drops for subscribers on Tuesdays and Fridays, and a publicly visib...