All Comments on 'Quaranteam - North West Ch. 01-04'

by BreakTheBar

Sort by:
  • 53 Comments
Hiding_in_PortlandHiding_in_Portlandover 1 year ago

As someone who follows both you and CorruptingPower, I have to say this was a fucking treat to read.

OftenRomanticOftenRomanticover 1 year ago

Nicely done. I've been enjoying the multiple CorruptingPowers Quaranteam series and yours fits in nicely. Good character development and lots of foreshadowing. I look forward to future installments.

PornGoddess2PornGoddess2over 1 year ago

Minor point: the original "Walking Tall" movie starred Joe Don Baker, and came out in 1973. I never saw it or the two sequels, but i got the impression it was a sort of redneck "Billy Jack"

Yes, i am that old.

redpoppiesredpoppiesover 1 year ago

I have a personal issue with the use of the word 'anyways' instead of 'anyway', but overall I thought it ably carried the essential points of "Quaranteam" and was well written. I look forward to more chapters in the expanding "Quaranteam" universe.

robbygelwoodv10robbygelwoodv10over 1 year ago

Minor note: we veterans won’t say over and out, just out

goinghighgoinghighover 1 year ago

Great addition to the series matching very well so far.

I hope you can continue at a fast and furious pace. I really like the longer pieces.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You have absolutely nailed the original story line please continue this story.

Teacher44Teacher44over 1 year ago

Excellent introduction. My only suggestion is smaller chunks. Eleven pages is a lot at one sitting. Three to five is preferable, at least to me. I like that the boys are blind to the situation, whereas those of us who have read the Quaranteam series from the beginning know a lot of what will happen and it will be fun to watch them discover things as they go.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It’s great to be able to read more quality work in the QT world and this is a spectacular start. The characters are a great match so far and you gave enough info on them without letting it all out so we can learn more as we go which is something I always like in a story. I also totally loved those couple of last lines which were unexpected and made me laugh out loud which is unusual for me but is deeply appreciated.

Be well and stay safe.

J.D.

rflikeslitrflikeslitover 1 year ago

Thank you, a great slant on a great series

Deapend2021Deapend2021over 1 year ago

Great story love the start

SlofredSlofredover 1 year ago

I do enjoy this branch of teh quaranteam world. Thank you. I will be waiting for the next installment as it seams the patrone link does not work properly . 5stars

BreakTheBarBreakTheBarover 1 year agoAuthor

Hey All!

Thank you again for all of the kind words, I'm really glad you folks have been enjoying this new spin off to the Quaranteam series!

My last comment had the wrong Patreon info (that's what happens when you help out a friend with a project similar to your own handle and get it stuck in your head!). You can find two more chapters of QT:NW over on www.patreon.com/breakthebar and can expect new chapters every 2-ish weeks. Cheers!

KellvallonKellvallonover 1 year ago

Great job so far. I'm enjoying this far more than the original work it's based off of.

dropshot67dropshot67over 1 year ago

This was my "first contact" with the quaranteam universe and this definetly made me want more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great work! I followed the quarenteam name here, and I gotta say you've done a fantastic job so far. Please keep it up while also not forgetting about your FoF series-- I've enjoyed that work of yours before and want to continue doing so. Great job all around!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

First off its American traditional. Second ewww new school. I was imagining cool tattoos on Erica until you said that. Very ugly tattoos my man.

On to more important stuff. Really enjoy this story your telling so far. I read the original quaranteam and bounced off because the political commentary was way to in your face and it greatly distracted and pulled the story down. This is much more toned down and the format is greatly improved by it. Really like the slow build up to him getting Erica. But I would say you are kind of a wordy writer. I feel its too long and would benefit from some streamlining. I found myself skipping multiple paragraphs at a time before I found the next critical one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Not sure why you had to put a hysterectomy in this. Why do people think senseless sad drama is what people want in their erotica? It’s beyond me.

cindyp1976cindyp1976over 1 year ago

I love it Quaranteam is one of my favorites here on Literotica I liked it so much that I subscribed to their Patreon account. how often are you going to be updating this book? if you are going to update it regularly on your Patreon then I will consider subscribing to your Patreon account also.

BreakTheBarBreakTheBarover 1 year agoAuthor

@Anonymous - New school is definitely a subjective style, and I agree there is a lot of bad-to-meh New school out there. There's also some super dope New school work out there. My headcannon is that Erica has the cool shit, not the crap! On wordiness - I'd be careful about too much skipping, these chapters laid a LOT of foundations for future ones. I know it's a big set of chapters, but that was needed to properly intro the characters and story. Future chapters will be releasing one at a time. Also, I am just a wordy bastard, hahaha.

@Anonymous - I understand if you have a personal squemishness towards hysterectomies based on whatever your own history might be, but I wouldn't consider it 'senseless sad drama.' Even if it's just characterization, it serves a purpose. And, just FYI, don't expect this series to just be all happy-go-lucky sex. It's a story about a deadly pandemic.

@Cindyp1976 - The plan is a new chapter every 2 weeks! Chapters 5+6 are currently up on my Patreon, so next week Chapter 7 will go up there, and Chapter 5 will go live here on Literotica.

@Teacher44 - Thanks for the kind words! And don't worry, I only released these first 4 chapters together for the Intro, all future chapters are going to be released individually.

@PornGoddess2 - The original Walking Tall was pretty good! But I mean, the one with the Rock in his early film career is so Of It's Time it's not even funny. Even the side casting is Iconic. I appreciate the reference though!

Cheers all!

MRPapagiorgioMRPapagiorgioover 1 year ago

I've been to Jewell many times. It's only a short drive to the coast where I grew up. Cool that you're writing about that area. Good story, keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Awesome story, very much like the original Quaranteam series and just as sexy. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I like the dialogue and the humor. Since it's Portland, I imagine Larissa Cotton from the original series may eventually move into the settlement?

lastman416lastman416over 1 year ago

Man, it’s an effort keeping up with the pace you’ve set for releasing your work! Thanks for the hustle.

This is my intro to Quaranteam, and this makes me want to check it out. Great job!

HornERabbitHornERabbitover 1 year ago

Excellent Quaranteam story, well set to give us a look at a non-California outbreak center and compound.

ByronBWByronBWover 1 year ago

Great story. My first exposure to the Quaranteam! Hopefully not my last. When will you publish more?

Byron B

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Love CP's original and am excited to see what you do in this universe

moorejomoorejoover 1 year ago

I love your take on the Quaranteam world. Can't wait for the next installment.

BreakTheBarBreakTheBarover 1 year agoAuthor

Hey folks,

Just FYI, I didn't repost these chapters. Literotica seems to be doing that whenever I post the second installment of a new series. Not sure why, but it's not something I'm doing on my end.

retread2retread2over 1 year ago

So far, so good seems to be true to original plot line. Looking forward to next chapter, 5stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Didn’t mind checking it out again and even funnier the second time, especially the closing line. You are nailing it perfectly and cannot wait to go read the next part now. Thanks for putting the work in to make it this damn good.

KtmgoKtmgoover 1 year ago

Awesome! I'm a big fan of Quaranteam. And so far I love your take on this world.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great start! Can't wait for chapter 2!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Possibly a good tale but after the third use of the word smirk I dropped out. My least favorite word and so prevalent in literotica.

C_frommnC_frommnover 1 year ago

My first time reading your story. It's excellent love the Characters. and the way they are moving things along.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

fantastic writer. keep writing more

NewtScamanderNewtScamanderabout 1 year ago

Awesome start, can’t wait to see where this goes!

WargamerWargamerabout 1 year ago

Just found this and am just fucking amazed at how good it is. I’m a huge fan of Corrupting Power and his Quaranteam stories and to find you doing this is just awesome. You have CPs writing style in his Quaranteam story down to a T. Your wonderful tale just effortlessly slides into CPs universe with consummate skill.

A tribute to your excellent authorship.

On now to the next chapter.

Scores a well deserved 5/5

RonanJWilkersonRonanJWilkersonabout 1 year ago

A worthy addition to the Quaranteam universe. Can't wait to read the rest of this series.

RaptorPilotRaptorPilotabout 1 year ago

Oh my God Becky, they weren't even wearing a mask!

Sorry but corona virus cringe is just too cringe.

No refunds on those 'vaccines 'by the way.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Great story but the obsession on tattoos is kinda cringe

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This.. it’s fine. Definitely the worst out of the storylines you have up here. I’m VERY glad it’s not the first one I picked to read because I would not have checked the others out otherwise.

What’s with all the tattoos? Who cares this much? It’s honestly offputting

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Better than the original. None of the fucking political shit...

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Anonymous who started with "This... it's fine" is totally on the money. I can tell the author knows how to write, the problem is he doesn't seem to know WHAT he's writing. Like, all the random crap in the beginning with the grocery store. And the super weird obsession with tattoos, and lesbians, and... rushed construction work? Like it's good to write what you know, but what do we, as readers, need to care just SO much about the details of surveying and construction?

I might check out some different stories, but this particular series is a kind of DOA.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Fun start, and despite some common grammatical errors it reads well and has nice potential. TBH, I’ll read on based on the high scores, otherwise I might have given the subsequent chapters a pass.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Great job flowing it beautifully with the original QT. The deal with the tattoos would seem to show that when they got the idea to test the vaccine, they were going for free spirits who were wide open with their sexual identities and were risk takers so going with the strippers, dancers, prostitutes and those are also the ones that were getting and giving tattoos and piercings. That explains why there is so much tattoo discussion in this part of the story or at least my take on it. I am going to have to check out your Patreon so I can stay up to date on this story and a few others.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I really tried, i really really did, but as European i can't help but think it cute when Americans claim some kind of lineage or ancestry and and go all chest out and proudly proclaim 150 years of family tradition as some kind of a big deal. 150 years back, that's something you can ask your granny about, she obviously wouldn't have been around, but her own grandma likely did, and told her about it. Tracing your lineage a couple of hundred of years back is like the most normal normal thing here, and people that make some kind of a big deal about it are mostly considered to lack in personal achievements and trying to pump themselves up by claiming their family's ones as if they had any hand in it.

WolfbeckettWolfbeckett6 months ago

Hmm. French Canadian. First name is Ivy. Line tattoo all the way down the middle of her body and more tattoos only on one side of it. Described as slight AKA petite. Why do I get the feeling this second girl was explicitly modelled on porn actress Eden Ivy, like undisguisedly so?

Falstaff60Falstaff605 months ago

Wow. Here I was thinking it was going to be Vanessa in the RV. Maybe she'll make a reappearance? As far as one of the Anonymous commenters thinking it is cute when Americans talk about their claim of lineage...My family has been in the US for 180+ yrs., but I can trace my lineage back over 1200 yrs. and have visited 2 castles in Germany that bear my families name and coat of arms. We all came here from somewhere.

alsithalsith5 months ago

Sigh. It's always Valhalla, never Fólkvangr.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

"5" hell 6 at least...

look forward to next installment s...

SraulersSraulers3 months ago

Yeah, the tattoos, piercings and high body count women are a cringe. Maybe at some point they’ll find some higher quality women to join with them…

MCJOHN11708MCJOHN1170815 days ago

Somewhat disapointing tbh.

----------

The romantic aspect was really rushed, essentially not existing at all, the MC is fairly unlikable, imho, not caring much at all about his ancestral home, outside a few lines of sentiment, for example. Him just banging Erica after she was behaving that creepily too, you'd think he'd take a step back and process this, try to make sense out of it. But no, he just shrugs and goes right back into fucking without a care in the world.

----------

Theres little depth to his character in general, really. After finishing AMA: Boyfriend Act 1, I was expecting a similar level of emotional depth and complexity. But I see this will be a completley different beast, both in terms of complexity and quality (meaning pacing and character depth, the grammer/spelling was fine).

----------

I get it, its a porn story with porn logic, so alot of the issues I have with the setup don't necesserily have any ground. I guess I just expected a bit more than that from an author who wrote AMA: Boyfriend, which, yes also has those sort of scenarios, however, it isn't devoid of people being actual people rather than just porn characters. The first page or so had that sort of complexity, but as the story moves deeper, it starts losing that a bit more and more.

----------

It was also really lacking when it came to just...moments between the characters (not counting Vanessa who we got a massive backstory dump from all of a sudden). I totally buy Leos and the MCs bro-ship, or what ever you wanna call it, they're truly bros. However, the bonding between Erica and the MC felt a bit more hollow. There were a few moments with em bantering, but not nearly enough to just immediatly jump into sex. Twice. A slower burn would've been better, imho. Then handwaving that away by saying they already have history, ergo, it makes sense that they bang. Which, I guess thats fair enough. Logically. But it still would've been nice to see them have cutesy moments every now and then.

----------

3/5. Bummer. I'll give the authors other stories a shot and see if they're any better.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBreakTheBar@BreakTheBar
7962 Followers
LATEST UPDATE: Oct 2023 Bonus News: I am nominated in FOUR categories for the 2022 Literotica awards. Please go check out the votes in the Forums! -- Vote for Cattie from AMA: The Boyfriend for Sexiest Female Character - https://forum.literotica.com/threads/the-2022-literoti...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES