All Comments on 'Quaranteam: Off the Grid Ch. 03-05'

by BronanTheLibrarian

Sort by:
  • 27 Comments
Carnes8004Carnes80045 months ago

Was glad to read that Grace didn't bond with that bigheaded flyboy. As a retired Army senior NCO, I often had to intervene in situations between higher ups and my soldiers. Lost some but think I won more. HOORAH! Congrats on your description of SSG Chessman's decision-making process. Even in her confused mind, she protected and saved those cases. One thing, when the fighting was over, and the convey Commander was checking on personnel status. You noted that he took one of the ID tags of each soldier killed, but not what he should have done with second. Not that it interfered with this great story.

FIVE STARS. Stay safe.

ArediaAredia5 months ago

I love this story - thank-you! I'm also glad that Grace ended up with Colin instead of Col. Blimp - I hoped you'd go that way; I'm a sucker for happy endings. :) I like your character development and pacing. The fact there's very few grammar & spelling mistakes is a total bonus, so far as I'm concerned - as an English wonk, these things matter to me - sorry.

I was surprized that there was anything left of the turkey after being hit with a deer slug - I've never shot a turkey with a slug, so I don't know - but I guess it could happen. And bird shot to the front of the body? I'd guess that would ruin the your whole day, if not blind you.

Bottom line? I'm here until you finish the story. Please, please, please continue writing it! :) So far I'm liking the spin-offs better than the original, which I think has spread too thin and become too complicated ... but I don't write, so I only know what I like, not how to produce it. :)

Falstaff60Falstaff605 months ago

Yes, please keep writing this story. I agree @Aredia that some of the spinoffs are better than the original, although it is still good and sets the tone for many of the others. I especially like how many of the authors try to link their stories to the original with the Druid Gunman books the original stories main character is the author of. Yours and the Quaranteam NW are the two spinoffs I follow closest, though I read them all.

Yeah, as a hunter, slugs would do a number on a turkey. Slugs are for bigger game such as dear and bear. Many states now have slug gun only seasons for deer. For turkey you always try for a head shot (unless your using bow). Smaller target and turkey are surprisingly cunning at not giving you good shots. Slugs will also do a number on a human target. Think of a piece of lead the size of the end of your thumb tearing through you. And if they are saboted? Extends the accurate rage quiet a bit, especially if fired through a rifled barrel and yes they have them for slug only shotguns for hunting. I usually carry a shotty with slugs when I go camping, for bears who don't pay attention the bear spray (some get angry or even more aggressive).

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Believable action. Makes me want to read more.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Good writing and story telling. Satisfying length.

WolfbeckettWolfbeckett5 months ago

I'm liking this one so far, keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I like how this story line talks about how society would break down if this were to happen! Break the Bar is the only other one to talk about how that would happen. Now don't get me wrong I like the other story lines but they don't show that aspect very well. Thanks to all who write in the QUARANTEAM universe keep it up I like all of the different story lines!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Good stuff! I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

andy_rookandy_rook5 months ago

Great writing! I'm looking forward to getting to know these characters more.

JohnnygrillsJohnnygrills5 months ago

Keep it coming dude! Great so far!!

TomSavageIsFakeTomSavageIsFake5 months ago

Great story and writing. When they get back to her unit, I expect we'll find out that multiple women were bonded against their will to that ass Col. I'm guessing that he hacked the selection system by getting them their shots early and so there was a time-limited selection, just him maybe was in the local survey. Will the military be able to detect and fix that ultimate violation? Suppose there are a few more other women who got shots by the Col but one day later, they might be looking for an immediate match, could Sully get a harem that quick? He needs his relationship to stabilize a bit, and for him to open up to that dream of a match partner about his horrible situation with his old family.

Most importantly, will Grace find another passion word than the uncomfortable "daddy" that maybe Sully's old daughter could have used? You did create a good cartoon villain in the Col Idiot.

They can't fix it, but who will

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Did Grace grab both cases, or did she lose one of them? Also, WHY would the US be giving any other country the vaccine? When there is not enough vaccine for the citizens of America. THIS IS UNFORGIVABLE! This is why the US is having so much trouble in real life. Stupid decisions like this.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Great action is a plus. You didn't add filler, which can unfortunately creep in all too often. I also really appreciate how you brought the two characters together, way more fun then a compatibility test.

TomSavageIsFakeTomSavageIsFake5 months ago

@anonymous on your comment that the US shouldn't share if we didn't have enough vaccine for all Americans. First, if you read some of the other stories Aus. and the UK were making their own with info from the us. Maybe they got a few doses for leadership continuity.

It's a big world and we benefit when our allies succeed too and science advances internationally. COVID vaccine is a good example where the discoveries behind those new vaccines had multiple international contributions, notably from the Turkish scientist who did much of rhe basic research in Germany, yet I got a shot in the US. If we don't help the world to be safe and avoid chaos, it will ultimately reflect back on us in secondary ways.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Awesome story, glad you took the time to come at Quaranteam from this angle! Waiting for more!

robots101robots1015 months ago

Great so far! Can't wait for more to come out!

laad4e08laad4e085 months ago

Really love the QUARANTEAM universe! This is a welcome addition to that universe. Anxiously awaiting the next chapters.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Great start keep it coming please

CherrypahhaCherrypahha5 months ago

Wow! Really well done set-up. I like that you are including loss and grief, as well as the probable corruption that would probably come out in this story in this QT universe tapestry.

Thank you.

nthusiasticnthusiastic5 months ago

This is fabulous! I do hope you have lots of adventures in mind since I really want to know what happens next. If there’s justice in store for “Slim”, he’ll be getting quite a bit slimmer in the slammer. Thank you for sharing your talents with us.

1Sam20231Sam20234 months ago

Liking your take on this story line. Well done

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

They had three cases, then six, then?? maybe explain... were some dummy cases or did Grace have two and Jones one or two in each truck or??

rockingtilidroprockingtilidrop4 months ago

Lots of potential. Really liking the length of the chapters , less than 4 pages is hella annoying. Looking forward to the return to base and to seeing how fubar it all is.

Need mr tickety boo shot in the dick and to find who leaked the mission to the rednecks

alsithalsith3 months ago

"day of the man at the business and maybe". Pretty sure this was supposed to be "business end and maybe..." or possibly "business end, maybe put out an eye..."

alsithalsith3 months ago

Hit otterly up if you want to avail yourself of my proofreading services. He knows how to get a hold of me.

The2thdocThe2thdoc3 months ago

Nice. I don’t know how I’ve missed this addition to the Quaranteam story line. These first 2 installments have me excited to read the rest!

Rhino77PIlotRhino77PIlot2 months ago

I like this scenario a lot! My dad was born on a homestead near Seattle ans his family is scattered all over Washington but mostly on the Pacific side of the Cascades. I have been in Eastern Washington a few times -- the scenery and environment are spectacular. Keep up great workk....

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous