All Comments on 'Quaranteam: Phil's Tale Ch. 01'

by CorruptingPower

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
James_DuncanJames_Duncanover 2 years ago

I'm guessing your taking the story off in a slightly different direction, whilst trying to explain the reason why women need to bond a man, so a back in time segue makes some sense. Although I'm struggling to understand the purpose of Phil being subjected to "racism" was about, it comes across a political rant and whilst you're fully entitled to do so, if it adds nothing to the story, you will irritate at least some of your readers.

SlofredSlofredover 2 years ago

THis back story is amazing. THank you for the chapter... very much looking forward to the next one. 5 stars RE J. D. having spent a quarter of a century in the USAF , and 20 years in Law enforcement; I can undestand why Phill would document every incidence of racial (or even sexist )orientened action. CYA is a way of life in both cultures. These issues are there almost as much as it is in the remainder of the nation. "Good Old Boys" have been around for decades and still use the "sponsor" system to keep as much of the pie as they can to themselves.

Silenus636Silenus636over 2 years ago

Credibility, story line, and pace. Yes! I love it!!! Now to see how you run with it. I'm anxious to read on.

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

Great start, great story. This was really well put together. So, is this story going to run in tandem with the main story, or will it become a mainstream story in its own right. I plug for the latter, this story sure looks like it’s got wheels.

Please give us more, soon!!

Scores 5/5

AingealanLannAingealanLannover 2 years ago

Okay, so I just want to come out right away and say I love your stories so far. That being said, the original Quaranteam and Morganna's Gift are head and shoulders above for me right now and I just want more and more from those two series above anything else. However, if I had to see anything different, the start of what eventually becomes the vaccine is certainly the place to take it. Great mind. Great writing. Thank you.

redpoppiesredpoppiesover 2 years ago

I am really waiting for the next installment of "Quaranteam" but I am happy to read more stories in the universe you have created. My only quibble is the protagonist's reverence to 'Spanish Flu' e.g. "Spanish Fly to fight Spanish Flu 2" when the author is referring to the Great Influenza Pandemic of 1918-'19. We now know the virus came from the good ol' US of A. But otherwise it's a great start to a story linked to one I am already following eagerly.

Casino_LightningCasino_Lightningover 2 years ago

I like the way the story just goes so well. Please don’t stop writing the quaranteam, it is a great story, but something in the same universe as just fleshing out the story, yes me like that too.

Thank you for your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

not for nothing, but a civilian who made an entitled stink like that to security forces at the gate would be in for a really bad day.

pk2curiouspk2curiousover 2 years ago

This is GR8 . Going back with the back story probably about a year before where we are in Quaranteam . Explaining the clandestine operations and risky research that Phil ( who is a main character ) has experienced in getting things under human control . It fits right in . I would go so far as to say that you should continue this back story until we're caught up to the present .

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Seriously redpoppies? That's your feedback? The most common name still is Spanish Flu - regardless of appropriateness

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Awesome story. Loved it. Not much to add on that subject, but I have to say I'm really glad chapter 2 is in "similar stories" since "next chapter" isn't an option (because Phil's Tale isn't listed as a series on the submissions page) even so, you might want to message the webmaster about fixing Phil's Tale, Piper's Prelude, and Janus Coins so they're listed as series. That ensures that (at least on mobile which is what I use mostly) the next chapter is a single tap away, instead of having to go back to the submissions page and tap on the next chapter every time. It gets annoying. I messaged them about it months ago but they apparently didn't care. I've noticed that specific functionality getting broken and fixed a few times on other series on other author's submissions pages. It's a weird bug. I notice it because I really enjoy just tapping for the next chapter instead of going back however many pages to return to the submissions page, or tapping the author name and adding to the history of the tab I have open so I don't have to hit back so many times...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCorruptingPower@CorruptingPower
Anyone want to send feedback or encouragement? I'd love to hear it - corruptingpower@aol.com - You can also find loads more of my work over at my Patreon - https://www.patreon.com/CorruptingPower - New content drops for subscribers on Tuesdays and Fridays, and a publicly visib...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES