All Comments on 'Quaranteam: Phil's Tale Ch. 10'

by CorruptingPower

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
MetadiMetadiover 1 year ago

Age isn’t a biological marker. It would make more sense if your three groups were prepubescent, pubescent, and adult rather than 0-9, 10-18, and adult. We use age because it’s easy with the data we collect on people.

I struggling to keep straight who is where when as the story breaks into multiple streams. It might not be as much of an issue if I was reading straight through. For, example I’d have to go back and reread to understand who the woman Phil just imprinted was in context of the story.

As a general comment, I think you’re under estimating the madness that would be happening at the casualty rate you describe.

Carnes8004Carnes8004over 1 year ago

Interesting twist. 4*+, a good sidestep, but still waiting for the original to continue. Thanks for your continued work on this series.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

excellent story. well planned. covered through multiple view points

pk2curiouspk2curiousover 1 year ago

Lol . AUSSIE's . What next ?

RonanJWilkersonRonanJWilkersonover 1 year ago

Hunted by people who grew up in a place where half the plants & animals want to kill you? That's gonna go well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I agree with Metadi that the age categories are problematic. Even if McCallister or someone else wanted to engineer the virus variant to act in that fashion, the human body is not going to have inherent markers which are precise enough to give the virus the equivalent of a carbon-14 level or tree ring count. Bone development won't work; the response has to be chemical. As such, it would be more plausible to have the dividing line between pre-pubescent children (immune carriers) and "teenagers" (vulnerable group) set by an individual's generation of sex hormones, maybe pituitary ones as well (for growth), in sufficient quantities. Think of the Star Trek TOS episode "Miri". There would have to be repeated testing of children as they get near puberty, to get them into isolation or the like to try and keep them safe. The end of the vulnerability period would also be affected by hormonal levels, such as the end of growth spurts. Age factors would be generally illustrative of the transition points, but the dates would vary from person to person.

notbatmannotbatmanover 1 year ago

This is a great story and I love the behind-the-scenes parts of it from the main story. My only complaint is that it's not tied in to just one story so it's hard to navigate.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

pk2curious. Lol, Kiwi's!! Send in the All Black's ( Kiwilands finest Rugby teams, please consult Google if you don't know what Rugby is, your loss!!) The woman's team, obviously!!! Or Anzac's? ( so not just oz lot) and with the rate of men dying wouldn't be Women hit teams and heavies??!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I'm an Australian reader and just laughed out loud. Brilliant! Hahaha. We never get included in stuff like this.

WargamerWargamerabout 1 year ago

I’m an Australian reader too, we are a follower country in world politics we almost never initiate ANYTHING!!!!!!

You might as well have picked New Zealand if you wanted a small country.

But it is sooo good to be mentioned in this great tale and maybe as enemies too, LOL!!!!!!

I’m a bit mystified though, in your story preamble you mentioned that both Australia and NZ were doing ok with Duohalo considering the rest of the world. So what the hell are the Liberals up to, it wouldn’t be Labor trust me. Although it does sound like the crazy shit the Nationals would foist onto the Coalition partners, the Liberals.

For the record we have very good special forces in the SAS. They are not clumsy and rarely fail.

Score 5/5 just for the mention LOL!!!!

Falstaff60Falstaff606 months ago

You Aussies need to read SilverRyden's Quaranteam AU story. Good quaranteam story that focuses on Australia's response and includes an explanation of what this chapter alludes to.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

If it had actually been Australian special forces, unfortunately they would have succeeded.

They are right up there with the best of the world and they would not have gotten caught in a ridiculous tail. Chase in a car. Phil‘s car would have been destroyed and the Australians would be gone.

Ask somebody in the American military for anyone’s military who has experience with them.

They are right up with the best in the world.

There is also absolutely and artfully no way Australian would do that to the US..

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCorruptingPower@CorruptingPower
Anyone want to send feedback or encouragement? I'd love to hear it - corruptingpower@aol.com - You can also find loads more of my work over at my Patreon - https://www.patreon.com/CorruptingPower - New content drops for subscribers on Tuesdays and Fridays, and a publicly visib...

story TAGS