All Comments on 'Quaranteam: Remote Work Ch. 01'

by OtterlyMindblowing

Sort by:
  • 31 Comments
tjb50caltjb50cal8 months ago

politics in this series sucks

RonanJWilkersonRonanJWilkerson8 months ago

put it right out of the park, man.

patient1patient18 months ago

It's an apocalypse story. By definition things are supposed to suck, but in a bad way. If you don't get a sense of that, then the author isn't doing their job. It isn't just about a catastrophe, but the domino effects.

But the reason we read these kind of stories is to rejoice in the way that the characters do the best they can with what they've got to make the most of it for them selves and others, and that maybe there is hope for a better reality.

Otter's characters got dealt a terrible hand, but they seem like good people, so let's pour a drink, put up our feet and follow along as they struggle to make a difference.

SlofredSlofred8 months ago
Open Anticipation

I am patiently waiting for your spin on the events of the Quaranteam World. Fascinating Opening . I am carious about how his survival before his serum access is going to impact his physical recovers and the impact on his partners in the future. 5 stars for an interesting opening. Keep on expanding this world.

TomSavageIsFakeTomSavageIsFake8 months ago

What's the politics here?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Amen, RJW. perfect opener.

The_Crazy_OneThe_Crazy_One8 months ago

Someone is writing a quaranteam story from the POD of someone who lived through DaoHalo? Ok unexpected. Its also unexpected what you got going on with the first woman. So I'm wondering where you are taking this.

OtterlyMindblowingOtterlyMindblowing8 months agoAuthor

@TomSavageIsFake

He might be mad that Adam is relieved then-President Trump got taken out by DuoHalo. That is a canonical event in the main series, stemming from his severe disregard of COVID.

robots101robots1018 months ago

The story has a great start and stands out from other stories. I am intrigued to see how the plot develops. From my understanding, the protagonist will likely be moved to a new living space within one of the apartment stacks.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Any story published in segments should leave the reader wanting to read more. Otter, I encourage you to incorporate that into your story design for future segments.

Using an existing story line has it pluses and minuses. The good news is that the writer does not have to create a new universe for the story as it already exists. The bad news is that you need to do more than the other writers using DuoHalo to maintain reader interest.

Best Wishes,

DOS

Carnes8004Carnes80048 months ago

As stated by other readers, great start. Did notice you are a professional writer on Patreon. Please, I say again, please don't wait 6 months for your next chapter release on Lit. Some purposely hold back chapters that long. Thanks and Stay safe.

OtterlyMindblowingOtterlyMindblowing8 months agoAuthor

@Carnes8004

My first chapter released here at the same time as for my Patreon. They are getting a chapter on the 15th, then both sides get a chapter on the 29th. After that, most likely both will get updates monthly, on the Third Friday of each month (taking the place of Under Pressure, which is wrapping up). My Patreon will remain one month ahead unless someone pays me to go turbo on it.

As I like to say, I write for me, and the fact that other people are willing to pay me for it comes as a consistent shock. This isn’t my full-time job (I’d need to multiply my patronage by about 20 to make that work), so I believe in releasing to public promptly.

Carnes8004Carnes80048 months ago

Good for you. Stay safe

WargamerWargamer8 months ago

A different start and the best part very ordinary people, it appears she’s had her Breasts removed, breast cancer????

He also is no great shakes, but he’s survived DuoHalo, is he now immune, l wonder??

Want to see how this story develops.

5/5

cindyp1976cindyp19768 months ago

loving it so far, to bad the vaccine doesn't make some improvements on the men's part since they are required to have sex multiple times a day it would be great if it made them healthier in that small scrawny guys became more muscular more like swimmers and of course if they are small in the cock department made a few improvements there too.

robbygelwoodv10robbygelwoodv108 months ago

Love the fact that out of all the QT stories so far, the first woman isn’t super sexy!

The2thdocThe2thdoc8 months ago

Pretty good addition to the Quaranteam story line. I’m looking forward to more chapters.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

This looks like another fun read for the QT universe. Thanks for adding this storyline, I cannot wait to get into more of your works.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

PLEASE don' t let political leanings get in the way of a good story like CorruptingPower has... those finally got to be too much with the new chapter...

SorchakSorchak7 months ago

Just one nitpick, and that's the jump from 3rd to 1st person and back again when Shannon is being dropped off. A minor annoyance, but usually you don't make mistakes like that.

OtterlyMindblowingOtterlyMindblowing7 months agoAuthor

@Sorchak

Thanks for the spot, fixed in my master doc. This is what happens when I jump between series while writing

dunmovynivdunmovyniv7 months ago

Good story, but please drop the politics. I get enough of that already. I come here to escape all that, and it is hard to find good authors…..thks

domrogerdomroger6 months ago

Definitely a different viewpoint,and I am eagerly anticipating the next episode.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Great different Intro,where's the rest? Great Intro teaser Needs many Chapters of thick full Novel length as I am a very Voracious Reader. I inhale really Great Reads like a man at a mixed Gourmet Buffet. From Calimari to Greek or Italian Cousine. German Cordon Bleau with Bavarian prepared sauce with German Potato Fumplings and cooked slightly vinegared Red Cabbage. A GREAT LAGER WEIZEN BEER TO DRINK. FOR dessert a big slice of (Black Forest Cake) with A mug of Good Strong Melitta Coffee with Hazelnut creamer with 2tsps of sugar or 3.

Rhino77PIlotRhino77PIlot6 months ago

To anonymous below: I see all of your cuisine references, but add a Bavarian wienerschnitzel und pommel fritts along with a Bitburger Pils to the German menu, the entire seafood menu from an Italian seaport like Genoa or Oporto, an excellent Spanish Paella or Roast leg of lamb or most any traditional dish of Spain, and/or anything off the menu of a ristorante in Cataluña. For dessert, Tiramisu or Gelato with an espresso with a shot of Disaronno Amaretto. (Been there, done all of that....)

I guess we will have to wait a while for more on this story. Fortunately there are several other Quaranteam sagas on the site.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I like that this storyline is not filled with profanity, the language of weakness. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Great spinoff. Much different from the others i have read so far. Can't wait to read more.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

So, your MC’s reaction to the death of two men is basically “Great! The political situation is better now!”

That’s fucked up

SathurnFoxSathurnFoxabout 1 month ago

One mistake. She should not be saying imprinting smoothly. As bad as her scares are it should be imp, imprinting, imp, imp ....

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

To all those who got upset by 2 short lines of "Politics" which is in the original series by CorruptingPower!! So you sound like a bunch of older church ladies clutching their pearls, muttering "He can't say that!! I have the exact opposite views!!" It's almost a Monty Python sketch with the late Terry Jones dressed up and saying it the same way as "He's Not the Messiah!!, he's a Very Naughty Boy!!" (from "The Life of Brian") with Michael P, The other Terry, Eric and John all dressed as pearl clutching women pointing at "Brian" (Insert name of fictitious male character in the original series, and also any spin-off's of Quaranteam) It seems to be in American Politics it's Either/Or, and if you don't like the Fictitious Politics, then don't fucking read it!! Rather than leaving a comment on the Politics, and Not on the Fucking Fiction Fantasy Story and what you think about it, with constructive feedback!! And I have probably Pissed Off the Religious lot by mentioning and quoting "The Life of Brian"!!! So I will go for broke and that some might find misogynistic, I am glad that the man is not a muscled 6ft Adonis Love God who is an Author/Aussie SAS/Scientist/Rich/Posh Twat/Ex Russian Soldier/James Bond (delete as applicable) and the woman has been through a double mastectomy, possible self harm and a hard life and isn't a Fit 22yr old, with double D breasts and bubble butt/arse/whatever!! Personally I would prefer someone with good personality and sense of humour and the same Politics/Religious views/Women's rights, to spend the rest of my life with, and the other women (but I wouldn't turn suddenly Bi) the same!! At the end of the day, it's fantasy fiction and if you don't like it, fucking move on and don't Bitch about it!! Yes in my country we swear alot and also have free healthcare so I won't be worried about the bill's!! Right, I am off for a deep fried Mars bar and a can of Irnbru!! *Anony-mouse*

alsithalsith28 days ago

Anony-mouse nailed it. :) . In other news:

"So, your MC’s reaction to the death of two men is basically “Great! The political situation is better now!”

That’s fucked up"

Mate, as a non-American I hate to inform you, if it went down as described 80% of the rest of the planet would be having the same "glad that happened " reaction while giggling into their popcorn.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userOtterlyMindblowing@OtterlyMindblowing
As just about all of you who follow me know, AiLovesToGrow has passed away. She was a friend and mentor to me, beyond just creating the Becoming Monsters world I love to write in. Her Book Two is incomplete, and will remain that way. I cannot finish them for her and to try wou...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES