All Comments on 'Quaranteam: Remote Work Ch. 04'

by OtterlyMindblowing

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
Carnes8004Carnes80046 months ago

Keep up the great work. Stay safe.

cfp33pfccfp33pfc6 months ago

My mom had a mastectomy, and I can easily imagine her fear in this type of situation. Very well written and a unique twist on the Q storyline. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Love the story so far, my only complaint would be your pacing. I feel like this chapter and the last could gave been merged together to add another team member. Keep up the great work. Cawzit till the next chapter

NursesNurses6 months ago

An easy 5. You really write extremely well.

I can do that medical talk too. But I generally avoid it. Even with my primary care physician. Medic for 6 years in the Army. A lifetime ago. I am 71.

You actually research your stories. That's rare but a sign of a serious writer. I once read a book by a well known writer and she obviously didn't do research. The good guys ship fired a warning shot which landed " right in front of the aft". I think she meant the bow. And then there was the rifle that became a shotgun, then a rifle again and finally ended as a rifle. All in two pages. You sir, did not do any of that. For that I salute you.

CurrentParameterCurrentParameter6 months ago

Great next chapter. Keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I thought it started somewhat slow in the first chapter until I remembered and reread the other Quaranteam stories and realized they all seem to have that issue but only because they ramp up so quickly which you have done as well. There were so many parts of this chapter that really made it stand out to me such as the angry asshole dropping dead at the door which I thought was a smart way to close that particular relationship but also showed that AJ is a seriously nice guy and decent human being which was proven when he setup Chad with what will undoubtedly be an amazing partner if not unusual. I look forward to getting deeper into your part of this world which is another winner in the QT universe.

Marco

Rhino77PIlotRhino77PIlot6 months ago

The more or less mundane medical happenings in the midst of the mother-of-all-mass-casualties are an interesting plot inclusion. It actually relates to our situation in the COVID-19 world. Reading the medical news on Reuters, the USA, UK and European medical systems are seeing uptick in several areas due to chronic disease patients deferring routine appointments and care during the lockdowns and since they were released. This doesn't really apply here, except in the crises environment, Shannon's circumstances and follow on care should have been monitored much more closely. Ah, the power of bureaucracy to screw up even the most mundane of simple tasks....

JohnSimmsJohnSimms5 months ago

Fun to see Shannon linked to Ty in QT-AU! Also good to see a bit darker intro to this QT story. Things have been a little too sanitized in some of the other storylines. Thanks for writing and sharing!

CherrypahhaCherrypahha5 months ago

What’s up with Chad? Sounds interesting what you have hinted in your story arc? Is it another QT story arc or are you “fleshing” this story arc out.

I REALLY like what you have done! Very excited to see where you go!

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous27 days ago

In response to Rhino77Pilot from 5 months ago. In the UK, Chronic disease patients didn't defer their routine appointments and care during lockdowns, because they were cancelled by the NHS hospital's as they were swamped with Covid patients taking priority (both during the 1st and 2nd lockdowns all I can say it was a complete clusterfuck in regards to ppe to protect nurses and Dr's (I worked in Neuro icu which became a "Hot Zone" icu because a) we couldn't remove tumours when it took 5 days to get results back saying that the pt had Covid during the 1st lockdown, and having major brain surgery and Covid would end the pts life ( Hot and cold Zones were hard to manage, no ppe to cold but the staff were coming into contact with asymptomatic/symptomatic Covid, getting it and passing it on to others including their families!! It was quicker to get MRSA results back!!(that didn't go away) And we still had people with winter flu "normal" influx during the 2nd lockdown. B) due to the lockdowns people were not having the type of accidents and head injuries we normally saw. So even cardiothorasic routine surgery wasn't happening (all transplantation wasn't happening either) so they became "Hot" and the other things were staffing levels, HCA's helped but a icu staff nurse were looking after up to 4 pts, all very critical on ventilators so staff from theatres were drafted in to work in ICU's, even surgeons were doing nursing as in their area's, no surgery was taking place. Chronic disease pts who were clinically vulnerable "sheltered" at home!! Then with FFP2/3 masks between lockdowns(and during and after the 2nd lockdown) have checkups, but worst 1st (the turn around Was VACCINATION for COVID!! And also encouraging flu vaccine uptake) I could go on but Covid has Not Gone Away so Please have your Covid boosters with flu vaccine when contacted!! So people are presenting with more advanced diseases/conditions and there is a massive backlog for ops, scans, treatments, appointments and so on. But for the 1st 2 lockdowns/waves, clusterfuck doesn't come close to describing the panic, lack of ppe, wrong type of ppe or out of date, magic up icu and hdu beds and staff!! And the Burnout....clapping didn't pay the rent/mortgage but decent pay would...

*Anony-mouse*

Ps. After the 1st lockdown for the UK as a whole, after that the devolved governments of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland had their own lockdowns and policies regarding healthcare and Covid. Difficult to say who fared the worst but it was England, and the anger at the gvt having parties at No 10 and lack of social distancing and masks, and Bozo's lack of awareness (shaking hands with Covid patients!!) And understanding, setting up Nightingale hospital's which the military built but not having the icu/hdu staff (already stretched in hospital's let alone staffing the pop up hospital's) which became post Covid recovery, the London Nightingale had 400 icu/hdu beds, only 61 patients was the highest number and they were post Covid recovery patients!! Waste of money and resources!!) Track and trace was a massive money pit and couldn't track anything or trace where the money went!! Also the England government giving ppe contracts to their friends who had never done medical before instead of firms who had for many, many years 🙄 😳!!! Won't go on as it's bringing on my PTSD.... *AM*

.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userOtterlyMindblowing@OtterlyMindblowing
As just about all of you who follow me know, AiLovesToGrow has passed away. She was a friend and mentor to me, beyond just creating the Becoming Monsters world I love to write in. Her Book Two is incomplete, and will remain that way. I cannot finish them for her and to try wou...