All Comments on 'Quaranteam - The Upstart's Knight Ch. 02'

by AgathonWrites

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
ChuysaurusChuysaurus8 months ago

Super hot! Well done!!!

kyotie913kyotie9138 months ago

A great start keep going please..

C_frommnC_frommn8 months ago

Love the story. Keep it coming.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Really good starting chapters, you know how to set a scene and build it up. Love the way you're getting into the complicated emotions of walking into this situation heads up.

DistantConstellationDistantConstellation8 months ago

This is a terrific start to a UK addition to the cannon.

A trivial note? "Caesar crossing the Rubicon. I went to private school," she stated, as if that explained away any pretension. "Felt as fitting as anything."

If she's a UK native, as I'd understood, she'd have said "I went to public school", wouldn't she? Confusingly for us US folk, "public" means what we'd call "private" in the UK, I understand.

As I say utterly trivial. You are doing this quite beautifully.

NursesNurses7 months ago

Second one just as good as the first. Do you have any published fiction out there in the world?

AgathonWritesAgathonWrites7 months agoAuthor

Nothing else out there, this is my first real attempt at writing anything sustained, let alone for others to read

WargamerWargamer7 months ago

Great story, so enjoying this.

Scores, again, 5/5

WargamerWargamer7 months ago

AgathonWrites, then please keep it up, you are doing this brilliantly

I’m enjoying your work immensely..

I’m currently having a major back spasm, second time in two weeks and finding your story amongst the other new Quaranteam stories is just a delight. I can take my painkillers and lose myself in this universe. I was forced up by pain at 3am so have been reading for sometime thus far, but lm ripping thru your story it’s distracting me beautifully

A fantastic 5/5 and like the other add ons to Corruptings work into favourites.

Keep writing please.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Set in the UK, but it's for Americans to understand?!! Mom? No it's Mum. Slacks? No it's Trousers and Elevator, no it's Lift. Sexual words are in American slang so pussy this and pussy that. And to reply to Distant, we have Private schools as well as Public (Eaton and Harrow etc but are for boys!!) The rest go to state schools, Primary and Secondary/Comprehensive at 11 or 12yr olds (depending on which county you live in) Grammar schools if you pass exams and there's Academy and Faith schools. And lastly someone born in Preston in Lancashire in '88 would be called Ethan?! Sounds more Midwest US!! More likely would be Harry, Jack or Fred!! ( I had an Uncle from Preston and he was a Harry!!) So please write this story in English or just set it in bloody America!! (BTW, I went to a Private school from a Church of England Primary school, after passing my exams as an 11 year old in Oxfordshire!!)

AgathonWritesAgathonWrites7 months agoAuthor

I'm from the North of England and was born 1 year out from Ethan, and know several people my age with that name. What's here is true to my experience and the sort of language I'd use, a handful of tweaks for clarity aside :)

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Re the previous anonymous comment: There's very few private schools in the UK that aren't Public Schools, mostly

faith & Montessori ones (Public Schools are called called that because the first schools in the UK were Church Schools, and they were run by members of the public). Although Academies are some wierd private/government hybrid, run by companies but paid for by the government. Like a lot of stuff in the UK these days. Usually more expensive and less effective that if the government just did it themselves. If you want to want to get technical, in Scotland, academies are also the equivalent of comprehensives.

Also, you could just say Ethan's mum was a fan of Auzzie and American soaps, which were popular in the UK in the 90's, especially Neighbours, pretty sure there was an Ethan in that.

Graybear1826Graybear18262 months ago

Wonderful storytelling thus far. I have recommended your work to others. Required reading for my soulmate. The wording you use should be whatever suits your own style. As an American, I wouldn't expect any accomodations from an English writer. I think we can keep up. I find myself longing to actually see Aoife. The downside of fiction, I suppose.

Thank you for your efforts here, looking forward to many more of your submissions

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAgathonWrites@AgathonWrites
620 Followers
Just a rookie writer sharing their first real attempts at putting together some words for the first time in a long time. QT:UK and Picture Perfect are both written with the blessing and support of the original Quaranteam author. Writers block is real and it sucks - sorry fo...