All Comments on 'Queen B'

by ohio

Sort by:
  • 52 Comments
luedonluedonover 4 years ago
That was quick

Neat and well constructed. I liked it.

Lue

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 4 years ago
wow, making the king a cuckold

is that the new form of sexy or is this just another whore and her minion story. Hummmm I'll say its the last one.

A_BierceA_Bierceover 4 years ago
His discovery followed others

then he lost his lover. Basta!

Five shining 🌟 s.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
OK, a story about two cheaters, bastard children, and cirucumstances beyond their control.

So, what was the point? We get they were deeply in love and lust, and trapped by their relative circumstances. But it didn't start that way.

It started as all adultery does, with lust and abandonment of commitment and personal ethics. She fucked him because she wanted to. It could have been a one off. The first time was just running out of the restaurant without paying for the meal. What dastardly fun, and fuck the people cheated, hurt, and the betrayal.

The roles and the status and the ramifications are important only to a very shallow and cheap observer. Why does a dull mediocre boring man deserve cuckoldry? Did he make himself king? Was she forced to become his queen? Does an unhappy life condone an unethical life?

It was a well written story, as is your usual. It was an obnoxious and tedious portrayal of two selfish arrogant thieves reveling in their ill-gotten gains. Thanks for a very well assembled sandwich, made with spoiled meat and moldy bread.

And thank you for allowing one of the plebeians tell you what they think.

johnadpjohnadpover 4 years ago
"It's Good To Be The Queen"

Historically powerful men had plenty of mistresses on the side. It's good to see the queen get hers. Fair is Fair. Although I'm sure he was much more open with his dalliances and no one gave it a second thought.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Surprised

I thought for sure King F-man would have both of the selfish degenerates beheaded. Oh well, not everyone gets what they deserve.

luedonluedonover 4 years ago
Well said, JohnADP

And it's not all that uncommon, even today, for men in positions of power to have a mistress.

Lue

ohioohioover 4 years agoAuthor
Just in case people don't get it (which is possible):

this story is not about a king, a queen, and her lover--

it is about a very particular king, queen, and her lover. The clues were meant to be not too obvious, but to allow readers to figure it out by the end.

Thanks, ohio

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
No beheadings

Of course they weren’t beheaded. Even though it’s not historically accurate, it would have been a bridge to far to have Ferdinand execute Columbus and Isabella.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 4 years ago
Sweet.

Great to have Ohio back on the page. This about how I suspect things go in the courts of the rich and powerful. Thank you for writing. You still a hoe, tho. Randi.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 4 years ago
While the king was a fag cuck, and

the story was pretty much shit, I really enjoyed it! Having the always sarcastic Ohio posting stories is a gift to us all. You should vote him a five just for past efforts and to encourage him to keep posting. He is a legend, pretty much in his own mind. I thank him for posting a story after I badgered him to do so. Ohio is one of the all-time greats.

ausfetausfetover 4 years ago

I was fooled; I thought for sure it was another modern day executive love story, and am glad I was wrong. The royal setting lends more authenticity and offers a plausible explanation as to why Isabella is unhappy with her husband. Who would be thrilled about an arranged marriage to someone who is likely also a relative? Lucky for her, she had her fun, found love, and while the ending, with all it's grief about lost opportunities and not really 'knowing' one's offspring - is very bittersweet, it's also a lovely ending. It's a story of love, not some moral fable about what one must or must not do within the confines of marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A new take on I and F and CC!

Unexpected, clever rewrite of history! Great job, as usual!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
typical fag, cuck, shit, tale

OHIO seems to master those tale traits

1 star

luedonluedonover 4 years ago
Ps:

This story, and 'Managing Expectations' by Piper Hamlin, followed the theme I was expecting from this event; of a woman in a position of formal power exercising that power. Not going completely drunk with power, but recognising the power that came with the position and using it to their advantage.

There's just not enough of it around these days.

Lue

FD45FD45over 4 years ago

Fourth, only because I did not immediately notice your name

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A short on a queens infidelity and bastard children

Not much else going on here,

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Well

I wasn't sure if I wanted to waste time reading a relatively low scoring story by a very good writer. I was tempted to reading since it was a flash story, then I saw luedon gave it praise. Now we know why it scored so low.

Owd_BobOwd_Bobover 4 years ago

Almost makes you wonder what would have come next if John had lived to ascend to the throne instead of his mad (half?) sister Joana.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

HueDogg2, you only wished you had half the writing talent that Ohio does.

chytownchytownover 4 years ago
Thanks***

For the read.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 4 years ago
This damn Ohio guy

drew more comments on his comment on my story than my story did. His sarcastic wit is unparalleled. Ohio is the man. It's great to have him back!

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 4 years ago
Not historically accurate, maybe.

But it was a bloody good read!

5* all the way.

chastenchastenover 4 years ago
Enjoyed this one quite a bit

Thanks. Refreshingly different.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I'm not sure I needed a history lesson this morning.

And you're right - this was inaccurate history to be sure. But all you ended up with was cheating royals and a man risking his life to screw the Queen. Bad choices all around. Not sure where one commentator got the fag, cuck, shit from but I do know where HDK was coming from - his own personal place of humor and lunacy. This wasn't up to Ohio's standards. Maybe next time something longer with more thought given to the subject?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
WTF!

Scoring is ridiculous! If this is not a 5, then what is? Thanks, Ohio, please keep

entertaining us!

LalawmanLalawmanover 4 years ago
Sweet!

Though it was the last sentence before I got it. Love it!!!

ChagrinedChagrinedover 4 years ago
Hmmmm.

Maybe not historically accurate but it ought to be. and any contribution from Ohio is to be cherished and explored. Thanks!

Best Regards,

C

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 4 years ago
Huh

Didn't know what to make of your story.

Gave it a five for all the past enjoyment.

BP

patilliepatillieover 4 years ago
That’s it?

From the author of House of Cards and What Did I do to Disappoint You cery disappointing! In all fairness it was tightly written but Jesus u r just mailing it in.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Broken heart

Well he lost his lover but he found America. Not a bad exchange. Great little piece of historical fiction.

justbobkcjustbobkcover 4 years ago
5 stars

OK - I didn't get it until reading all the comments.

I then had to check Wikipedia on Isabella's progeny. John was born in 1478 and died in 1498. I am not sure when Columbus first approached the King or Queen for funding - the brief Wiki article said he spent "years" lobbying the Catholic Monarchs but apparently mainly did interact with Isabella.

Ferdinand was busy with things like finally defeating all the Muslims in Iberia - also happened in 1492 - and then designing the Spanish Inquisition to inspect the faith of all the forced converts to Christianity. This included Jews as well as Muslims and was done not out of religious zeal but to head off treachery and revolt against his secular authority.

All in all this idea for a story is pretty brilliant. I think you could have fleshed it out a little more. Isabella was a strong woman in her own right and entered her marriage to Ferdinand with a prenup that protected her own Monarch status. Her history (and many other noted women of the middle ages like Catherine of Aragon) kind of also belies the current anti-Catholic feminist propaganda how terribly "mistreated" women were "back then".

Or you could have portrayed a bit of real history in the same vein with a fairly large societal change - pretty much the end of "chivalric romance" idealized chaste love between a married Lady and a Knight (emotional affairs allowed but not physical!)

This was the "Tour de Nestle Affair" scandal - which involved King Philip IV (The Fair - as in handsome, not just!) three daughters-in-law who all did indeed cheat on their husbands, the King's sons - in 1314. The King's daughter (also an Isabella) was a schemer and powerful in her own right and "outed" her sisters-in-law.

OnethirdOnethirdover 4 years ago
The least pickings

Okay, I was dense and didn’t work it out while I read it. In essence, a love fable that is sketched out with limited detail, but it is what it is. Kudos on your alternate history take.

49greg49gregover 4 years ago
It took a while for my sleepy brain to click

But it was a good one. I had glanced over the name 'Chris' and didn't connect the 'Bella' with the first few letters of the real Queen's name until you mentioned 'The next King of Spain'. OK, OK, I was up late last night, and I'm a little slow.

Loved it. "F-man" indeed!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Welcome Back

It's been almost two and a half years. I was just looking to see if I had missed any stories and reread Preemptive Strike when I saw you had returned. Not your usual story but I enjoyed it. Took a little while to catch on but I figured it out and had to do some backstory reading. Good take on what may or may not be an alternative history. Hope everything is good in Ohio's Land. Signed: BTW

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 4 years ago
Sure

This isn't written for those who didn't break a 1000 on the SAT but it's absolutely a helluva story. Makes one sit and think, how would I have felt in those days knowing my son, my genes, would rule a country and yet, I could never be a father to him.

Were this a true story, I suppose it would have explained why "Chris" got the money for the voyage and sailed into the annals of history. Remarkable idea for a story.

Cheating on an arranged loveless marriage in the days of monarchs was a different matter than the usual cheating bitches written about in LW so you fag cuck screamers can take a chill pill secure in the knowledge that, unlike you, most of us see ourselves in the role of "Chris" rather than the role of the impotent, inbred, and foolish king.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 4 years ago
I should add

I'll rip a cuck story as quick as anyone. But if you are smarter than the average bear, read this one confidently. It's a large five based on an idea, which if expanded on, could carry a novel and a movie.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 4 years ago
This Story Will Meet with a Frosty Reception in English Aristocratic Circles

.Though the story is set centuries ago. Much of it could be transposed to present J hearth and throne err home. But I enjoyed it .

Ergo the obvious score

Full marks *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
DON'T HAVE ANY IDEA...

What the body of the story is. I read the second chapter after the introduction and knew I would hate it. I'm not tall and good looking like the pompous ass you put forward as your protagonist so in your opinion, my wife should find the first guy better looking and start fucking around. A couple of real pieces of shit. Being of royal birth does not bestow moral integrity.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Agree with anon adultery is adultery and those engaged need step ladder to crawl under snake's belly

Yuck

NitpicNitpicalmost 4 years ago
Just

Just a load of nonsense.

BelgiumBelgiumover 3 years ago
The characters fit late 15th century Spain

Nice little historical tale and if you break the code you can find some real historical candidates for the characters involved:

"Queen B" (named Bella at various points in the story) must be Queen Isabella of Castille (1451-1504). She was Queen of Castille in her own right, and not just a queen-consort.

The "F-Man" who was her consort must be Isabella's husband King Ferdinand II of Aragon (1452-1516). Their marriage united the various independent Spanish kingdoms (with the exception of Navarre and Portugal).

The aforementioned royal couple had one son and four daughters who survived birth and infancy. The son was named Juan (John), which again fits the profile, but he died at age 19 in 1497 never succeeding his parents to their thrones. Two of the royal couple's daughters were important historical figures in their own right:

- their daughter Juana (Joanna the Mad) married Philip the Handsome (son and heir of the Habsburg emperor Maximilian I of the Holy Roman Empire) and they became the father of emperor Charles V of the HRE (who was also king of Spain) and emperor Ferdinand I of the HRE. Through Juana the Habsburg dynasty inherited the Spanish empire and its new colonies.

- the youngest daughter was Catherine of Aragon, first wife of Henry VIII of England, whose lack of male heirs caused the English reformation.

The other two daughters married both king Manuel I of Portugal but are historicallly of much lesser significance.

The explorer/lover in the story (named "Chris") could thus very well be Christopher Columbus.

It all fits the time frame.

An other commenter also made the same link but also made a connection to the Tour de Nesle affair (which involved only two cheating princesses with the third being in the know but not guilty of adultery herself, and which ended very badly for the lovers and the adulterating princesses). I don't think that early 14th century French affair fits the characters and the hints/names given.

MarkT63MarkT63almost 3 years ago

Good thing Chris decided to go exploring!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Interesting story.

Not much fun to read though.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nice suspense building. Would have loved to hear how love made a way for them or how the lover moved on and found something equally fulfilling...!

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

Belgium has a great comment

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Highly creative story of Christopher Columbus and Ueen Isabella cuckolding King Ferdinand and having a son together that would (in theory) rule Spain. In fact the son died young, never succeeded the throne and the fallout had large impact on history across Europe, including the MC (Chris) getting his money for his voyage to the Americas. Not your simple cheating story.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

To be fair, cheating is a bit different through the lens of arranged marriages. Most royalty and nobility on Europe cheated, unless highly religious. The men did it more frequently because if they got caught no big deal. The women had to be more careful, but often did it, because it was unusual for their to be love in such arranged unions. Such marriages were more about power and heirs than any attraction or love.

jmmj5jmmj57 months ago

Superb. I'm a big Spain fan.

Not sure how I missed this. I hope you write another.

Cracker270Cracker2704 months ago

I just got a very entertaining history lesson. Both from this great story and the comments

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Interesting spin on royalty and the exploration; however, it does fall apart given how Catholic Isabella was. Plus, she really really did not like Christopher Columbus and frequently tried to cheat him on his contract, resulting in his heirs suing the Spanish crown repeatedly.

.

I am 100% sure that this type of story happened a bit more often than one would expect from fairy tales, but definitely not as close to as much as in a loveless in the modern day. It would be a very high risk matter as technically, the adultery was treason and execution would not have been out of the question.

carvohicarvohi13 days ago

I am so ashamed. I stopped folowing you so I never saw this. Well now I have, and I'm so delighted. This is a magnificent fairy tale. I loved it. Of course, only a five could suffice.

Please don;t leave us.

carvohi

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous