All Comments on 'Queen Yavara Ch. 61'

by White_Walls

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
Reader24601Reader24601almost 4 years ago
I don't know if I should punch you or kiss you.

When I started reading this way back in the before-times I thought I was going to see a generic fantasy story but with hentai elves (You probably get the reference considering all the tentacle and futanari scenes).

Lo and behold, what you have wrought. I have never been so wonderfully conflicted and beautifully confused in my life. You made me care about so many characters only to kill them. I pulled my hair out when Prestira and the hybrids died. And I'm confused as how you made me care about really devious characters like Leveria. You gave me really conflicting boners. I always thought anal gaping was kind of disgusting but like the high elves in the story you are making me rethink my position.

And let us not forget the plot. Oh the twisting, wonderful, exciting, horrifying, depressing, sexy, awesome terrific plot. I do not think I had so many up and downs in terms of plot progression in my decades long reading experience. Backstabbing politics in one scene then brilliant military maneuvers the next.

I have no idea if this story is about to end. It kind of feels like it. I still don't know if I want to punch you or kiss you. Maybe both, Leveria, Elena and Yavara certainly seem to have that kind of relationship. But what I am sure of doing to you is this:

Thank you very much for the ride. I won't wipe my fluids form the seat. You seem to like that.

Sincerely,

Reader24601

A fan

White_WallsWhite_Wallsalmost 4 years agoAuthor
lol thank you Read24601

In case you haven't noticed, shameful arousal, sexual confusion and corrupting lust are my kinks, so it only makes sense that I do it to the readers of my stories >:D

Glad you liked it, and thank you for reading.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I am a sincere fan of your work. And, until chapter 61, I read your novel with great pleasure. Just out of respect for your talent, I decided to write this comment. I understand that you have finished your work and are unlikely to want to change anything. But I still decided to tell you my opinion.

After reading chapter 61, it seemed to me that between the phrase "So, I spent most of my time lying around, reading books, and oh yeah, plotting her downfall" and the description of Elena's overthrow, you needed to describe something else. Otherwise, it is not clear why Lydia, who is so passionately in love with her daughter, so easily betrayed her. What made Elena's mother do this? Why did Elena give up her crown so easily? I think Elena would have done this if her mother had been threatened by something more serious than the publicity of their relationship.

Please think about it.

White_WallsWhite_Wallsover 3 years agoAuthor

Thank you so much for your feedback.

Maybe I was too subtle with the character of Lydia and who she is. I often break the age-old rule of "show, don't tell" by giving each character their own first-person perspective so they can rationalize to you, the reader, their actions, but Lydia only has one first-person scene in which she's a rabid vampire, so you garner most of her personality from other perspectives.

Lydia is above all, a staunch traditionalist and protectorate of the crown. In chapter 50 she sneaks back into Bentius to aid in the rebellion--not because her daughter needs her help, but because her daughter is by law the rightful queen once Leveria was presumed dead. While Lydia would've certainly attempted to rescue her daughter regardless of the situation, she would never have aided Elena in a rebellion unless Elena had a rightful claim. This causes Elena's outburst where she rages about the fallacy of Leveria's propriety and how her mother's loyalty to traditional values is loyalty to a farce--a conservative ideal of the crown that had no grounding in reality. Only, in chapter 51 it is revealed that Lydia knows very-well that her deference to traditionalism is a farce, for she herself has been living a lie under the repressive conservative value system of the Highland monarchy.

So what can be deduced about Lydia's character from this revelation? If she knows the pageantry and propriety of nobility is all just a veneer for power-hungry sociopaths to clothe themselves in an air of dignity, why is she such a defender of proper lines of succession? Simply put, she's pragmatic. You get a sense of her pragmatism when she's a vampire in the ruins of Castle Bentius, trying to justify how best to engage in cannibalism. She's a seasoned player in the Noble Court, and she knows that the only thing keeping the den of snakes from consuming itself is the single agreement that the rightful transfers of power must be respected. It would be entirely out of character for her to support a despot, and even that despot was her own daughter.

I hope that clears things up for you. Perhaps I should've done a better job reiterating this. Either way, I greatly appreciate your feedback.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userWhite_Walls@White_Walls
I write erotic novels because my imagination is vivid and fucked up, and if I keep those thoughts bouncing around in my head, I'll get brain cancer. So now, I'm putting them in your head. If you like debauched high fantasy, religion-gone-wrong, shameful incest or just boring o...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES