Queen's disGrace Bk. 01 Ch. 02

Story Info
Queen Marguerite regroups from her secret being discovered.
10k words
4.88
4.8k
15

Part 2 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/17/2023
Created 03/25/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Thanks to MissJenny54 for the editing, and to all the people who had read and supported my work.

****

Marguerite groaned as she opened the small drainage gate that led back into the castle. Her whole body ached, and the friction of the clothing against her bruised and battered flesh felt like being burned with fire. Each movement made her hiss in pain, and with every step, Marguerite was surprised she'd managed to make it this far on her own. I'm almost there now, she thought, and then I can rest. Jacqueline will take care of me. The thought of her handmaiden filled her with both hope and dread.

Jacqueline knew all her secrets. Marguerite needed to tell her about what happened at the club and how her identity had been revealed, but more than that, what the mysterious guest had said after acknowledging her identity.

"Very good, pet. I had no idea you were such a sensuous, submissive slave, Your Highness." The man laughed as he pulled his fingers away from Marguerite's sex and smeared her pussy juices around the Queen's areolas, teasing the nipples while making them glisten with her lewdness. "Oh yes, Queen Marguerite, I know exactly who you are."

As Marguerite started to pull her hands from the silk bindings, the man wrapped his arms around her and held her tightly. "Now, now Your Majesty, don't fight. Calm down and hear me out," the man whispered in her ear while holding her in an intimate embrace.

Marguerite panicked. How did he know who she was, and what did he want? The Queen knew she shouldn't have started speaking or let her lust take over. "What do you want?"Marguerite asked.

"Nothing you don't want if you're being honest with yourself." His gravelly voice tried to soothe her and keep her from struggling. "I rather enjoyed this game, and clearly, you did as well. Wouldn't it be fun to spice it up even further?"

"How?" She asked, heart beating faster in trepidation. While horrified that her humiliating secret had been discovered, a part of her was excited by the prospect. Either way, Marguerite needed more information to find out what this man had planned.

"I have access to your Court, Majesty. That's how I recognized you. But you don't recognize me. Doesn't that make this game more exciting? I'll pass the orders, My Queen, and you'll obey. Because it's arousing and it feels right, and because if you don't, I'll start spreading your dirty little secret." The guest moved his hands to Marguerite's breasts, massaging the mounds and teasing the nipples again.

"N-no one will listen. Stories are circulated all the time!" A shudder ran down Marguerite's spine at the prospect of this particular rumor circulating her Kingdom.

"Yes, there's always gossip about a monarch, especially a Queen. But your strength rests on your alliance with the Church. What will they do when they learn the Queen is a sinful slut? Will you be able to lie to the Archbishop's face when he asks you about these rumors? Will the Patriarch endorse your claim against the Hoehns if you're rumored to be a lewd woman?"

Marguerite whimpered softly. The Queen felt guilty enough withholding her perversions from confession. Could she really bring herself to lie outright about them, especially to the Archbishop? Would her face be able to hide the truth of the rumors, or would she flush uncontrollably and give herself away? Plus, he was right. Even the hint of scandal could chase away the support she needed from the Patriarch.

"Not to mention that many of your nobles will want to believe them. Like the Duke you punished today, he'll want to believe them and will definitely help spread them. Your support among the nobility is thin enough; do you really want to test it?"

Whoever the guest was, he certainly knew about her Court and her political situation.

"I'm going to leave now, pet. Don't take off your hood until I'm gone. Expect a message from me. Do what it says, or you'll find out what this Kingdom really believes about you."

Marguerite had obeyed his instructions and was now back in the castle, trying to figure out what to do. Maybe talking with Jacqueline will help, she thought. Marguerite found Jacqueline dozing in a small chamber off her own, waiting for Marguerite's return. The Queen looked down at the pretty blonde woman and hesitated to wake her peaceful slumber, but finally her own needs won out.

"Jacqueline, I'm back," Marguerite forced out, her words tense with pain from her wracked body.

Jacqueline's eyes fluttered open, and she quickly rose from her seat. "Your Majesty, welcome back. How was it? Did you get what you need?"

Tears welled in Marguerite's eyes, and she shook her head. "Help me..."

"Of course, Your Majesty!" Jacqueline disrobed Marguerite and gasped in outrage and shock as she slipped off the Queen's shift and saw the angry red welts all over her body. "Marguerite! What happened!"

"There was a man tonight, I don't know who he was, but he knew me! He knew who I was, even though I had the hood! He went further than anyone else had before, Jacqueline!"

"Oh no! What did he say? What's he going to do?" Jacqueline helped Marguerite onto the bed before going to a cabinet to retrieve an ointment. She sat beside the Queen and rubbed the soothing cream over Marguerite's body, trying to be as gentle as she could on the poor Queen's delicate back.

"We were having a nice 'encounter' actually; oh Jacqueline, I wish I hadn't enjoyed it so much, but it was the most fulfilling trip to the club I've ever had! But then, at the end, right after I 'finished,' he addressed me as 'Your Majesty' and told me he knew who I was." Marguerite paused and let out a small moan as Jacqueline's fingers worked the ointment into her marks, moving from her back to her bottom.

"What happened then?" Jacqueline inquired as she continued to rub the soothing cream over the Queen's wounds, covering each welt and working the healing unguent into the skin.

"The man said he had access to Court and certainly knew so much about what's going on here, and if I didn't follow his orders, he'd tell the Church and the nobles that I'm a lewd woman who enjoys being whipped, being a submissive slut." Marguerite whimpered again at the memory.

"No one would believe that!" Jacqueline objected.

"That's what I said! He was convincing, though and said nobles like the Duke of Buiscard would want to believe it, and I wouldn't be able to lie to the Archbishop, and the story might make the Patriarch think twice about supporting me," Marguerite sobbed out, before sighing and closing her eyes as Jacqueline moved down the backs of her legs. "Who is he? How could he know so much about what's happening at Court?"

"Turn over Marguerite," Jacqueline requested, then began to massage the ointment into Marguerite's breasts. "What a brute to do this to you! Well, I think it has to be someone new to Court. I mean, you've been visiting the Silver Belle for years, and this is the first time something has happened. I wager it's that banker, Lorenzo Docasta. You know what they've been saying about that family! And the Floreze are a decadent people. This sounds like it would be just his thing!"

"I don't know. Lorenzo didn't seem that way when I met him. We're entering into a business agreement; would he really jeopardize it over sex? No, I think Prince Gailen is a more likely suspect. He has everything to gain from humiliating me and ruining my reputation!" Marguerite closed her eyes again, a blush forming in her cheeks as her nipples hardened from Jacqueline's massage. Even after tonight, even after all this, how am I still getting aroused? The Queen felt terribly guilty and tried to push the feelings from her mind. One God protect me from these temptations!

"But that's just the thing! Prince Gailen has every reason to ruin your reputation. Why would he bother to play this game? He'd go straight to the Archbishop, the Patriarch and everyone else."

"Unless he wanted to draw it out, create even more compromising situations to lend credence to the accusation. He could be playing a long game!" Marguerite countered.

"I suppose." Jacqueline didn't look sure though. She continued to rub the ointment over Marguerite's body, moving down to the Queen's taut stomach.

"Oh! There is another thing. Like I said earlier, he mentioned the Duke of Buiscard specifically and said he would be prone to believing and spreading the stories since I punished him. Do you think it could have been one of his cronies?"

"Or the Duke himself! We already know he has a predilection for whipping pretty young women!" Jacqueline exclaimed in excitement.

Marguerite shook her head. "No, I, erm, 'felt' his body. It was firm and strong, unlike the Duke's fat body."

"Oh." Jacqueline looked crestfallen that the easy solution wasn't possible. "Well, maybe it was one of his cronies. How are we going to figure out who it was?"

"We've only scratched the surface of the most likely subjects, but it could be anyone." Marguerite sighed. "Well, not anyone. It has to be someone at Court."

"Did you notice anything else about him? Any clues?"

"His voice was gravelly, but I think he was disguising it. The wretch! He must have recognized me first thing and started disguising his voice!" Marguerite propped herself against some pillows and looked down at Jacqueline as the Lady-In-Waiting began rubbing the ointment into the Queen's legs.

"So we know he has access to court, has a firm body, and was disguising his voice," Jacqueline sighed. "It's not much to go on. We should start with the most likely, or most damaging, suspects."

"Most damaging? What do you mean?"

"Well, if he is just some noble looking to have fun, nothing worse can happen as long as you play along. But if it's Prince Gailen trying to destabilize the throne, or the banker trying to compromise you into a disadvantageous deal, those could have severe consequences" Jacqueline explained.

"Hmm, I suppose you're right. If Buiscard is behind this, he could be trying to influence policy and strengthen the nobles." Marguerite looked pensive as she considered the possibilities.

"Who else could do the most harm if they're the blackmailer?" Jacqueline asked. "What about the Archbishop? It would be a disaster if the Church knew!"

"Yes, but the problem would be the Church being told and removing its support, but if the blackmailer is the Archbishop, then it's already too late! Besides, I've known him since I was a young girl. I don't think it could possibly be him!"

"I don't know, Marguerite; you never can tell what secrets people are hiding." Jacqueline looked up at Marguerite meaningfully.

Blushing, the Queen responded, "I suppose you're right, but then he'd have just as much to lose as me. Even though I don't think it's him, we can put him down as a suspect, but not a dangerous one."

"Alright, that's the Duke, the banker, and the Prince. How are we going to discover if any of them are involved?"

"I'm meeting with Lorenzo tomorrow to discuss the line of credit. I will feel him out and try to see if he gives anything away." Marguerite replied.

"What about the Prince, then?" Jacqueline asked.

"I suppose I'll have to handle that as well. Gailen said he wasn't going anywhere, so I'll doubtless have more meetings where he'll try and convince me to surrender the Freighen Lands or at least give away something about how we'll respond."

"If you're looking into those two, I suppose I'll have to investigate the Duke," Jacqueline offered, not looking thrilled with the idea. "It would be strange for you to approach him after everything anyway." The Queen's maid pressed her teeth into her lower lip as she thought, "But how will I contact him? Do you have any ideas?"

Marguerite looked down at Jacqueline for a long moment before replying. "One, but I don't think you'll like it."

"That's rather alarming, Marguerite. Just Tell me, please!"

"We know the guest is a patron at the Silver Belle. I think... I think you will have to go there at night and try to identify the patrons and see who is there because that is the pool of suspects we have to work from!"

Jacqueline gasped at the idea. She'd been there several times before, but only during the day. "You're right; that is the pool of suspects." Jacqueline sighed. "I can't even ask the owner; all the guests are anonymous. That's the whole point. And I can't go there officially to force the issue because that would reveal your involvement." Trapped, Jacqueline realized there wasn't any other choice. "Alright, I'll do it and pray to the One God that my mother and father don't hear of it."

"Thank you, Jacqueline, you're a good friend. I don't deserve to have you looking after me like this."

"But what do I do if the Duke isn't there, or I can't recognize him?"

"I don't know. We'll worry about that when we come to it." Marguerite smiled at Jacqueline. "Thank you again."

"You don't have to thank me, Marguerite. You're my Queen and my friend."

"Then, can I ask you for one more favor?" Marguerite leaned back against the pillows again.

"Of course, just ask."

"I was supposed to meet with Stephan tomorrow to discuss the readiness of our army. But I can't go like this. I need to rest. Will you go for me? We need to begin preparations to repel an incursion from King Victor. He'll know what to do; you just have to relay my order, get the status, and then come back and brief me. Can you do that?"

"I don't know; he might not want to discuss such sensitive matters with me, let alone take orders to start raising forces!"

Marguerite sighed. "You may be right. Go to my drawer and get the Royal Signet. If you show him that, he'll listen to you. Also, please bring me the Royal Ledger in the morning so I can study the most recent figures before I meet with Lorenzo."

"Alright, Marguerite, that will work." Jacqueline went to the drawer, pulled out the royal Signet, and slipped it into her pocket before kissing the Queen on the head. "Get some rest. I'll be back in a few hours.

****

The following day, Jacqueline rose early, got dressed, then retrieved the Royal Ledger from the Finance Minister. At first, he hadn't wanted to give her the Ledger as she suspected, but after producing the Royal Signet, he changed his tune and handed it over. Jacqueline had to admit she got a perverse thrill from putting him in his place by wielding the power of the Signet. Hopefully, I don't have to go as far with Stephan, she thought. After delivering the Royal Ledger to Marguerite and helping her get dressed for her meeting with the banker, Jacqueline went to find the Queen's cousin.

She eventually found Stephan talking to a stableboy who was untacking the Lord's charger, though it was unfair to refer to him as a boy as he was quite grown. Although broad-shouldered, he couldn't compare to the muscular warrior's frame of Lord Stephan. The Queen's cousin was fair of skin with high, angular cheekbones, looking every part an aristocratic noble. On the other hand, the groom was low-browed, with dark features and a coarse look about him."Excuse me, Lord Stephan, may I have a moment of your time?"

"Of course, My Lady. How may I be of service?" Stephan flashed Jacqueline a bright smile which made her blush.

The stablehand's smile was less charming and a little unnerving, but Jacqueline did her best to ignore it and focus on Stephan. "Queen Marguerite sent me to get the report on the state of the army."

Stephan frowned. "Is the Queen unwell?"

Glancing at the groom, Jacqueline looked back at Stephan. "Shall we adjourn to the palace? This conversation is best held in a more discreet location."

"Very well, please, allow me to escort you." Stephan smiled, and Jacqueline took his arm. The pair began walking back to the palace. "How are you doing today, Lady Jacqueline?"

"I'm doing very well, thank you, Lord Stephan." They walked in silence for a moment.

"How is your father, the Count of Estremont? I'm sure he's missing you terribly while you're at Court."

"He is doing well; he is honored by my position at Court but is anxious for me to return home." Jacqueline paused before continuing, "He thinks I need to get married before I'm so old I lose my appeal."

"Nonsense! You're still as beautiful as ever and well in the flower of youth."

"That's too kind, but I realize I'm past the age at which most girls get married. I just don't feel like I can leave the Queen yet. She still needs me." Jacqueline sighed. "What about you, Lord Stephen? Don't you feel pressure to get married?"

"Some. As I'm sure you know, I am the only child of my parents, which means I'm the only heir to the throne of LaRend since my father was removed from the line of succession. The dynasty needs more children, but I face some of the same problems as Marguerite; finding a marriage that will create a suitable alliance while not alienating anyone else."

"Ah, yes. A pain the Queen knows well." Jacqueline smiled up at Stephan. "Still, I'm sure you'll find someone suitable before too long. There are princesses from all over Faithfuldom vying for your hand."

"Hah! It seems that way. I suppose I should start looking for one whose family could be a counterweight against the Hoehns, but I have trouble seeing myself marrying a foreigner." Stephan turned his head to look at Jacqueline. "The women of LaRend are the most beautiful, after all."

"On behalf of all those women, I thank you, Lord Stephan." Jacqueline smiled at the compliment, then sighed. "You may be right; King Victor and Prince Gailen seem intent on threatening the Queen."

"Is that why the Queen requested an update on the army's status?"

Jacqueline nodded. "The Prince has communicated that his brother wishes to annex the Freighen Lands even if it means seizing them by force."

The pair entered the palace and began making their way to the Queen's meeting room. Upon arriving, Stephan stepped away from Jacqueline, removed a map from a nearby shelf and unrolled it across the conference table. He started by identifying their location on the map. "This is Parce. The Queen's main household is here, along with 50 household knights and another 500 men-at-arms representing about twenty percent of the Queen's personal forces. The rest are garrisoned across Her Majesty's estates." Stephan gestured around the map to the various concentrations of forces. "As you can see, they're spread about to cover as wide an area as possible, to respond to any bandits or incursions from foreign powers."

"How long will it take to gather them together?" Jacqueline asked.

"It will take approximately one month to concentrate the Queen's forces, depending on the rallying point. Even more, if we raise levies from the vassals, assuming they don't just pay scutage."

"So let me think; if we have to rely only on the Queen's forces, we'll be able to raise approximately 250 knights and 2500 men-at-arms. Is that right?" Jacqueline inquired.

"Yes. We could also call up peasant levies, but other than a few hundred trained archers, they wouldn't be worth much. So add in 300 archers, and Her Majesty's personal army is around 3050 men."

"Which will take approximately a month to concentrate," Jacqueline confirmed. "How many men could the Queen field if all the vassals provided their levies?"

"Somewhere around 9000, but there is almost no chance of every noble contributing their full levy, especially to fight a border war for Church property in the Freighen Lands." Stephan shook his head in disappointment. "It would be different if they were invading LaRend proper. Including the Queen's personal forces, I think we can muster an army of at least 6000,but probably more."