Queensland memories - Alan & Tom

Story Info
North Queensland memories from 1977 - Alan & Tom.
804 words
4.14
2.9k
1
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story is loosely based on real events in 1977. Loosely, because it was a long time ago and I can't remember it as well as I'd like to. Of course it was long before HIV, and we didn't use condoms.

I came out as gay in my late twenties while at university in Townsville, North Queensland in 1974. It was still a scary time to be gay because male-male sex was illegal and the local paper, The Townsville Daily Bulletin, was particularly nasty about gay issues. Overall, Townsville was not exactly the most broad-minded place in the country.

But in 1977 I had the chance to do a talk-back show in Townsville about homosexuality, with another gay guy I knew. It was on the local commercial radio station, and I was pretty nervous about it as it was a "first" for Townsville and for both of us, but it went ok.

A few days later, as a student union official I had to introduce someone to talk about an art exhibition that was on display in the union's refectory. I can't remember anything about the exhibition, except that shortly after the intro a tall good-looking blonde guy in his mid-twenties came up to me, gave me a big smile and said, "Hello".

"I'm afraid I don't recognise you" I confessed. Little wonder. He was operating the phone switchboard while I did the talk-back show the other day. And the penny finally dropped -- the hot guy was cruising me. I told him I was about to head home, saying something like "Maybe you'd like to join me for a drink."

We never had a drink of course but we got it on. It was his first time, and I confess I can't remember what we did that day. But once a week for some time afterwards he would drop by at night and we'd have a horny session together.

Years later I ran into Alan in a Sydney club ("The Midnight Shift") and watched him smoothly and quickly pick up a hot-looking man and go home with him. That blonde had certainly learned a few tricks since our first encounter.

But back to 1977. The night after my last mid-year exam I went out with several student union officials for dinner at a little asian restaurant in a nondescript suburb, and had too much to drink. I happened to look across the room and spotted a good looking man in his thirties sitting alone. But he looked downright unhappy.

Shortly afterward the stranger paid his bill and left, but I had enough to drink to be bold so I ducked outside, crossed the road, and tapped on the passenger side window as he was about to start the car. He wound the window down a bit and asked me what I wanted, his accent American.

I said something like, "Look I'm a bit drunk, but can I give you my phone number, as I'd like to make out with you sometime."

He said, "How do I know you're not setting me up?"

I nodded toward the copy of Campaign magazine I had spotted on the seat of the car. It was the only gay magazine in the country at that time, as far as I knew.

I said, "That edition has a feature article about Townsville, doesn't it, and there's a photo of a gay rights demo. I'm the guy holding the loud-hailer in that photo."

He pulled out a pen and a notepad and I wrote down my number and name. The next day, Saturday, he rang me and drove over to pick me up and take me back to his hotel room.

Tom was from San Francisco and had just arrived to take up a teaching job in Townsville, and was wondering what sort of god-awful mistake he had made by coming to red-neck North Queensland.

As we started to fool around on the bed, I guess I came across as a bit inexperienced, because he asked me how many men I had slept with, and I replied "Three or four."

He laughed so I asked him the same question, to which he answered, "About three or four hundred".

I soon found out that practice makes perfect; this man was a sex god. Over the next few months he had me in very conceivable position, and I couldn't get enough of him. He was a hot top and I wanted as much of his cock as I could get.

I moved away from Queensland not long afterwards, and never saw Tom again. But my favourite recollection of him is sixty-nining in his bedroom, when he wrapped his arms firmly around me and stood up and walked around the room, with me upside down and my throat impaled on his cock.