All Comments on 'Quiet Betty'

by YDB95

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfirealmost 2 years ago

Enjoyable story with a good message that bullying and body shaming can have very bad and very hurtful long-term consequences. I felt bad for Betty and for Nick considering what had happened to them but was glad to see they each dealt with their issue and found that someone special in the end. Other than a few typos and what appeared to be a missing word or two, the outline or reviewer’s note on page 3 (“Instead of Betty being…”) was the only significant item that needed cleanup. Very nice job and best wishes in the contest.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I thoroughly enjoyed this story. Thanks for sharing and all your hard work..

kirei8kirei8almost 2 years ago

A really dead ending

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I liked it, but as someone who was bullied, I would have preferred to see Audra have the "bitch" of Karma visit her more obviously and forcefully. My listening to the January 6th hearings and news about Ukraine, Uvalde, etc. probably is fueling some of my own desire for payback!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Trying to make sense of the characters and their situations on the first page was very difficult. Tiny bits of info dribbled in too slowly in the conversations. A bit more of a descriptive background early on would have made things much easier to follow.

Nasty56Nasty56almost 2 years ago

Needs few more chapters to make sense…

ValendonValendonover 1 year ago

Don't really agree with some other comments--I enjoy a start where characters' identities and relationships are opened up gradually. I don't need everyone's CV at the beginning. And it touches a near-fetish (bush) for me, so loved that plot line. Mean people--pretty much nailed it. Betty's resistance to Audra's manipulations? Bully for her!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous