Quiet Servitude Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

“You too. I’ve heard a lot about you in the last twenty-four hours.” He said, throwing his wife a resigned look. “If you have any associates who are interested in light housekeeping please provide Lisa with a way to contact them.” Apparently I might not be the only maid in the neighborhood in the coming weeks ahead.

I smiled at Lisa and she beamed back, clearly getting what she wanted and I was the leverage she was using.

“Can we help you with those?” she asked.

“Oh. No. Thank you. If you wouldn’t mind getting the trunk lid I would appreciate it.”

“I’ve got it.” Roger offered, stepping up and closing it.

“Are you here to see Christa?”

“Actually yes. She invited Roger and I over for dinner.”

My jaw slackened at the revelation.

“I am so sorry.” I said apologetically. “I didn’t know. Please come in.”

I lead the way into the house and set the packages on the counter.

“Would you like anything to drink?” I asked, leading them through the livingroom towards the adjoining room.

“We can wait for dinner Stacy. Thank you.” Roger said and Lisa concurred.

I stopped at the steps and they continued down into the greatroom where they met up with the trio and introductions were made. I placed the packages in the master bedroom and had returned to the kitchen just as the timer chimed and although a crock-pot was very forgiving I was looking for something to do in order to take my mind off of our neighbors unexpected appearance. Convinced it was done I removed the roast, potatoes and carrots and placed them on the serving dish before carrying it to the dining room. Setting a dish of coleslaw and basket of rolls on the table completed the meal and I returned to the kitchen to retrieve the chilled bottle of wine when the front doorbell chimed. I hurried to the dining room to set the wine in its place and was ready to answer the door when Christa walked by to get it.

“I’ve got it Stacy. Thanks.” She said, walking briskly across the living room, her breast swaying as she walked across the carpet in her high heels.

“Thank you ma’am.” I said, walking to the greatroom.

“Dinner is ready.” I announced.

The group in the greatroom rose from the couches and followed me to the dining room where they awkwardly attempted to identify their seats, wanting to follow some unknown rules of etiquette. They left the seat at the head of the table empty and took up positions on either side, Terry and Julie to one side and our neighbors Lisa and Roger on the other.

It was then that I heard voices from the foyer.

“Stacy? Could you give me a hand please?”

I left our guests and went to the foyer, steeling myself for the unknown and drew a breath when I rounded the corner ready to keep my eyes on my wife and to not flinch or hesitate. I still staggered slightly in my own heels when I entered the living room and caught sight of three people standing in the foyer but managed to keep my composure. It wasn’t easy to do when I saw them standing there.

“Yes ma’am?” I said, noting in my peripheral vision another couple, this one my secretary Debbie from work and her husband!

I involuntarily held my breath, as I stood there ready to be of service.

“Please open this and put it on ice also for dinner.” She said, handing me a bottle of white wine that the Hennesey’s must have brought.

“Yes ma’am.” I said, taking it from her and wanting to race away with it.

I turned and tried to make a casual retreat back to the safety of my kitchen, managing to reach the refrigerator and hold onto the handle for support.

“Let’s start eating before it gets cold.” Christa said, leading the Hennesey’s into the diningroom where she made the necessary introductions amidst the flying serving plates and silverware.

I opened up the wine was a satisfying ‘pop’ and placed it into a cooling vessel, crushed ice going in around the clear bottle. Steeling myself for the inevitable, I walked into the living room and set the wine next to the red.

“Can I get anyone else something to drink?” I asked, trying to make it appear that I wasn’t shying away from our newest arrivals. Debbie took up the chair next to Julie while her husband Glenn sat at the end of the table opposite Christa.

“Debbie. Glenn. This is our maid Stacy who just started with us this week. Stacy? This is Debbie and Glenn Hennesey.”

“It’s a pleasure to meet you both.” I said, nodding in deference to them as they paused in filling their plates.

“You too.” Debbie replied for the both of them.

“I’ll just have some of the Merlot.” He said, pushing some roast onto this plate. I took up the bottle of red wine and filled his glass.

“Ma’am?”

“I’ll take some of the white when it cools down. Thank you.”

“Yes ma’am. Does anyone need anything else?”

Terry finished off his beer and handed it to me wanting another.

“Ma’am? Ms. Jackson?”

Julie motioned to her coke while Christa mentioned the Merlot. I stepped over and poured her a glass.

“Mr. and Mrs. Campbell?” I asked, finishing the rounds of the table.

“I’ll just have ice water.” Lisa replied. Roger thought Terry’s beer sounded good.

I picked up the empty basket that had held the rolls minutes earlier and retreated to the kitchen to fill the various requests while the group continued to dine. Within moments, the crowd was satisfied and I had topped off the handful of serving dishes with meat and vegetables.

“In fact I think I ran into Stacy earlier today at the store.” Debbie said as I stepped back into the room and llaid the newly laden main serving dish back in the center of the table.

I nodded an acknowledgment and smiled toward the woman who, until this week, was spending her time sitting outside my office handling various tasks for me. She winked and returned to her meal.

“Yes. Stacy was out picking up a few items for tonight in fact.”

I went back to the kitchen and began moving the empty dishes to the sink when I noted a presence behind me.

“Stacy?” Christa spoke, having left her guests for a moment.

“I’m sorry ma’am. Is there something you need?” I felt like a frazzled waittress wanting everything to be perfect and feeling as though I had forgotten something.

“I just wanted to tell you that so far your job performance has been splendid. I didn’t think you would do this great of a job right out of the gate but so far I’ve been very impressed.”

“Thank you ma’am.” I said softly, slightly embarrassed, unable to meet her gaze.

“I hope I can rely on you to make tonight’s gathering a complete success? Yes?” she said rising one eyebrow expectantly.

“Of course ma’am. Anything.”

“I knew you would do a great job here and that you wouldn’t disappoint me. In fact, here is twenty dollars. I just confirmed that both Lisa and Roger aren’t partial to the french silk pie and I need you to run up to the corner market and pick up something else. Strawberry shortcake if you can get it. Won’t have time to get frozen strawberries but some fresh fruit and glaze should work. And make sure it’s cool whip and not the fake stuff OK? I’ll cover things here while you’re gone.”

She passed me the keys to my own Cavalier along with the twenty and she led me down the hall towards the garage. Here’s your wallet in case you need anything. Christa slipped the bill inside a woman’s leather wallet I hadn’t seen before and handed it back to me. I took a quick look and noticed my driver’s license inside, David’s driver’s license. Before I knew it, she had ushered me out into the garage and I stood there looking back at her, keys in one hand and the slim wallet in the other.

“Hurry back, OK? Thank you so much Stacy.”

With that she shut the door and I was alone, realizing that unlike my previous trip out I hadn’t had a chance to dress in something less . . . conspicuous. I did the proverbial hard swallow but my mouth had gone dry. My heart was hammering and seriously considered trying to fake my way back in the house hoping to change before going out but the door was locked and the house key was missing from the keychain. I considered just standing there but knew that I was going to the store and I was going dressed like this, my pink maids’ uniform with white collar and cuffs. I had on a pair of heels but this set was white with a more reasonable heel.

I just needed to think of this as another step in Stacy’s evolution. And if I didn’t get a move on, I suspected I would end up at the store in something even more revealing from my treasure trove of transgendered gear. Finally reducing my options to one I turned and stared out of the open garage. A car had passed a few moments ago and several of the local street kids had gone by in pursuit. As I walked down the center of the garage, swaying between Christa’s Cadillac and my Porsche in my heels I kept an eye out for anyone approaching while enjoying the clacking of my shoes on the cement. Besides a great rush of adrenaline from the thought of my upcoming jaunt to the store I figured I should at least enjoy that small pleasure before I strolled out nervously to the car and quickly climbed in seeking shelter. For the most part the neighborhood was quiet as I reached the end of our street and then zipped across the four-lane boulevard where I found myself parked in the supermarket lot only thirty seconds later.

The Kelley’s Market sign was already on and glowing despite the sun still sitting up above the horizon. I could feel myself in a near panic when I reached for the door handle and pulled, feeling the door latch pop.

Except I couldn’t push it open. Although it was a small market, and one we rarely shopped at except for an occasional last minute item like strawberry shortcake, it seemed that everyone in town was paying it a visit today. I would almost bet that their sales today would be a record as my eyes picked up a slew of people coming and going. I had been there in the lot for nearly five minutes when I sensed a break in the action and took one last, deep breath before pushing open the door and stepping out, immediately making for the front entrance. As I approached the middle of the parking lot of course a sedan slid into the front spot and it’s occupant, a middle aged business manager like I had been only last week, climbed out and approached the entranceway the same time I was to arrive. He smiled, acknowledging my approach and slowed, allowing me to enter ahead of him. I hadn’t done it consciously but was aware now that I had started throwing my hips into my stride, chasing away the truck-driver walk I was probably exhibiting as I had left the car. I grabbed a cart, relieved that I finally had something to hold onto and quickly walked to the end of the store, snatching up the first several containers of fresh strawberries I could get my manicured hands on and dropped them next to my wallet in the child’s seat before having to traverse the entire length of the store to reach the dairy department.

I passed several people shopping and save for the one or two that were too engrossed to notice me, I received the entire spectrum of responses from amused, stunned, confused and friendly. In fact, there were even a few that I might have considered very friendly, from one male shopper in particular. I was both freaked out and at the same time extremely aroused by his attention as I lingered in the meat section, examining a few sausages, allowing him a few more moments to check me out, which he did, with little regard to being discrete.

“Hello.” He said, also taking time to examine a few steaks.

“Hi.” I replied weakly, trying my best to sound the part.

I set the meat back in the display convinced it wasn’t the kind I was looking for and pushed my cart towards him, passing within a few feet. His eyes met mine until I went was behind him. I turned back to my task at hand but not before noticing that he was watching my departure. For those thirty seconds, I had forgotten about the uncomfortable situation, into which I was thrust but had instead been enjoying it immensely, my heart pounding for different reasons. Other physiological effects were firing off inside my body and one in particular was making my walking particularly amusing.

The dairy department came into view as I left the bakery, it’s employees long gone for the day and grabbed the final two items I needed. Finding the immediate area deserted I used the opportunity to check out my appearance in the reflection of the dairy cases. As any transgendered person will tell you when they’re out on the town, if you’re feeling insecure about your appearance, don’t look too closely when there is no where to run. My heart told me I looked pretty good considering the day I was having but my mind was freaking out, knowing that I had several dozen people and three cashiers in between me and the relative safety of my car. Resigned to the fact that arriving home sooner would be better than later, I sucked it up and headed for the exit.

Making sure to always keep moving was a way for transgendered people to stay under most peoples radar. The other killer to passing in public was making sure you weren’t trapped in one spot for too long so you can be carefully observed. The express lane was open but there were still two people ahead of me in my line and my ‘boyfriend’ in the check out next to me. The florescent lights were horribly bright and I felt like I was standing in the spotlight for all to see. Wearing my uniform and not being able to hide between the packed racks of gum and magazines didn’t help.

I would have pretended to be looking through my purse for some inane object to pass the time and avoid people staring but I didn’t have that option and turned to the second oldest trick in the TG book; a magazine. At least in this case, considering my appearance, I could snatch up Cosmopolitan and enjoy a photo shoot with Britney Spears without feeling too out of place. But I did the math in my head and after looking through my new wallet I only found the twenty and didn’t have enough for the magazine. Regretfully I set it back, placed my items on the conveyor and stepped up to pay my bill. If the old woman behind the cashier knew what I really was she didn’t let on. I guess a woman of working age in such a traditional uniform wasn’t that unusual in this day and age according to her or unusual for this part of town where a few wealthy neighborhoods could be found?

The young man bagging my items was a different story. He was indifferent when the previous customer had come and gone but had taken notice of me. He gawked and it was noticeable. It was uncomfortable while I gathered up my change and took up the brown, grocery bag but I smiled and made the best of it. He tried without much success to look directly at me as I stepped by him but he was smiling sheepishly as I passed.

“Thank you.” I said, feeling more confident and feeding off his uneasiness.

“You’re welcome.” He said, probably speaking for the first time today as he turned to the new group of groceries sliding his way.

It didn’t dawn on me until I left the cart and began my short walk to the car that the bagger had been the same one I had encountered on my trip to the other store. He hadn’t noticed me then and I can only assume that he was either awake now or my attire had brought me to his attention. Either way, I was back in the car and back in our driveway before I knew it. I parked and waited for a car to pass the house before stepping out, locking up and heading back into the house. I tried the handle, expecting it to be locked but it was open and I went back into the kitchen, leaving the items there. The sounds of voices continued to flow from the dining room as I approached, seeing that the group was just finishing up.

“Everyone left room for dessert I hope?” I said, beginning to snatch up the various dishes that had been pushed away to the center of the table.

Most claimed to be too full though until Christa spoke up.

“Just bring a few plates of each Stacy”

“Yes ma’am. And I’ll bring coffee with me. Thank you for starting it ma’am.”

Christa nodded an acknowledgement and returned to her conversation while I piled up an armful of dishes destined for the sink. Catching my breath I unpacked the groceries and took the pie out of the refrigerator, dishing out a few small servings. I returned to the dining room and passed them out to the guests before retrieving the carafe of coffee. Terry saw me coming and literally took it from my hands, offering to pour it out for all takers. He was savoring his with one hand while the container was still supported with the other.

I removed the remaining dishes and with no further requests I returned to the kitchen and my chores, the considerable stack of plates, cookware, glasses and utensils.

“Any problems?” Christa spoke as she strolled into the kitchen.

“No ma’am. Everything went fine. Here is the change from the store.” I said, passing her the money and receipt.

“Great. Thank you.”

She didn’t say any more but continued to watch me, a twinkling in her eyes and a crafty smile on her full lips.

“We’ll be out on the deck for a while. Please check up on us if you would please.”

She took a handful of beers and a couple of wine coolers out of the fridge, and twisted the cap off one before taking a long pull on the sweet liquid, her eyes still watching me.

Satisfied, she handed me the cap and took the bottles with her as she walked to the diningroom and asked if they would like to enjoy the cool evening, the summer sun finally approaching the horizon to the west. It was a beautiful evening with the full spectrum of colors present in the sky and I watched from the kitchen while the group settled into place. Terry plopped himself in the corner of deck having taken his coffee cup and the carafe with him. The rest of the group relaxed in the night air, the cool breeze filtering through the trees in the backyard. The three men on the deck sat back and relaxed while the women, as though they were lifelong friends, became animated and boisterous, the alcohol having little to do with their extroverted display. Everyone in their own way was enjoying themselves. Even I was able to listen in and enjoy the small talk from the kitchen window whenever the breeze subsided for a moment and I wasn’t running water in the sink.

I was making my way through the considerable stack of cups, plates and silverware when I caught the name Stacy from the stream of sounds filtering into through the window. It was strange that from the cacophony of sounds competing for my attention that the name David and Stacy stuck out. I couldn’t help but look up when I heard either name, looking to see if anyone was trying to catch my attention. No one had tried to flag me down yet but true to my word I left the dirty dishes behind for a moment and strolled out to the deck to check in on the guests.

“How is everyone doing out her? Does anyone need anything?”

Christa was resting in a deck chair, her knees tucked up under her chin and arms wrapped around her legs. She was still smiling, clearly enjoying having her friends around her. At least I thought that was all she were enjoying but unbeknownst to me there was an inside joke, a new agenda, being negotiated on my behalf even as I was waiting on the needs of satisfying the group.

Terry held the carafe out for me, clearly requiring a refill. Several requested coffee cups to share in the South American treat while the ladies continued to savor the pleasing flavor of more wine coolers. I gathered up the requests using a serving tray and returned to the deck to distribute the various vessels.

“Stacy.” Debbie spoke as the light began to fade on the evening and the soft landscape lights flicked on, providing a golden illumination. I turned to her expectantly. “I’ve been talking with Christa and I have a proposition for you.”