All Comments on 'Quit While You are Ahead'

by moreandmore

Sort by:
  • 82 Comments
PowersworderPowersworderalmost 5 years ago

Nice flash story!

The ending was great... divorcing the deceitful slut was definitely the right move. Joyce must have been about 39 in the epilogue; no replacement guy and still hung up on her ex-husband... looks like she threw away her chance at motherhood!

Bebop3Bebop3almost 5 years ago
Excellent Little Story

Thanks for sharing, especially during a time when so muck dreck is being published.

Tiger27Tiger27almost 5 years ago

The story was great and ended where it should have. Could have been a page or two longer though, expanding on the characters, especially with a little physical retribution on Derrick. Also, a little background on the new wife might help as well.

Great story though, and well written.

GrimmerGrimmeralmost 5 years ago
Great Short Read

Not bad. More than a few great little chuckles.

Thanks!

johntcookseyjohntcookseyalmost 5 years ago
Always a pleasure interacting with the self righteous.

The conversations with, and manipulation of Marilyn were my favorite part. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Great story...

... just too short! We need a long one, something we can sink our teeth into.

Well written, as usual. Thanks for posting.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Great Flash

You have the ability to tell a complete story in one page. Everything in this one happened as it should have. Cheating wife gets caught, gets burned. Hell must be full of MILs. Don't you just love the credit card unusual usage calls?

enderlocke27enderlocke27almost 5 years ago
instersting

that was surprisingly satisfying. i usually need an aftermath of some sorts but this one seemed to placate that in me, well done lol, ty for the read

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
typical narcissistic cheating slut

always hung up on what could have been rather than with what they have

TheKrrakTheKrrakalmost 5 years ago
Sweet karmic justice

Just too bad that he never really got any vengence on her lover, but que sera sera.

5/5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
That was a good one

Twelve years and was this a one time mistake.why no kids. Should have gotten more info before throwing her out.

trandall9991trandall9991almost 5 years ago
excellent story

What else can I say? One of the best short stories here.

tizwickytizwickyalmost 5 years ago
Excellent Flash Story

Very tightly written and funny to boot! Great work and thanks for the laughs!

MightyHornyMightyHornyalmost 5 years ago
Twelves years, man... So much time wasted

I think, in eyesight, the dead giveaway that this marriage was doomed is the decade + John and Joyce spent together without having any kids. There's away reason for a couple to push the time to start raising a family, but it does seems like someone in this relationship wasn't invested enough in it to fully commit herself in having children.

It's a pity he didn't noticed it sooner. But, thankfully, he still managed to move on to better things.

Churchgoers/religion zealots are the biggest hypocrites on Earth. We've all meant a Marilyn of some kinds - "do what I say, not what I do" and all.

Still, it's always puzzling to me how distraught the cheating wife is about her husband walking away from her after her betrayal - honestly, I know the plan is always to not get caught, but why are those unfaithful sluts so unable to imagine what would happen if they are indeed found out? Wouldn't doing so make Joyce dismiss any more involvement she may had with Derrick and reinvest herself fully into her marriage? Given how she reacted to John walking away from her, it's hard to believe otherwise. So, is it a lack of imagination that makes those dumb broads and idiotic wankers risk it all, even though their actions could/will destroy their lives? Sure, they can visualize the strange sex they're about to have, but why can't them conjure out the possible fallout the act may have in their existence? If they could, wouldn't that deter most of them to give him to their sexual impulse, given how much it rarely, if even, worth it? And, of course, Joyce is asking for forgiveness... but what if it was John who was cheating on her with his first love? Would she be as forgiving as she wished he were? Highly doubtful... and understandable.

I'm glad the MC walked away from this mess of marriage relatively whole, at least enough so that he could move on quickly with his life. Sad, though, that he wasted so much of his adult life with someone that never was fully committed to him. But hey, like the title of another Sinatra standard says... that's life. Good read.

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 5 years ago
Funny short.

I liked the interplay with the mother in law more than anything else!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Nice story about what a real man would do, not some girly bitch boy cuck.

prinnaveaprinnaveaalmost 5 years ago
Nice Fast Story

It tells a lot in short order. TY for a quick well written short.

LoejtcLoejtcalmost 5 years ago
I Disagree with MightyHorny

The biggest hypocrites in the world by far are politicians. They have honed the art of lying to a fine art. There only belief system is what will get them elected during the current election cycle. They change their positions with every whim and lie about their lying e.g. "I never said that" when there are videos proving them liars.

Now zealots may behave opposite to their professed position but they generally have no power over the average citizen. They're rarely elected to prominent political positions so their influence is generally limited to their congregation, their associates, rants in newspapers or on Facebook or Literotica. Conversely, politicians decisions can effect thousands even millions of their fellow citizens.

You can ignore zealots you can't ignore the assholes that get elected.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Well done...

...good realistic btb story. Keep yanking Marylin's chain. 5 stars, thanx!

Loklie

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
She did him a favor, getting caught.

She probably would have come home with Derrick's bastard in her belly and suddenly gets all family oriented in time for it to look like its the husbands. What a lying cheating stupid slut. Looks like everyone ended up getting what they deserved.

ThematchthatBurnsThematchthatBurnsalmost 5 years ago
As mr punch says "That's the way to do it!"

Clear concise thinking! Precise well delivered revenge.

Betrayal only deserves 100% retribution, this story covers that well.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Excellent flash story

Totally believable and relatable. Best one I've read out of a hundred or so.

fritz51fritz51almost 5 years ago
Great flash story ...

I'm always impressed by an author that can get to the meat of the story quickly & wrap it up satisfactorily efficiently also. I wish I could do that. I've read commentators on this site especially in "Loving Wives" bitch about perceived story flaws, like getting an attorney so fast or that the hero did all he did in four hours, those people missing the purpose of the story which is to entertain. For my money, this one, fulfilled that mission quite well! 5*

MrVdogMrVdogalmost 5 years ago
five stars

quick read, nicely story-boarded, easy to imagine it really happening, I loved it.

chytownchytownalmost 5 years ago
I Love Complete Flash Stories*****

Very entertaining read. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
it's...

a wonderful read - especially with the digs at the pseudo-Christian mother-in-law - I've met far too many of that type...5*

sdc97230sdc97230almost 5 years ago
If it was me, I'd tell Marilyn I forgive her

It would drive Joyce up the wall to hear about it.

ThematchthatBurnsThematchthatBurnsalmost 5 years ago
Reassure her! No she's not going to hell!

She gets to spend eternity in pergatory! Then at the day of judgement.............she goes to hell!

So glad it all went tits up for the betrayer.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 4 years ago
A good one.

A very enjoyable flash story.

Well written and nothing important left out.

Nor easy to do in a flash.

Top ratings from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good Story

Short but sweet. That last paragraph was just funny.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I can’t believe the statement by cheaters who say they screwed up and made a mistake!

Or I didn’t think you would find out. Or it was only sex.

Well, my question is: why do you think that you should be forgiven! If you truly love someone, then you would never put that love at risk for your own petty feelings! You would discuss with that love, your feelings about the issue. Then both of you would come to a decision on how to proceed. Either stay married or divorce. After you divorce then you can screw around and not before!

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
Good lesson here! 5*****

You can't cover all your bases. If you live as if you lived in a glass house and your neighbor is the town gossip, you have nothing to worry about. Try to cover up your lies and you will get caught! Good story.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago

Reread this one and it's still a great story.

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
Short and sweet leave it up to readers to imagine his punishment as anon 1/20

She cheated caught and punishment gave up 12 years for?

Only thing I don't understand in these stories is why so many wait to have kids sure don't take 12 years to build financial base if it does you definitely need financial counseling

CPA more proud of BS accounting too many have ethics adverse effects

Grimjack01Grimjack01about 4 years ago
Great story

Really enjoyed this story, I know I sound like a broken record, the humor was spot on. More please.

MarkT63MarkT63about 4 years ago
BTB!!!

Great BTB story. My favorite stories!!!

oldwayneoldwayneabout 4 years ago
Burn the bitch forever!

Five Stars!

xtchrxtchrabout 4 years ago
Good Story!

You wrote a good story. I will never understand how a woman can say she really, really loves her husband and doesn't want to lose him.BUT the lies and plans for a couple months to sneak away and spend a weekend with him...paying for the entire time. Then when she is caught, she's back to really loving her husband...I don't think so and I will never, ever understand this.

Thank you for an entertaining and enjoyable story.

tazz317tazz317almost 4 years ago
A HUGE CROWD AWAITS OUR DEMISE

lets think of our own after death residence, friends or foe. TK U MLJ LV NV

jimjam69jimjam69over 3 years ago

You write a great story.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 3 years ago

If she's such a shrewd finance person how did she not know Chase would verify an unusual series of charges?

TajfaTajfaover 3 years ago

When I read stories like this I am often disappointed when it ends because I want more. Conversely some half decent stories drag on way too long. However, this story was great with the cheater getting what she deserved without a lot of fluff. 5 stars

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 3 years ago
"yanking her chain"

I love the guilt play the MC lays on Marilyn.

Basically well written, but still using about twice the number of commas as is necessary. The result is so choppy it detracts from a smooth read.

Keep 'em comin'.

RimmerdalRimmerdalabout 3 years ago

"Do you really think I'm going to hell?" "I hear they have very nice condos overlooking that lake of fire. I'd get my name on the list if I was you."

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

why would she toss Derrick? She doesn't have to marry him but hell she can get all the sex she wants and she can leverage the sex for him to get a job. NO job no sex. Then she would be all set.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Ok. Lots of similar stories on Literotica. The difference with this one, is exposing the hypocrisy of the Deeply Religious, who have one set of standards for themselves, and one for everyone else!

Gave it 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good story, thanks for the read!

Interesting fact about cheaters, they cheat because the feel entitled to cheat and then when caught cheating feel entitled to reconciliation.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Only needs some payback on Derrick to make it to a 5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Same ole story, A WOMAN is nothing but a LIFE SUPPORT SYSTEM for her CUNT. Where i live there are several women in the community that attend church and act all goody goody! And will fuck your legs off if their husband aren't at home. The old story of men being bigger adulterers than women is pure bullshit. Since the count is 3 to 1 more females. Boys thats a lot of free pussy!!!.

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

Great story about two stupid women, mama and daughter.

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

I do love the majority of your stories. They are well written, though I think the misogynists comments as almost as good.

Tegus01Tegus01almost 3 years ago

Thanks, good story. I liked it a lot. I think that the lack of revenge was a good move, as well.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 3 years ago

These stories always ring sadly true. A wife who truly loves her husband takes what she has for granted and convinces herself that she can go away for a weekend with a lover and then come back to the spouse as if nothing happened. I don't know how anyone convinces themselves it will work, but in the long run it very often does not.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

one and done is the correct response, with the one being 1 cheating episode and sayonara.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

To the sweet little anon below "These stories always ring sadly true. A wife who truly loves her husband takes what she has for granted and convinces herself that she can go away for a weekend with a lover and then come back to the spouse as if nothing happened. I don't know how anyone convinces themselves it will work, but in the long run it very often does not."

Funny men are more likely to do it, just thought I'd introduce you to a little fact of life.

goodshoes2goodshoes2over 2 years ago

Gave 5 stars. Could have been 1 star. Was trying to figure out how to rate this story (typical stupid wife/BTB) until my memory kicked in. Then this story hit home HARD. My first wife pulled this same crap on me with her first lover while we were married. I found out, divorced the bitch. Pleading to come back she said it was just to see if anything was still there. OUCH. Took years off from serious relationships. Till I met my present wife. Wow. Cupid hit me hard. We've been married 36 great years now. So 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Iameasel, yeah, but at the rate that women are embracing cheating these days it’s basically a 50/50 crapshoot now, or will be shortly. So you can keep your outdated facts of life right between your boyfriend’s cum deposit and your duodenum. Condescending prick

ErotFanErotFanover 2 years ago

Well there wasn't a great deal of real love shown by either partner. If there was, a reconciliation would have been possible. One point where suspension of disbelief was necessary was the wife's use of their common card. Someone capable of tax preparation with limited partnerships would be smarter that that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

new password 'shesa2facedSLUT'. What a cracker !!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good riddance to cheaters

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Yes, Marilyn, you are going to hell so you can keep your cheating slut daughter company. Too bad Darrell is going to heaven!

Attila_OAttila_Oabout 2 years ago
Where in Hell where Marylin go ?

Marylin will end up in the part of hell filled with Toronto Maple Leaf fans, who are hoping that the Leafs win the Stanley Cup.

That's the day Hell will freeze over.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

mudsharks never learn

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Just missing some payback on Derrick

DrgwngDrgwngover 1 year ago

Iameasel continues to spout this garbage across this website even though so many have told them the info they present is outdated. The truth is the rates of female cheating have more than tripled since mid 90’s and among younger demographics exceed male rates which have remained static. What has changed is men are not getting married as it is too dangerous and roi is simply not there. For erotfan, why is reconciliation possible, she cheated, effed around, and lied. One and done, unless you are one of those who believe it is always the man’s fault, no matter what. What part of she cheated do you not understand, or is the man supposed to overlook that? How many times is acceptable? If one, then certainly, or five or whatever?

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

He was right actually. Her husband was a fall back or he became a fall back. This wouldn't have been a hookup. It was a full blown emotional and physical affair. The skank was undecided and the skank mother was fine to let her daughter work it out.

Just_Words is right when it comes to other kinds of cheating but this one is straight forward. The story was a flash which is okay but a story with so so much emotion requires more in my opinion

deblackbusterdeblackbusterover 1 year ago

"So, even though I didn't do anything wrong, you decided to throw away a twelve year marriage. I, on the other hand, am being unreasonable and am throwing away a twelve year marriage, even though YOU MORE THAN FUCKED UP! Do I have something wrong here?"

That was a certified gold line.

AllNigherAllNigherabout 1 year ago

Backchant2 ... um... if her wad in that particular compromising position he'd deserve the same treatment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Ill probably join her in hell. Great last line

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 1 year ago

LOL, since I get repeated phone calls from Amazon about people ordering cell phones on my account is that my "cheating wife"? LOL. Love the new password, "shesa2facedSLUT" and his lines with the consular about who is throwing away a 12 yr. marriage.

Schwanze1Schwanze111 months ago

A beautiful story with a happy ending.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon9 months ago

Love how he fucks with the ex-MIL at the end.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Good story but overall sad. Joyce sacrificed her 12yr marriage for a weekend with her ex- who has no money, so she's got to pay for meals, the hotel room, & entertainment. Then when the shit hits the fan, he wonders why she's not running back to him.

Mother in law says she was shown he's a good man, but doesn't call/ alert him to her daughter's actions. What's more, she suspects Joyce & Derrick's been in contact for 2 months. Words didn't live up to her actions. However, while I understand & somewhat agree with his stance on getting a divorce, I believe, with some restrictions (tracking her phone & her showing him that phone, all correspondence, & a post nup stating any betrayal or hidden communications will lead to divorce), the marriage might've been saved.

The changed password on his brokerage account was a hoot. Not so much the complete foul up with punctuation. The author is better than that. Despite that, 4 stars on the story telling. Bob

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I wonder if Joyce was planning this event with Derrick as a one-time "night of memories" or was she counting on a long-term secret love affair to restore her former passion and feelings, followed by leaving her husband?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I wonder if Joyce was planning this event with Derrick as a one-time "night of memories" or was she counting on a long-term secret love affair to restore her former passion and feelings, followed by leaving her husband?

I wonder if you realize the story is 100 % FANTASY and NO character contain within has any independent thought or can perform any action, mental or physical, except as so WRITTEN by the author? It ALL comes from a very fertile and very active mind of a very good author.

Apparently, some people are totally incapable of separating fantasy from reality. If not, just give thought the vast multitude of changes that would be constantly unfolding before our eyes. Don't like the failing received in System Dynamics 10 years ago, rewrite your college grades' now you have a more advanced position, who cares you are not qualified, no worries as you board the new Boeing 787, which you had overall responsible responsibility in designing. NEWS FLASH Boeing 787 crashes on take off, Both wings ripped from body. NO SURVIVORS. Is it important to be capable of separating fantasy from reality?

DazzyDDazzyD5 months ago

I gave a 5…At a certain point this was dumb. Credit card receipts…?

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Good story. BardnotBard

oldtwitoldtwitabout 2 months ago

Short sweet story, nice enough plot but not sure about the way you wrote it.

Just_WordsJust_Words25 days ago

I do admire the simple way she is found out. If not caught, it would have continued. 5*****!

AnonymousAnonymous25 days ago

"Let her talk to you first." - He can't talk to her if she won't answer her phone.

1959_Darroch1959_Darroch4 days ago

Executed brilliantly 5*

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermoreandmore@moreandmore
A day without sex is like, um, just kidding. I have no idea. I am judged by what I've done and haunted by what I didn't do. I write stories in an attempt to entertain. If it evokes hate filled or non-constructive comments then I smile while I delete them. I won’t have you...