Rachael & Sultan's Daughters Pt. 02

Story Info
Nine daughters of a sultan are place in Rachael's care.
6.3k words
4.44
3.9k
1

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 09/11/2023
Created 09/03/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Rachael and the Sultan's Daughters Part 2 (chapters 8 to 13)

Chapter 8

The next morning, I have Mahmud make discreet enquiries about the value of the gemstones that Zoe found in the hem of Amina's dress. Fortunately caravan merchants are less scrupulous about the origins and legal ownership of traded items. They are also far less likely to try and cheat a warrior, even one as old as Mahmud. As Zoe and I suspected, the stones are valuable, and several merchants offered what seems to be a reasonable price.

Later that afternoon I remove Amina from her coffle and talk with her in my office. Her earlier rebelliousness has been replaced with a quiet acceptance of her situation. She still occasionally forgets to call me Mistress, or Sai in her own language, but I haven't made an issue of it. I prefer that she becomes settled in her new situation before invoking a disciplinary regime. Amina has responded well to her training sessions so far, although I suspect that the encouragement and help Bayza and Nazli have given her is partially responsible for her current good behaviour. Amina certainly doesn't seem shy or bashful when discussing or practising anything of a sexual nature.

Like me, Amina has grown up living in a harem, although hers was as a pampered sultana, whereas I was a working slave. Harems the world over have a sexual component to the lifestyle. They aren't the sort of environment where it is possible to be entirely ignorant of sex even if you never participate in sexual acts.

"Did you mother give you any special instructions before you left your father's palace?" I ask Amina.

"No. Sai. She wished me good luck and told me to look after my dress."

"Was she normally concerned about your clothing?"

"Oh yes! She would always insist that I was properly attired for any occasion."

"Hmm. I think her parting words had a deeper meaning. These stones were in the hem of your dress. As far as I can determine, they are worth just over three hundred solidi. An older merchant, or a younger tradesman or farmer, would likely accept that as a dowry."

"Does that mean that I wouldn't need to become a slave, Sai?"

"Slavery only needs to be an option if you can't support yourself. If we can find a suitable husband for you who will accept your dowry, then he will be responsible for your well-being. Unfortunately, three hundred solidi aren't likely to be enough for you to start supporting yourself in a worthwhile trade of your own."

"What about my sisters, Sai?" asks Amina.

"The warlord and I will need to work something out. I've agreed to keep you all here for a couple of weeks, but I can't afford to pay for your upkeep after that. It is likely that I will need to sell your older sisters. They are strong enough to be water carriers or the like. Hopefully they won't end up working in the mines. As for the younger ones, then I don't currently have a solution."

"If you kept these stones, Sai, would you be able to look after them for longer?"

"The Halls of Valhalla is a slave training house. It doesn't have facilities for guests of any age, particularly young children. But in answer to your question, then yes, the money raised from the stones would pay for food and clothing for the younger ones for a year or so. But please understand that unless the warlord can find a better solution, I will need to sell you, Hafsat, Makina and Farai within the next few weeks. Even with the stones, I simply don't have the funds to do otherwise."

"Thank you for being honest with me, Sai" says Amina. "It's more than I deserve, and certainly more consideration than my brothers have shown. Will you allow me time to discuss this with my sisters before I give you an answer?"

"I can give you a couple of days to decide. If you wish to find a husband, then the sooner we start looking, the more choice you will have."

I return Amina to her coffle. Although I feel more reassured about her behaviour, I'm not going to relax my guard. I hadn't anticipated her concern for her younger sisters. Her brothers' selfishness made me think that she would have the same attitude.

I consider the implications of Amina's proposal that I keep the younger girls here for longer than the two weeks I promised my father. The harem at Wadi Halaf has the appropriate accommodation, but Lady Gülnihal would never tolerate young slave girls living there. Besides, my father wouldn't agree to take in unproductive slaves. He's been able to keep Dania and Phoebe at Wadi Halaf simply because he uses them to service the sexual needs of visiting caravan merchants. I presume my father doesn't advertise the fact that he's fucking Dania and Phoebe as well. I shouldn't keep unproductive slaves either, but I'm not so callous as to evict young girls and let them fend for themselves. That's a certain death sentence.

My biggest problem is the shortage of sleeping space. The young girls don't need to be confined to the cells, but the only unused room is the tiny sleeping quarters formerly used by Leif's and Sigmund's slave overseer, Knut. I've moved into the room Leif used, and Zoe has the use of Sigmund's room. Hanna uses the room Zoe and I previously shared. Mahmud has his own quarters at the back of the building where he can sleep during the day with relatively little interruption.

"I can move in with Hanna," suggests Zoe when I discuss the issue with her that night. "Or I can move in with you. I sleep in your bed most nights, and I've only a few belongings."

"Hmm. I suppose I can persuade my father to part with some sleeping mats for the girls. I'm perfectly happy for you to move in with me as long as you don't mind losing your own space."

"I'm your slave," teases Zoe. "I must sleep wherever you say I must."

Without realising it at the time, I was planning the alterations to the Halls of Valhalla that would enable the girls to remain here for much longer than I originally planned.

Chapter 9

By the end of the first week, we have a workable routine established. The five youngest girls now sleep in what was Zoe's room. Zoe has officially moved in with me, although in practise that was what she had been doing for the last two years. The move has freed up some of the cells, so I can now look to acquire new slave stock. I need to keep up a steady flow of purchase and sale of slaves to keep the Halls of Valhalla in business.

Although Isa has completed her training, and she is ready for sale, I've decided to delay sending her to the market. The younger girls respond well to her control and Hanna needs extra help in the kitchen. Consequently, Isa now shares the house slave's quarters with Hanna. That means Hanna gets the help she needs, and Isa is nearby should there be a problem with the younger girls overnight.

Damla, Esme and Seda are also ready for sale, and I've made arrangements for a couple of private buyers to view them tomorrow before the following day's public auction. Occasionally I receive a good private offer for a slave which saves me the auctioneer's fee at the public market. Understandably, the three women are getting nervous.

I've no serious complaints about the behaviour of Amina, Hafsat, Makina and Farai. All are receiving training, although only Amina undertakes anything sexual. I know a little more about each of the four girls, none of whom share the same mother. Consequently, they have differences which make them interestingly unique.

Amina is eighteen years old and is the only one of the four who will command a good price in the slave market at the current time. She is still considering the options Zoe's discovery of the semi-precious stones in the hem of her dress presents. She's been on her best behaviour since our discussion, and she's mindful that the other girls still look to her for leadership.

Hafsat is sixteen and probably the most volatile of the four. She is proving difficult to train properly as she has an inflated opinion of herself. I anticipate that she will be the last of the group to accept her enslavement. Hafsat has strong muscles, which means that if she isn't careful, she is likely to end up being a beast of burden in some manually intensive trade.

Makina is fifteen and shows great promise of being an attractive pleasure slave when she is older. She has two full sisters among the five youngest girls, so she is consequently the one who pays closest attention to their activities.

Farai is thirteen and will probably be the prettiest of the four older girls when she is fully matured. She's the most talkative and inquisitive of the group. The arrogant attitude and superiority originally portrayed by the older girls has diminished, and in the case of Farai, it has disappeared entirely.

By now the floors, walls and furniture at Wadi Halaf are looking spotless. The kitchen and storerooms are the next to be tackled. The initial enthusiasm of the younger girls to help has waned, but I insist that seven-year-old Tawnya and six-year-old Lewana participate in the work sessions. Instilling them with a work ethic will help them attract a buyer when it eventually comes time for me to sell them.

Zoe has completed the repairs to the girls former dresses and sold them to a trader who regularly does business with us. The money raised will cover the cost of the extra food nine growing girls consume for the next few weeks. It at least means I'm not making a financial loss by helping my father. The Halls of Valhalla is a small, specialised operation and it doesn't make an abundance of money. The profit is enough for our needs, but it doesn't permit extravagance.

Our peaceful coexistence is interrupted during a break in the afternoon training. Esme has been helping to train Hafsat, Makina and Farai in adopting the correct posture when serving drinks or food to guests. I'm not sure if there has been tension building between Hafsat and Esme, who still share the same cell at night. Now that Hafsat understands more Balochi, the initial language barrier has diminished and the women are able to converse more. I suppose there could be a clash in personalities between the two. Hafsat is from a wealthy privileged background, but it physically plain, whereas Esme is a ravishing beauty from an impoverished farming family. Whatever the initial cause of the fight, the two of them are wrestling each other on the floor.

I quickly break them apart. Fortunately, neither has any visible marks from their brief fight. Esme is due to be presented to prospective buyers tomorrow morning, and visible bruises or scratches on her body would be unwelcome. I promptly take both them to the secure area and lock them in separate cells. I'll discipline them later when tempers have cooled down and they have had a chance to contemplate their behaviour.

"Please may I talk with Hafsat, Sai?" asks Amina. "I can find out what caused the fight."

"You may do that once I've administered her punishment," I reply. "I will not tolerate disobedience to my rules."

An hour later, I gather all the adult and adolescent slaves at the Halls of Valhalla in the large training room before fetching the two miscreants. Zoe has prepared the room as I instructed. She will look after the younger girls somewhere out of the way. I don't enjoy disciplining my slaves, but sometimes it is necessary to remind them of their position. Although increasingly uncommon, some slaves mistakenly believe that because I'm a former slave, that I'm soft on discipline. If anything, the opposite is true.

With Esme being presented to potential buyers tomorrow, I cannot afford to mark her body with a whip, nor can I cane her arse. And whatever happens, both women will be receiving an identical punishment. I haven't determined which of them started the fight, and I don't intend to waste time my time finding out. Both Hafsat and Esme are at fault to my mind and listening to a biased version of events won't absolve either of them for their misdemeanour.

Chapter 10

I position Hafsat and Esme ready for punishment. They lie on their backs on the floor. They are compliant since I warned them to expect an additional punishment if they resist. I tie their ankles to a horizontal wooden bar. The bar is attached at either end by chains to the ceiling which can be adjusted to raise or lower the bar. Once their ankles are secure, I raise the bar so that their legs are vertical, and the soles of their feet exposed.

"This type of punishment is called bastinado," I say for the benefit of all concerned. "It is painful, but it doesn't leave any marks."

I take a quick look at the watching slaves. Their expressions show a mixture of fear and curiosity. I'm pleased that none of them show any signs of trying to intervene. Amina, Beyza and Nazli are no longer shackled, so any of the slaves present could try to stop my actions. That they don't is a positive sign that they recognise that Hafsat and Esme are deserving of the punishment they are about to receive.

I don't delay any longer. Three swift strokes of a light cane on the soles of each girl's feet has them reduced to tears, but they don't struggle more than I expected. I lower the bar and release their ankles from their restraints.

"Amina, you may now attend to Hafsat. Isa, come and help Esme. The rest of you may resume whatever you were doing."

I go to my office and attend to preparations for tomorrow. I receive a visit from Amina about fifteen minutes later.

"What will happen to Hafsat now, Sai?" asks Amina.

"That depends on her. She and Esme broke the Halls rules. They have both been punished as a consequence. The matter is closed. Unless either of them intends to continue their dispute, I have no reason to do anything further."

"Aren't you interested in listening to Hafsat's reason for fighting with Esme, Sai?"

"No. A slave's first duty is to obey the rules she has been given. There is no justification for breaking those rules. I will not tolerate fighting between slaves. It's important that you all understand that. A harsher owner could have sent Hafsat to the slave market or beaten her far more severely than three cane strokes on the soles of her feet."

"Hafsat is having difficultly adapting to being a slave, Sai," says Amina. "Please be tolerant of her faults."

"I am being tolerant, Amina. I have been a slave for most of my life, so I know what a newly enslaved woman needs to learn to survive in her new life. It is better for her if she learns to adapt sooner rather than later. A slave has no rights, and her very life is at the disposal of her owner. Think hard about that before you decide about the use of the gemstones that were sewn into your dress."

"Yes, Sai. Thank you. May I return to Hafsat now?"

"In a moment. First, I want to give you a piece of advice. Your sisters look to you as their leader and they will follow your example. That places you in a dangerous position. Outside these walls, each of you are on your own. A slave is an individual. She has no family or friends she may call on to support her. Another slave who tries to come between an owner and slave risks being punished for interfering. You must encourage your sisters to become independent and, above all else, you must stop acting as their guardian. The sooner you all learn that the safer you will be. Now go relay my advice to Hafsat and then resume your duties."

"Yes, Sai. Thank you."

I resume my office work until it is time for the evening meal. We all assemble in the dining area for the meal that Hanna and Isa have prepared. Esme and Hafsat have joined us, although both are still only able to move about on their hands and knees. From my own past experience, I know it will be several more hours before they can hobble about. They should be able to walk about normally by morning although a lingering twinge of pain may persist for a few days. I notice that neither Esme or Hafsat sit near me or each other. Whatever sparked the fight hasn't been resolved, but I'm not getting involved in their dispute.

The presence of the younger children ensures that the meal isn't eaten in total silence. Those who witnessed Hafsat's and Esme's punishment are probably worried that the same could happen to them if they step out of line. While I never enjoy delivering a caning, the occasional punishment serves as a useful reminder to my slaves of the need for obedience to my rules. Fortunately, Zoe and Hanna are keeping up a conversation with the younger children which eventually draws in a few of the others.

Later that evening I conduct my usual talk with each of the slaves individually. Most are nervous at being alone in my presence, but each seems more relaxed by the time the interview is over. I leave a discussion with Esme and Hafsat to last, and I meet with them together.

"I'm not interested in what you two have against each other," I begin before either of them starts pleading innocence. "Tonight, you will share the same cell as you have done for the last week. If either of you causes a disturbance overnight, or injures the other in any way, then tomorrow you will receive a punishment that will make today's caning seem like the touch of a summer breeze. Am I making myself clear?"

"Yes, Sai," replies Hafsat.

"Yes, Mistress," replies Esme.

With Esme due to be presented to potential buyers tomorrow, I could have played safe and locked Hafsat and Esme in different cells overnight. But I need them to understand the importance of obeying rules, and this will be a good test. We discuss their individual progress before I dismiss them to join the others. Hafsat still prefers to crawl, but I notice Esme is at least trying to walk.

Chapter 11

The next morning I put on the tunic I always wear when meeting with prospective purchasers for one or more of my slaves. I've invited three existing clients who have previously shown an interest in acquiring young female slaves from distant lands. Yasir and Jona are agents, and each has several wealthy men as patrons who prefer to assign the sordid task of selecting nubile flesh for their harems to an intermediary. Since each patron has a different taste in women, I don't envy Yasir's and Jona's task.

Tabib is the owner of an up-market pleasure enterprise which offers a variety of entertainment for those wealthy enough to pay. Many of his slaves get on-sold to the private harems of his clients, so he is always on the lookout for new slaves. Tabib has been a regular client of the Halls of Valhalla since the days when Leif and Sigmund owned the Halls. In those days, Leif would allow Tabib the opportunity to fuck me as a bonus whenever Tabib purchased a slave from their stock. Tabib hasn't pushed for the same bonus since I became a free-woman, and the new owner of the Halls, although if the truth be told, he would find me willing enough. Unfortunately, the social mores of our society forbid a freewoman from asking a man for sex. It's one of the aspects of my former life as a slave that I really miss.

Hafsat and Esme have been well behaved overnight, although neither seems to be talking to the other. Once the three men are settled in the viewing room, and Isa has provided them with refreshments, I parade Damla, Esme, and Seda before them. Each has been groomed and perfumed to my exacting standards. I'm pleased with their efforts to appeal to the men. They are understandably nervous, but I'm confident that each of them is emotionally ready to start the next phase of her life.

Once the presentation is over, I have the three slaves stand at the back of the room to await further developments. On average I can sell one slave in four through a private viewing and subsequent negotiation over price. It's a process that demands great skill on everyone's part. Agreeing a fair price is difficult since a public auction can sometimes deliver a surprise outcome. Only last month I took the risk of declining a good offer from Yasir at a private viewing and surprisingly achieved a much higher price for the slave at public auction. Not that I'm always successful in gauging the best price for a slave, but I have been pleased far more often than disappointed with my efforts at picking, training, and selling slaves.

12