Radiance Ch. 66

Story Info
The Enclave step things up while Vess makes her move.
6.2k words
4.63
2.2k
3
0

Part 89 of the 122 part series

Updated 04/04/2024
Created 04/17/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 66: Freedom isn't Free.

"They are ready for you Dr Chalmers," the smartly dressed Lieutenant said as she stepped out into the corridor where she waited for them upon a large soft leather couch, it had been a very long time since she had been to the command bunker, she didn't know whether the rumours of them having a moon base was true as not even her clearance was high enough for stuff for like that.

She straightened up and stretched herself out before smoothing out and creasing from her immaculate lab coat and blouse.

Nodding to the young-looking Luitenant she strode passed her and into the meeting chamber that had a collection of some of the most powerful people within the Enclave sitting around a large circular wooden table that had been nicknamed Camelot but the more arrogant among them.

As she entered all of the people at the table looked up not that she could truly see them as like the vast majority of the Enclave they really liked their secrets and their privacy so even in a face-to-face meeting like this steps were taken to hide their faces and identities using clever use of shadow pools.

"Greetings Dr Chalmers, good of you to join us," one of the people said in a deep voice that she instantly recognised as the Chairman.

The Chairman was a very important person within the organization and one of the most powerful men in the Enclave, he was a man that if he was speaking you fucking well listened or you might not get another chance you might very well just vanish into thin air like you never existed at all.

"Thank you, Chairman, and to all of you for having me," she said respectfully, she might think that most of the people in this room were idiots but she knew the power they held and she herself was not an idiot and she knew how to deal with these kinds of people, the trick was always the ego.

"I'm sure you are aware that we have heard the most disturbing report, of us losing an important foothold just outside of DC, we were building up that site for a full-blown FOB and tactical staging area, but from what we have read from a transcript of radio broadcasts received and from one of our scout teams it appears that we have lost two hundred of our soldiers some of them were even pure-blooded Enclave and the rest were conscripts, but from what we have read it would appear that the perpetrator was someone you would appear to know," he said sliding a folder along the table towards her which she stopped with a single hand and opened it to see some grainy pictures taken from a very long distance using a telephoto lens from what appeared to be a Vertibird as well as some satellite pictures and she recognised the face instantly.

"Number Seven," she said quietly and even through the shadows she could see the nodding of heads.

"Exactly, Number Seven and what's more we have also received other reports that he very well might be responsible for us losing a very valuable tactical asset as well as a very important weapons cache, unfortunately, there were no survivors and given the site was completely destroyed we are kind of lacking in the evidence department, but what our agents did manage to steal out from under the Brotherhood seemingly points a finger squarely at Number Seven and his band of undesirables and animals," the Chairman said.

Dr Chalmers looked at them and nodded, "I am not surprised honoured Chairman and to be fair I did warn the Generals that this may very well happen, this is specifically why I requested authorisation to deploy not just hunter squads but to allow the full use of my project and if this doesn't prove the full viability of it I really don't know what will, Number Seven is one of the test subjects that had the highest potential ability just as I reported and if this does not prove it I don't know what will, he littraly has beaten everything we have thrown at him at every turn, we need him back if I am going to be able to turn him back to the proper side of things, I also think we should consider taking his pet deathclaws in as well, other than the control helmets we had limited with the so called sentient genus and no success with the Gatorclaws non-sentient or sentient alike, by the comparison of his group he seems to have found a way to tame them so that knowlage would be invaluable to a whole host of programs our bioweapons are running, I believe now that maybe you realise the importance of the recovery of Number Seven asap" she said somewhat smugly.

The Chairman gestured for one of his attendants to come forwards and he joined him in the pool of shadows and the two conversed quietly before the attendant left and no one said a single word until they had returned with what appeared to be a file and set of holotapes which the Chairman somehow seemed to be reviewing in the shadows.

"Well Dr Chalmers it does indeed seem that you did bring your reservations to those in authority over about the efforts being made to recapture Subject Seven and I am wondering why only now I am being made aware of this especially since all the damage that he has inflicted to our glorious organization, from this moment onwards I am granting you full autonomy to use whatever assets you deem necessary to recover Subject Seven and I am issuing capture or kill orders on his entire team, but hear me and hear me well Dr Chalmers, the responsibility of this now rests squarely on your shoulders, any success will be credited to you and rightfully so but likewise so will any failure and you will answer directly to me and only to me, if I find you lacking in performance you had better be ready to explain it," the Chairman said.

"Thank you, honoured Chairman, I will not let you down," Dr Chalmers said as she felt her chest swell with pride, finally she was going to be the one in charge of things as well as she deserved to be.

"See that you don't you may go now," the Chairman said and Dr Chalmers bowed and left pulling out her portable radio as she did.

"This is Chalmers the Chairman has given me control the orders should be coming through momentarily I am hereby authorising the Shadow Project, put in the call and get Numbers eight and nine ready as well as the hunter teams, I also want the shadows ready to go on a moments notice," she said and the voice on the other end confirmed her order and clicked off, now they were going to see some results, now the right person was in charge which is as it should be.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

"This house is beautiful," Malakai said scuttling around the huge lobby of the old mansion looking around at the large wooden carved columns that supported the massive double sweeping staircase that led upstairs.

"This is the old Mason place, been empty since old man Mason and his wife died, they had kids but the pair of them left never to be heard from again, but the guy was one of the founding members of this town so we've kept this place in upkeep but I don't believe he'd mind letting you guys using it as not only did you protect this place but it's people too and there was little this man cared for more than the people of this town," Mrs Garret said gesturing to the large mansion home that had been sat on the hill opposite the large house the officer called Celine had been using which was now currently on fire as the people of the town wanted to completely erase all evidence of its existence now it had been soiled and defiled by what had taken place within the walls, but somehow they had managed to keep this place hidden and secret from them thanks to the forestry surrounding it.

Suddenly Vess came clomping down the stairs her claws clicking on the polished wood and marble, "I have claimed my bedroom, it is most certainly worthy of an Alpha Matriarch such as myself and of my attendant" she announced happily.

Seven sighed as he realised he was going to have to have that chat with Vess now, he was not looking forwards to this but it had to be done, "Vess mind if I have a quiet word in private?" he said and the big proud claw turned to look at him curiously.

"Of course Seven we may use my new room," she said gesturing to the stairs that she had just walked down and he followed her back up them trying not to be tripped up by her massive swinging tail as she walked.

They entered a large room that had not only its own bathroom but a massive fourposter bed which were the two reasons she'd obviously claimed it given that she wanted one of the executive Claw washes like he'd given to Visa when they'd first met and had now kinda become a bot of a routine every time they got the chance and in all honesty was actually one of his favourite activities because it gave him a perfect excuse to gaze at Visa's exquisite body while touching her all over which pretty much always led to one result.

"So what is it you wished to talk about Seven?' Vess asked with a warm smile on her face.

"It's about Chris," he said softly and she cocked her large head curiously.

"What about him?' she asked and Seven sighed internally inside he was cringing.

"I didn't like the way you press-ganged him into your service Vess, I kinda understand why you did it but at the same time, this is not what this group is about, this group fights against slavery and what you did is exactly that, the only reason I didn't call it out then and there was I was actually kinda worried about embarrassing you in front of everyone to the point where you might have actually killed him, telling someone the only choices they have is to either serve you or die is not a choice, that is something a slaver does and I'll be blunt with you I told Chris that if he chose it I would officially nullify his agreement with you because of the way it was enforced, I know you are not human Vess and that Claws do things differently but at the same time you have been a slave yourself, do you truly wish to do that to another sentient being?" he said.

Vess blinked a few times and he half expected her to explode in a fit of anger but instead she seemed to actually deflate and to his sheer surprise actually look rather ashamed of her self, "Yeah I figured that this was coming, at first I really didn't think anything about it as it is as you mentioned a Claw privlage given to a an Alpha Matriarch or indeed Patriarch to take a Claw of the opposite sex from an offending pack as an attendant, if say a pack invades the territory of another and loses if say the Matriarch sees a male that she likes the look of it becomes her right to take his life as her own, she will make him pledge his loyalty to her and serve her as her attendant, when we found Chris I was kind of acting on this instinct as my blood was up and we were fresh from the blood rush of battle and I wasn't thinking clearly, I saw Chris and to my surprise I thought he was an incredibly beautiful male which shocked me to begin with because of him being human, but after having been exposed to you and seeing the way my niece dotes on you and love between you both is obvious for all to see as it is between my nephew and Gregory, so I figured that not only must there really be something to this human love but it is something that I should seek for myself, now even my son has fallen victim to it with Shepherd, so is it so wrong that I try to take it for myself?" she said sounding forlorn.

Seven found himself amazed by this frank vulnerability that Vess displayed in her words and her body language, he never imagined seeing the big female Claw in this light, "No of course not but love cannot be anything other than free Vess, if you truly are falling in love with him which I do applaud by the way then he must be free, you cannot force someone to love you and we do NOT take slave we free them not take them, so offer him the choice Vess and see what he says and does, you have your answer if he chooses to be your attendant then it was his free choice made of his own free will which is fine by me, but if he chooses to leave your service and simply live his own life then you must respect this, do you understand?" he said and she nodded.

"What if he leaves me Seven?" she asked sounding actually very sad and nervous and he stepped forwards and placed a soothing hand on her long arm.

"Then you must accept it as painful as it may be, it what's right Vess and I know that you know this in your heart, but if he chooses to stay then I do believe he'll be telling you something don't you?" he said and she looked at him hopefully.

"Do you think he'll stay with me?" she asked hopefully and Seven smiled softly.

"You are a fine and beautiful Claw Vess, a proud Alpha Matriarch Claw and any human with an eye for scaly beauty is going give his back teeth just for the chance to get close to you, but if he does choose to stay you treat him right you or you will answer to me got that? he said grinning at her but making his voice carry the weight of his words and she looked at him with amazement in her bright eyes.

"I can definitely see what my niece sees in you Seven you are not just beautiful on the outside you are very beautiful on the inside, a strong and powerful male with a heart of gold and a soul of fire, you truly do care about your people don't you?" she said and he smiled broadly and a little shyly.

"Yes I do and in reference to your beloved niece she completes me, I never would have imagined being able to fall in love outside of my own species but from the moment I set eyes on Visa I just knew that she was different, I simply could not help myself from looking at her in a way that should have been reserved for my own kind, but I do not regret a single second because I know that she holds my heart and always will, every single part of her makes me happy and I do my very best to do the same for her," he said and Vess beamed warmly.

"And this is what I wish to seek for myself now, I too would have never believed it possible for me, I loved my mate he was my world and when I lost him I was heartbroken, I was fully ready to walk this world alone if freedom was ever mine to hold again, but then I saw you and my niece and it shook me to my core, after experiencing all the horrors that I did at the hands of your kind I never believed that I could feel anything other than hate for your kind but seeing you guys together and then hearing you both in a private moment set my heart ablaze and sent my mind whirling about whether I could have something like that for myself, then I saw Chris and yes I do regret now how I pulled him into my service, but I could not believe how beautiful he is, I wanted to hate him because he was Enclave, the very people who did those horrific things to me and to my most beloved ones but now that I see the truth of why he was with them I hate myself, because not only was he not responsible for any of what happened to me and mine but he was as much a victim as me, you are right of course he does deserve the chance to make his own choices and to have his freedom returned to him but I must confess I am scared that he will leave" she said sounding forlorn but also hopeful.

"It is his choice to make Vess and who knows he may just very well surprise you but it pleases me to see that you understand the right way to go about this," he said and Vess nodded.

"Thank you Seven not only for standing up to me but also for correcting me before I made a very stupid mistake yet again," she said and he patted her arm.

"Any time big girl, it's what I'm here for, now go see Chris and give him the news, I'll make sure no one interrupts you but just promise me this if he does make a choice that makes you a happy treat him gently yeah? He's not a claw and he's a lot more fragile than you are, if you want beauty you must offer beauty" he said and she beamed.

"I will treat him like he is a cub I swear it," she said and he nodded and with that, he gave her a wave and headed out.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Vess stalked down the stairs after Seven and she found Chris in the lobby with everyone else, she walked up to him and to her pure delight he turned and smiled up at her lighting up his truly beautiful face, she could not help but delight in the exquisite, delicate lines of his face not to mention the sparkling jewels that lived in his head that he called eyes.

"Chris please come with me I wish to speak to you in private," she said trying not to sound commanding, it was difficult for her as an Alpha Matriarch Claw she was so used to being in charge of things asking for things were usually given as commands and not requests but Seven was absolutely right, she needed to offer him his freedom, if he chose to stay by her side then that would be his choice and would prove to her he was who she truly hoped he was and it would also ogive proof to these truly confusing but still beautiful feelings that were bursting out of the depths of her mind and heart.

"Of course," he said and as he rose to his feet and she saw him wincing which made her heart ache so she quickly leaned down and hooked her large hands under his arms and lifted him onto his feet though she could not help the rush of heat that flashed through her upon feeling the delightful softness of his body under her fingers.

But rather than let him limp his way up the stairs she decided just to carry him plus given the fear that was flooding her heart that he would as a result of the conversation they were about to have left her she wanted to be able to feel him in her arms one last time earned or not, so in what humans call a bridal carry she carried him off towards her room which she had deliberately picked due to the size of the bed which she had planned on allowing him to share with her with the very deliberate hope that she may be able to lure him into her arms and maybe more as attendant or not she had had no intention of ever forcing him into that particular position because as much as that dominant fantasy that had set her loins aflame before she knew that forcing him was not right in any way.

She carried him into the room and sat him down on the bed and when he saw where they were Chris had started to look increasingly nervous which made her heart ache pretty hard, was he truly worried that she would take him against his will or force him to do something that he did not wish to do?

As she released him she stepped back and then decided that standing before him was not enough, she needed to be on the same level so that they could speak as equals here, so much to his obvious surprise she squatted down compressing her very powerful long legs in the Claw equivalent of kneeling before him.

"W-Whats going on?" he asked nervously and she so very much wished to reach out and take his hands in hers and to show him he hand nothing to be frightened of with her, so after taking a deep breath she did just that and to her delight, he didn't pull away instead just letting her hold his delightfully warm soft hands in her much larger ones.

"Look Chris what I did was not right, I did smoothing that was natural to me in the heat of the moment and now in the clarity of day I see that and some stiff words from Seven has made me realise that I have not treated you fairly, you see if a Claw pack invades the territory of another and they are defeated a Claw Matriarch or Patriarch could choose to leave one of the invading claws that they like the look of alive and make them swear fealty to them so they will serve them, it tends to be done if the matriarch or patriarch is single rather than if they still have their partner though it can be done if they are still alive though its very rare, but I digress, in the heat of battle when I saw you were still alive I was ready to kill you that was until I saw how incredibly beautiful you are a fact that I am not ashamed to admit to you because an honourable Claw like myself should uphold these values, but in truth I wanted you for myself, I took you against your will and it was wrong of me because I forced you into my service with a threat of death, I put you in an impossible position either serve me or die, at the time I thought I was doing an honourable thing because I thought I was giving an enemy a chance to not only live but to see what they was doing was wrong but in reality I was the one in the wrong, serve r death is not a choice, its slavery and I am not a slaver, I was a slave and I know how degrading and horrible it is, so here it is Chris, I release you from my service as it is and i offer you a choice that I should have done in the begining, either stay at my side and serve as my attendant or leave me and be free as you deserve to be" she said trying despretly to keep the tremors out of her voice as she spoke.

12