All Comments on 'Rag Doll Ch. 07 - Ricky's Family 02'

by beachbum1958

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
dikupinyadikupinyaabout 4 years ago
hard to read

with tears in my eyes. great work. please continue.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Wow

So, I resisted the urge to just skip to the last page and post another "yay!" Comment before reading it this time. Beachbum you did another completely spectacular job with this story. Sometimes when you know something bad is coming in a story it takes a bit of the sting out of it. Your ability to make the reader feel the pain the characters were in made it impossible to not spend most of the last 3 pages reading through tears. I can't wait to read anything else you write. Thank you so much for this series.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Does your every sentence have to be as long as a paragraph; once in a while is fine, but there is a line between the flow of syntax and plain overindulgence; I mean, do these people ever stop to take a breath and do you believe that your audience does not breathe; at some point, you have to cut your one-hundred-word sentence into thirds, if not for the benefit of the reader, then just for the simple understanding of the story, a semi-colon can only do so much in place of a coordinating conjunction, and let us not forget the pretentiousness of it all, but here I will stop, before my sentence grows too long.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Wow is right.

Had to dry my eyes. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Great!

Once again great work beachbum. It was great that Ricky and Yaz got there own chapter to shine in. The saga started with Nicky and Ashley, Then the chapters of Bobby and Shari, ( wow does she have anger issues!) Then to see Ricky and Yaz story does indeed fill in the gaps. Question, is racisms really that bad in London, or was this just to show how isolated Yaz and Shari were? Also with the Davis clan, lot of children and grandchildren, could that evil gene resurface again in another generation? Food for thought for another story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
@RoverNix99

Your comment is the absolute soul of pretentiousness, your assumption that your snide hectoring is somehow gospel and no other opinion or explanation is possible reeks of entitlement and 'look at how smart I am'. If you don't like, don't read, or write something better, and if you need 5 word sentences in order to comprehend a story, then read 'See Spot Run' or similar, perhaps your inadequate comprehension and limited attention span will find itself more comfortable there. I hope B1958 deletes your comment, but I know he won't, because, unlike you, he's tolerant of others' foibles, and he doesn't have his head stuck up his own ass.

The other comment asking about racism in London is a valid question. It's never stopped being a problem there, since the days of the 'Windrush' generation, the first immigrants from Jamaica, and now the asian communities; racially aggravated hate crimes against the asian communities is at an all-time high , especially in London, in places like Tower Hamlets, in East London, Hackney, and Dalston, where the racial mix is a lot more diverse, and the white, working-class communities feel themselves under threat.

The British National Party and right-wing Aryan purity groups preaching anti-semitism, racial segregation, the banning of miscegenation, and whipping-up anti-Asian feeling in these areas have never felt stronger, been more popular, nor been more tolerated by an increasingly Right-wing government which pays lip-service to racial integration policy yet allows hard-right white-only groups to flourish unchecked.

The same is true in places like Bradford, Manchester, Leeds, northern towns with high unemployment and sizeable black, asian, and Jewish communities; 'all asians are muslims, all muslims are terrorists, so it's OK to victimise them' is the general tenet, and virtually nothing is being done to mitigate this state of affairs..

tranzmanytranzmanyabout 4 years ago
Great addition!!

Thanks BB for the last two chapters. Oh how I love it when you grow your world. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
WOW

So enjoyed that, I found myself riveted to the very end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
What can I say

This story (all the Rag Doll chapters) is well written and has a far deep meaning about life and peoples perception of what is right and clearly wrong.

Taking the complete story s into play, its actually very disturbing, it shines a light on what family is really about (closeness, love, respect, honesty, togetherness), I will admit I fast tracked over the sex parts, as they became irrelevant to the whole story in the end, in my opinion this story was about family dynamics and how good overcomes even the darkest parts of those few individuals that are so twisted in there own minds eye, they don't understand right from wrong at all.

Well done Beachbum1958, I think to be honest this would make a great main stream movie

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Masterpiece absolute masterpiece , enjoyed the whole process thoroughly ,completely satisfied!!

I have admit ,this particular story ,I didn't read it for erotic part ,but just just purely for perfectly laid out storyline...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
THIS WHOLE SERIES DESERVES AN 11 OUT OF 10

this story is SO FUCKING GOOD MAN....words can't describe how immersive this story is. it made me feel emotions inside that I usually keep locked up. the whole "rag doll" series is the best stuff I've ever read on this website.

e5jerseye5jerseyover 2 years ago

The whole series is incredible. I couldn’t stop reading and by the end had tears streaming down my face. I truly felt that I knew these characters and cared about all of them deeply. I can’t say enough good things about it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I cried. I'm not ashamed to say that I cried. I don't know if there is punishment, vile enough for people like Brian Davis. There is not pain, strong enough to hurt him like he hurt Nicky, Ashley, Julia, Ayesha, Barbara, Shari, Yaz, Bobby and Ricky. I'm going to sound like a fricking broken music box but if you remove the sex scenes, this is incredible story telling. You know your way around words. You make people filled with emotions - sadness, anger, hate, love. Kudos for that.

OU8ME2ICOU8ME2ICover 2 years ago

OMG! This was a very emotional, thought provoking and wonderful series. I also write this with tears in my eyes.

It amazes me that there are certain individuals that have the ability to create fictional stories that can make the reader an observer within the story, which in turn creates the ability evoke real human emotions. I’m happy to say that Beachbum1958 happens to be one of those creative individuals! Thank you,

a new follower 🙂

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userbeachbum1958@beachbum1958
A small town mid-way between Cannes and St. Tropez, on what used to be called the French Riviera. I have the Mediterranean to look at from the front of our house, a lagoon filled with flamingos at the rear, and our own stretch of beach where we keep our peace and the tourists...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES