Rag-tag Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I feel a mess."

"Are you going to the stream?" Ofelia asked her.

"Mm-hmm. I need a bath bad."

"You smell," Wayan said, wrinkling his nose, the other kids nodding in agreement.

"Is that blood?" Ariama asked her, pointing to the various splotches and streaks on her clothes.

"Yeah, but it's not mine."

"Whose blood is it?" Syl asked, eyes still wide.

"Cave goblins. We fought a bunch of them."

The kids murmured in amazement.

"So that's why you smell," Wayan commented.

"Come now," Ofelia spoke up, ushering the children forward. "Let's let her go clean up."

The children clomped forward, all waving to Tab, Nelly babbling at her when he passed. Tab stooped to give him a kiss on the forehead, his response to that another babble of infant delight.

"I don't get one?" Cam asked, pouting in playful petulance.

She grinned, and grabbed him by the temples, landing a smooch on his forehead.

"Happy?"

"Yes. Now go take a bath. You really smell."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah."

She continued on down the path. The chatter from the group died down soon, leaving her surrounded by birdsong.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Tab backstroked lazily. The refreshingly warm water soaked into her sore flesh, soothing her aches and pains. As she swam along, she gazed up at the sky, the placid blue broken up here and there by fluffy clouds and the occasional bird soaring through the idyllic picture.

After several years spent washing up in dingy tubs, her sword nearby just in case, it was always wonderful to relax and enjoy a well-earned respite, doubly so to do so outside without fear of attackers or perverts. The chatter on the bank tickled her ears, but she was unconcerned with it.

A breeze brushed over her front, offering a contrast to the warmth on her back. The practical bun she usually kept her hair in was undone, the dark brown tresses floating around her head, washed of the clinging grime like the rest of her, and treated with Elezmir's special conditioning oil.

After a few more minutes of indulging, she swam back to the bank.

The trio looked up as she clambered out of the stream. Her towel and clothes were next to them, giving them a good look at her nakedness.

"Tab," Violet asked innocently, "when am I going to get muscles like yours?"

"When you're older," she told the young girl, grabbing her towel.

"Forget muscles," Athelas chirped. "When am I going to get boobs like yours?"

Tab laughed, wrapping the towel around herself.

"When you're older."

"That's your answer for everything," Rowena piped up. "We'll get married when we're older, we'll learn to swordfight when we're older, we'll go to Rangerroost when we're older..."

Tab laughed again, plopping down next to the trio, stretching out languidly.

"The three of you together aren't as old as me. You have plenty of youth left."

"You're older," Rowena mused, "and you've learned to swordfight, and gone to Rangerroost, but you haven't gotten married yet."

"Maybe I don't want to get married."

"Not even to Jacoby?" Athelas asked in amazement. "But you love him!"

"I do," she admitted readily, smiling slightly at the three shocked faces. "But just because I love him doesn't mean I have to marry him."

"But then you can have a fancy party and have babies!" Violet told her. "Don't you want that?"

She shrugged.

"Maybe if I had a different life. But I like what I have."

"So, you don't want babies?" Violet asked incredulously.

"There are plenty of babies here," she shot back, reaching over to tousle her hair.

"But you could have your own babies," the young girl persisted. "You could grow them in your belly."

"Well," Athelas chimed in, "Jacoby has to put them in her first."

"He does? Why?"

"She can't have a baby just by herself," Athelas explained patiently. "Jacoby has to cuddle her, and sing to her, and after they sleep together, she can have a baby!"

"But they sleep together every night..."

"They have to say they want a baby before they go to sleep. And then they have a baby."

"Oh."

Tab laughed, shaking her head in bemusement.

"That's not exactly how it works."

"Well, then, how does it work?" Violet asked her.

"You'll learn about it someday."

"When?"

Athelas spoke up before her.

"When we're older," she said, rolling her eyes.

Tab laughed again.

"Exactly."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Tab closed the door gently behind her and padded to the next room. A peek inside showed Ofelia reading to the children, their faces bright with interest.

Winda was further down the hall, bouncing Nelly in her arms, singing to him.

"The little grub doesn't want to sleep," she explained when she saw Tab. "But I'll get him yet."

Tab smiled, peering at the dwarf babe, his eyelids drooping, his mouth open in a small yawn.

"Your tea is ready, by the way," Winda told her. "In the kitchen."

Tab nodded her thanks and headed back down the hall. The house was quiet on her way to the kitchen, save for Ofelia talking to the children.

Cam and Naga sat at the kitchen table, playing cards. Two cups sat on the counter nearby, steam wafting from their contents. A small jar of honey waited next to them. She plucked up the first cup, and eyed the second, seeing the same amber-brown liquid in both.

"The other one is for Ofelia," Cam explained, his voice steady despite a blush rising on his cheeks.

Naga smirked.

"Wait, really?" Tab asked, scooping a spoonful of honey into her tea.

Cam nodded, staring straight at his cards, his blush growing hotter.

"Huh. Well, at least you two are being safe."

Cam nodded again, pointedly avoiding her gaze.

Footsteps sounded on the stairs. Ofelia padded into the kitchen and found her cup of tea. Her first sip resulted in a curled lip of disgust.

"The honey is there for a reason," Tab told her sagely.

Ofelia nodded gratefully, scooping some honey into her cup.

"Another word of advice," she continued. "Never let the kids catch you. They'd never stop talking about it."

Ofelia nodded again, her own blush rising. Cam did not deign to acknowledge the comment.

"You know it's your turn, right?" Naga told him, now sporting a massive grin.

"I know, I know," he grumbled, rifling through his cards and tossing two onto the table.

Tab finished her tea quickly and padded back upstairs. The bedrooms were quiet, and Nelly was fast asleep, so she continued to the third floor, slipping into the bedroom at the end of the hall.

In the flickering light of the candles, she undressed, letting her clothes hit the floor bit by bit until she was naked. Moments like these had been exceedingly rare when she had been out on the road by herself, before she had found Muddymuck and the orphanage, but now she could relax in comfortable privacy. So, she laid out on the bed, luxuriating in the simplicity of nakedness and the softness of the blankets and pillows underneath her. A hand crept over her belly, dawdling close to her sex, but it did not do more. She was content to wait.

The floorboards outside the room creaked slightly. The door eased open, and Jacoby slipped inside.

"I thought you might be asleep," he told her, immediately taking in her nakedness.

"Oh, I'm definitely ready to pass out. But first, come here."

He padded over, and she came up onto her knees to meet him. His hands settled on her hips.

"What's that?" he asked, noticing the bandage on her shoulder.

"Goblin bite," she told him, starting to unlace his trousers.

"Does it hurt?"

"No, Granny fixed me up."

He nodded.

"I didn't want to tell the kids, but we were in a tight spot. Lily saved our asses."

"Well, I'm glad she saved yours," he drawled, a hand sneaking around to squeeze at her backside.

She smiled, sliding his trousers down, letting him step back to kick them from around his feet.

"But you know you don't have to take on any dangerous missions on our behalf."

"We didn't expect the cave goblins," she assured him, taking his tunic off, leaning forward to land a kiss on his chest.

"And I'm sure they didn't expect you."

He joined her on the bed, their mouths meeting in a tender kiss. One hand landed on her breast, the thumb rubbing over her nipple, the other returning to her ass. One of her hands darted down to his cock, wrapping around the base. He groaned, his hips easing forward against that touch.

His mouth slid along her neck. She eased herself down onto her back, taking him along with her. His hands continued to roam on her body. She stroked his cock, the warm shaft stiffening.

"I really missed you last night," he murmured, kissing at her shoulder.

"I missed you too," she told him, spreading her legs to let him settle between them.

"Couldn't stop wondering how you were doing. If you were alright."

She smiled, glancing down at him, his mouth tracking idly along her collarbone.

"You know I can take care of myself. And I have the others to watch my back."

"I know. But I worry about you when you're out and about. Especially when it's overnight."

"Well, I do appreciate the worry. For a long time, I had no one to worry about me."

He nodded, his mouth reaching her breasts.

"And now," she continued, "you can show me just how much you missed me..."

His lips captured a nipple, sucking softly, drawing a moan from her.

She guided his cock into place. The head met her slit, rubbing over the folds, gathering her juices. His mouth continued along her breasts, peppering them with affectionate kisses. She twined her fingers into his hair, pressing him closer, seeking more of those kisses. One of his hands took up a fistful of the blankets.

His cock eased into her, moving slowly to let them both appreciate the way their bodies came together. She moaned again, her channel opening eagerly for him, a warm and wet welcome. The advance sent inch after inch of him inside her. Another moan followed, her sultry exhalation the only sound in the quiet room.

Neither of them moved for a few long moments. His throbbing cock was buried to the base inside her, smothered by the snug sheath of her sex. She wrapped her muscular legs around his waist to trap him in place. More juices flowed from her, dappling his cock. His free hand moved to her other breast, sinking appreciative fingers into the lush flesh. She glanced down, watching him lavish her body with attention.

His hips began to rock steadily. The rhythm sent a shiver over her. He groaned from the sensation of her channel twitching and clutching restlessly around his shaft. His mouth finally left her breasts and trailed along her neck. She purred, awaiting another kiss. His mouth met hers, his groans mingling with her purrs. She arched her back, her breasts smushing against his chest, the round swells littered with marks of his saliva.

The rhythm grew stronger, a bit more force behind each advance. Her legs flexed around his waist, adding her own strength to the proceedings, helping him drive harder into her. The kiss broke again, with his mouth targeting her neck, kissing and sucking. His free hand roamed along her hip and around to her ass. She felt her pleasure rise gradually, his cascading groans evidencing the same in him.

His breathing grew ragged, short gasps brushing over her neck, and the advances became thrusts, sending his cock pumping into her drenched sex, setting her body to a lurid jiggling. She dug her fingers into his shoulders, feeling his muscles ripple. His free hand took her by the back of the head just as his mouth returned to hers. He brought her closer for a hungry kiss, their tongues tangling, provoking more of her purrs. Her channel clutched constantly around the thrusts. Every smack of his body on hers sent her pleasure higher.

The thrusts lost their rhythm, firing off as sharper jabs, squishing through the sticky flood of her juices. She dragged her hands along his back, enjoying the warmth of his skin under her fingertips.

A few more thrusts, and he drove deep, sinking to the base inside her, holding himself there. His hands landed on her body, one at her hip, the other at her breast, seeking anchors for the oncoming storm of orgasm. She moaned at the assertiveness, arching her back again.

Ecstasy struck him first. Heated bursts fired into her slick depths. His mouth slipped off hers, a blissful sigh coming out, teasing over her neck. The hands at her body squeezed, dimpling her skin. More bursts added the last bit needed for her own orgasm. She moaned again, luxuriating in the delicious sensation of his seed filling her. Her channel twitched around his pulsing shaft, milking it for yet more. He growled against her neck, grinding himself into her body, animalistically answering those twitches.

The last spurts topped off the amount settled inside her. His mouth returned to hers. She stroked at his sweat-licked hair, purring breathlessly, nuzzling up into him. Her legs fell from around his waist.

His cock slipped back, and out, the spent shaft slumping onto her thigh.

He moved off her, laying back against the pillows. Her head found his shoulder, resting there. His arm snaked around her back, squeezing at her ass, making her laugh softly. She leaned over for another kiss.

"I'm thinking of making a Rangerroost run in a few days," he told her.

"Sounds good," she said, a yawn slipping out after.

"Time to pass out?"

She nodded, sidling closer, her eyes drifting shut.

"Night, Tabby."

"Night, Jac."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thunder boomed in the night sky. Lightning arced through the storm clouds in spindly forks, the flash of light illuminating the courtyard. The pounding rain had turned the dirt into a muddy slurry, the quartet slogging through the mess at a sluggish run. Shouts sounded from behind and above them.

"Come on!" Bram urged Ivyr, the slender elf clutching to his hand. "We're almost out!"

Nessa held Ivyr's other hand, sobbing with fright, tears indistinguishable from rain on her face.

"They're going to catch us!" she shrieked. "They're going to catch us!"

"Keep going!" Rolfard urged her from behind. "Don't stop now!"

The doors ahead lurched into action, slowly closing. Another peal of thunder erupted, followed by more lightning.

"The doors!" Nessa screamed.

"I see them, I see them," Bram said hurriedly. "We can make it!"

The quartet raced forward, the doors closing steadily.

"We're not going to make it," Ivyr said dully, her voice low among the din of the storm.

"Yes you are!" Rolfard roared, lunging forward, his powerful legs propelling him to the threshold before the other three.

The massive minotaur splashed to a stop before the closing doors and threw out his arms, slamming his palms against the wood. The doors stopped for a few long, hopeful seconds.

And then started up again, creaking loudly. The minotaur snorted with exertion, pushing with all his might, the effort enough to slow the doors but not completely stop them.

Bram reached the threshold, and shoved Ivyr through. Nessa dove after her, splattering into the mud.

"Let's go!" he said quickly to the minotaur.

"You go!" Rolfard shot back, his biceps bulging from the effort of holding back the doors.

"We'll make it, Rolf, come on!"

Thunder boomed again. Lightning followed, an incoming flurry of arrows standing out against the storm clouds. The first slammed into the door right next to Bram's head. The second struck Rolfard in the calf. The third hit him in the shoulder, the others missing their targets. The minotaur snarled in pain, his feet losing purchase in the sloppy mud.

"Come on, Rolf!"

"GO!" he roared at Bram, another arrow flying right over their heads.

The minotaur took his hands off the doors and turned away. Bram noticed a dozen or so silhouettes rushing through the courtyard before the doors closed with a heavy thud.

He spat out a curse, and ran to Ivyr and Nessa, the two women huddled nearby.

"Let's go! Follow me!"

Shouts sounded from inside the courtyard, followed by a defiant roar.

The trio ran down the hill and plunged into the thicket of trees at the bottom.

Horses awaited several yards into the thicket, tied to trees, whinnying nervously. Bram untied them, glancing around for any pursuers.

"Can you ride?" he asked Nessa.

She nodded frantically, cringing at another peal of thunder.

"Take Midnight," he told her, nodding to the other horse, already mounting up.

Nessa climbed onto the restless horse, taking the reins with trembling hands.

Bram helped Ivyr clamber up behind him and spurred Windstride into action.

Another peal of thunder cracked across the sky, drowning out their hoofbeats. The subsequent flash of lightning illuminated their desperate ride.

12