All Comments on 'Rahab Bk. 03 Ch. 10: Endings'

by Pixiehoff

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
TSreaderTSreaderover 4 years ago
A lovely departure!

So much to share in departing for her new travels. Which of course, I cannot wait to read about! Thank you Pixie!

MaonaighMaonaighover 4 years ago
Back again

Sorry, Pixie, been out of touch for a few days (minor software problem) so I've had to read the final five chapters in one go. And what a pleasure the chapters have been with more to comment on than I can manage here, so a few highlights. Your pen-portrait of Sir Amias Paulet (Chapter 7) showed him as being so loathsome as to be almost likeable. I wonder how many of your readers picked up on the allusion (Chapter 8), Rahab's denial of Mary and the cock crowing. And in the final chapter your explanation of Shakespeare's Dark Lady was as plausible as any other theory. As for the earth moving during sex, did Rahab anticipate Hemingway by several centuries? It's been an enjoyable trip, Pixie. Congratulations.

OneAuthorOneAuthorover 4 years ago
Absolutely Perfect

They are still tears in my eyes as I write this comment, such are the emotions this chapter has created within me. What Bess and Rahab had together was incredible, and their last night of lovemaking was beautiful in every way. It was indeed sweet sorrow when they parted, just as it had been for Will and Rahab. And let's not forget about dear Lady Emm, whom Rahab also loved...and is one of my favorite characters of all-time.

I look forward to the future adventures of Rahab. It seems there is more for her in Muscovy, and the hope that she will will end up with someone as magnificent as the dear Queen she is leaving behind.

Thank you again, sweet Pixie, for writing this story that both excites my mind (as well as, um, another place) and touches my heart deeply. :)

stroudlestroudleover 4 years ago
Beautiful

What a wonderful series Bk3 has been. I really felt for Rahab and Bess as they enjoyed their last night together. Your dialogue is brilliant as are your characters, even the minor ones are well rounded and fleshed out. Thank you Pixie for an exquisite story

Jc

PixiehoffPixiehoffover 4 years agoAuthor
Terri

Thank you. Your constant support means the world to me xx

PixiehoffPixiehoffover 4 years agoAuthor
Maonaigh

Thank you Maonaigh. I am so glad you picked up the references to the Black Lady. I do think the explanation ingenious, and glad you agree.

PixiehoffPixiehoffover 4 years agoAuthor
OneAuthor

Oh thank you, I am glad you were moved - and there is more to come :)

fishingrod48fishingrod48over 4 years ago
Perfection

Its brilliant.

PixiehoffPixiehoffover 4 years agoAuthor
Stroudle

Thank you so much xxx

PixiehoffPixiehoffover 4 years agoAuthor
Fishingrod

I am so pleased you think so.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 3 years ago
Payday for happiness

Yes indeed happiness takes a lot of you and it comes back differently but mostly a great happiness finds no substitute ..... Living life is only one step after another in the here and now, then we might discover to beauty of the moment and the happiness in it ..... Thank you pixie for this tale and this deep pure truth

PixiehoffPixiehoffabout 3 years agoAuthor

Thank you, Franziska for your company on the journey, and for your appreciation of the saga.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Lady De Winter?

Dear Pixiehoff,

You did an outstanding job creating this Rahab BK 3-chapter series. All your charterers tied in with history with the exception of "Lady De Winter" which Alexandre Dumas created for his "Three Musketeers" story. However, the story required a “spy villain” to support the treason plot to overthrow Queen Elizabeth and Lady De Winter's book character plays that part to perfection.

I love the sexual lust and passion Rehab (Pixie) devoted to both Queens. However, in both cases, Pixie departed with heavy with a heart leaving Queen Elizabeth and again when Pixie turned-in the letters against Mary Queen of Scots after their passionate love making the night before. Perhaps, worst of all, Pixie feelings worsened saying goodbye to William Shakespeare the man that brought Pixie to England, in the first place, and her first "true male love." Once again, Pixie travels alone on a ship she despises due to poor food, seasickness, and the male crew members staring at her like a sexual prize. So, in real life, does Pixiehoff encounter seasickness from taking cruises?

I have no doubt, wherever Pixie / Pixiehoff travel, they will always find "true love" in all their endeavors because of their wonderful personalities and their magical, kind and loving hearts.

Please Stay Healthy and COVID Safe,

Jeff

Update Notes:

1. We received a sad phone call and text messages that my Uncle passed away from COVID last night. His family decided to remove him from the ventilator due to his pervious issues with lung disease. His family states he went quietly in his sleep.

2. My cat appears to be recovering nicely from his gland removal surgery. Although we have to hand feed him due to him wearing a cone, for two weeks, so he does not scratch and tear his stiches.

3. Please keep us posted with your COVID update. I hope you do not encounter any side effects.

PixiehoffPixiehoffabout 3 years agoAuthor

Thank you Jeff. You will see that this Lady de Winter is the mother of Dumas’ one!

Sorry to read about your uncle. I had my jab today! xx

amadeuseroticamadeuseroticabout 3 years ago

Dear Pixie,

Rahab book 3 had an even stronger effect on me than book 2, especially the tale of the two queens.

If Rahab could save the winter queen in any way, she would. Perhaps in an alternative reality, Mary could be spirited away and take a new identity. Kind of similar to the narrative in Islam, where Jesus is not crucified, but someone else takes his place.

However, history has spoken, and Elisabeth Tudor must put Mary Stuart to death, no matter what. It is heart-wrenching. The cruel part is that Rahab must both betray and deny Mary, thus becoming at once Judas and Peter. The disciples of Jesus might have had a choice, but Rahab has none. What makes her act is not greed nor cowardice but resignation to do what must be done.

My eyes were filled with tears when I read the part where Rahab offers what she can to Mary, which is so little and yet everything: love-making, comfort, a last day of freedom and sunshine. Tears come to my eyes again as I write this.

Rahab belittles Mary (hapless cardboard queen) in her confrontation with Lady De Winter, the person truly responsible for Mary's tragic fate. I wonder how much of that is honest assessment and how much is charade, as Rahab must not open her heart to a ruthless scheming enemy.

There are contrasting narratives about the personalities of the two queens. In various movies titled "Mary Queen of Scots" (1971, 2013, 2018) the two are equals. In Friedrich Schiller's drama "Maria Stuart", the Scottish Queen is the strong, heroic figure whereas the English Queen is scheming and wavering.

Rahab (as well as the author of the story) is partial to Elizabeth, of course. After all, Bess becomes her great love, second only to Ana. However, Rahab must lie even to Bess about her true feelings for Mary.

Elizabeth, having suffered in childhood cannot possibly love selflessly and without jealousy the way Rahab can.

After all, she was raised by an abusive father. Henry VIII had declared himself head of the church in order to divorce his first wife, hereby cementing the enmity between England and Spain. Then he married Anne Boleyn, Elizabeth's mother, and soon killed her for the crime of producing a daughter instead of a son. Henry's subsequent wives suffer a similar fate. The only wife who did produce a male heir died in childbirth.

The story of Rahab is set against the backdrop of the inhumane human condition that most people, especially women, had to endure due to the foolishness and cruelty of men.

If unnatural sex between women including consensual incest play between Rahab and Bess were the only offenses that happened, the world would indeed be a better place. But these life-affirming things were (and still are by some) considered mortal sins, and true sins were confused with virtues.

One can possibly forgive self-serving people for doing bad things due to their greed and pride, but the truly evil people are the sanctimonious pricks like Mary's gaoler. Not even the deepest circle of hell would be a punishment for them, as they are busily making earth a living hell already.

Being the queen's lover, Rahab cannot go back to innocent pleasures with Emma and Flora. However, with these women she can share, what she cannot share with Bess: Mourning for the loss of life and love, embodied by Mary's impending death. Sexual energy does not disappear, but it is transformed into a different expression of love and channelled into shared grief and consolation.

After tragedy, comedy is sometimes offered to bring the audience back to earth. However, Rahab and Will's play with words is deeper than that. Will also has an unfulfilled longing, after Rahab offers him what she has not offered to any other man: an intimate kiss.

Rahab cannot share with Will the gift of lovemaking, therefore she offers him the gift of immortality instead.

The story concludes by returning to a somber mood of farewells. There is more for the reader to discover in the next books, but we now realize that the story is not told by Rahab as she lived through it, but by Rahab many years later.

This is a reminder that everything happened a very long time ago, and the remainder of the story is already written.

PixiehoffPixiehoffabout 3 years agoAuthor
Thank you Amadeus

Thank you so much Amadeus.

This is a crucial part of the saga. It is Rahab’s first mission for her Sultan and the beginning of her new role. As the Sultan had discerned, there were opportunities for a woman which would not have been there for a man. Rahab finds something she had not expected, a great love, and then something with which she was becoming all too familiar - loss. Mary Queen of Scots figures in the poem. “The Winter Queen” which sets in verse her feelings.

The by-play with Will is the closest she ever comes to a relationship with a man, and his genius intrigues her. But again, he is a comet across her sky.

I am so glad you enjoyed this xxxx

EvieUKNEEvieUKNEalmost 3 years ago

I say simply that I have loved Book 3 and your talented writing very much.. Here’s to Book 4!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPixiehoff@Pixiehoff
I am Mrs Pixie Peters the owner and yenta of Emily's Escorts, where I chat and help others find lovers. I am married to the love of my Lit life, June Peters (JPintraining), so please don't ask me to play because I won't - but I will try to help you find someone who can. There ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES