All Comments on 'Rahab Bk. 06 Ch. 10: Home'

by Pixiehoff

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
OneAuthorOneAuthorover 4 years ago
Home is where the heart is

Rahab is home because she is with the ones she loves, and the ones who love her. :)

This was another wonderful update. The interactions between Rahab and Ana were beautiful, as always. And I am very happy to see Commander Kunt and Tania together. They are both amazing people who deserve a loving partner.

PixiehoffPixiehoffover 4 years agoAuthor
OneAuthor

You are correct, her heart is healed. I was happy to reward the Commander for his great service. Now for Book 7.

MaonaighMaonaighover 4 years ago
Warm and touching

A very warm and touching finale to Book 06, Pixie. I have sometimes found myself becoming sad for Rahab because all of her lovers, even Ana, seem to find true love (or a form of love) with others although with her blessing. The generosity of Rahab's spirit should be a lesson to all.

PixiehoffPixiehoffover 4 years agoAuthor
Maonaigh

Thank you so much. Rahab has come to see that love can be shared, and we shall where this goes.

stroudlestroudleover 4 years ago
Great ending to this part of Rahab journey

I agree with Maonaigh in the generosity of Rahab spirit in acceptance of her lovers (esp Ana) seeking their extras .

You have written a truly wonderful character in Rahab and I have enjoyed reading about her journey immensely

Thank you Pixie

Jc

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Danegyth/Rahab Series

Well there has been content relating to 'Vikings', 'The Last Kingdom', 'The Tudors' - seems no-one thought to televise anything about the ottoman empire sadly, and finally 'Raiders of the Lost Ark'.

Just wonderful from start to what I thought was finish, as Rahab appeared earlier to be the last in line, however there was a hint that this is not the case, so not only can we continue with Rahab's conquests, but there is the possibility of a further character in the offing.

Maybe 'War of the Roses'.

So happy.

PixiehoffPixiehoffover 4 years agoAuthor
Anonymous

I am so glad that you have enjoyed the series. There will be more.

Cindy1001Cindy1001over 4 years ago
Concur

I agree with Maonaigh. Also, you have succeeded in transmitting a feeling of tranquility, I am so at peace at this moment.

PixiehoffPixiehoffover 4 years agoAuthor
Cindy

Thank you too for taking the trouble to comment.

Paddy57Paddy57over 3 years ago

Now THAT was a journey!! Much enjoyed. Thank you

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyabout 3 years ago
Every page an own journey

Yes indeed what a journey ..... Absolutely fabulous ..... What an amazing historical scenario perfectly scripted with dramatic love adventure .... Thank you for this wonderful poetry

PixiehoffPixiehoffabout 3 years agoAuthor

Thank you so much, Franziska xx

PixiehoffPixiehoffabout 3 years agoAuthor

Paddy, I am sorry to have missed your comment at the time, I am so pleased you enjoyed it x

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Wonderful Story

Dear Pixiehoff,

I loved Rahab BK-6-chapter series and the whole entire story series. I felt so sad when Rahab's {Pixie) health deteriorated only to have Satan appear to offer Pixie a deal to save herself but to sacrifice Ana. However, Pixie rejects both of Satan's offers. Then at the final battle to save the Ark of the Covenant, per the "prophecy of the Book of the Guardian that at the hour of greatest need a branch of cedar of the Lebanon' would come to its aid." The gates of heaven open and her Mama appears before Pixie that allows Pixie to win the battle at the St Catharine Monastery, save the Ark of the Convenient, and restore Pixie to good health.

Unfortunately, Pixie loses her dear friend and Tania's "True Love" Miriam during the battle. Then the strength of Pixie shines, despite her health issues, when Pixie understands that both Ana and Tania require love and comfort, so Pixie gives her blessing so Ana and Tania may fulfill their passionate relationship. Finally, Pixie extends her love blessings to Commander Kunt to have a relationship with Tania and for Joshua to have a relationship with Ana.

I had hope, at the conclusion of this story, Queen Elizabeth remained alive, so she could persuade Pixie to return to England an advisory role. During the 1590's, Queen Elizabeth lost her most of her trusted advisors due to age, illness, and death. Unfortunately, these personnel losses put a terrible strain / stress upon the Queen, and ended her life prematurely because she could not trust nor communicate effectively with her new advisors due to younger generation/ culture issues. I believe the Queen would have bestowed the title of "Lady Protector" upon Pixie. I also wondered if Pixie would give up her "Gold Star," Lesbian status, during this second visit, to engage in a sexual relationship with William Shakespeare, but only Pixie herself can answer that intimate question. But will Pixie answer?

I am so glad that Pixie returned back to Beirut with her true love Ana. I know God will continue to look out for Pixie. I am fortunate that God looked out for me during my entire life and allowed me to discover Roberta and now Pixie. Roberta taught me how to write and how to express myself on paper. Pixie’s stories, allows me to improve, my social interaction skills, by reading various stories then writing comments, on a social media platform, without the fear of embarrassment or failure. I am so glad that God placed me with two wonderful women, both with wonderful writing skills, great personalities, beautiful minds, and two extraordinary kind hearts.

Please, Stay Healthy and COVID Safe,

Jeff

PixiehoffPixiehoffabout 3 years agoAuthor

Thank you so much Jeff xx

amadeuseroticamadeuseroticabout 3 years ago

Dear Pixie,

What a journey you have taken us on! Book 6 feels like a departure and a destination all at once.

Where can one go when one is already in the new Eden? But then we are reminded that Eden is not a happily-ever-after place, but a garden that needs constant loving care and commitment.

The most beautiful expression of this commitment is the marriage between the 3 women, Ana, Rahab and Mel. Throughout the story, Rahab is the link that joins everything and everyone together, who imagines the impossible and makes it possible. The union between the three is indeed a holy Matrimony. Note: There exists also a holy Patrimony, an external expression of the sacred, such as the shrine in Aksum where the Ark of the Covenant was stored and the Monestary of St Catherine where it will be stored.

The external aspects of things are important, the places, the buildings we can still see and visit today. But the most important aspects are deep inside us, when we feel that our souls are touched. Just like orgasms, such moments are sublime, and they cannot last. We have to create them and then remember them.

When the memory is strong enough, it can connect us and transport us across space and time. Rahab can meet her cousin Jacob with whom she is linked through their common ancestor Danegyth. Their task is to rescue the Ark of the Covenant, the symbol of the ancient bond between God and mankind, for the future.

Miriam, daughter of the emperor of Ethiopia and lover of Tania, gives her life in the process. I am reminded of the other tragic event in this story series, the death of Mary, Queen of Scots. But Miriam's mission is fulfilled, she has not failed. Therefore it is less sadness, less feeling of unrecoverable loss and emptiness. Therefore Miriam's memory can be honoured either in chaste grief or in life-affirming lovemaking. Tania chooses celebrating love and life with Ana and Rahab.

I am grateful to Rahab that men also get their share of love in this concluding chapter. She blesses the union of Tania and Mustapha who will be her husband and father of her children. Neither race nor religion nor sexual orientation are of any concern. Commander Mustapha Kunt, loyal servant and friend to Viceroy Rahab, sees neither man or woman, nor Muslim or Christian. It is courage and integrity alone that matters. Jealousy has no place either. Therefore he can marry Tania, and Tania can also remain a lover of Ana.

Even as we should be color blind when relating to people as persons, we are allowed to delight in the beauty of different skin colours and other physical attributes and be sexually attracted to it. It is not racist.

Lust is different from love, but it cannot be denied. If it is suppressed, it finds its way to the fore through temptation, leading to perversions such as the fanatism of Karim. In his world, women must be subdued and hidden behind veils, because men cannot help being predators. Therefore his own judgement is clouded, and he is easily trapped. The liberation of people who are trapped in their own narrow-minded world is a yet unfulfilled task to the present day.

While Rahab brilliantly solves external conflicts, she is also wrestling with her inner conflict: How can she be worthy of love, having been labeled as 'runt of the litter' since early childhood, not being fully developed into a woman? Rahab must learn to accept that she is not loved despite her physical attributes but also because of it. A child-woman can be as attractive sexually as a voluptuous goddess. If interracial sex fantasies do not make us racists, nor does lusting for a woman with a child-like body make us pedophiles.

The physical appearance matters. After all, the Ark of the covenant is gilded, not painted with tar. However, one cannot conclude what's inside from appearance alone. Rahab spots the fake ark right away, because she has other senses than just sight.

To fully live, we have to use all our senses, the physical as well as the spiritual. When we can accept and love ourselves, just as we love and accept others, then we can heal and find our true home.

PixiehoffPixiehoffabout 3 years agoAuthor

Oh, Amadeus, there is almost a sadness as the end is approached, except, of course, there is no end.

I don’t know if you know the Calvary poem, “Ithaca”? Its final stanza says that it is the journey that makes you rich, not the arrival point, and Rahab illustrates it. It is the growth, the experience, the missions which make her “rich”. She comes through the tests, she relies upon Mama Mary who never lets her down, and even when all seems hopeless, Rahab never loses hope.

Rahab learns selflessness. By the end she even allows her beloved Ana to have another wife, and far from being jealous, as once she would have been, she rejoices in it.

She has, by the end, achieved her Ithaca, which is why the tale stops there. There is no end. There are enough clues in the text and the poems to give tantalising glimpses into what happens after the tale we have ends. I pondered whether to continue, but this seemed, in the final analysis, the place to draw things to a close xxx

amadeuseroticamadeuseroticabout 3 years ago

Dearest Pixie,

There are 3 pleasures to be had from your stories:

The first is the story itself. Reading it, drinking it in, enjoying it, reflecting on it.

The second is to write a comment. Expressing what your story brought to me.

The third is reading your response to my comment. Realizing how much you care for your readers and hereby form a personal connection with each of us.

Thank you for the threefold pleasure. I feel it with all your stories, but nowhere more than with Rahab for whom the number 3 has a special significance.

Love

W

PixiehoffPixiehoffabout 3 years agoAuthor

Thank you so much, Amadeus. Yes, for me, interaction with my readers is critical. I know that to a great extent much of what I write is caviars to the general, and sagas such as this are not for all. But this who do respond usually do so in ways that help me, and it is only fair to respond, and I get huge pleasure from that. So, thank you for your 3 points xxxxx

EvieUKNEEvieUKNEalmost 3 years ago

Thank you Pixie for this wonderful saga which I have thoroughly enjoyed. xx

PixiehoffPixiehoffalmost 3 years agoAuthor

Thank you, Evie, for persevering this far xxxx

okami1061okami1061about 1 year ago

I think my strong conviction that humans are the best this universe has seen … and are likely to see, caused me to feel a loss of autonomy at the idea of such strong emotional and inspirational characters should give over themselves to some "god" to achieve what they did really degraded my love of these characters; it made them smaller in my eyes. In the beginning (Swan's Neck) the imposition was small and "quaint", but by the end it had become oppressive.

I appreciate it is fiction (and just about the best written fiction I've ever read), but the power of characters' emotions were blunted by not making them strong enough to be what they were and what they wanted to be (or needed to be) without some supreme being enabling it. It makes me truly hate supreme beings (if their really were any) for belittling humans. The idea is abhorrent to me.

Obviously not to others. And I have no issue with you or others feeling that way. I just don't.

But that did not diminish in any way my view of the quality of your work. It is outstanding. And the level of research (because I check every bit of it I can as I read) is astonishing. Well done!

As a last, tongue in check, observation, reading a work (all books plus Swan) of this size and getting to the end, I realized somewhere around 35% of the words are sex and not "story content" and was surprising (in retrospect).

I just feel overwhelmingly sad that no females in our history have had the power that Rahab had with respect to her sexuality; the treatment of females is one of the greatest travesties of human history. It makes "Black Lives Matter" trivial by comparison.

PixiehoffPixiehoffabout 1 year agoAuthor

Thank you so much for a penetrating and thorough analysis; I appreciate it. The sex part is, I hope, melded into the picture as a whole rather than being merely window dressing.

I can only speak for me, as a woman of faith, but for me, my faith is a vital part of who I am, and so it is natural for me to transfer that to my characters.

You are, of course, so right about women and the way we have been treated historically - by black men, white men and all colours of men.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPixiehoff@Pixiehoff
I am Mrs Pixie Peters the owner and yenta of Emily's Escorts, where I chat and help others find lovers. I am married to the love of my Lit life, June Peters (JPintraining), so please don't ask me to play because I won't - but I will try to help you find someone who can. There ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES