All Comments on 'Randy Buys His Dream House'

by Dutchboy51

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good story. One thing. At their ages they wouldnbarely know what a CD is. Music streamed off their phones.

Also, not sure what a supper club is.

Regarding your rejection, it is sad they reject a story from you. You are well written with a coherent plot. Many stories on this site are the exact opposite.

Dutchboy51Dutchboy51about 2 years agoAuthor

Thanks for your feedback. One of the difficulties in creating a non-chronological story series is maintaining continuity. Here's how I figure it. Randy's Aunt Ivy's car was a 1966 Plymouth station wagon during his senior year in high school. This story takes place a dozen or so years later. CDs? Yes. Smart phones? Not yet.

I've noticed a few time inconsistencies, but for the most part, the pieces fit. They'll make the most sense if you follow the tales in the order in which I wrote them. All are in "Mind Control" Anything by me in that section is related to Randy. PM me if you'd like to read the "banned" Randy story.

Thanks again.

noahbudienoahbudieabout 2 years ago

As usual, a wonderful story and again no forced sex or rape. Thanks for your stories.

Dutchboy51Dutchboy51about 2 years agoAuthor

Thanks for your kind comment..

First, a supper club is exactly what the name implies. It's a place where you can have dinner and see a show. Everybody in show business starts locally in small venues. Randy's tour consists of the show business equivalent of baseball's minor leagues, small cities, local fame. He does not want to be "famous" in a national sense.

When I started writing the Amazing Randy stories, I found that I became interested in the character(s) so I wrote a sequel (Prison Psychologist) and then a prequel. (An Amazing Gift) I found Randy a big enough character to expand the series to his entire career. In this story, Randy has been in show business for a dozen or so years. He gets his powers his senior year in high school while living with his aunt. She drives a 1966 Plymouth station wagon. Let's say the car is eight years old with 100K miles on it. That puts this encounter with Patty sometime in the mid-eighties. CD's? Definitely. Spotify? Apple music? Not yet by my calculations.

Bottom line? I'm old as dirt. You're not. Keep reading and commenting, please!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Loved the buildup and the non-rushed storyline.... looking forward to more.

computermadcomputermadabout 2 years ago

A wonderful story, the first I have read from you, so I have a lot of catching up to do. I too have been rejected for my only attempt at writing, which was even more frustrating as there were no specific comments as why it was rejected. Your story was well written so I find it hard to believe they reject one of yours, based on the fact they have accepted 41 other stories from you. It must be very frustrating for you. Keep ups the good work.

Dutchboy51Dutchboy51about 2 years agoAuthor

Computermad,

Thanks so much for your kind comments. You're brand new to Randy, so please allow me to recommend that you read the other stories in the order in which I wrote them. If it's in Mind Control and I wrote it, then Randy or someone he knows well is in it. Start with "The True Professional," then "Prison Psychologist" and so on. Randy gets more complex and my writing gets better, I think. If you want a copy of the banned work. PM me and make sure that you provide an e-mail address. It's a good story.

Thanks again and enjoy.

mrmpromrmproabout 2 years ago

Thanks again for a great story. I love that you be patient and kind to the woman but a real pain to men who did wrong.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Enjoyable story maybe a little short one thing I noticed was Patti changed her name to Nancy but hey ho I'm not a grammar nazi regards Andy Craig-Burns

Dutchboy51Dutchboy51about 2 years agoAuthor

Andy,

Yeah, I missed one. I have worked hard on my editing skills. When I first started I screwed something up in every damn story or at least it felt that way, and whoppers too. Good grammar is crucial to literature. Poor grammar makes for mighty rough reading. I do my best and will endeavor to improve.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Excellent character development with a healthy touch of romance.

xDominantxxDominantxabout 2 years ago

Hi,

I've enjoyed each and every one of the "Randy" stories.

And I would love to read the story you indicated has been declined.

If you'll share, please email it to anad0567@aol.com.

Thanks and keep on writing such entertaining stories..

Respectfully,

Tony

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Only 1 problem "her" Adam's apple ?

Dutchboy51Dutchboy51over 1 year agoAuthor

Anonymous,

Your comment made me do a deep dive on the subject of women and "Adam's apples. Women do, in fact have Adam's apples, but they are not as prominent as the same structure in men. We're kinda both right. Thanks for reading and commenting.

nighthawk22204nighthawk222045 months ago

DutchBoy51, thanks for your careful editing. It really helps a reader like me to read/hear the vocal inflections on the dialogue if the punctuation is correct. There are still a few misspellings, but probably typos and totally forgivable. I love the real estate business and can't wait to read the sequel as Randy dives into remodeling and deals with the contractor as another undoubtedly attractive woman.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDutchboy51@Dutchboy51
For those who wish to read all stories involving The Amazing Randy, I strongly recommend that you read them in the order in which they were written, which is NOT chronological with respect to his life and career. Each new story "drops into" Randy's career somewhere along his t...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES