All Comments on 'Rather be Lucky than Good Ch. 02'

by olddave1951

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Need to be longer.

Please make your chapters longer. This is too good of a story for the chapters to be one page.

olddave1951olddave1951over 8 years agoAuthor
Sorry for the length

Annoy, sorry for the short chapter, that's all I had ready. I'll make chapter 3 longer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Reminds me!

While I'm only 61, I am ADD and totally get it! My wife brought me back a t-shirt that I love and have gotten a ton of compliments and comments on. It is from a South African winery and the logo is "Aged to perfection" with the name of the winery under that. I wear it in good health and try to live up to it.

Loved the stori

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 8 years ago
Great job

You're telling an awesome story, Dave. I'm looking forward to your next chapter. Keep em rolling. Love that authentic voice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

I like the quick blast format - page breaks make sense - Love the story and your style. Kinda reminds me of JimBob44. Please keep writing!

maddictmaddictover 8 years ago
I like the story, lets see if this pastes

The rules of a gunfight

Shooting Advice from various Concealed Carry Instructors:

If you own a gun, you will appreciate this.

If not, you should get one and learn how to use it:

A: Guns have only two enemies - rust and politicians.

B: It's always better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

C: Cops carry guns to protect themselves, not you.

D: Never let someone or something that threatens you get within your arm’s length.

E: Never say "I've got a gun." If you need to use deadly force, the first sound they hear should be the safety clicking off.

F: The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

G: The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win – cheat if necessary.

H: Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets … You may get killed with your own gun, but he'll have to beat you to death with it, cause it'll be empty.

If you're in a gun fight:

1. If you're not shooting, you should be loading.

2. If you're not loading, you should be movin,

3. If you're not movin', you're dead.

J: In a life and death situation, do something … It may be wrong, but dosomething!

K: If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense!

If you have a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

L: You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or any other word, but a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much a universal language.

M: Forget the save the planet nonsense, it doesn't need saving, but you may be able to save yourself and your family.

maddictmaddictover 8 years ago
Are you with the n.r.a.?

I do like the story. I was thinking of the rules if your in a gun fight, well I can't remember them, and can't post on this tablet. I'm off to the desk top.

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 8 years ago
SIGH....the bit with the cop in the first part got to me.....

The cop in part one being all paranoid about him being a legal concealed carrier got to me. I can go online and pull up literally thousands of incidents where cops shot innocent people, and mostly got away with it by the way, but I don't know offhand of ANY incidents where a concealed carrier shot a cop, or demanded they disarm themselves for the safety and security of the citizen. Yet it's obvious that citizens, especially legally armed citizens, are in far more danger of being shot by a cop than a cop is of being shot by them. Being a cop does mean you have to deal with criminals, nasty and even dangerous people, but anyone who becomes a cop knows that before they apply for the job, and if they can't distinguish between a criminal and a law abiding citizen then they damn well don't need to be working as a cop. And no, I'm not talking about going blindly into a crime scene, I'm talking about situations where the cop knows that the citizen has not given any reason for the cop to suspect them of any criminal activity or intent. I have far more reason to fear being shot by a cop than a cop has of being shot by me, but I don't run around yelling that all cops should be forced to give up their guns. I damn well don't demand that they disarm before talking to me because I'm so afraid that they will use their legally carried firearm to shoot me for no reason that I loose my mind over it. There are criminals and terrorists out there who are actual threats to both the cops and regular citizens, so why do cops seem to fear law abiding armed citizens MORE than they do the criminals and terrorists who are a real danger? Statistically concealed carriers are LESS likely to commit a crime than cops are, a true fact, research it for yourself if you don't believe me.

It just burns my ass that anti-gun fanatics and cops in general spend more time and effort worrying about law abiding gun owners than they do catching criminals and preventing crime and terrorist attacks in the first place! The paranoia about law abiding gun owners shown by these two groups, in my opinion, has crossed the border of mental illness and grown into a totally irrational obsession. Unless people start voting for politicians, and law enforcement leaders who have a rational grasp of the difference between a law abiding citizen and criminals and terrorists, instead of voting party lines, then things are only going to get worse.

End of rant, and on to my opinion that this is a great story. Five stars from me and well deserving of each of them!

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
THERE IS AN AFTERMATH FOR HEROES IN WAITING

no matter the areas, they are out there everywhere, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Still Great.

Write some more if you can.

chytownchytown10 months ago

*****Good piece of storytelling. Nice series thanks for sharing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous