All Comments on 'Rayne Ch. 01'

by Undercoverwriter

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
good beginning

and cant wait for their next meeting. Its good to see a historical romance written here.

cantfightfatecantfightfateabout 15 years ago
Just saw this...

Didn't you submit this before, under a different name? I'm sure I've read this before.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
historical accuracy

I like historical romances but the format of your is lacking. It is too hard to read, maybe put in some indentations.

Also, Did the Spanish get gold form the South Pacific? I know they found lots of treasure in South America but I don't know too much about their territory in the Philippines.

I would say your location is off for the pirate theme you have going. Also The Spanish lost their power pretty much by the late 1600s. The destruction of the Armada was the last show of their strength, although they did hold their territories for a while longer.

The glaring fact that made me stop was that the mermaid mast head would not be from ancient Viking ships. They had dragons and other fierce creatures on the masts to guide their ships to war. The Greeks I believe were the ones to carve mermaids for the masthead.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Love it!

What a fun little story! I like your characters thus far. Looks shouldn't matter to a story, but I like that they are both good-looking brunettes. There are too many blond protagonists; dark hair is sexier! :) You write a lovely story, I'm off to continue Ch 2!

Quick note: when you say "dablooms", you really mean "doubloons", right? I can't think what else that word is supposed to be.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous