All Comments on 'Read My Lips'

by Skippy47

Sort by:
  • 102 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I stopped reading at: "I had never told Janet that I had been recruited out of college by the CIA."

penneydog55penneydog55over 3 years ago

Fantastic Story. You get My vote. ☆☆☆☆☆

SwordWielderSwordWielderover 3 years ago

You missed 1 part - Her disbarment and firing from the law firm. In essence her affair not only destroyed her marriage, but it destroyed her career. A few lawyers honestly due deserve the horrible reputation that is given to that profession, but can you think of anywhere they will allow someone convicted of attempted murder to practice law? I think once she gets out she'll be earning her way either as a maid/housekeeper or in retail sales or fast food. No company with a good reputation and no high paying position is going to give a chance to her. She can say goodbye to the nice house, nice clothes, nice everything... Karma is going to have a lot of fun with her.

TajfaTajfaover 3 years ago

Liked it but I would like to have heard a little more from the cheaters during their planning of the event. They were already rich. Why did she treat him so badly? Didn't she live him at one time or was she just a gold digger? 4 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Thanks for sharing...

Unusual, don’t think anyone has exploited Lip reading as discovery or cause in a story before. Well done:)

Flash BTB’s tend to be convenient & shallow by design, this is no exception. The story has a good plot bases & I would have liked to have seen you do more with the material.

Thanks again, looking forward to your next post.

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 3 years ago
Good quick flash

Haven't seen the lip reading expose before, always good to see something new. Well done and thank you.

PowersworderPowersworderover 3 years ago

Really great story, but it left me wanting to hear her side!

Was it an accidental overdose? If not, who was trying to kill him?

ju8streadingju8streadingover 3 years ago

if cheating on a husband or wife was actually a criminal offense with jail time involved, maybe people would think twice about and have better morals than that of an alley cat.

InescuInescuover 3 years ago
A bit too far

The lip reading ability was enough for the premise. Adding in the CIA bit was unnecessary. Other than that, a good tale, if a little dry.

Impo_64Impo_64over 3 years ago

Read my lips: "Very good"...4*

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 3 years ago
Decent for a flash story

The elites in our society look down on us lowly blue collar workers, even if we earn more than typical blue collar money. Mr 47 got that part right.

A more interesting story might have been if the plot had been successful, he died in the hotel room bed, and a detective had to put the clues together to figure it out, but that would have been much longer.

BoytitsBoytitsover 3 years ago

Wow very good BTB story, thanks for writing a*4* on this one from me

JRandyJJRandyJover 3 years ago
5 stars

Good read!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

"When the late nights, reduced sex, and increased disrespect spiked over several weeks;" - If I was a cheating wife, I would try to minimize late nights, keep the sex the same, and show my husband respect. Any or all of these are usually tells of an affair. BTW, Skip, that semi-colon should be a comma.

/

You can't sue the firm, and if you think you can embarrass a law firm, just watch their TV commercials! Clients only care that their lawyers win, and cheaters certainly wouldn't hesitate to hire a cheating lawyer!

/

"he did not ask my permission" - I would have called him on that: "GENTLEMEN always ask a lady's escort's permission before asking her to dance." Maybe adding, "You ARE a gentleman, aren't you?"

/

"I had been recruited out of college by the CIA." - No, not the CIA! Jeezus!

/

Heh, he came out "smelling" like a rose!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Taking out the trash

It's good to be the king. Nice read, enjoyed it.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 3 years ago

If I might ...

make a few suggestions to Skippy47.

Your plot ideas are great.

And the writing is well done.

You're a good writer

and just one step from being great.

My first suggestion is to use the weapon

most of the best writers use.

That weapon is humor.

So often the step between good and great.

My second suggestion is a smaller one.

That is to be careful how you use

the word "cuckold".

People don't agree on what it means.

No reason to piss off those who use

a stricter definition than you do.

That being that a cuckold is someone

who knows he's being cheated on.

Not suspects it but knows.

Meaning you can't be cuckolded

if you don't know beforehand.

So avoid the word

if it doesn't include both definitions.

This story was good, but not great.

4 out of 5 from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Not particularly original; very similar to another post (or two). Also lacks erotica. Not entertaining at all.

pepepilotpepepilotover 3 years ago

I liked the story enough for 4 stars. What I did not like is the read was choppy and confusing at times.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 3 years ago
Nice quick read!

Quick read, believable, with a solid ending. Loved the "filthy rich" quip.... 5*

SkubabillSkubabillover 3 years ago

Pretty good story

mainer42mainer42over 3 years ago

cool spin on the cheating scenario. I have hearing impaired friends and it is amazing what they can actually "hear" by reading lips.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 3 years ago

Wow...the CIA? Lip reading? Knockout drugs? Just Wow...

MwestohioMwestohioover 3 years ago

You just forgot to make him a former Navy Seal. :)

mattenwmattenwover 3 years ago

A very nicely told story with a really funny swipe towards the upper class.

C_frommnC_frommnover 3 years ago

Read My Lips Loved it. was worthy of a Five * Star Vote.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
Yep! 5*****

That was more fun than it should have been! When you brought in the CIA angle, it was like the "I was a Navy Seal,..." type of thing, but you used it cleverly and just enough to make it a great story! Thanks for a fun, quick read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
LW-brand silliness

“I had never told Janet that I had been recruited out of college by the CIA.”

I appreciate you putting this line in so early, so I can stop reading before I waste my time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Pretty easy situation. Give BOTH those assholes the same potion they were gonna give him and make sure they drink every drop!! Solved the problem and we don't have to feed the ho and her master for years!!

GumpershnickalGumpershnickalover 3 years ago

feels like 2 ideas forced together into 1 short story. The lip reading by itself would have been fine or the Garbage King, instead

DogFuzzDogFuzzover 3 years ago

A valuable lesson - be careful what you want to “throw” away concerning a Waste Management Man. You might be ‘recycled”. 😊.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
He got what he married, . . .

he got what he deserved.

Janet had no virtue, no ethics, no compassion, and no human decency. Nowhere does the story illustrate some reason for a drastic change in Janet's character. The only thing that changed was her circumstances and her opportunities. You marry a defective woman, you get a defective marriage. Maybe next time he will pay more attention to a woman's soul, and the size of her brain, rather than the size of her tits and her waste. She married a man who made a living turning garbage into money, and she was cheating on him to be with a man who was garbage. She got what she deserved as well.

A good story where people realistically got what they deserved. Very rare in the LW category.

Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Middle-aged, Junior Partner?

Internal inconsistency in your story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Don't Bother Reading This Story

It is, quite simply, based on a preposterous premise and the story line is so poorly developed, I have to wonder why the 'writer' submitted it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Pretty Good

Pretty good. 4 Stars. Might have got a 5 if the lip reading skill had come from some place other than CIA training.

johnadpjohnadpover 3 years ago
Fun Story

Little problems with the story:

1. How would they know if he drank the whole thing it would have killed him? They had no idea how much of it he drank. He may have drank the whole thing, most of it, etc.

2. How could he read both of their lips at the same time. When you dance slow you are cheek to cheek with someone. So, at most you can see one person's face, and the other person's back of the head. Unless he was running back and forth around them, which is making me chuckle imagining it. To be able to read lips I would imagine you'd have to be facing the person and cannot do it from the side. So, even if they were dancing apart he would still only be able to read the lips of one person.

3. Accident involves two cars normally, even though this one doesn't state what he hit. But besides the moral argument if he should have been driving drugged, there is the legal argument. He gives a sworn statement to the police that he knew he was drugged that would knock him out, yet he chose to drive, and it actually knocked him out where he got into an accident. Besides likely facing prison time himself, the person he hit would have a field day suing him knowing all those facts. That's a big pay day and they could go after his business if his insurance liability is not high enough.

4. Why doesn't Janet want to be the star witness prior to seeing the old lady? Obviously, others had seen her put a drug in his drink, how could she foretell that the police detective would be completely inept and retarded in his questioning?

I know it sounds like I'm trying to poopoo the story. I'm not. It's a fun quick little story. My point is that if you make the logic of the story tighter it would make the story that much better.

Not scoring the story because I would give it a 4 and that would lower the score it has so far.

enderlocke27enderlocke27over 3 years ago
already

read the garbage king story, didnt have the attempted murder rout but was pretty much the same story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Dumb, boring revenge story

Cardboard cutout characters. Stoopid storyline.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Now that was a great twist for a flash story

Nicely done. Lip reading and drugging his drink. They were going to have sex while he died in the room. He probably never would have made it to the room and crashed at the party and a ambulance would have been called.

GeorgeAndersonGeorgeAndersonover 3 years ago
"Gods don't mate with common folk..."

Ah, but they do: see Zeus, Wotan, etc. etc.

Fun read.

GA

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 3 years ago
Only Quibble ...

The lip-reading aspect was clumsily done ... and too briefly. It is not a hereditary skill. It has to be learned, which means there has to be a reason. Being hearing-impaired (HI) is the by far the most common reason. Family of ‘signers’ also learn to communicate with their HI family member, but that is unnecessary with lipreaders!

In addition to the issue of WHY Hubby would have learned that skill (which would have taken a sentence or two) there is also WHERE did he learn it and HOW did the CIA find him in college to do that? Lip-reading is much less popular than ASL and is usually taught in schools for the HI.

The notion of the CIA recruiting a lip-reader and then send that recruit to learn a Middle Eastern (Islamic) language (at least two years to become moderately capable) is bass-ackwards. There are probably a few HI Islamics in the US who have already learned how to lip-read and do it within their families.

It is nice to see novel ways to bust cheaters*, but it should not be done with a throw-away.

5* (jailing two lawyers cancels one quibble!)

*like condoms in septic tank filters.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

@SomeOneTwoThree:

/

cuckold - "the husband of an unfaithful wife." There ARE other definitions out there, but certainly as used here in LW, this is the primary accepted definition.

/

cuck - A unique LW term, used to describe a cuckold who, for one reason or another accepts being a cuckold.

/

wittol - the word used in in dictionaries for a cuck. IMHO, in LW terms, the husband of a HotWife is a wittol.

ForensicFossilForensicFossilover 3 years ago
No Case Against the Law Firm

The continual error of assuming a cuckold husband has a cause of action against an employer of the straying spouse and lover drives me crazy. I think it was originated by JPB's "sue for failure to enforce the company's policy and procedures manual morality clause" device. JPB is wrong on that because such a provision creates no duty towards a spouse. Such manuals invariably include a clause that specifically negates the creation of any duties to third parties. I know because I used to write such clauses and they are routinely upheld.

So, I challenge the commentariate; I know of no case in which an employer of a mentally competent adult has been held liable to the spouse of the employee due to a failure to prevent an office affair. Does anybody else have such a case to cite??

chytownchytownover 3 years ago
I Love A Fun Read****

I think you had a lot of fun writing this one. I know I had fun reading it. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Started out OK but descended into the rediculous. A btb dream but I actually laughed out loud at how stupid the second half of this story was.

This guy was married for ten years and presumably knew his wife a while longer and he never mentioned he could read lips? Really?

Then just because he says so the authorities charge his wife with attempted murder, no actual evidence, but then again that's par for the course in most btb stories.

Finally an old gal pops up out of nowhere to change her statement and the defence just surrenders.

This was about a guy known as the garbage King, very fitting imo.

dthakerdthakerover 3 years ago

Yepp. You the King.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

@johnadp Re: #2 - If you noticed, there were gaps in the lip-reading. indicated by asterisks. These are when the "speaker" is facing away from him.

dwhit48988dwhit48988over 3 years ago
To ForensicFossil.

Laws in each state are drastically different however the law of Consortium states that you can sue for the Lost of Consortium. That would mean that Stanley who is a partner in the law firm not an employee could be sued for loss of Consortium. And the partnership could also be sued because Stanley is a member of that partnership.

Family members who have loss due to accident caused by neglect of the partnership can sue. Proving neglect is a different matter, but I believe in some states that eye partnership could be at risk.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Uhh, about the gods, George...

The gods only slept with animal-fucking perverts. Sure that's the entirety of Greece, most of Wales, and a good bit of Canada but still...

CrazyCanuck65CrazyCanuck65over 3 years ago
Poorly Thought Out Story

The story started out interesting and I thought I seen where it was going, then, suddenly I read the CIA part and I burst out laughing. It was so ridiculous. I would have written it more like "I had a deaf cousin I used to hang out with that taught me to read lips"... or "I had a childhood disease that caused me to be deaf and learned to read lips" or... just about anything else but the CIA thing. But even with that, I kept reading thinking, okay... this will get better... but nope. On with a court trial and a ridiculous story about how she wanted to cuckold him even though at the start, she didn't want him to come with her at all, but suddenly she knew he would come (even though he never came with her ever in the past) and she had it all planned out to drug him... the husband she didn't want to come with her... and cuckold him?

You should take the time to plan out the whole story and make it believable. This felt like you were making it up as you went without much thought.

hermie55hermie55over 3 years ago

Thanks Skippy47, another good read! I'll leave all of the continual nitpicking to others.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Not a bad read, but .....

The CIA was a bit much. Having a deaf family member and therefore learning the skill of lip reading would have been much more realistic.

Keep up the writing. I look forward to reading more.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
More

More good stuff from Skippy. Enjoyed the unusual reveal on the cheating wife and the quick burn on everyone involved. My kind of story.

johnadpjohnadpover 3 years ago
@Sbrooks103x Regarding My Comment

For him to be able to lip read their conversation it would mean that when each person stops talking they would have to make a complete 180 degree turn so he could see the face of the other person. And this done over and over each time one of them stops talking. So, I took the gaps are when the person slightly moves, someone else dances between him and the dancers, or the distance or lighting creates a gap in his being able to see. Unless they were doing line dancing, or conveniently making a 180 turn each time one person starts talking, I can't see how he could lip read their continuous and ongoing conversation.

I'm assuming they weren't dancing right next to him so he was talented enough to lip read people at a distance, while moving (dancing), and likely in a crowd of others dancing around them. Maybe that talent extended to being able to lip read through the back of someone's head as well. Apparently the garbage world's gain was the CIA's loss of a very talented operative.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Very thin on story!

I tolerated this story for it was so predictable. There was more to the shenanigans of the court case than the actual story. You obviously a good writer here however you got lazy! Flash story or not - BTB is about the discovery and the burning of the bitch - in this case!

Crusader235Crusader235over 3 years ago
Stopped

Stopped after the first few paras', You're Rich but to cheap to hire a private investigator. Dumbass!

tralan69ertralan69erover 3 years ago

I liked the story. It was something that could possibly happen. More original than so many stories we see here. Besides that it is Sipppys story and anything could happen

@johnadp, if you would read the whole story rather than skimming, you will have all of your questions answered.

1. He said he had drank about 1/4 of the drink.

2. He was able to read her lips better than his because of the dancing. And the conversation was most likely interrupted and not a continuing conversation. They probably only talked when they were close so as not have to talk any louder than necessary.

3. He didnt know how strong the drugs that they put in his drink. He had hoped that by not drinking all he would be ok to get home. He also said he had run into some bushes not another vehicle.

4.Janet was sure they would not be charged, until she saw the lady that she had told the powder she put in the drink was something to help a hangover be less painful.

I didnt see anywhere that there were others that saw her put drugs in his drink.

I hope that this has helped you with your questions.

Have a great day.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Reasonable

Reasonable story,pity the settlement didn't bankrupt the firm so that all the other commentators of garbage king put downs didn't lose their jobs.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

@johnadp, I thought my explanation was clear, apparently not. He WASN'T "reading through anyone's head." Where the conversation has asterisks indicates where he couldn't see their lips, i.e. he COULDN'T see through their heads.

FantasyTrainFantasyTrainover 3 years ago

Great story! 5 STARS PLUS!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The Da Best

5

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I WAS GOING TO COMMENT ON A COMMENT.......................................

But damn if tralan69er didn't cover all the pertinent details. Mave Johnadp should have read the story before making comments about details. I am guilty of making comments after simply skimming but that's usually about content. When I start reading some cuckold faggot bullshit that didn't make it obvious that's what was to start with, I will skim to the end in the hope an actual man wrote the story. I will make a general statement that shit like that should have its own category or at least some identifying notation so cromagnons like me don't waste any time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The husband had a great gift.......

And he used it...I loved the fact that this story was different...and this guy's gift was what saved his life...but I still would have liked to see what this wife was thinking, feeling and wheather she was scared out of her wits....knowing what was going to happen to her....after all...what she did was half the story here....I hate guessing what she went through...reading about it...is why I read these stories....only the end was a little bit of a let down here..........

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The stories are offered for entertainment, NOT dissection material! A whole lot of people obviously NEED A LIFE. Thank you for your story Skippy!

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

"I had been recruited out of college by the CIA." started laughing, saved myself the time of another superhero accidentally cuckolded before using his superpowers story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This story needs a Part 2.

Detailing why the wife did what she did.

She lost respect for her husband I guess because he was in garbage. No matter how rich he was he was still in garbage.

Also mentioned in part 2 should be that she found out her lover did want her husband dead so she could inherit all his assets and then he could marry her and live the life HE felt he deserved.

Maybe we will see it soon Skippy.

Diecast1Diecast1about 3 years ago

Definitely needs part 2. AA++

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What a spoiled, entitled Bitch! I would love to see she got some special attention in jail. Hopefully with a broom stick with splinters!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I like the story, but the CIA part was too far out there. As a story though it was pretty good

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Excellent!

You fixed my minor distaste from your last tale I read. This was a tremendous BTB tale and her fucking lover got punished even worse. He hot everything, she got jail time. Tremendous.

Don't give me shit for my absence of correct proper writing. I write as I speak, South Philly style.

Five Sraes

RanDog025RanDog025almost 3 years ago

YEAH! TAKE THAT YOU CHEATING SCUM, lol Great story. Loved it, yeah!

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 2 years ago

Why do they bury lawyers 9 ft deep instead of 6ft? Deep down they aren’t that bad.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 2 years ago

This story contains all good choices by the author. Every detail exists in just enough form to move the story forward quickly. It's very well written.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

This overly worn trope "I had never told Janet that I had been recruited out of college by the CIA." ground this right to a halt for me.

SwordWielderSwordWielderabout 2 years ago

Great story. I wonder what will happen to Janet's law career since she will be a convicted felon guilty of murder? I wonder if her family will have anything to do with her (hey Janet, will you get the iced tea and serve everyone?) I think she is just at the start of a very long road or regretting many of her decisions in life. She had been married to a rich man, and he paid for her to get further education and enhance her career. Being book smart doesn't necessarily mean the person is smart in other areas. Janet's actions based on her sense of entitlement put her dead center in Karma's scope. She'll spend a few years behind bars, and then once she gets out will be starting over at rock bottom since her career is dead. Not only that, why would any decent man want to have any relationship with her when she is convicted of attempting to murder her husband with her lover. Once she gets out, her life will suck - minimum wage jobs - maybe cleaning crew, waitress, janitor, etc... And for her love live she has only a few choices left - one night stands with people that don't know who she is, masturbation, or switching teams and giving up men. Either way she probably will be lonely and have lots of cats for company.

alvinjfrazieralvinjfrazieralmost 2 years ago

5stars. Flash story, and fiction. I totally get that this is short, sweet, and to the point. But, there are so many other ways to have verifiable lip-reading skills other than the CIA. In fact, in a story this short, the source of his expertise didn't need explanation; just proof of his accuracy. Still very entertaining. "Payback is a bitch, and her stripper name is Kharma!"

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A great story except for the CIA part. Lip reading is a unique spin, but tying it to the CIA was a stretch. Still a 5 star story in spite of that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good story in lieu of the CIA drivel.

Methinks legal eagle Janet fucked herself

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

2 reasons, and both in the last paragraph... so, not a 5. Sorry. Not that it was otherwise flawless, but we commonly overlook minor details.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ok. I gave it a 4, as I liked the story. I also realize that it is impossible to give all the back information, on one of these. However, WHY would Janet want to drug her husband, and then have sex with her lover, in the same bed? If everything had went according to plan, she would have been charged with Murder. Surely the hotel camera would have picked up the two of them dragging hubby into the room. So how would she spin that to the police? The idea she was just after his money, made much more sense. And I am sure, there would have been ways to “ off” hubby, without implicating her. Women can be cold, heartless bitches. But they aren’t stupid. It was obvious to the other employees, wifey and her lover were a “ thing”. So mixing business, and pleasure, would have been a stupid risk, that never would have happened.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

RIGHTO!!!

FILTHY RICH.

Nothing screams success like off-shore banking.

Live well and prosper.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Story did not get a favorable grade from myself.

I came from the lower class of people so I know what being a garbage man is sort of like.

Women are better than men in reading lips especially when they have knowledge of the subject matter.

Usually lawyers don't get convicted so easily. My take is

the story was to down pat, no contest; grade 3

ReadyOneReadyOneover 1 year ago

I assume he would relate to the police his "hearing" room 322 as he read lips. A quick records check would be another nail in the plotter's coffin.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Seems like quite a leap to drug and cuckold your husband in the same room. Sounded like yo her it was some sick fantasy. Suspect the guy wanted the MC dead so he could move in. Except they would not get away with it. Why? Upon death, a toxic screen would be done. Wife would be first suspect. And a witness saw her putting something in his drink. Then she would roll on her lover while pressured. As soon as she saw that she had been seen putting something into her husband's drink, she should have bailed and reset, tossing the drink. It is just that simple. She and her lover were both stupid. Btw why no mention of room 322 in the trial?

moultonknobmoultonknobabout 1 year ago

What a load of fucking rubbish

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman12 months ago

LOL to Garbage Queen. Maybe a "Doublewide" with Lucille?

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Very good story. Thanks, Skippy.

5 stars. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

oldtwitoldtwit11 months ago

Made me smile, quite well thought out

Just_WordsJust_Words10 months ago

I'm always looking for a story with a unique angel and this did not disappoint. It's hard to be original here, but the author succeeded. Very good story.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19699 months ago

This should be in the non-erotica category and the consequences still don't feel severe enough.

FluidswallowerFluidswallower6 months ago

Thanks for a well-written, really fun read!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Even better the second time around! 5 - Stars!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Pretty damn good. Although a good lawyer would have asked how accurate could you have been if you were under the influence of drugs? That would have dragged the story out and you could have had some real fun with it.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Is it an American thing to express the fraction 'one fourth' instead of 'a quarter'? I've come across this curious trait in a number of stories by different authors and it puzzles me.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

'one fourth' vs 'a quarter'. Depends on the American. Depends on the non-American English speaker. But most of all depends on context.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I happened across Anon's question about one fourth as opposed to a quarter. Americans use both. But look at others that have no ready co-phrase, like one fight, one sixth, etc. I might read this story. (I saw the comment on the Comments page.)

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Brilliant! 5

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous