All Comments on 'Reader's Block Ch. 02 - Next Gen'

by cookingwithgas

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percy6 months ago

Exciting story!

5

MightyheartMightyheart6 months ago

Stylish writing.

Good one

WisquejacWisquejac6 months ago

Excellent. Thanks.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc6 months ago

Great follow-up! Does John get to move on on chapter 3? Does he start playing piano in Seattle? ;) 4.7*

WhackdoodleWhackdoodle6 months ago

Rape and blackmail mean it doesn’t matter.

She. Was. Raped. Her actions as a result of that blackmail meant it continued to be rape. She couldn’t consent because that had been taken from her and you sit here, writing your story and blaming her because she “might” have flirted with Mario?

If she flirted, Mario wouldn’t have had to drug her. If she was willing, Mario wouldn’t have blackmailed her into having sex. Blaming her for what happened is despicable and you should be ashamed of yourself.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

????????

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu6 months ago

It was a good, well-written story.

The writer got it quite clearly across to his reader just how amateurish MC John was, how sloppy he handled Mitch's situation. They (Devon and John) should have gotten the cops involved as it increasingly became risky for amateurs to handle. The element of surprise John had in the beginning over the antagonists quickly disappeared when he had too many meetings with Mitch. He was already exposed, so he should have gone to the cops.

Good job @cookingwithgas.

Thanks.

Burner70Burner706 months ago

Utter crap. Go back to BTB.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Great story, but how did Gwen know who John was at the hospital? Did she have a habit of dropping "Help me!" Notes in front of strangers?

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Quite brilliant. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Clever writing. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Because it was all interstate

That means between state so fbi IS involved.

Intrastate is word you needed

lujon2019lujon20196 months ago

Gwen got what she deserved

.

I've never understood the "you dont understand honey, I HAD to trat you like shit and keep having sex with my rapist. If I didnt he would have told you I was raped. Dont you see you knowing I was raped would have been far worse than me continuously cheating on you" story line

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Damn Good!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

The biggest sin in LW is overwriting, especially those who make a decent point in dialogue and then spend another hundred words on what their characters say and what it means. Your writing is an example of NOT doing that. The other biggest sin (starting to creep into Dante's space) is writers who write the same story over and over. They turn all Sally Fields on us and decide to write for the adulation. I know you're a published commercial writer, so we mere aspirants and aspiring sycophants need to study your work. Thanks for sharing your craft and insight with us.

-TJY

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x6 months ago

"Because it was all interstate, the feds weren't involved" - Actually, the feds ARE interested in interstate. It's INTRAstate where it's all within a state's borders.

\

"We made our way to the second floor. ,,, There was no second floor there." - Huh?

\

"so in a draw, he might come out the victor." - First, I'm no weapons expert, but I can't see how 5 feet is so much more accurate than 6 or 7 feet. Second, in a draw, yes, but Mario's gun is pointed down, and John's pointed at Mario. As soon as Mario starts raising his gun, shoot him.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Didn't do it for me. Too contrived and the pacing was wrong The characters were under developed I think I gave the first part four stars. This one gets three

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

That woman is such a stupid slut even she knows she doesn't deserve to live

PrincessNutNutPrincessNutNut6 months ago

How odd, I'd just read Reader's Block.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Brooksie- come on!! He clearly wrote the warehouse section was one large story - 2/3 of it. Like a pull barn. You’ve seen those right? One small section may have stairs leading to a second or even third floor, while most of it doesn’t.

I am a weapons expert, and the author might be one too. His statement is correct. As an instructor you explain to your student the odds of hitting your target based on feet from target. Your chance of hitting your target center mass are exponentially higher at 5’ and closer.

To the author, I agree with JPB. I got you were trying to write in a different style and it was well written but I’ve gotten so used to your works that this one left me dissatisfied.

NotSomeBubbaNotSomeBubba6 months ago

From many of the comments, I must be a unicorn; I don't read looking for typo's, syntax errors and on and on - I read because I enjoy it. This was a story well told, and I can only hope for another installment (or 2!) Thanks for writing it.

bobareenobobareeno6 months ago

This writer is definitely cooking with gas!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

A very enjoyable read. Thank you!

XluckyleeXluckylee6 months ago

I am one of your readers who looks for stories I enjoy even with some writing mistakes. This is a very good story. 5 stars from Xluckylee

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades5 months ago

Enjoyed the story. Thanks for your writing.

TrustingagainTrustingagain5 months ago

Always enjoy your stories. And in most cases you have to have faith and move on. Hope that she’s either learned a lesson or eventually has Karma served.

GardenshedGardenshed15 days ago

Good story, lots of emotion. Well written, thanks for sharing…….

5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usercookingwithgas@cookingwithgas
Romance novelist, under pen name K.L. Denison. You can follow me on Amazon, KDP and coming soon on SmashWords Like writing and posting free stories for others' enjoyment - often just to clear a writer's block. Real life can be pretty boring, so I strive to avoid the common ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Reader's Block Previous Part
Reader's Block Series Info