All Comments on 'Reading the Defense Ch. 05'

by ILmonamour

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
naughtycouturenaughtycouturealmost 13 years ago
wow

I absolutely love this story. I've been waiting and watching for the next chapter to be posted and I'm so happy there was a new one this morning. I love Gabe and Sam together, even through his being an ass and her holding in her true feelings. Funny enough, what they are going through is something I went through with my husband. I kept my true feelings hidden because I didn't want to upset him when things were bad (in between jobs and in a financial mess). He got pissed because he felt I didn't trust him enough to handle my feelings. In retrospect, I totally see how my good intentions really were hurting him and drove a big wedge between us. It took time to overcome, but eventually we did. I am a teacher and (tho he is NOT a football coach) his personality is almost exactly like that of Gage. It's amazing how sometimes you find a story that you can relate to better than any other.

I cannot wait to see where you take this. They both have some apologizing to do and some explaining. But, they are so good together that they have to find a way to make it work. Any woman would be lucky to have a man like him... the depth of love he feels and the connection they share is amazing. He's just never had to find this balance before, and it's hard work. And the same goes for her. It's just going to take a lot of work and a conscious effort to change those behaviors that bother and upset the other.

Please don't keep us waiting too long to find out what happens. And for the make-up sex that I'm sure will be passionate and oh so hot!

EastCoastChickPAEastCoastChickPAalmost 13 years ago
WOW

I can not believe it turned out to be 4 pages!!! As I said before... very well done and I LOVE IT!!! Keep up the great work hon!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Wow x 3

Awesome series. You are a talented writer it appears you have some great editors on your team as well.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Need the next installment soon.

After such a gloomy chapter, the next one is needed soon.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
CONFLICT

OK, you guys are correct, life doesn't exist in a vacuum. But, the conflict that you created was forced. You needed an event to trigger the issue.

For instance, if you had used Sam's faculty party as the trigger for the conflict it would have been a natural progression. The fact that her sister (or whom ever it was) mentioned that she should express her displeasure was not (to me) complelling.

I bring all of this up only because of your comments in the beginning of this chapter.

Otherwise I am thuroughly enjoying this story.

I wish I could spell!!!

PennLadyPennLadyalmost 13 years ago
finally caught up

Nice job. :) I do think the conflict was perhaps a bit forced, but the reactions afterwards were real. I'm sure they'll get past it, but it's interesting to see how.

RedbeakRedbeakalmost 13 years ago
A very contrived chapter

I understand that you want to have some conflict between Sam and Gabe so that you can bring them back together with a flourish and make their final commitment to each other all the sweeter, but this situation is forced and unconvincing. It's an argument about nothing. Sorry, I was enjoying the story very much until now.

LoneStarRiderLoneStarRideralmost 13 years ago
And there, you have it.

Relationships have a way of being difficult. Especially, if there is a communication breakdown.

Good writing!

ambush184ambush184almost 13 years ago
okay

Only one question, when's the next chapter coming? I'm really getting into this story.

EastCoastChickPAEastCoastChickPAalmost 13 years ago
Conflict about nothing???

Tons of people have conflicts/fights about nothing. I've done that tons with my husband. The simple question "What do you want for dinner?" has turned into a screaming match. Of course that was at the start of our relationship but that is exactly where these two characters are at now. THE START. That is always the most difficult time when a fight can break out over something as simple as a sneeze to something more serious such as cheating. Just my opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Great Stuff

I very much agree with preceeding comments, both about the realism of the situation and the somewhat forced phone conversation. BUT I do love the story and please let us have final chapter-s soon.

Also keep writing, I for one appreciate you talent.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userILmonamour@ILmonamour
256 Followers
10/15/2012 Thanks to all that have dropped in and taken some time to read a few stories. Your comments and feedback mean the world. Cheers

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES