Ready to Run Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She took a couple of steps back towards the road and stared at him. He supposed he did look crazy. "McBride. Reynolds, that's where I recognize the name. Laura Reynolds was McBride's General Counsel."

She nodded, "She's my sister. And that's why Kerr came to the library today. Looking for her."

"Where is she?"

"I don't know, for sure. With Ryan somewhere. He's her husband and the father of her new baby." She paced back and forth some more.

"He just showed up yesterday. And all hell broke loose. I mean, Laura always figured that the feds might come for her. Hell, we made S-H-T-F plans, just in case. But now all that has changed."

She ran her hands through her hair, most of it had come loose from the ponytail anyway. "Ryan took Laura and the baby somewhere. She sent Elena and Brad off on another mission trip to Central America. And I was supposed to meet Mama at Jack's casino. But Kerr came before I could get there. I don't know what the fuck is going on. If any of them are safe."

Will could tell that shock was setting in. He bet it was not every day that the little librarian shot a man. Even if Kerr did deserve far worse. But right now, they did not have time for her to break down. He got off his bike and walked over to her. He wrapped his arms around her and drew her against him. Damn, it felt perfect the way her head fit just under his chin.

"I promise it'll be alright. We'll figure something out." He said though he knew it was a promise he might not be able to keep.

S-H-T-F was a phrase that Will was more than familiar with. And over the past couple of weeks, the shit had definitely hit the fan. His life. And hers. But it went much deeper than that. It was this nation and world too. Something was brewing, and Will knew that.

Every bit as much as he knew that nothing would ever feel more right than holding this woman in his arms like this.

12