Real Love Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Holy fucking shit," he grins, then laughs as he sees Kelly laughing at his expression. "This is a serious bad ass boat."

Brad sits on the upper deck for ten minutes as the Captain slows the boat down, reveling in the blast of fresh air in his face, then he yawns so Kelly suggests they go back downstairs. Once they are seated in the cabin, one of Captain Wales' crew brings them coffee and fruit juice and Brad pours himself a cup.

"So, I need to talk to you about Security, Brad."

"Okay," Brad nods. "But you may half to tell me again cause I'm getting tired."

He figures that there is bound to be some security on the island, so he's about to get a briefing on it.

"From this point forward, and in many different ways, you're going to be a target," she says frankly, taking him by surprise.

He blinks.

"A target?"

"Yes. In many different ways. Because you're worth a lot of money, you'll be a high-level target for kidnappers, people will try to con you, the media will pursue you, women will try and seduce you, politicians will try and court you, basically you'll be sought after in many different ways."

Brad laughs, drawing a frown from Kelly. It's not the reaction she expects, but it's one particular line in there that makes him laugh.

"Women will try and seduce me? I think you can chuck that one off as a non-existent threat," he tells her.

For all Brad's life he's been the pursuer and not particularly successful at it either. He's had a few girlfriends, but nothing serious, and certainly no-one he wants to spend a great deal of time with either, but he always had to do the work. Brad doesn't think a woman has ever put the moves on him in his entire life, with the definite exception of Stacy.

Kelly sighs and clasps her hands together.

"Okay, Brad. Are you aware of perception?"

"You mean what you see?"

"No, I mean how others see you. How your perception of yourself differs from how others perceive you."

He shrugs, no longer laughing.

"Can't say I've given it much thought. You mean like an image though?"

"Sort of. Let me explain how people will perceive you, assuming you end up accepting everything that's on the table from this trip."

"Okay," he replies.

"From out of nowhere comes this guy, one of the heirs to the Packard billions, and he looks a lot like Danny Packard himself. He's slim, in pretty decent shape and by the time the stylists have been over him, he's looking pretty good. He has a masters degree in business from Stanford so he's bright, and no-one really knows anything about him. With me so far?"

Brad nods, listening.

"So this guy is rich, tall, dark hair, well groomed, smartly dressed and single. He's got sports cars, helicopters, boats and an unlimited supply of cash, so he can pretty much do whatever he wants, when he wants, go wherever he wants and anyone he chooses to take with him is going to have the time of their life, right?"

"Yeah, but that's not me," he points out.

"It is you Brad. That's how people will perceive you," Kelly says quickly. "Guys will be envious of you, women will be attracted to you and you'll be on the cover of magazines all over the world."

Despite the tablet earlier, he suddenly feels his stomach tense right up. Brad shakes his head.

"I'm sorry though, Kelly, but I'm not an attractive guy. I've never been good with women and I've always had to do the chasing."

"And in the future, many of the women who laughed in your face before, will throw themselves at you now," Kelly adds.

"Why?"

"Because you have everything they could possibly want in life," she shrugs. "On a genetic level, you'll turn some women on simply because you're rich and you'll be able to care better for any possible children they could have and that'll make them want to mate with you, one of those genetic urges, for the same reason so many women think Simon Cowell is hot."

"I thought that's because he oozes confidence though."

"So does a double-glazing salesman," she points out. "Besides, soon you'll have more confidence about you than even Simon Cowell does. Plus, he's an asshole. You don't seem like that kind of guy."

Brad rubs at his head for a minute, thinking.

"So, if what you say is true, I can pretty much get my pick of women?"

"Pretty much," she agrees. "And therein lies the problem. If women are easy for you, then the ones who play hard to get, become attractive to you, right? That means you can be manipulated. Then you score and the next thing there's a sex-tape on the internet and some girl is famous... and soon, rich. Or you've got a baby scandal on your hands and you're paying millions every year in alimony payments and some girl who's smart enough to seduce you is set up for life. Do you see where I'm coming from?"

"The picture is coming into focus, so yes," he shrugs. "I'm still not convinced that women will throw themselves at me though. That sounds a little too unreal, even for my weirdest day ever."

"Well, that's only one particular threat out of many. Throw in the risk of kidnappers, con men, paparazzi, people trying to spike your drinks and basically your life just becomes a lot more restricted than you thought it might be."

"So if you're right, then I'll have the money to be able to do whatever I want, but I won't be able to do whatever I want?"

"That's somewhat correct," Kelly nods.

"Whereas yesterday I could do whatever I want, but don't have the money to do whatever I want," he states.

"More or less."

"So what's the point of being rich?"

"Different people want to do different things, have different motivations," Kelly explains. "As soon as you figure out what you want to do with your life, you'll have goals you can strive towards. For now, just take each day at a time and try not to go crazy."

Brad sits and thinks about that for a few minutes, then asks another question.

"So how does it work then?"

"The security side of things? You'll have a bodyguard, usually several, depending on where you are and what you're doing, but there'll be one guy who stays with you, looks after you and advises you if something gets too risky. I suggest you listen to him if he says that though."

"So who's mine?" Brad asks.

"That depends who you pick to do the job. We do have a shortlist of suitable candidates though, but in the meantime, the Island is secure so it's not an immediately pressing concern."

A thought strikes Brad.

"So, that's why this boat is so kick-ass, but only used as a ferry?"

Kelly smiles, pleased that he's made the connection.

"If you're on the water, you're vulnerable, so the boat has the power to get us far away from any threats very quickly and if there's any we can't outrun, then Captain Wales and his crew are more than capable of fighting off any threats. He's an ex Navy SEAL and so is his crew."

"Wow," Brad murmurs.

This is serious stuff, he realizes and he sits quietly considering it all for a while. If what Kelly said is true, even if he ends up returning to his normal life after a few days, he's still a target and it won't be a normal life anymore. Brad's life has truly changed and he's feeling the weight of that change on his shoulders.

Brad turns to Kelly.

"Do you give hugs?" Brad asks.

"If required," she nods.

He puts his arms around her, holds her very tight and pushes his head into her neck. The weight of his new world just hit him like a ton of bricks. He begins to convulsively sob. Kelly didn't expect this reaction so she just holds him without saying a word.

Minutes later, he regains his composure and releases his grip on her. He brushes the tears away and sits up.

"Sorry. I just had to get it over with. It just hit me about all the stuff you've told me so far. Reality can be such a drag sometimes," he says clearing his eyes and face.

She offers him some tissues. This is a first for Kelly. She's wondering if he will be able to handle himself in the future with all the pressures that will soon be upon him, or will he decide to walk away.

"That's okay Brad. I can handle it. Are you okay?"

"I will be, now that I have experienced a major reality check. It's time for me to man up and get on with the rest of my life," he says, sadly.

As reality strikes him a hard blow, he still doesn't know if it's for the better, or worse, but it's certainly going to be different.

As the Island comes into view, Brad stands up at the windows for a better look. It's gorgeous. A tropical paradise of palm trees and beautiful white sand beaches. The cliffs that rise up out of the water to the east and west are natural and rugged, and the structures he can see seem to enhance their natural beauty rather than detract from it.

"It's better than I imagined," Brad admits.

"I know," Kelly says, now standing beside him. "I love it here."

* * * * *

Brad can feel the nerves building in his stomach again as the boat approaches the pier and all too soon, they're alongside it as the crew ties Betsy against it. He can see several people waiting at the end of the pier and he takes a deep breath, then lets it out slowly.

"What's the Island Manager guy's name again?" he asks.

"Charles," Kelly replies. "It's the guy there with the white hair and the black shirt. He always wears black shirts."

"Why?" Brad asks, more to keep the conversation going than out of any real interest.

"Don't know. He just does," Kelly chuckles. "I have no idea why I even brought that up."

"So what happens now?"

She turns to face him.

"You'll meet Charles. He'll walk you up to the main house, show you your suite and probably give you a quick briefing on the Island over a cup of tea. He likes his cups of tea. Anyway, by the time he's done with that, your luggage should be in your suite, and you've got around eight hours before your sisters arrive."

"They're both coming?" Brad asks, not knowing how Mr Alden got along with them.

"Oh, did I not say?" Kelly scowls. "Sorry, Brad. Yes, they're both coming."

"Okay."

He feels that little lurch of excitement at the thought of seeing them again, and looks unhappy.

"Brad. Can I just say something," Kelly says softly, moving a step closer to him.

"Sure."

"You know it can't happen again, right?" she wonders, her voice low. "You and Stacy, I mean."

"I'm not an idiot, Kelly. That goes without saying," he replies immediately, giving her a look. "Believe me, I know. This is fucked up enough as it is without anything else happening. I don't really need anything else to screw my life up at this point."

She nods quickly.

"Good. I just wanted to... make sure you're aware."

"I'm definitely aware, Kelly. Why do you ask? Would you snitch on me if I did? Just remember, you're not my mom or dad. I'm an adult and I don't need you telling me that which is obvious," Brad snaps.

"Brad, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to piss you off," she says as she put her hand on his arm.

"It's okay, Kelly. Apology accepted. I guess I'm just grumpy from lack of sleep. I shouldn't have jumped down your throat like that. I'm sorry as well. I'm getting very tired. I may need help shortly. I feel myself getting weaker by the minute."

"Noted... Apology accepted Brad. Shall we disembark then?" Kelly says and smiles. "Go and explore paradise? We can run through the rest of your schedule later."

Because she pissed Brad off so soon in their relationship, she makes a mental note to discuss relationships with him later.

Brad squares his shoulders and nods.

"Okay."

The steps to the gangplank lets him know how tired he really is. Kelly leads him up the gangplank and onto the pier and the first person to step forward is Charles, an elderly gent in his early sixties. Brad shakes hands with Charles, noticing he has a tight, firm grip.

"Welcome to the Island, Master Weber," Charles says, his accent like the stiff upper lip British you hear in an old sitcom like Fawlty Towers.

"Brad is fine, Charles, and thanks," Brad says.

"May I indulge you for me to call you Master Bradley please?" he asks as Brad nods. "Welcome to the Island. If you would be so kind as to follow me?"

Brad nods, realizing he isn't going to be introduced to the four men and women waiting nearby. They're dressed identically in purple polo shirts and black trousers, and he realizes they must be some of the staff from the Island, probably there to carry his luggage to his suite.

As Charles begins walking along the wooden pier, its thick planks are held up by wide round posts sunk into the earth that reach waist height.

Brad follows, feeling the heat already in the air despite it's been only an hour or so since the sun came up. The water on either side of the pier is the clearest blue he's ever seen, like something from a picture postcard and the white sand on the beach matches it perfectly.

The pier ends at a wide flagstone pathway leading straight up the beach and into the trees as Charles continues to lead them straight up the hill.

"This is the main pathway from the main beach, Master Bradley," Charles explains as they walk. "There are a number of pathways that crisscross the Island, but I'm not going to show them all to you now. We're simply going to head to the main house, which is directly up this hill."

The path is excessively steep for a tired Brad as it rises up from the beach, but not at such an angle that stairs are required. As they enter the tree line, Brad slows and looks at the palm trees shading them, rising tall and majestic in a myriad of curves, casting angular shadows over the path. Then he feels a weakness caused by his sudden dispense of energy, his lack of sleep and the heat of the day.

"Please keep up, Master Bradley," Charles says briskly as he strides ahead. Brad glances back at Kelly, who gives him a quick grin then nods that he should get going. Brad turns to face Charles.

"I'm sorry Charles, but I have slept very little in the last four days. I'm tired, weak, groggy and a little slow at the moment. I would appreciate it if you would cut me a little slack, please," Brad says.

"Of course, Master Bradley, of course. My apologies. I'm not aware," Charles quickly replies and snaps his fingers.

Kelly, a step behind him, catches up and puts her arm around his waist and his arm on her shoulders and gives him a little boost to help him along. She's joined by another Island staffer on the opposite side as they climb the hill.

"Now you can't say I never did anything for you. You're welcome," she jokes, smiling.

Brad smiles at her as she helps him all the way to the towers and he definitely needs the help.

They continue up the sloping path, veering around a couple of small buildings that Charles identifies as a Security office and a storeroom for scuba equipment and then a large two-story building comes into view.

"The lower floor of this building houses the Island's medical facilities and some administrative offices. The upper floor is my home and office, should you ever need to find me," Charles announces. "Our path leads to the left now."

They round the building and Brad finds himself on a wide wooden walkway that reminds him of Mister Miyagi's garden in the original 'Karate Kid' movie. It's slightly above the level of the gardens beneath and is lined by palm trees on either side. The far Eastern influences are obvious and as Brad's eyes follow it, he pauses, seeing the main house for the first time.

It's a mixture of ancient Japanese and Caribbean, a strange combination, but one that really works in the surroundings. A two story circular central tower is flanked on either side by three story circular towers. The main structural beams are all wood instead of rice paper doors and walls and the clear glass windows turn opaque at the touch of a button. The roofs are circular, like you'd expect to see on a beach hut, and the whole structure looks like it's made from natural materials.

"That's gorgeous," Brad says excitedly.

"Thank you very much, Master Bradley," Charles replies, stopping. "It took me nearly four months to get the designs right and another eight months to build. It took several months to get the materials and the work force to build it, but I'm rather proud of it."

"You designed it?"

"Yes, Master Bradley," the old man nods. "Architecture has always held a fascination for me. In fact, I'm fortunate enough to say, all the buildings on the Island are my designs. They're also hurricane proof, able to withstand winds up to 300mph and gusts up to 450mph without even creaking a sound."

"Very impressive, Charles," Brad says and sees the old man crack a smile.

"If you'll follow me please."

Charles leads off again, heading for the main house.

"Well done, Brad," Kelly whispers as they move to follow. "Charles likes to be flattered."

Brad shrugs and nods, only trying to be honest.

They follow Charles up to a wide flagstone patio and as they approach the house, Brad can see inside the ground floor of the central tower which is a smooth polished wood that's reflecting a bright light into his eyes. The balcony on the second floor extends all the way around the structure and the two attaching towers. A dining table, that must be able to seat thirty people, takes up the right side of the room and the left is split into several seating areas, wide sofas, coffee tables, and a massive fireplace is against the wall. A wide thoroughfare leads straight out open doors at the other side to a large deck area and an infinity pool with a view straight over the ocean.

"What size are the towers, Charles?" Brad asks.

"All three towers are 30.48 meters in diameter, Master Bradley. That's 100 feet for you Yanks," Charles replies smiling.

"Oh, wow."

"Oh, yes," Kelly replies. "Wait until you see the suites."

As Charles leads them inside, Brad can see wooden staircases on either side of the room leading to the floor above and wide doorways under them leading to the flanking towers.

"This place is amazing," Brad says in awe of his surroundings as his eyes continuously scans around the room.

Photographs of the Island are dotted around the walls, along with vases of flowers and plants in pots. Baskets of fruit sit on the coffee tables and as they walk out the other side, Brad sees the pool area.

"Welcome to the main house, Master Bradley," Charles says, turning to face him. "I'll just give you a quick description of the layout while the staff moves your belonging's into your suite, if that's alright?"

"Sure, but before you do that, let me sit down before I fall down," he says and sits down, taking a big load off his muscles.

"Please do Master Bradley... Well, both flanking towers have two story rectangular building attached to them, that extends to the edge of the cliffs, and they are 150 feet long and 60 feet wide, translated for you. The three towers and two rectangular buildings form a U-shape that shelters the large pool area on three sides. The remaining side opens to the ocean, facing west.

All the structures surrounding the pool are interconnected on the first and second levels. Deck chairs and sun loungers lay to the right and left of the large pool and a canopied area with tables and chairs are at my immediate right. Small flower gardens are situated on either side of the pool, next to the rectangular structures. The roof of the rectangular buildings are set up for those who like to sun bathe in the nude as they are out of sight of the pool dwellers."

"You sound like an advertisement."

"I'm sorry Master Bradley. I've said this so many times it comes out with very little thought these days," Charles says as he smiles for the first time.

"I can tell."

Charles continues, "The main social area of the house is the first floor of the central tower that we just walked through. Your suite is located on the floor above," Charles states. "If you look up, you can see the main part of the balcony that overlooks the pool area and runs around the upper floor of the three towers. On either side is a stairway leading to your balcony, 15 feet above."