Real Love Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You better put on some clothes then. Boxers and a dressing gown will do," she calls back.

Brad grabs a pair of boxers, realizing idly that it's the first time he's worn underwear since he arrived on the Island. He slips them on, and being unable to find a dressing gown, he pulls on an oversized football shirt and returns to the bedroom.

Kelly has a towel wrapped around her body and is wrapping another around her head. She smiles as she sees him and they stand close to each other.

"Thanks for the chat, Brad."

"Thanks for the massage, Kelly."

They stand looking at each other for a minute as they feel really close to each other. Brad gets an urge to give her a hug and almost does it, but gets interrupted.

"Would it be okay with you if I give you a hug, or hugs?" she asks.

"You did yesterday. Now we're even."

"I mean friendship hugs, just because you or I feel good."

"That's different."

Brad raises his arms to his abdomen and rests one under his chin.

"Let me think for a second..."

He drops his arms without hesitation, teasing her.

"It's okay with me as long as I can do the same. Deal?" Brad replies.

"Deal. This is the best deal I've ever made. Thanks Brad," she says smiling.

Kelly's smile is enough to give an old man a heart attack. She's so attractive Brad is doing everything he can to control himself.

They hug, and it feels awesome!

"Just out of curiosity, how long have you wanted to do that?" Brad asks.

"Since our hug yesterday. It made me feel good."

"Same for me and I was going to ask you about hugs just now, but you beat me to the punch. Funny how we think alike sometimes."

"Funny for sure. You better head outside to meet her ladyship," Kelly suggests, breaking the hug.

"You take all the fun out of things sometimes," he replies, grinning. "See you in a bit."

Kelly is smiling to herself, but also kicking herself because she feels she exposed too much of herself to him. It's going to make her job harder because now, she has to fight off his advances. But why did she even do it? Yes, he's really easy to talk to, not to mention HOT. Water under the bridge now. She just has to be more careful what she tells him from now on.

* * * * *

Brad goes outside, lights a cigarette and barely manages to sit down before Margaret arrives with a determined look, maybe a pissed off look. He can't tell.

She has someone with her this time, a short woman with blonde hair who she introduces as Brenda, and between them, they're carrying several items of clothing in clear plastic hangars.

Brad ditches his cigarette and follows them into the lounge area of his suite where he's ordered to take off his top, put on a black collarless shirt, then given a pair of trousers, so he slips them on. While he's getting dressed, Margaret disappears into his bedroom, emerging a few minutes later with a shoe box.

He can immediately feel the quality of the clothing he's wearing, and the trousers seem to fit him perfectly. Margaret pulls a pair of black shoes out of the box, a sock already sitting in each shoe, so Brad slips them on too, then stands up.

"The fit looks good," Brenda says quietly, very timidly.

"Of course it does," Margaret snaps. "I measured it myself... Walk around."

"Me?" Brad asks.

She looks at him like he's dumber than a box of rocks, so he shakes his head, but does as asked, walking back and forth, from side to side until they are satisfied that the trousers are a perfect fit.

Margaret hands him a waistcoat, a rich black color that matches the trousers, then fiddles with the strap at the back until it fits him perfectly. He receives a frown and a lecture on how he should never fasten the bottom button, but at that point they're interrupted by Stacy and Nikki appearing in the doorway.

"Oh, my," Stacy says, looking at him.

"Very nice work, Margaret," Stacy says, nodding as she examines Brad. "Brad, you really suit that color. And keep doing what you're doing at the gym, because it's really working."

Um, thanks," he replies, a little amused.

He meets Stacy's eye and she nods at him, then winks.

"Jacket," Margaret orders and Brenda hurries over with it.

Margaret stands behind him and slips it on over his shoulders, patting the sleeves, and tugging at the back.

"Turn around. Walk about."

Brad does, glancing down at the jacket as he does so. He feels smart, much smarter than he ever did in a new suit at work. This is something else entirely. He sits in a chair to feel how it feels on him.

"That'll do," Margaret says, nodding.

"What about a tie?" Brad asks.

"No tie. No collar. That's what you wear to the funeral," she orders, then turns to Brenda. "Now go and get Ms Stacy's outfit and bring it here."

Then she whips back to Brad.

"Go and see Shiro right now and tell him to trim your facial hair."

"After breakfast," Brad says.

"Did I say after breakfast?" Margaret snaps.

"No, Margaret. I believe I said it!" Brad says and stands up, his expression turns tense. "Are we going to have another one of these conversations where I tell you I don't like your tone, because amazing suit or not, I won't tolerate you speaking to me like that. Are we clear?"

She opens her mouth to say something, but seeing Brad's expression darken, she thought better of it and heads toward the door, leaving Brenda to clear the bags.

"Margaret!" Brad yells.

She stops near exit and looks at him.

"Thanks for the suit," Brad says and winks at her.

She returns a smile as she turns and departs. Stacy and Nikki follow her out.

"I didn't think anyone could shut her up like that," Brenda says quickly. "It made my day."

"Glad I could help," Brad says and smiles, giving her a fist bump. "Things will change for you in time Brenda. Just hang in there for a while. Okay?"

"Okay Master Bradley," she says as he winks at her.

Brenda gets all the clothes and leaves. He turns to get changed and sees Kelly standing in the hallway to her room as he goes by, watching him.

"Enjoy that?" she asks as she follows him into his bedroom.

"Shutting her up? Hell, yes."

"Nice suit," she says, eyeing him up. "Really nice suit."

He shrugs, saying, "I like it... You're not eying me up are you?"

"Of course not," she says as she winks at him. "I'll hang it up when you take it off so it doesn't get wrinkled. Margaret will come back in and check. Breakfast is in the bar this morning."

"I can hang it up Kelly. You don't have to do everything for me. Okay?"

"As you wish boss."

"Please don't call me boss. I will appreciate it."

"As you wish."

Then Brad turns and walks to the bedroom, spots the outfit that Margaret has picked out for him for the day and shakes his head at the madness of what his life is becoming.

It takes him a few minutes to get changed, this time into a pair of black jeans, a faded T-shirt with a loose black shirt over the top, and a pair of sneakers. Smart, but informal and casual.

"Strange combination if there's guests arriving," he mutters, but shrugs it off and gathered up his phone and heads for the door.

For the third time today, he lights a cigarette, although this time he's able to smoke it in relative peace and quiet. Brad feels good. Considering how badly the day started with a good talk, then after a major argument with Kelly, it improved significantly when she slid into the bath with him and they... bonded, for lack of a better word. He wonders where her head is about him. He wants her to be his girlfriend but her rules have been interfering with his desire. Still, he thinks about her frequently.

Brad knows he's smitten with her. He knows his heart rate jumps a little every time she's near him, and jumps higher every time they hug, something he really never expected with both Stacy and Peggy around. They've been the object of his fantasies for years and he feels his body react to their presence too, although with new memories overlaying the old ones, he knows he isn't thinking of them as fantasies any more, but as real people, with real emotions and concerns and both going through the same thing he is. The fact that they're also his sisters changes things too. Kelly has replaced them in his fantasy world now.

Still, he would catch Peggy making some movement that would remind him of her lap dance, or he would see Stacy smile back at the night club and be drawn back to the pool, or her bed. Why did this happen to him? Stacy has been special to him for three years and now, she's his sister. How can that happen? Well, it has and it is what it is. Brad has to deal with it and move on.

He wonders why nothing is ever simple. But still, there's something else stirring in his mind. He's still concerned about the argument he had with Kelly and has a plan percolating in his head to deal with his desires as a leader, so it will happen soon.

Breakfast is different this day, with a buffet being provided for them as the entire staff is running about getting the place prepared for the funeral and the arrival of the guests. Nikki is off doing something, Rick is helping Charles and it fell to Kelly to bring them up to speed.

"Okay, today's going to be busy and different from the last few days," she says, putting her coffee down. "The guests are going to start arriving about ten, so there has to be one of you there to meet each of them, preferably all three. Because you're who you are, they're your guests, so you have to welcome them."

Three nods greet that, with differing degrees of nerves on each face at the thought of meeting all these A-list celebrities and business associates of Danny Packard.

"Now, Rick will keep you right as to who you should escort to their suite and who can be taken by one of us, or Charles. Keep your phones handy though, so we can keep letting you know where you need to be and when."

"Sounds like a lot of running around," Peggy replies.

"It is," Kelly nods. "It's going to be like that from ten right through until about three. There'll be times where nothing is happening and times where you need to be in three places at the same time. We'll manage it as we go."

"Okay," Brad says. "What's after that?"

"Back up to your suites, get changed into the outfits Margaret has tailored for you, and then downstairs for a few drinks before the ceremony. Meet and greet, mingle and shake hands, etc. Rick, Nikki and I will be with you to keep you right, let you know who's who, and by that time, Jack and Debi will be helping out too."

"Who are they?" Stacy asks.

"Colleagues of ours. Mr Packard had five assistants at the time of his death. Nikki, Debi, Rick, Jack and myself," Kelly explains. "Jack's been running the office and Debi has been dealing with the funeral arrangements, which is why you haven't met them yet."

"Oh, okay."

"At four, the ceremony starts. It should be wrapped up by five. Brad, you'll be speaking about four-thirty."

"Check."

"How's the speech?" Stacy asks.

"Nearly there," Brad nods. "I just need some time to go over it this morning, and I'll be good."

"You can do that after breakfast," Kelly says, nodding.

"Margaret said I have to go see Shiro to get my stubble trimmed," Brad says and chuckles as Stacy laughs.

"I think it suits you as it is," Peggy says, shrugging.

Kelly suggests, "Margaret can be a pain in the ass, but she's usually right about this stuff. Plus, he can sort your hair out. Your choice, but if I were you, I'd go see Shiro."

"Oh. Nikki said Betty or Alex will be coming up to do my hair. Peggy's too," Stacy adds.

"Yeah, I've got that," Kelly nods. "At nine, and then a touch up before the ceremony."

"So what happens after the ceremony?" Brad asks.

"Reception, back here. It's to be informal, relaxed. There'll probably be some music, drinks, canapes. Then dinner for anyone who wants it later."

"Sounds quite chilled," Peggy says.

"That's the plan," Kelly replies. "Mr Packard wants something casual and informal, just friends sitting, talking, telling stories, singing songs, relaxing."

"What about you guys?" Brad asks cautiously. "Today's going to be much harder on the five of you than it is on us. You're grieving, or you should be."

"We're busy," Kelly says and shrugs.

"Not after the ceremony though," Stacy points out, agreeing with Brad.

"I'll talk to you about it later, Brad," Kelly says quickly.

Brad shakes his head.

"No, I get that you're busy up to the ceremony, but after that, you're off duty, okay?"

Kelly smiles.

"There's no such thing as off duty in this job, Brad."

"There is now."

"That's a good idea, Brad," Stacy says. "I'm telling Nikki the same thing."

"Yeah, Rick too," Peggy adds. "He's been working really hard and can do with some time off."

"I'll talk to Debi and Jack," Brad inserts.

"I'll tell them to see you as soon as possible. You've got a lot of guests..." Kelly begins, but Brad cuts her off.

"No. You need to grieve, you need to relax and if you want to get drunk, you go right ahead. I'm sure that we can handle talking to a few strangers after coming out here all alone a few days ago, and if there's anything we need to ask, I'm sure we can find one of you."

Kelly doesn't look happy but she's smart enough to know when to pick her fights.

"There's nothing else on the schedule for today after that," Kelly says finally. "On the media side of things, our press office is getting hammered with requests, and there's been a list of people who have come forward to be interviewed by the media. We'll deal with that tomorrow," she says as she goes off to get some stuff done.

Debi and Jack find Brad a few minutes later.

"Mr Weber, you want to see us?" Debi asks.

"Are you Debi and Jack?"

They both nod.

"Hi. Nice to meet you. I'm Brad Weber," he says shaking both their hands. "I wonder if the two of you will volunteer to be available as assistants while the others take the night off. Then, sometime down the road, I will give you some time off. And I don't want either of you to talk to Kelly about it. Deal?"

"Deal," Jack says.

"Deal Mr Weber," Debi says, smiling.

"Thank you Debi and Jack, I appreciate it. I like a great team," he says as they go off to complete their chores.

As Kelly busies herself with multiple tasks, she runs into Peggy and Stacy and Brad joins in seconds later.

"Anything about my past?" Peggy asks cautiously.

"Not yet," Kelly replies. "It's worthwhile mentioning that Diablo Cody used to be a dancer until she wrote Juno. If it breaks that you used to be a dancer, then with the cover story of being a writer you can probably expect calls from the studios asking you to write something for them. They're always looking for the next someone or other, in this case Diablo Cody."

"That'll be no comfort when the press is painting me as a slut," Peggy says flatly.

"We've already got strategies prepared if that happens," Kelly replies.

Peggy doesn't look relieved and Kelly turns to Stacy.

"There's a lot of focus on your photography and they keep running the head shots you did of Missy Peregrym as examples of your work," Kelly says. "The phrase 'Celebrity Photographer' is getting used quite a lot."

"The shots with the green wall? Window behind her?" Stacy asks and Kelly nods.

"Wait," Brad says, frowning. "You've photographed Missy Peregrym? The chick from Rookie Blue?"

Stacy nods.

"Couple of years ago."

"Wow. She's hot."

Peggy chuckles, and Stacy grins.

"Now that we've established that, we should move on maybe?" Kelly says, grinning at him.

He shrugs.

"Just saying."

"She's really nice," Stacy adds.

"I'm sure you'll meet her at some point," Kelly adds. "Now then Stacy, your friends are declining media requests, but a couple of girls at college with you have said you were a bit of a party girl but can't produce any photos to support it, so that story is going nowhere. A couple of the models you've photographed have been asked questions and have been very positive about you, great photographer, professional, talented, that kind of thing."

"Who said I'm a party girl?" Stacy asks, frowning.

"I don't have the quotes in hand, but I'll get them for you tomorrow morning. Honestly, it's not worth worrying about, and in the next few months you'll get a lot of this happening. People you've never heard of will talk like they're your best friend."

"I would like to know who is lying about me, Kelly, but its not urgent. Sounds like something to look forward to," Stacy murmurs, looking unhappy.

"Well, the consensus so far is that you're a talented photographer who's making her own way in the world before you found out about your inheritance."

"What about my parents?" Stacy asks.

"One of our media people is seated on their front door step, declining interview requests from anyone who asks. They're fine."

"And me?" Brad asks.

"Well, there's a business profile which looks to have been based on your CV, so someone at the recruitment agency leaked that. One of the directors at the consulting firm gave a strong statement about how you were a candidate for fast-track promotion and would have been in a very senior position within a few years, that sort of stuff."

She pauses and looks at him.

"What else?"

"There's a girl called Katrina taking offers from the press for stories about you and a threesome with her and another girl."

Brad bursts out laughing.

"You're joking, right?"

"So there's no truth to it then?" Kelly asks.

"I wish," Brad replies, chuckling. "Never had a threesome and I've no idea who Katrina is."

"I'll get you a photo of her to see if her picture sparks anything," Kelly adds. "This does happen though, so it won't be the last time someone will try and sell a kiss-and-tell on any one of you."

"Great. Should I warn my parents or anything?" Brad asks.

"I'll take care of it," she replies. "Aside from that, there's requests for going on all the usual chat shows and newspaper interviews, stuff like that. We'll get started on that tomorrow or the day after."

"Do we have to?" Stacy asks, looking unhappy.

"We'll work that out another time. Right now we need to get a move on. Busy day," she adds. "And Stacy, today might be a good day to take some candid photographs of some of our guests if they don't mind. They'd be good to release to the press in a day or two, show that you're not just another pretty face, but also you're passionate about your photography."

"Ooh, that would be so cool," she smiles, her eyes lighting up. "I was wondering about that, but didn't want to ask."

"Nikki will talk to you at some point about starting a photo-blog of your work from here forward."

"I'll speak to her about it," Stacy nods. "Right, I need to go check my cameras, make sure they're charged."

Her face lights up, she stands up and darts out the room.

"That's cheers her right up," Peggy notes. "I've got Margaret now."

"Think of it like ripping off a band-aid," Brad suggests. "Painful, but over quickly."

"Plus, whatever she's made for you is going to be gorgeous," Kelly adds.

"We'll see," Peggy says as she walks away.

"You!" Kelly says sharply, as soon as they have the room to themselves.

"What?"

"Take the day off?"

Brad is taken aback asking, "What's wrong with that?"

"What are you thinking?" she questions, her hands on her hips as she glares at her boss.

"I'm thinking that today is the day you should be grieving and dealing with your loss, not running about after me."

She goes to Brad, puts her arms around him and lays her head on his shoulder. He hugs her, they both feel good and Brad is happy she initiated the hug.

"Brad, you and you sisters are going to be in the spotlight from the second the first guest arrives and until the last one leaves. They're going to try and get stories out of you that they can leak, pictures of you that they take with their phones, anything exclusive they can get because everyone likes to be in the know, and everyone owes journalists favors. You need me to protect you, keep you from making mistakes."