Real Love Ch. 20

Story Info
The saga of Bradley Weber continues.
14.8k words
4.73
5.1k
8

Part 20 of the 30 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 05/27/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MDSW
MDSW
516 Followers

Writer's Notes:

'Real Love' is my personal tribute to JammyJimmy's (JJ) story, 'Threads: The Island'. I give JJ credit, because credit is due, for this story and for my own inspiration and entrance into writing. 'Real Love' is actually the first story I wrote, even before 'Tale of Two Teens', my first published story.

As I was writing this story way back when, I was hoping JJ would be the editor. Having been unable to make contact with him, I have been reluctant to release it. Some say JJ has passed away, but I don't know. JJ, if you read this and want this story removed, please contact me. Several readers have relayed to me, both publically and privately, that they would like it released.

Therefore, 'Real Love' is an unauthorized, reimagined rewrite and sequel to JJ's story, 'Threads: The Island'. The general storyline in JJ's story is embedded in this story. Several of the character names have been changed because this is my story. Anyone who has read JJ's story will identify the characters quickly, starting with my main character, Bradley Weber, formerly known as Kyle Watson in JJ's story.

This story is long, but tolerant and filled with several emotions. If you stick with it, you will experience euphoria, happiness, sadness, sorrow and it will make you horny. You'll be disgusted, pissed off, scared and you'll grieve, cry, frown, smile and sometimes, you'll laugh, I hope.

'Real Love' starts off slow, but gains speed with age. Feel free to leave comments about what you like and what you dislike about the story. Feedback is a good thing for those writers who want to know what reader's like and dislike about their stories.

Please don't be mean in the comments because those that put in many hours over a period of several months, and thought into designing and writing these stories don't appreciate it, nor do they deserve it.

I do hope you enjoy the 'Real Love' series. Just don't forget one important detail -- it's fiction. Please do give us 'not so professional' writers a little slack.

JJ, wherever you are, whatever you're doing, fair winds and following seas my friend.

Let the saga of Bradley Weber continue...

MDSW

* * * * *

Brad is feeling pretty damn good as a result of his meetings at Packard Records and maintains an exuberant smile. He feels he's done a great job so far and also feels the employees appreciate his effort to protect them. With no expectations for the next company, he doesn't want to assume something that may not be reality. They finish lunch on time and head off to the next company, which is Packard Publishing and, as they arrive, they are greeted by the CEO, Ms Jackie Griffin, and the Editor-in-Chief, Mr Ronald Brady.

The CEO is a 45 year old with an uncanny business sense and the Editor-in-Chief is a 38 year old with a large thirst for knowledge. This time, Brad discusses the business related information about the company he didn't get at Packard Records because of the distraction.

Saving it as the last topic of discussion, they ask why he fired the VP at Packard Records. Brad explains the main reason why he did so and talks about relationships. Jackie and Ron listen intently and show a sincere interest.

As Brad continues, they're very interested in what he has to say about human interaction and relationships, something that's reasonable, but they're currently not practicing it.

Little does Brad know, Jackie has already spoke to Larry at Packard Records, who gave him high marks, so she thinks she knows ahead of time, what to expect from the new owner.

When Brad finishes, he asks Kelly to contribute again, like he did at Packard Records, but again, she has nothing to add. Jackie and Ron are astonished that Brad is so knowledgeable about relationships and are favorably impressed with their new boss.

The manager's meeting also goes well and the discussion that follows remains about the goals of the company, the processes in place and some ideas employees have passed to management. They also discuss absenteeism, production, finances and several other topics relating to the company and its goals. Again, the last topic to discuss is the fired VP and they ask about that incident as well. Brad replies saying literally the same thing he said to Jackie and Ron, using a different group of words. The managers also listen intently and show interest.

Brad is now convinced the fired VP story is going to be a hot topic for the other Packard Empire companies. As a result, he figures all the remaining companies he visits will likely ask about the fired VP.

At the employee meeting, Brad is on a roll in his normal jovial fashion as he answers questions from them. He's expecting them to ask about the VP, and they don't disappoint.

The question comes to him asking, "Mr Weber, would you please explain the circumstances surrounding the firing of the Vice President at Packard Records?"

Brad replies, "You heard about that? I'm totally surprised," he says with a smile, getting a few laughs. "Actually, I was wondering if you would ask..."

Brad pauses, knowing if he doesn't say this with the same information he told the CEO and Editor-in-Chief, he will be in trouble with the troops, as Kelly warned him. He takes a deep breath, organizes his thoughts, then continues, hoping he doesn't screw it up.

"As you might expect, there's an investigation in progress and I also expect the fired VP to sue Packard Records so I can't say much about the incident itself," Brad tells them.

He pauses again, contemplating whether or not he should say what he wants to say, then decides.

"However, saying nothing is not fair to you because that incident has affected you as well as Packard Records. In reality, it affects every company in the Packard Empire. As far as I'm concerned, you have a right to know the truth about things that affect you as employees, especially if a young, ignorant owner is involved in the incident. So, I will say this."

"At Packard Records, I became acquainted with the VP first hand. He had no respect for anyone in the company, not the CEO... not my staff... not myself. It was a literal hell for employees to work there. I learned very quickly who was responsible for creating that work environment."

"I know what employees were feeling and what it does to them. I lived that myself, to a degree. As far as I'm concerned, the VP left me with no choice, I had to put an end to the literal hell the employees were in, and I did. The CEO also filed an attempted assault charge against his ex-VP on my behalf and because of all that happened, I made my second major decision as an owner. In my opinion, the VP received a just and fair resolution to the situation."

"Personally, I don't want Packard Empire companies to operate based on fear. Nor do I want employees to work because of their own fear, real or not, and that's just one reason why I fired the VP... But in my own defense, I didn't fire a Vice President. I fired an extremely bad attitude, and therefore, the person it possesses. I have never before seen an attitude as bad as his and I have between little and no tolerance for that kind of behavior."

"However, that isn't the full story behind why I did what I did. There are several other contributing factors for my decision and, until the investigation is complete and the situation resolved, that's all I'm willing to say specifically about that incident at this time."

"We, meaning my sisters and I, don't consider ourselves to be a conventional boss. You will learn what that means in the coming months, but now isn't the best time."

"Also, when I speak of myself, I'm also speaking for my sisters because we seem to think alike, for some strange reason. One of these years, I'm going to figure out how to change that," he says with a smile.

The group giggles and is getting on his side the more he talks.

"And, because of your thirst for knowledge about the new owners, I will also tell you this, pretty much because I can," Brad says and gets a multitude of laughs. "Fourteen days ago, I wasn't thinking about being an owner of a multi-billion dollar corporation. I didn't know I was adopted as a child. I didn't know my real father is Danny Packard. I didn't know my real mother passed away minutes after giving birth to triplets. Nor did I expect to be a boss. And way beyond my wildest of dreams, I didn't expect to be an instant billionaire."

The room turns deathly quiet as Brad reveals himself to the company. Brad is telling them something the employees need to know... the truth about the new owners. Little do they know.

"This job, and the death of my mother and father, was thrown at me suddenly, with no advanced warning whatsoever. It was a major shock to me. It didn't take long for my life to become a twisted, screwed up mess. The same thing happened to my sisters."

"And the furthest thing from my mind was to be here today talking to you as an owner of the Packard Empire. That's how fast my life has changed. But... I know you're not concerned about my life, nor should you be. You're more concerned about your own, and whether or not there's a future here at Packard Publishing. Can't really say I blame you either."

"Today, my sisters and I are filling our father's shoes. Our hope is to make the most of it by making positive changes in the lives of everyone employed by Packard Empire companies."

"For us to accomplish those things, we have to man-up and take on the challenges and responsibilities associated with ownership, and there are many. Believe it or not, being owners is a huge burden on us, but the more we learn, the better equipped we become to make it happen for you folks."

Brad pauses, lowers his head as he becomes somber, then looks at the group before him.

"The VP I fired this morning called me a 23 year old kid... I was shocked to hear that at first... But, maybe I deserve it. I understand I'm young... through no fault of my own, might I add."

Giggles interrupt the silence in the room.

"Sometimes, I feel kinda dumb, especially when compared to the staff I work with..."

"Sometimes, I'm ignorant and I know it. Unfortunately for me, so does my staff and my sisters."

More laughter fills the room.

"Sometimes, I want to get things done faster because I want things to happen faster..."

"Sometimes, I act because I know what I'm doing..."

"Sometimes, there's a huge weight on my shoulders, but maybe... just maybe... I don't deserve to be an owner of the Packard Empire."

"But sometimes... shit happens. That's my reality... Today, as I stand before you, I'm absolutely proud that shit happened to me and my sisters. It gives us the opportunity to do things we never imagined."

Some chuckles come from the group, but most of them are taking to heart what Brad is saying.

"Fourteen days ago, I sat where you are now sitting. I learned a lot about office politics while in that position. I hated most of it. Still do. Now that I have this job, I kinda enjoy it for the most part. But, there are times when I don't. Firing the VP was one of those times."

"As a general rule, I don't like to fire people, but when given no choice, I won't hesitate to do what has to be done to protect the company and its employees. That's part of our job as owners and we have accepted that responsibility. If this or any other Packard Empire company is attacked by insiders or outsiders, the owners are also being attacked. It's what our parents expect from us. It's what you expect from the owners and it's what I expect from myself, same for my sisters."

"Why, you ask?... Well, I'm kinda glad you asked that question actually..." he says, getting more giggles from the silence. "Employees are the life blood of a company because you actually make the products the company sells. Everyone that works here wants to be respected, from the bottom to the top of the ladder, possibly even higher."

Giggles break the silence in the room again as Brad continues on his roll. He's having a one-on-one with the employees, whether they know it or not.

"Work gets done more efficiently when respect is the rule. As a supervisor, manager or executive, you can't go wrong if you respect your employees. But, it doesn't stop there. It also applies to employees because respect goes both ways. It's not something that's given to you, it must be earned by your job performance and attitude, up and down the ladder."

"Showing respect for someone isn't the same as respecting someone and I know you understand that. I also understand what's going through your minds as you sit listening to me. The new owners have control over your future here at Packard Publishing and you have no idea what plans they up their sleeves. Right now, that's your biggest fear."

"As I already said, I don't want fear to rule this company. It kills moral, and therefore, production. I would rather you are happy to work here and happy with management. But, I also want management to be happy with employees... As strange as that may sound to you, that's what the new owners desire, not just for Packard Publishing, but for all Packard Empire companies."

"I'm no different than any of you. I still dress myself everyday, more times than I would have liked on several occasions... I still walk into doors, occasionally... I still trip over my own feet, once in a while... I still put my foot in my mouth, though it seems to be happening more often these days... I still run a comb through the mop on my head to make me look presentable, but even that's debatable."

Throughout that whole exchange, giggles and/or laughter erupts after each point he makes.

"I still know how to jump into swimming pools because we own one or two now... In fact, there's a rumor floating around I might have taken a wrong step and fallen off the pier into the ocean when I greeted my sisters the first time, but I won't confirm or deny it... That wasn't embarrassing at all."

They laugh with him again. Kelly laughs and nods her head, verifying the story.

"But... I'm not able to leap over tall buildings with a single bound, nor am I faster than a speeding bullet... unless, maybe, it gets a ticket."

Intense laughter breaks out amongst the employees, then ceases as Brad continues. Brad is liking the response he's getting from the group. He's also expecting there will be questions after he's done, which he needs to avoid at this time.

"I'm still just an average Brad, but I have learned a few things since becoming part of the corporation."

"I learned I became an instant billionaire, but I don't really feel like one. Actually, I'm not sure what a billionaire is suppose to feel like, yet."

"I learned that being a billionaire isn't all its cracked up to be, but I also learned, it does have its advantages... and its disadvantages..."

"I learned that being an owner of a large corporation isn't every person's dream..."

"I also learned I want to be treated as an adult, even if I am just a 23 year old kid."

More laughter erupts from the employees.

"Because I never had my own staff before, I learned the relationship we share is important to them. I didn't understand how important it is to me, but I do now. They have taught me so much about life with big bucks and life with big business in the last two weeks. Thank you for that ladies," he says as he looks at his staff, then returns his attention to the group.

"I also learned I can't snap my fingers and make things happen. Believe me, that was seriously disappointing," Brad admits, shaking his head.

That causes a round of applause and more laughs. As Brad continues on his roll, Kelly and Debi are happy for him. Jackie and the Ron laugh, along with everyone else, at his humor, but take in what he's saying seriously. Kelly is experiencing deeper feelings for Brad, maybe infatuation, but still isn't facing them, but Brad wishes she would.

"But, most important to me, personally, was... I learned I became a brother, a role I'm not familiar with. I've been an only child my whole life. As of thirteen days ago, I have two smart, intelligent and beautiful sisters," he says and smiles. "I'm still learning how to be a brother, but learning that as an adult has its trials and tribulations, as it turns out. Most siblings know they have siblings at a very young age. We weren't allowed that norm."

"I still have things I want to accomplish along that line, and I work on it daily... and my sisters volunteer to help me hourly. I can't say it's all been fun, but it sure is rewarding," Brad reveals.

"Sorry, I digressed... I came to this area to become familiar with each company owned by the Packard Empire. I had no intention to fire anyone, but because I did, the future of Packard Records will change for the better and I'm pretty sure you understand why."

"Our job, as owners, is to push all companies in the Packard Empire forward, kicking and screaming if necessary, not leave them behind and we expect to focus on that project very soon."

"I don't profess to be some kind of genius on this or any other subject. It's just what my life experience, however small, has taught me and I still believe it today. I still live it today as well."

"So, as a parting comment, don't you dare think this company will be left in the dust. Packard Publishing is too good for that. You are, after all, a Packard Empire company... See you soon," Brad says with a smile, then walks away from the podium toward Jackie and Ron and his staff.

Brad's message left a lasting impression on the employees and they give him a standing ovation, including whistles as he departs. Of course, that word spreads fast as well.

Kelly and Debi meet him as he heads their way, then to the SUV, walking as he talks to Jackie and Ron, who thank him for the visit and looks forward to more talks with him and his sisters. Brad has the same feelings he did when he left Packard Records, a sense of satisfaction that he's accomplished something good.

After the SUV departs, heading for dinner, both Kelly and Debi get mushy with him again. They tell him he left a lasting impression on the employees, including Jackie and Ron and he's satisfied to hear that.

Debi asks, "Brad, that was truly a great speech. Like me, the employees learned a great deal from it, but you still had another ten minutes you could have spent there. Why did you cut yourself short?"

"Good question Debi. I did that because some of the things I said left me open for too many follow-on questions that I don't want to address at this time. I need to avoid them, for now anyway. It will take time before I'm willing to do so."

"What questions?" Kelly asks.

"Not necessarily just questions, Kelly. The time it takes to act on what I told them."

"Oh... That makes sense."

"It will make dollars when we accomplish it," he says, smirking.

"Good point!" Kelly says, smiling and hugging her boss. "I see you've been thinking ahead Brad. Care to fill us in?"

"I haven't really been thinking about it Kelly. It just came to me today as I spoke to them. I know that's a bad thing to do, but it just flowed out exactly as I wanted to, a small miracle at best. I have to talk to my sisters, but this is what I desire the focus of corporate to be from now on. What I told them is what I want to achieve with all companies in the Packard Empire."

"The good news is, the employees we have addressed so far like it, but I would like management to act on what I told them, not just agree with me. I also have the support of my team so we can't go wrong. Remember, actions speak louder than words."

"Right you are, an enthusiastic supporting team. Thanks Brad," Debi adds.

Brad smiles at Debi.

"Today has drained me ladies. I'm so tired from all the attention and the pressures of the day. Firing the VP took a lot out of me. I just want to eat, go home and relax the whole weekend," Brad reveals.

MDSW
MDSW
516 Followers