Real Love Ch. 20

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I believe the Empire companies are ready to move forward with your leadership and we'll wait for you to do whatever it is you have to do before we get involved."

"I'm really sorry about this Brad. Like you said, employees deserve to know the truth about that which affects them and the blog has helped us understand our new owners. It has served its purpose, so I will likely shut it down."

"Thanks Jackie. I'm both pissed and jubilant myself, but I love this idea of yours. Pissed because you recorded me at a private company function without my knowledge or permission. On the other hand, you are a media outlet. I should've expected it so I can't be pissed about it. Jubilant because I can see a future for this blog."

"I hope you reconsider what you do with it. I'm not going to tell you how to use it or what to do with it. You created it so you should control it. What I would ask you to do, and this is just a request, is ask your subscribers if it is okay with them if the Packard team joins the blog."

"I would like this to be a medium where the company can join together and talk, tell jokes, learn from others, address problems, inform them of future events, talk about things that concern them, a two way communication type of thing."

"I see this as a great training tool. Thanks Jackie. Let us know what they think, and what you think about it. I've got to move on here. We just arrived at my next adventure so I'll talk to you later."

"Before you hang up, just to open up to your thought process about the blog, there are 6,500 plus people on this blog, in three languages, on four continents. It may be a bit of a problem to communicate with all of them as a training tool."

"Yes, I see that's a problem too, now that you mention it. Let's talk about this another time then."

"One more moment please. I just want to let you know I will support your efforts to move the Packard Empire forward. If I'm not mistaken, I think every company will support your efforts. Bye Brad."

"Great! Bye Jackie."

That goes well and Brad is in a great mood. They get out and head inside the restaurant for their last dinner. In the morning, they fly to New York to meet up with his sisters.

While on the trip, Brad intends to keep his commitment to Stacy to quit smoking. He committed to a while ago and he's ready to surprise her when he gets back. He's only had three cigarettes during the entire two weeks so he's doing good.

Kelly and Debi also notice a change in Brad resulting from this trip. He's more focused on the Empire than they realize and ready to push forward. But, Brad still has to talk to his sisters about his new plans for the Empire.

When they land in New York, Brad is happy to be on the last leg of the long journey. When his feet hits the tarmac, he sees his sisters in the doorway and runs toward them. As their eyes make contact, they also run to him. He feels so good he picks them both off their feet in one swift motion. They gang hug and after he lets them back to their feet, they walk together, holding hands, to the VIP lounge. It's the best welcome he's ever experienced and is higher than a kite as a result.

The two days in New York is fun for all of them and Brad feels it's the best decision he's ever made, joining his sisters. But now, the fun is over and it's time to head back to the Island and get caught up on the work that's piling up in the office. He dreads that part. Being unable to process paperwork causes many hours of reading and making decisions about the future of the Packard Empire.

* * * * *

They leave New York later than they intended, arriving back on the Island about 3am. They're all beat, but the staff still meets them and hustles them off to their suites. Brad tells them to leave the luggage in their rooms and they can take care of it in the morning, after everyone is awake.

Everybody is up and about by 10 with a brunch served near the bar. After that, they put their heads together and decide on the day's events.

Craig speaks up and says he needs some time with them about the Island Manager position that's currently open. They need to make a decision about the candidates so they can move forward in the selection process.

Brad agrees and decides to do it after they finish the schedule, which they do.

Moving to the business suite, Craig gets together with the three owners to run the manager replacement candidates by them and he asks them to pick one. There are four files of well qualified candidates.

Brad asks, "Have they been interviewed?"

Craig says "Yes."

Tell me your thoughts please," Brad says. "Who would you pick?"

"I would go with this one first," Craig says as he slides a file in front of Brad. He reads it and passes it along to his sisters.

While his sisters are reading the file, Brad gets on his phone and calls Kelly and asks her and the rest of the team to join them in the business suite.

Craig takes notice of the importance of the team to Brad and decides to include that in future management decisions.

Arriving, they pass the file around asking for advice from all of them. Everyone is impressed with his credentials so they all reach the same conclusion and he'll be offered the job.

With that, Craig picks up the files, gets up saying he'll schedule an interview with the team for tomorrow afternoon.

"Wait Craig, please," Brad says.

"Kelly, would you invite the Director of Human Resources and one of her assistants to the Island for an extended stay? Also, tell them about causal and comfort clothes, no business attire required. She needs to be here after we complete our training class. Please?"

"I'll get right on it Brad."

"Thank you."

He winks at her, then excuses all the assistant's, including Kelly, telling them the owners join them in about an hour.

After they leave, Brad asks Craig to get them information on the assistant contracts -- when they expire, what the salaries are, their history with the company and all other employment details. He also asks Craig to get ten copies of the company rulebook, and an electronic copy, assuming one exists."

"Craig, it just dawned on me that I don't know where the corporate office is. Where is it?" Brad asks.

"It's anywhere you want it to be. Danny never created one."

"Where is our HR located?"

"Fort Meyers, Florida," Craig replies. "It's just a small office with ten employees, the Director and nine HR clerks."

"I can only assume, at this point, that it's adequately staffed," Brad wonders.

"It is Brad," he says. "Okay, I will get that information as soon as I can and get back to you."

"Thanks Craig."

Craig departs and Brad turns to his sisters.

He says to them, "I need details about the performance of each assistant because I want to get caught up to where Kelly is, pending her promotion."

"What promotion?" Peggy asks.

"I want her to be in charge of the assistants and take total control of them. She can handle the job easily, and she can help them improve their job skills."

"Okay Brad, if you say so," Stacy says as she and Peggy exchange glances.

"Don't we deserve the best support team working for us, not just a satisfactory team? It's hard to find five Kelly's and I know you guys don't think highly of her, but she has prepared me for just about everything I've encountered so far. I haven't been blind sided by anything that has happened, except for Charles and the VP. They were a shock to all of us. Nobody was expecting either of those incidents, but we talk about everything. That should tell you something about her," Brad says.

"Why haven't we got the same info as you?" Peggy asks.

"That's one of several reasons why I want her to take charge of the assistants. She can train them to be real good at their job."

As they continue to talk, Peggy says she feels Jack has ulterior motives but can't put a finger on exactly what or why. Brad tells her it's a gut instinct and that's good enough for him. Stacy is also concerned about Jack, but can't put a finger on it either, and agrees that he did seem to be out of his element while in New York.

Peggy also states she's getting comfortable with Rick so she wants to hang on to him, for now. Stacy talks about Nikki and says she's opening up to her and their relationship is improving so she wants to keep her. They both agree that Rick and Nikki handled everything well and Jack wasn't needed, but they also said that if there were appearances and dates and all the rest that goes with it, things may have been different.

They all agree to include Kelly in the assistant evaluation loop and let her make the final decision about salaries. Brad says he has a raise planned for her because she's being promoted, but he's not sure about a raise for Debi. She's smart and efficient, but knows little else at this point. She performed very well over the last two weeks and he's pleased with her performance, but is unclear about the Kelly and Debi relationship, being close friends and appearing to work quite well together.

Then, Stacy asks Brad about the Kelly relationship. He gets really personal with them and tells them she doesn't want him to be his girlfriend, just a fuck buddy or a friend with benefits. Both Peggy and Stacy say that doesn't match the way she acts around him. They tell him she can't keep her eyes off you when you're not looking. This only confuses him. What on earth should he do? Certainly not fire her. But, he asks his sisters if they think he should replace her and both tell him absolutely not. Brad is relieved to hear that. He feels really connected to her and doesn't want her leaving him.

Peggy says, "Brad, you've says many things about Kelly, but nothing about your feelings for her. Wanna clue us in?"

Pausing, he says, "I'm in love with her Peggy," Brad replies. "But, if I tell her, it will most likely drive her away. She has to keep a professional relationship with me so she can do her job. So, I have decided to keep my feelings to myself in the meantime. At some point, I do intend to tell her, but I must gamble on the right time to do it. The fact is -- I need her more than she needs me, as sad as that sounds. I need her for the business stuff, but she doesn't need me for love. Sex maybe, but not love."

"I'm sorry big brother. I didn't know you were into her that far this soon. If there's anything I or we can do to help, please let us know," Peggy says and Stacy agrees. "We want you to be happy too. But, I don't agree with everything you've told us about her and I'd like to leave it at that for now."

He acknowledges that, then asks his sisters if they want to talk about anything else. Each say not at this time, but Brad has one more thing on his mind.

"Understand... this trip away from you guys hit me real hard. In the last three weeks, our personal relationship has grown, our business relationship has grown and we've become a family. Joining you two for two days in New York was the best decision I ever made and I'm glad I made it. I don't want our relationship to end anytime soon either. During the time we were apart, all I wanted was to be with the two of you. I love you guys."

Hearing that, they all, even Brad, begins to tear up as they stand and group hug with a bit of tenderness about them.

"The world needs to watch out for the Packard triplets," he says, getting a laugh from the girls.

"Oh! Peggy, what about that thing we discussed before we departed?" Brad asks.

Stacy wonders what it's all about.

'We're okay on that front, Brad, for now," Peggy says.

Stacy suddenly connects to the topic and agrees.

"We really bonded while in New York. I have a sister for the first time in my life and Stacy's friends are now my friends as well. It makes me feel like I belong."

"God, that's great news," he says. "I don't want you guys to be unhappy. But if things change, we need to talk. Deal?"

"Deal."

"So, are we happy yet?"

"Yup."

"How are you feeling Stacy?"

"I'm fitting into our new home as well. We have so many places to live now it's just incredible. I'm getting more comfortable with the business side of things as well. I'm actually feeling pretty good!"

"How's your sleep?"

"That's improving as well. Thanks for being concerned, Brad. That's so sweet of you," Stacy says.

Brad thinks how much she just sounded like Kelly.

"I'm just being a brother Stacy."

"Peggy, how are you blending?"

"I'm adjusting. I have a new family, some new friends and a great brother and sister. I can't beat that. It's something I never had before."

"Believe me, I know the feeling. You guys are full of good news. Now I feel better. It looks like this trip was worth taking after all!" Brad says. "But, I have another trip I want to take with you guys. Together, this time, and I would like to do it soon, like this week," he says.

In unison, they both ask, "What trip?"

They look at each other and laugh as Brad smiles.

"I want us to visit our parents and introduce us to our families in both places. I'm sorry you grew up pretty much by yourself, Peggy. I really hate that, but you'll be welcome in both our families. All that is required of you,... is to be you."

"I appreciate that, Brad," Peggy says as she feels touched by her brother.

"Stacy, call your folks and set it up for this Thursday afternoon arrival. I'll call my folks and set it up for Sunday afternoon arrival. I expect to depart Wednesday to return to the Island. Okay with you guys?"

Both nods their approval.

"Great. I'll have Kelly make the arrangements."

"Okay then, let's go find out what the rest of the day looks like!"

More hugs and kisses are exchanged as they head toward Brad's balcony, hand in hand, until his sisters split off and go to their suites.

* * * * *

As they approach the balcony, his assistants are on the balcony talking. Approaching them, they stand and he raises his arms and embraces them with a huge hug. They enjoy the hug and return his affection with a smile, then relax. As a team, they're feeling really good. The girls have smiles on their faces because of the greeting, then Brad escorts his staff to his lounge, they assume a seat and get comfortable.

"What's the schedule look like for the rest of the day, ladies?" he asks feeling full of life.

Debi looks it up and says, "Just some time at the BS session after dinner and with your sisters at 9 tonight."

"So the time until then is up for grabs?"

"Yup," Kelly says.

He stretches one arm out in front of him, followed by a couple fist pumps.

"I love down time!" Brad yells, prompting Kelly and Debi to laugh.

"So, Debi, how do you feel about our team relationship at this point? Brad asks.

"Overall, I feel great about it," she says smiling. "There was only two times when I felt a little left out, but I handled it. Like I said, I don't want to interfere in your relationship. I respect both of you too much to do that," Debi says factually.

"However, I do like the hi-fives, hugs and pecks you guys give me and all the other stuff you do for me. It makes me feel good inside and I feel like I'm part of this team. I want to stay and work with both of you, so you have to keep doing those things for me."

"Have to?" Brad asks.

"Yes, have to," Debi says frankly.

"We have to?" Kelly asks.

"Yup."

"You're absolutely sure we have to do that?" Brad asks, smiling.

"Yup, absolutely sure," Debi replies with confidence, smiling, knowing he's playing with her.

Both Kelly and Debi feel good when he plays with them in that manner. Nikki does too.

"Kelly, think we can do that?"

"Yeah, I think we can, but we may have to force ourselves."

Brad stands, expecting to get a hug from Debi, but just as he thinks he's got the best of the conversation, Debi stands, embraces him and places her head on his chest.

She looks at Kelly, winks and says, "If you don't, I'll have to beat you to a pulp while Kelly watches," she says smiling, as she lifts her head to look at him.

Brad is surprised, to say the least. Kelly bursts out laughing as Debi releases Brad from her hold, satisfied she shocked him and Brad laughs with them.

"Good one Debi!" Brad says as he continues to laugh.

Brad has found the reward he's been looking for. He's pleased Debi reacts positively to the affection. Now he wonders if that will work on other people as well. He also wonders if there is some other form of affection she would appreciate as a reward. Maybe he should just ask.

"Hmm. Beat me. Wait, no, don't beat me. I have something else I need to figure out. That is -- which one of you gives a better hug," Brad says.

"Kelly, give me a hug pleeease."

"Debi, your turn, pleeease."

"Kelly, back to you."

"Deb, back to you."

"Kelly, back to..."

"Oh, stop it Brad. You just want us to give you hugs," Kelly says just before she bursts out laughing again. "That's so fucking corny."

Debi joins her, laughing as both give him a group hug.

"Busted," he says, laughing with them.

He does like the hugs they give him, though.

"If you really want a hug from us, just give us a hug and we'll do the same," Kelly says.

"Ookkaayyy! Do it often pleeease... But, getting back to the subject, I'm not yet convinced, Debi. One aw shit is one to many," Brad says still smiling. "What do you think Kelly?"

"I think we should trust her judgement, Brad. She knows she can talk to us at any time she sees fit, so if things change, she will say something."

"Will she? She didn't that time."

"Good point. Debi will you tell us when you feel left out again?"

"Okay. But in my own defense, we said we were going to talk about this again after we got back to the Island. We're back on the Island, and..."

"Kelly, I just hate her when she's right. Don't you?" a smile appearing on Brad's face.

"Yup," a smile appearing on Kelly's face.

"You guys are picking on me again."

Debi joins them in a group hug, holding one another tight before Debi breaks it.

"Thank you so much for being so considerate of me and my feelings."

"Kelly, don't you think we should properly respond to her being right all the time?" Brad asks.

"I do. What do you have in mind?"

"Is she ticklish?"

Hearing that, Debi runs toward the door while laughing her ass off, but stops because they aren't chasing her.

"No. I'm not ticklish so don't even try," she says, continuing to laugh as if someone is tickling her.

"Okay. Just wondering," Brad says. "Now come back here."

"Why?" she asks, still trying to control her laugh.

"So we can give you a hug for a job well done, silly," Kelly says.

"You just gave me a hug. You're not going to tickle me are you?"

"You just said you're not ticklish so what good would that do? We're going to hug you again, now get your ass over here," Brad says laughing. "You're laugh is so contagious."

She returns, apprehensively, while biting her lower lip. Kelly and Brad take her into their arms and sandwich her between them with Debi facing Kelly, and hold her. Debi relaxes, her skepticism fading off into the distance as Brad and Kelly kiss each other over the top of her head. She's in a comfort zone.

Debi begins to shed happy tears as they hug her. She's never had a great deal of respect for a boss, then comes Brad. Now, she's part of the team. She's happy. She's proud. She's appreciated. She's protected. She feels like she's at home.

A while later, Debi gives both of them a kiss on the cheek. Then Kelly breaks the silence.

"Debi, I don't know what we'd do without you," Kelly says. "This is the first time I have ever seen you laugh and cry within minutes of each other. That was amazing."

"Yeah, it was... Debi, you do realize you just told us you're ticklish, right?" Brad says.

"Unfortunately, I do and down the road, I'm probably going to pay for it, knowing you guys," Debi says.