Real Love Ch. 30

Story Info
The saga of Brad and Kelly continues.
4.5k words
4.63
3.9k
8

Part 30 of the 30 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 05/27/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MDSW
MDSW
518 Followers

Writer's Notes:

'Real Love' is my personal tribute to JammyJimmy's (JJ) story, 'Threads: The Island'. I give JJ credit, because credit is due, for this story and for my own inspiration and entrance into writing. 'Real Love' is actually the first story I wrote, even before 'Tale of Two Teens', my first published story.

As I was writing this story way back when, I was hoping JJ would be the editor. Having been unable to make contact with him, I have been reluctant to release it. Some say JJ has passed away, but I don't know. JJ, if you read this and want this story removed, please contact me. Several readers have relayed to me, both publically and privately, that they would like it released.

Therefore, 'Real Love' is an unauthorized, reimagined rewrite and sequel to JJ's story, 'Threads: The Island'. The general storyline in JJ's story is embedded in this story. Several of the character names have been changed because this is my story. Anyone who has read JJ's story will identify the characters quickly, starting with my main character, Bradley Weber, formerly known as Kyle Watson in JJ's story.

Feel free to leave comments about what you like and what you dislike about the story. Feedback is a good thing for those writers who want to know what reader's like and dislike about their stories.

Please don't be mean in the comments because those that put in many hours over a period of several months, and thought into designing and writing these stories don't appreciate it, nor do they deserve it.

JJ, wherever you are, whatever you're doing, fair winds and following seas my friend.

Let the saga of Bradley Weber continue...

MDSW

* * * * *

The next morning, Brad and the team get on the private jet and head back to Aspen. Arriving around two, they greet the newbies as they arrive at home and everyone gets swim suits on. They spend the day in or around the pool so Brad announces he would like to go sight seeing tomorrow and asks what there is to see. Kelly and Debi fill him in and they made some plans.

A short while later, Brad asks Kelly, "Would you like to stop by and see your family and if so, how long would you want to stay?"

"Yes, and I would say just a day trip would be fine this time. A longer stay when we can give them more of a warning," Kelly says.

"Make the arrangements Angel."

Kelly gives him a big hug, then gets on her phone and makes the arrangements. She's excited that Brad asked about her family. After hanging up from talking with them, she tells him it's a good time, then she hugs him very tight.

Brad calls the team together to talk about Packard Records.

"The first company we trained turned out to be a huge success. I would like each of you to reflect back on the training because Packard Records is what it is because of you. I think Packard Records will start going off the chart with sales in record production and new clients soon. Overall, the meeting and picnic with Packard Records was the best experience we've had since we became the new Packard Empire. We faced the first major challenge as a team and kicked ass, doing an excellent job and I would like to point out that you, our staff, played a major role to make that happen. That's very appreciated. The new wave of the Packard Empire has begun."

"Larry told me they're getting unsolicited applications for employment. Does this prove to us that this philosophy is the right philosophy for this company? What do you all think?"

Stacy replies, "It is proof enough for me, Brad. I was very impressed with the team at Packard Records. They're a very smart group of people, almost as good as the Packard team. In just a short period of time, their attitude changed just like ours did. It's an amazing experience. Thank you for doing it for us Brad."

The whole team speaks about their feelings and are convinced Brad is right.

"Great. Now, it's time to look to the future. We still have 29 companies to train. Sooo, I would like Team Brad to pick a company they visited and both Team Stacy and Team Peggy pick a company they visited. We should try to pick companies with the highest probability of success because word of what we are doing will spread quickly. The next company will be one we all agree on. When we get back to the Island, we will talk more about this. What do you guys think?" Brad asks.

"I'm all for it, Brad," Peggy says and everyone nods their approval.

"Cool. Now, about the next training class itself. Kelly, my sisters and I have discussed this and Kelly will explain what the preliminary plans are, then another discussion so you guys can add your thoughts."

"First," Kelly says, "the lesson plan will change a bit. We'll start, this time, with the entire team. That's a little different from the first one. The reason behind this is to let all of you in on the training we give to the guests. The seven new hires will listen, but not participate because they haven't completed their training. This will be an eye opener for them because they haven't yet seen the big picture about the way we operate here."

"And, no personal stories this time. How do you guys feel about it?" Kelly says.

If that is what you want, we will honor it," Nikki says and everyone agrees.

"Nikki, do you want to explain your personal life to strangers?"

"I'm sorry, Kelly, I agree with you. I don't have any desire to open my life to strangers," Nikki says.

"I'm sorry Nikki. The way you answered made me wonder," Kelly says. "It's okay Nikki, as long as we are on the same page," she says with a smile and giving her a hi-five, "Debi, how 'bout you?"

"I'm on board with your wishes Kelly," Debi says. "I thought my story got far too much attention but, I'm also glad to see it did what I wanted it to do. I'm not fond of exposing myself to strangers and would rather not do it again. The only reason I told my story was because I put my foot in my mouth and didn't know any other way to get it out," she says. "In the future, I will make a serious effort to avoid that scenario."

"Okay then. It sounds like we are all on the same page," Kelly says. "Time off is in order."

The team does do some sight seeing around the area and others go out for some night life action. Overall, it's very enjoyable, but they do want to spend more time in Aspen.

Time flies when you're having fun and sooner than not, it's off to Ohio to visit Kelly's family.

The team flies out very early in the morning, to spend the day with Kelly's family. She introduces the whole team, including the seven new staffers, to her family. They have a great time for such a short stay and leave Kelly's folks late that night. Kelly has tears in her eyes again, but Brad is there to support her. He asks the pilots to arrive at the destination about 8am or later and they sleep as much as possible as they fly through the night sky.

Kelly is impressed with the performance of the seven new staffers. She does manage to add two men to the team, one is married and the other has been assigned to work in the office. She's hoping Debi will take a shine to him, but Kelly personally stays out of it.

Kelly and Brad don't shy away from sex while on the trip. They get their fair share, and more, but they're always horny. They're still in love and it gets deeper every day. They may even be getting close to announcing their wedding day to the team.

Debi does take a shine to the single guy Kelly hired, but it didn't last long. Kelly feels sad for her and Debi feels bad too. It's one of those things you can't count on, but you can hope, can't you? Kelly makes it a point to follow up with her later to find out the details.

Overall, it's a great trip. The team discussed Brad's philosophy as a group and everyone agreed they should start expanding and get more companies involved in the training.

Overwhelmingly, they thought it's a huge success and congratulates Brad on his winning philosophy. It will be the future of this company. The newbie's even express interest, wanting to get more involved in the training.

* * * * *

Arriving back on the Island, Brad gives everyone the day off to get caught up to themselves. Some hit the sack not even putting their luggage away. Others spend some leisure time by the pool. The new hires voluntarily went to the office to catch up on the workload, unknown to Kelly and everyone else.

Yes, it was a great trip, but it's also great to be back on the Island and back to the Packard version of reality.

During the next couple months, Kelly keeps close tabs on the new hires. She talks to everyone they interface with and the reports she receives as a result are impressive. Kelly sets up a meeting with the owners to talk about them now that she has more facts about their performance for the owners to hear.

They assemble in Brad's lounge as Kelly takes control and begins the conversation.

"Overall, I believe the newbie's will fit in and do the job as well as the rest of us. Their attitude models our's and they understand their place. They're willing to pitch in and help out. So, I'm recommending they be included in our team meetings and we should think about integrating them into the team."

"Do you feel they have sufficient training to deal with us as a team?" Brad asks.

"I believe they do Brad," Kelly says.

"Including our affection and antics?"

"They will fit right into both departments."

"Peggy, Stacy, any questions or comments. You've got her right where you want her, on the hot seat," Brad says smiling.

Kelly laughs, swats him on the shoulder playfully and says, "I owe you for that one mister. Better watch yourself," she says smiling, then gives him a kiss.

Stacy and Peggy smile and say they're fine with Kelly's evaluations and recommendations, that they feel the same from their own observations. Stacy says she likes the couple that will be working with her. Peggy says Rick and Nikki seem to be happier now and she's happy with them. She says the thing that really helped her was taking the flight with them to pick up their families. They got well acquainted then.

"We still need to get caught up with the workload, do we not?" Brad asks.

"Actually, we don't. The newbies caught us up this morning after we arrived so we are good. They did all the work while we were resting and relaxing and we didn't even know they were doing it. That's one thing I like about them. They don't have to be told when to work and they seem to work well together."

"Wow," Brad says. "I don't know what to say. Are you planning on giving them a raise?"

"Not for a while, Brad. They still have to prove themselves. Its only been a short period of time."

* * * * *

Two weeks later, they have another training class with a company from New York this time. The training goes smoother and no personal stories were told. The guests seem to appreciate the training and promise to put it to work as soon as they return to New York. The newbie's didn't participate in the training and just observed, but they're wide-eyed during and at the conclusion of the training. The guests like what they hear and are ready to go back and make it happen. They're pumped up just like Larry was when he went through the training. Kelly speaks with them as a group and likes what they tell her, and they like what she tells them.

The next week, another training class visits from Packard Publishing, the second company that Team Brad visited in LA. Jackie, Ron and both their secretaries were excited to get the invitation and when the training is complete, they're as pumped up as Larry and his team was. They want to go home early as well to hit the company running.

Even though there's still 27 more companies in the Packard Empire to train, the Packard team is very pleased with the outcome of the training so far. They start hosting training classes every week until the entire Empire has completed the training.

In the middle of the training classes, Brad takes the entire team to Aspen for four days for a little break, and some rest and relaxation. Another company perk, he calls it.

When they return to the Island, Brad is in his lounge, asks Kelly what's on the schedule for the rest of the day and she says nothing that will take more than an hour. After saying that, she asks Brad to call his sisters to a meeting to discuss the newbie's again, while she goes off to do something before the meeting begins. When everyone is present, Brad kicks off the meeting.

"Kelly wants to discuss the newbie's with us, again... Kelly, you think it's time we move them?"

"I'm thinking we should so we can become an integrated team, Brad. They've been here for four months now and have proven they can do the work and participate as team members. The next step is to complete the training, possibly in less than a year," she says.

"Okay, that's good news. Peggy, Stacy, what do you think?"

"If Kelly thinks they're ready, let's get it done. I certainly believe they are," Stacy says and Peggy agrees.

"Okay, this afternoon we'll play musical assistants. Kelly, let's find Debi and Katie and tell them. Stacy, you find Dave and Judy and tell them while Peggy finds Rick and Nikki to tell them they no longer need to train, give them a tour of their new home or just spend some quality time with them," Brad says with authority. "Okay! Let's go get 'em."

Off they go as Brad and Kelly find Debi and Katie in a business suite working. They sneak in very quietly and scare the shit out of them. Then Debi gives them a hug for no reason. She does that a lot. Katie does the same, surprising Debi, Brad and Kelly.

Brad asks, "Katie, why did you do that? You may not like what we have to tell you."

Debi interrupts saying, "We'll take our chances Brad."

"Okay, you asked for it," he says with a saddening expression on his face. "This afternoon is a sad time for Katie."

Katie asks, "Why is that?"

"Because you have to move."

A smile comes over Debi's face.

"Where am I moving to now?" she asks.

"Debi, would you like to show Katie her new home?" Kelly asks.

She jumps up and gives Katie a hug and congratulates her.

Katie is in the dark and doesn't understand what's happening so Kelly tells her she's moving into Brad's empty en-suite bedroom so the team will be together. She's elated with the news as her eyes begin to show signs of wetness.

Katie asks, with tears forming in her eyes, "Is this permanent?"

Kelly answers, "As long as you maintain your performance and attitude, it very well can be."

Debi gets up and drags Katie off to the suite as Brad and Kelly follow behind them, arm in arm, and a lot slower.

Debi gives her a tour of the whole suite, showing her where her en-suite is, then Brad and Kelly's master bedroom and then her own. Kelly tells Katie the staff will help her move in after lunch so you have some time to get use to the room.

Brad says, "Since this is my suite, I will come in any time I want to."

A shock comes over Katie's face and her mouth opens.

"That will give me no privacy at all. You're not serious are you?"

"It's my suite, after all."

"Can we talk about this?"

"No, because I'm not serious at all. This is your home and I will respect that and so will the rest of us," Brad replies with a smile.

Relief comes over her and she smiles at Brad and Kelly, who are doing the same as Debi joins them.

Brad whispers to Kelly that's the reaction he was hoping to get from her. He wants to be sure she doesn't have any other thoughts or claims on him. Also, he thought she won't hesitate to question things that come up.

"Debi, what do we usually do in this situation?" Brad asks.

"Team hug!" she yells as she throws her arms up and they join together in their first team hug.

"Welcome to the Packard Empire, to Team Brad and welcome home, Katie," Brad says. "This is a little after the fact, but is it okay with you if we give you a hugs?"

"Hugs... Sure!" she says, wondering.

"We're glad you are here. Welcome home Katie," Kelly says.

Debi gives her a hug and also congratulates her wearing a happy face. Katie is in tears at the welcome she gets and stays in the team hug as she overcomes her tears.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't be crying. I've never been welcomed to a job like this ever before. I'm not sure what to expect now," Katie says still crying.

"It's alright, Katie. We do a lot of that on this team," Kelly says. "Especially me."

"From now on, you will attend all our meetings and be part of this company as the other assistants are. Dave and Judy are being told the same thing as we speak. Kelly will brief all of you on that role soon. Enjoy your new home, Katie," Brad tells her.

Lunch is being served by the pool so they all go to enjoy the food, and they all have several laughs. After lunch the staff shows up to help Katie and the others move as Kelly directs the adventure. It's fun to watch and there are many laughs as the team bonds together. This is the beginning of the future for Katie. She's not yet aware of all it entails, but she will learn, just like Debi did. She will grow into this team like she never has in any other job before.

As the move is happening, Debi continues to show Katie all the neat features of her en-suite bedroom and she's in total awe of her new accommodations. Brad and Kelly remain in the lounge as Debi shows her the ropes. When the move is complete, Brad and Kelly appear in Katie's en-suite.

"Team Brad meeting in my lounge in five seconds."

Brad runs to the lounge for the meeting followed by his team. Kelly and Debi laugh while Katie, not really understanding what's going on yet, brings up the rear. As they get settled in, Brad looks at each one of them for a moment, saving Katie for last.

"Katie, welcome aboard," Brad says.

"Thank you so much Mr Weber."

"You may call me Brad Katie. Everybody here does."

"Thanks Brad. I feel like I need a vacation already, this is so overwhelming. My mom and dad won't believe it when I tell them."

"Then if they need proof, invite them to the Island for this weekend. You okay with that?"

"It's overwhelming," she says. "But yes, I would love them to witness my new job. Are you sure it's okay with you?"

"We can handle it, I'm sure," Kelly says and Debi nods in agreement.

"Be happy Katie. That's the way we want you working for the Packard Empire. The happier you are, the happier we are, but you do have some stiff competition along those lines."

"I do?"

Debi says, "Yup. Me, Kelly, Brad, Nikki, Rick and all the other assistants so you're in good company."

Oh wow! I can't believe this. It's going to be so much fun and we'll get loads of work done at the same time.

"Great!... So, I would like us to get to know each other and I will start with myself and tell you my life's story so you have a better understanding of my background. First, I'm still a kid at 23 years old."

"After graduating from high school, I attended Stanford University and graduated with a Masters Degree in Business. Returning home to San Antonio, Texas, I got a job at a local business consulting firm, where I worked in the business strategy division, for about nine months."

"Then, one day, I was told there was a job opening to be an owner of the Packard Empire and I accepted it," Brad says with a smile on his face.

"That's not quite the real story Katie. Don't be bashful Brad," Kelly says, smiling.

"Right... That wasn't exactly what happened. I'm just trying to be funny... As it turns out, I was adopted two days after birth, following the death of my mother from complications of child birth. My father built this Empire over the last twenty-three years and never let me or my sisters know we were part of his family. He passed away about six months ago and my sisters and I were left with the Packard Empire, and in the middle of our shock, we were given a crash course in leadership, more trial by fire in many ways."

MDSW
MDSW
518 Followers
12