All Comments on 'Reality Check'

by AnotherChapter

Sort by:
  • 36 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 3 years ago

Good story! I wish had posted it in 4 or 5 parts.

4

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterabout 3 years agoAuthor

Thanks Boyd, I had finished the piece before even debating listing it here, as I normally only do shorts on Lit. I tend to dislike waiting for sequential chapters to appear, so thought I would just drop it in one piece. I do realize it is a bit of a slog to get through! Thanks for taking the time to do so.

oldsage_1oldsage_1about 3 years ago

Great story almost too realistic. You have to remember most of us come here for relaxing entertainment not brutal reality. I wouldn't want a constant diet of this and must admit I skipped over much of his time on the island after the crash picking up again with his rescue. And yes I did identify with more of the story than I like to admit. Hope you follow this up with a nice romantic lived happily ever after tale!

I still give you 5 stars. You are quite the story teller.

Cheers

SAGE

d119b63d119b63about 3 years ago
Truly stellar storytelling

Thank you for sharing your amazing talent. A very involving story.

dc6370dc6370about 3 years ago

Read the story in one sitting. I loved it. Of course I also have a headache from staring at my phone for hours!

Pappy7Pappy7about 3 years ago
Pretty good tale,

dragged in a few places I think. I wasn't too fond of the wife through the whole story. She didn't seem to have much personal depth. I think she was very narcissistic and kind of gullible. Her inability to talk to and more importantly listen to her husband was a major roadblock in their marriage. I am not sure whether I could have stayed calm with her let alone married to her. What she really needed was for the husband to stop making excuses for everything she did and defending her where there was no defense. But it was well written and for 25 pages held my attention. I get tired of one to two page stories lasting for 6 months. Wasn't too fond of serials on TV when I was a kind and not so much now either. I gave you a 4 and I think that is a fair representation of how I saw the story. Thanks for sharing your talent and your story. Will be reading more if available.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Appropriately named

Great story. Lot of life lessons here and not a fairy tale by no means. Characters were realistic with human flaws and questionable decisions at times. Just goes to show anything worth having is worth working for and keeping it maintained. From reading your recent comment, sounds like this was an exercise for you from what you normally do. I felt you were successful in this endeavor and you should be congratulated!

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989about 3 years ago
Good story

There were parts that seemed to drag on and on. The crash and pain and suffering was almost unbelievable. I also didn't buy the Norma and Don relationship, like she was trying to make him into a cuck.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 3 years ago
Page 19

Apparently he's no better at picking women than he is at creating his own religion.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 3 years ago
Page 20

Brittany is going to get on a baseball team? That doesn't usually work very well much past 12. The best of them can hang till 15. The number than can hang with the boys past 15 is almost zero. Perhaps you meant fastpitch.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 3 years ago
Page 21 early

Can't see her loneliness? Fuck her loneliness. She cheated in a most humiliating way. Damn doctor need to die. Wife needed to die except it would hurt the kids. If you have him take her back, fuck you. I'm good with the occasional reconciliation but not this bitch.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 3 years ago
same

Cunt has her feelings hurt, serve him with papers if that's what it takes to get his attention. Too damn late now.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 3 years ago
Page 21

Pills? Really? Fucking drama queen.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 3 years ago
🙄

He didn't fail shit. She felt sorry for herself, decided to cheat and then took pills. Not a woman who can be depended on. Should have let her croak so he didn't lose his business in the divorce.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 3 years ago
Page 22

So poof, all of a sudden she realizes her error and is so devastated she takes pills to kill herself? Guess the Martian slut ray was set to reverse.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 3 years ago
Page 22

Without undue rancor? WTF does THAT mean? Can you be a little more specific with your psychobabble doc?

By the way, the betting line says she never planned to die and she thought they would be back sooner. Just drama from a drama queen.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 3 years ago
End of 22

So....dreamy doc dumps her and NOW she wants hubby back. How does it feel to be the consolation prize Troy? Doc still needs to die.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 3 years ago
Page 23

When someone tells you the bad things about themselves, believe them.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 3 years ago
Or

Assume it's worse.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 3 years ago
Page 24

A Jeep Grand Cherokee? Oh the horror. Haven't you heard the latest? That's a racist vehicle per Cherokee Chief Hoskin. I heard they used to be great warriors. WTF happened to that pussy?

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 3 years ago
Page 24

So she did everything but fuck her slimeball lover and she got a new SUV. If she fucks him, does that get her a Corvette or what?

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 3 years ago
Well fuck you

But that was still a helluva story. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Lost it in the end.

She wanted to be the spiritual head....

A direct setup for failure.

Yeah he.was the hero that cut his own leg off and left it for the wolf.

But that was incidental to his natural tendency to see things right and follow through

His wife was all about her.

She called herself Christian???

But had no faith???

In God or her husband.

And his concept of God was screwed.

A little tip here for the lost.

To be a Christian involves a personal experience with Jesus Christ himself.

Hence there's so many flakes and almost fans.

fritz51fritz51about 3 years ago
My two cents:

First, I was intimated by the length, 25 pages is a lot for me, but I'm a sucker for an airplane story, so I read it anyway. I found it to be well written, with few mistakes so I give it a good score for that, with no deduction for what I think was excessive length. Hey, I new how long it was, I always check that before I read.

Next the author is most certainly a pilot, details were too good not to be.

Now, the content - I agreed with her getting a pass on her first slip with Arden, it was not bad enough to not forgive. Troy should have had her sign a post-nupt before investing in the lodge, she had shown with Arden that her reliability was suspect at best.

The canoe trip with Dr. Don the ass-wipe, however, was unforgivable & when he sent her home it should have been the prelude to divorce. All four of the friends, including Norma, agreed to made the business move to buy into the lodge & bust ass four five years & then be set for life. All of them were busting ass not just her & they were practically through the tough years. She was warned, threatened even, about Dr. Don, yet she knowingly lied to and cheated on her husband & in front of her daughter.

I agree with her assessment that Troy would have been better off had he been a little slower getting her to the hospital.

She did not deserve a third chance.

Rocket081960Rocket081960about 3 years ago

I enjoyed this story. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
One of the best.

What a story! Great setting. Action. Drama. Psychology. No wonder it took so many pages. And Malcolm Muggeridge too. Something there for us all to ponder. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Excellent story

Writing is the best, still could use a fussy editor.

The Search And Rescue bit was compelling and almost perfectly written. Reminded me of the SAR episode in Charles Coleman’s exploit so well described in his book Mayday! Mayday! Mayday!

Troy’s encounter with Matthew and his subsequent contemplations was compellingly and understandingly told. His discussion with Norma is on target albeit a bit too academic and lecture-y.

It is disappointing when I am completely involved in such a well-written work that I get waylaid by all-too-common he/him usages after a preposition:

“Slowly things returned to normal over the fall and winter of that year, but the tension between he and Norma had never totally healed.”

“Janice grabbed a basket off the counter and turned on her heal, striding out of the kitchen to the garden.”

“I have been lying here trying to figure out why I wanted to, but God forgive me, I wanted to!”

YES! You are one of the few authors on LW who has the laying/lying under control!

Too bad we weren’t treated to comeuppance for Dr. Don

MisterMordinMisterMordinabout 3 years ago

I can understand his feelings on not wanting to lose a long marriage with two children, I've been there. But the disrespectful attitude the second time...ranked of desperation on his part,to have a marriage at any cost and made the latter part of the story to me weak. The daughters need a mother, does he really need a a disrespectful, cheating wife. I didn't.

RRC2RRC2almost 3 years ago

An amazing story

Thanks

ranec1ranec1over 2 years ago
Mean As!!

chur m8 awsum story

⭐⭐⭐⭐

greenbeardlkgreenbeardlkabout 1 year ago

good story until the ending. after cheating twice and the second time saying she was going back to her lover, I find reconciliation unbelieveable. 1*.

tsgtcapttsgtcaptabout 1 year ago

Not that this is a religious story or meant as a religious analogy; however, in reply to greenbeardlk's comments, this is exactly what Christ's live for His Church looks like. Well written and beautiful. All we need do is accept His Gift - freely given.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt10 months ago

Reconciliation is always an option - God shows His love for us, in that while we were yet sinners(read rebelious), Christ died for us! Love this story! Again!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

25 pages of a skank Norma, an asshole interfering Arden and the corrupt rogue Church and hypocritical church

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Just a cuckold story with a religious sanctimonious whoring skank wife, a clueless desperate cuck husband and deceitful friends

mfj77mfj7723 days ago

Wow! Lots of words, yet so much left out. Found the entire crash and rescue to be way too long and detailed. Well written but almost exhausting.

/

Then, after getting the operation on his leg and a few missteps, his missing leg is rarely mentioned, no rehab, fitting of prosthesis and challenges. Omission just seemed strange.

/

With all the religious discussion and complications caused by their different perspectives, I sure expected their religious differences to be involve in the resolution. Was very surprised there was NO discussion of their religious views.

/

In the end, it appears that Troy and Norma just failed to communicate, put each other on a pedestal and never checked in with each other.

/

Well written, thanks. You seem to indicate that you publish stories at other locations. Suggest you leave some "bread crumbs" on you bio page for you fans to find your other writings. Other authors certainly leave such pointers.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAnotherChapter@AnotherChapter
Dear Readers, Just submitted another LW tale for your appraisal, but the gurus of Literotica have returned it to me. Why i am not sure, and i won’t waste much effort trying to decipher their motives. Maybe it is a timely hint that it is indeed appropriate for me to get back ...

story TAGS