Rebuilding Faith Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sitting down, he grinned at how Faith stood leaning on the jamb, her thumbs hooked inside her pockets. He thought 'If she had a stalk of wheat hanging from her lips the image would be perfect.' Aloud he answered, "Isn't that just part of the tender loving care you asked for?"

"God, you say the sweetest things." With a distracted look, Faith raked fingers through her hair. Briefly her neck and ears were exposed, before the flowing strands covered her face, as she stared at the floor, lost in thought.

"You look like the legendary farmer's daughter, and I feel like the tempted traveling salesman."

Lifting her eyes, Faith gazed at him through the silky strands, which only enhanced the illusion of smoldering passion. Flipping the hair back with a toss of her head, she slinked towards him. Both palms pushed him onto his back as she settled in, straddling his hips. Lowering her head, Faith dragged the feathery hair across his face -- first left then right -- the alluring scent part shampoo, part spring air. Her expression was self-indulgent -- eyes closed as a pink tongue moistened smiling lips. Placing her head against his, she rubbed her straight nose against his, her soft lips played over his; a sociable tongue tickled his upper lip. With an unexpected charge, Faith captured his mouth and crushed her chest against him --fingers stroking his hair. The probing kiss vibrated with a desiring "Mmmmm," until she lifted from the sensual mugging.

"Mr. Holder," she puffed, as her thumbs rubbed his temples and her eyes searched his face with subdued longing, "You go on and stow yer belongin's. Ima gonna git to the kichin' and rustle us up some vittles so's you can git yer strength up fer later."

Laughing, Bill said, "Okay, Daisy Mae. Run along now. I'll be down shortly."

Playing her part, Faith ran to the door, stopped and turned for one last look of postponed desire, then disappeared.

"She's gonna give me a heart attack," he muttered, shaking his head at his unbelievable luck.

The unpacking complete, Bill made a pile of dirty laundry and realized he would need hardier clothes if was going to work for his keep. But tonight, comfort was the priority, so he dressed in a tee shirt, sweatpants and sweatshirt, before heading downstairs to find the kitchen table already set. Sunlight streamed in and glowed on Faith hands, as they mixed a salad in a bowl on the counter. The microwave hummed, as it warmed leftovers.

Having heard him, she said without looking, "Holder, why don't you pour the drinks. I'll have some Cranapple juice, please."

Taking her nonalcoholic cue, he poured two. "What else can I do?"

"Would you feed Hershey? Her food's in the closet," she said, pointing, "There's a scoop inside. Give her two."

Hershey followed, wagging with anticipation, barking as the first scoop rattled into her bowl. Finished with the assignment, he watched the hungry animal crunch the dry meal, and said, "You'd think I gave her a sirloin steak."

Bill looked up and smiled, as Faith left the counter to put the salad bowl on the table. Having only seen her from the back, he hadn't noticed Faith's change of clothes. The bib overalls were still in place but the flannel shirt had been exchanged for a filmy pink tank top. From the side, he could see the pleasant jiggle of freed breasts outlined against the snug material. Bending slightly to set down the bowl, the profile of an erect nipple was exposed as the bib bloused out. He looked forward to sitting across the table, and asking her to pass something.

She responded, "If you're hungry enough almost anything edible looks good."

This one, seemingly innocent remark triggered something within the dark recesses of Bill's mind and distrust reared its familiar head. His short-lived contentment collapsed under the weight of suspicion.

'Was that a veiled metaphor about how she feels about me? Does her asking me to stay symbolize how low she's stooped to satisfy a hunger? Am I a last resort to hold on to her dream?'

Something broke inside, and he snapped, "What does that mean?"

Halfway to the counter, Faith froze. Quietly, she asked, "What does what mean, Bill?"

"That crack, 'when you're hungry anything edible looks good.' Was that directed at me? Am I just some crumb you've picked up in desperation?"

Rushing to the table to set down another bowl, Faith said, "No, I didn't mean that at all." She went to him, and wrapped her arms around his waist, pressing close. "I can't believe you'd think that."

Feeling stupid and embarrassed, he placed his hands on her shoulders and tried to break free.

"No, I won't let go. Not until you say you believe me."

"Okay, okay, I believe you."

Looking up into his face, tears pooled in her eyes, "After what we've shared, how could you even consider I would think about you like that?"

What was he suppose to say, 'The shrink said I have issues with trusting women,' instead he hugged her, kissed her hair, and said, "I'm sorry, Faith. I guess I'm still out of sorts from the jet lag." Her searching look was flush with concern, and he thought, 'At least I didn't scare her.'

"C'mon, Holder." She took his hand and pulled him to his chair. "Maybe you'll feel better on a full stomach."

A calm fell over the room. The only sound was the clink of silverware and china. Bill stole glances of his dinner companion, feeling like a tongue-tied adolescent.

"You really surprised me, Holder," Faith commented, before sipping fruit juice.

"How so?" he asked, putting down his fork, more interested in listening to her voice and watching her face.

Her brow furrowed, as she pointed an index finger and glass at him. "You're very astute, although a bit misguided in your reasoning. I was thinking of someone when I made that 'anything edible looks good' remark, but it wasn't you. Actually, I was thinking of how close I came to dating Butch -- that is, before he grabbed me."

It was nice to know he wasn't totally off the wall with his instincts. Would he ever be able to think only good intentions in a woman?

"Holder, are you listening?"

Brooding, he'd faded away, until Faith reached across the table to touch his hand and treat him to a peek of creamy breasts pressed against the tabletop.

"You have my full attention," he smiled.

Catching his wandering eye only made her smile broaden. "I just want you to know how much you mean to me. You've rescued me from so much in such a short time... I can't begin to thank you. Also, even if it sounds like nonsense, I want to say that I find you extremely attractive. More than anyone I've met since my husband. So don't ever think you're not important to me. If you left today, I would miss you and always remember you as someone dear to my heart."

Picking up her hand, he ran his thumb over her knuckles slowly, enjoying the miniature hills and valleys. Though petite and feminine, the hand contained a sinewy strength. Turning it over, he stroked her palm and noticed the calluses along the top.

The fingers curled up and gripped his, making him look at her. "Not very soft, are they."

"Oh, I don't know about that," he said, pushing her hand open and warming it between both of his palms. "They certainly felt wonderful last night."

No hint of embarrassment appeared in her warm eyes, as lines at the corners deepened with a smile.

'This is one self-assured woman,' he thought, worried that she'd soon tire of him. And then thought, 'Why do I care?' and realized, 'I care because I've never met anyone like her before.' Faith had something he'd lost a long time ago. The joy of living.

"Earth to Holder," she said, pulling her hand back. "Where do you keep drifting off to? Do you have something you'd like to share with the group, hmm?" She picked up her dishes and carried them to the sink.

"I'm just thinking about all the profound things I've learned today," he answered, taking his dinnerware to the counter. Then he grabbed a dishrag and busied himself with cleaning the tabletop. After that, he took the broom and dustpan from the closet and swept up tracked in dirt near the backdoor. After that, he pulled out the full trash bag from the waste bin, stuffed it in a trashcan outside and then lined the kitchen wastebasket with a spare bag he found laying in the bottom.

Looking around for something else to accomplish, Bill noticed Faith leaning against the counter with her thumbs once again hooked in her pockets, smiling and watching.

"What?"

"Holder, you are so damned repressed." She held out her arms, gesturing for an embrace. "If you need something to keep your mind off whatever's bothering you, let me help."

"I don't think you can. I'm deeply disturbed," he said, and crossed his eyes.

"How deep? Come here, so I can make a preliminary examination." . Offers like that are not to be ignored and Bill was soon occupied in a deep kiss, wrapped in the arms of a beautiful woman. His hands cradled the back of her head, while hers made soft circles on his shoulder blades. The fact that he was successfully standing where Butch had failed yesterday was not lost on him.

Breaking the kiss, Faith rested her forehead on his chest. "Oh my," she whispered, and then squeezed him tighter.

After a time, she looked up into his face. "Let's have another fire tonight. Only this time, make it blazing hot -- so hot my skin turns pink, my mouth goes dry and I get light headed." Delicately, the back of her fingers stroked his cheek. "Can you do that for me, Holder?"

Finally, an action item. "I will do my best," he said.

"Mmmm," she cooed, "I have no doubt," and then, smiling wickedly, she added, "I have a present for you. It's in one of my pockets, and you have to find it."

"I love treasure hunts!" and enthusiastically his hands delved into her back pockets, searching all over her bottom, kneading the rounded flesh underneath.

After a thorough fondling, he said, "I guess it's not in there."

"Uh-uh," she answered weakly, her cheek against his soft shirt.

Spinning around, Bill put his back against the counter and turned Faith so that her back was against him. Not wanting to find the gift too quickly, he said, "I'm going to check your bib pockets next."

Snaking his hands along her ribs, they slipped in-between the bib and her shirt. He enjoyed the soft weight of her breasts in his palms and then lightly traced his fingers over the two turgid speed bumps that meant 'go slow, curves ahead'.

With face tipped back, her warm lips nuzzled his neck, and then said, "You missed my pockets, Holder," as her hands reached behind him to rub his buttocks.

"Are you sure? Because these feel like a nice gift." Exaggerating on purpose, he guessed, "A couple of 38D all-day-suckers, I think."

Laughing she said, "Close enough. The all day part sounds about right," then moaned as he pinched the pointy parts. Her hands tugged his hips forward as she ground her bottom into his expanding arousal.

Moving the search along, Bill slid his hands down into the bib pockets and rummaged around enough to massage the rough fabric against the stiff buds underneath, eliciting more encouraging moans. "Nothing in there," he mentioned to anyone interested. "Only two more pockets to go. I'm getting excited."

"Yes, I know. I can feel it," Faith said, and moved her hands between their bodies to rub up and down his vertical ridge.

After gliding his palms down her sides, Bill pushed them deep into her front pant pockets. Bending her over at the waist with his weight, he manipulated the loose linings. His fingers worked their way between her legs, until she was too weak from the pleasure to stand and he had to support her.

In the right pocket there was a square foil package. Bill finally said, "I found something."

Recovering some strength, breathily she asked, "Are you sure?"

"It feels like Alka-Seltzer." Then added, "Thanks, the stew was kind of bubbling in my stomach."

Faith elbowed him. "Very not funny," she said, and stepped away.

Holding the item at eye level, he said with surprise, "Oh! It's a condom." Bill thought of telling her about his vasectomy but decided, 'some other time would be more appropriate.'

Putting her hands behind her back, Faith coyly twisted side to side, and said, "Guess what's for dessert, Holder."

"Well, let's see. Is it warm and juicy?"

"It is now," she blurted out, laughing.

"Does it have something to do with this condom?"

"No, that's for later," Walking up to him, she palmed his groin, squeezed the bulge, and said, "Follow me, and I'll show you."

Bill followed her out of the kitchen, shutting the door to keep the dog from interfering.

Faith headed for the staircase. "Bill, start a fire to keep us warm, please. I'll be right back, after I freshen up." At the bottom of the stairs, she turned. "Maybe I should ask, so there's no misunderstanding. Do you like the taste of a woman?"

Grinning, he said, "I love the taste of women, unless they have really bad breath."

Rolling her eyes, she said, "That's not what I meant and you know it, Holder."

"Oh! You mean the taste of those other lips?"

Hands on hips, she boldly said, "Yes. Do you like to perform cunnilingus?"

"I think... I'd rather show you, than tell you," he said, and licked his lips.

She smiled and blushed before turning to go.

After Bill watched her disappear up the stairs, he busied himself with making a fire hot enough to warm the naked body he envisioned. The mat and blanket from last night were once again positioned in front of the hearth.

When the fire crackled brightly, he went to the kitchen bathroom and washed up. Upon returning to the living room, he removed his sweatshirt, to be more comfortable in the rising heat, and then sat down to wait. A squeaky tread foretold her descent, and then her legs appeared between the balusters. She still wore the overalls, but when her torso came into view the pale flesh of her breast was visible from the side. Stopping midway, she turned, leaned low over the railing, flashing an abundance of cleavage, and blew him a kiss.

"Very nice, Faith. That's a good look for you."

Walking over, she said, "Thanks, Sweetie. I thought you might get a rise out of it." Then spying the mat, said, "Well, I see you've been proactive, haven't you."

Bill stood up, took her hand, and pulled her willingly to the warm blanket. "I'm anxious for my dessert."

They knelt facing each other, and smiled for a few moments of heart pounding anticipation.

"Okay, Mr. Travelin' Salesman, go on and teach me somethin' about them there birds and bees." Faith leaned forward, put her hands on the floor, closed her eyes and puckered up.

Bill laughed. "Daisy Mae, you are something special," Cupping her face with his hands, he moved in for a kiss.

The physical pleasure of women was something Bill understood. Like construction, good sex had rules and standards. They'd already laid the foundation of mutual desire, now came the framework of fulfillment. With one arm around her shoulders, he eased Faith onto her back, their lips and tongues still weaving a communion of spirits. His mouth moved down to the spot on her neck where he'd seen her pulse throb the night before.

Her encouraging moans, as her hands pulled up his tee shirt, raised his level of excitement. Two active participants always made the best sexual partnership, and Faith was definitely enthusiastic.

Tugging upward on his shirt, Faith said, "Cmon' Sweetie, take this off."

Kneeling between her spread legs, Bill pulled off the shirt, the heat from the fire now on his skin. He leaned over her.

"Mmmm, that's much better," she said, smiling at his chest. "You have a nice body, Holder." Her fingers ran down from his shoulders to tickle his nipples.

"My turn," Bill said, dragging his hands up her bare sides. He brushed the soft flesh spilling out from under the bib, and loosened one suspender, then the other. Touching only the denim, he folded it down to expose her breasts. "Very nice. Faith, you have a beautiful body. May I try one?" and, without waiting for permission, he quickly bent his head to suck a nipple.

Faith arched into the pull, and cooed in a husky voice, "Ooo, Sweetie. That's so good." Her fingers locked in his hair, holding him in place.

Coordinated hands moved to the buttons at her hips and, without loss of momentum, he unfastened the pants. "I think dessert's ready to be brought out," he declared, beginning to work the overalls down her hips. Soon he discovered there were no panties to hinder the progress and it was his turn to look surprised.

Faith gave him a devilish grin. "Do I shock you?"

"Yes, and I'm loving it," he admitted, pulling the overalls off and kneeling at her feet, delighted by her smirking nudity.

His gaze wandered up her long legs to see a trimmed triangle of hair. Farther up, her breast's rapid rise and fall hinted her excitement.

"Faith, you look delicious." Bill couldn't decide what felt hotter, the fire on the outside or his lust on the inside.

Smiling back, she remained silent, but her chest and neck turned pink. Propping up on her elbows, Faith put her heels together and then spread her knees.

Bill's attention was drawn between her thighs as the feminine petals spread and revealed a pink of their own.

Meeting her impassioned stare, he moved forward, running his hands up her shins. The roughness of the burn scar on her leg distracted him, and her look became uneasy.

Smiling to reassure her, he ran his fingers across the bumpy surface, and asked, "Does this bother you?"

"Only that it's ugly. There's no feeling in the scar tissue. I'm thankful I still have one attractive leg." And she wrapped it behind his back to pull him closer to her warm and open center.

Taking the hint, he kissed up the inside of her thigh, while sliding his hands underneath. His nose stopped in her hair and deeply inhaled the inviting feminine scent.

Bill kissed her tummy, and asked, "Are you sure you want this, Faith?"

There was a small laugh, and then, "I really do enjoy a man who knows what he's doing. No pressure though, Holder."

"Well, why don't you tell me how you want me to do it? That would really turn both of us on."

Her boldness seemed to recede for a time, but as they held one another's gaze and smiled conspiratorial, she said, "No hands at first, just poke your tongue in there and lick across my clit. Barely touch it."

"Your wish is my command," he said. Her tangy freshness exploded on the end of his tongue, as his heart pumped concrete into his erection.

Faith's head dropped back as her feet spread apart, allowing Bill to lie flat between them.

Working gently for some time, the clitoris grew noticeably harder and larger on his tongue.

"Mmmm, that's it, that's it. Wonderful, Sweetie. Now, press more tongue in there. Lick a wide swath -- just upward... mmm, yes, that's very good."

There was more nectar on his tongue as her arousal increased and her fingers came down to pull open the labia for better contact.

Her words became more lurid as the pleasure increased. "Put your tongue in me as far as you can. In and out... Yes, like that. Oooo, your cock will feel very nice in there."

Bill struggled not to touch her. His hands were under his chest, itching to feel her everywhere.

"Sweetie, plunge in and then lick up. Harder. Press on my clit. Now suck on it. Put your mouth over it... yes, that's it. It's building, coming soon."

Her hips began to rock slightly, as the primal urge took over.

"Fingers, Sweetie, use your fingers. Two, put in two. Oh, that's it. You're doin' it, you're doin' it so good."

Shortly thereafter, he was on his own. She lost the ability to speak. So using her past instructions, he varied on the theme. His fingers filled her, while his lips teased, sucked and hummed. Improvising with the free hand, Bill slid his fingers up her abdomen to play with a distended nipple.