All Comments on 'Reclaiming Sofia'

by TarnishedPenny

Sort by:
  • 44 Comments
DarkRaven13DarkRaven13over 1 year ago

A love story that is both told and written wonderfully. I always love reading and learning from you.

I know that cannot fully understand the trauma that those who have served have gone through, and continue to experience. Your story has given me some idea of it ... it has also given me some amount of hope for the Sofia's of the world.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

What a great story!

5

Paiger123Paiger123over 1 year ago

I really like your writing except for your overuse of “the boy” and “the girl”. It’s distracting and takes away from the story. You can use their names instead.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I am a sometime cranky old man, but I am a sucker for a damsel in distress story. I do ask you, TarnishedPenny , to seriously consider Paiger 123's comment. I feel the same.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

_Very_ well written. 5-stars for the story and five more for the part about the cave.

I have to agree with Paiger123, about "the boy" and "the girl."

ChopinesqueChopinesqueover 1 year ago

This is a sweet story, very well told. I enjoy your work very much.

I figure you made a deliberate choice to you the word "boy", but it's hard to reconcile "U.S. Marshall" and "boy".

Ghostno21Ghostno21over 1 year ago

Simply brilliant story thank you.

Davester37Davester37over 1 year ago

I enjoy reading your wonderful stories very much. I really appreciate your tribute to those who have served. As always, thank you for writing and thank you for sharing your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I liked the boy/girl part. It indicates a healing change towards normalcy, just a girl and a boy being just a girl and a boy.

SeeJamiePlaySeeJamiePlayover 1 year ago

A wonder story about an unfortunate past. Great job.

MaroonPrincessMaroonPrincessover 1 year ago

Excellent story, full of believable details. The romance and sex built well throughout the story. Usually the PTSD sufferers are portrayed as men; I loved that you didn't. This story was incredible and I loved every bit of it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I worked as a MIC for a number of years and was involved in several incidents that Sophia went through, and many of the things she feels in this story resonate with me. Working with RPAs is a soulless profession at it's core. Although I don't have PTSD, I think you did a good job at describing the profound sadness I have for what I saw and experienced

Ravey19Ravey19over 1 year ago

Personally I didn't lie the use of boy / girl instead of names or pronouns but do accept it's difficult to find alternatives. Didn't really affect the enjoyment of this charming story of finding love after tragedy.

Phxray54Phxray54over 1 year ago

Not one of the 22. A good beginning to the road back. Thank you for you service Sofia.

ArediaArediaover 1 year ago

Great story! I echo what the others have said, about your treatment of PTSD and the girl/boy thing. I also really like that you used a fairly recent news story (the little girl killed by a drone strike) - it made the story a lot more 'real' to me. Thanks!

Jackie.HikaruJackie.Hikaruover 1 year ago

Aw that was such a sweet story. Glad Sofia has Ryan! Great work with this one!

crazycujocrazycujoover 1 year ago
WOW!

Just wow! 5*

EGRIEGRIover 1 year ago

What fun to read a love story of sustained progress helped by an adoring male. I loved Maria doing a happy dance in the kitchen doorway she was quite the instigator.

Thank you. Hopefully this little compliment is fuel for at least a few more keystrokes on something new.

Regards

AccelarVesterAccelarVesterover 1 year ago

Wonderful story, thanks!

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 1 year ago

Sweet and gentle story with a lot of feeling. Well done and congratulations on the win.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very good story, a little wordy for my taste, but I enjoyed it. I seldom give 5 stars but you earned every one. Thank you for sharing.

anubeloreanubeloreover 1 year ago

I enjoyed it, it was sweet and moving. The boy girl thing bothered me a little but I managed to get over it. I do wish the flight surgeon thread would have been mentioned more explicitly, as it's written it could be interpreted that her newfound stability is due more to her relationship with Ryan, and less because of her finally beginning to learn how to endure and heal the wounds in her psyche. And it's a bit of a cliffhanger really. I guess the whole "fly with me" note on the bear makes the point that she's still allowed to fly... I just would have liked a mention of it, though I'm not sure how you'd have worked it in. Great story, 5*

StrappySandalsStrappySandalsover 1 year ago

Very well written, and an excellent story about real life!! Congratulations on your Holiday Story award!!!

MissedLifeMissedLifeover 1 year ago

Beautiful story. It is so real, the feelings at times so raw. There are many types of healing but Ryan proved to be exactly what she needed. I also liked the fact you told both of their understandings on how therapy is considered weak in the military and law enforcement. Too much is asked of them and then to imply they are weak for asking for help is a disservice. Again very well told. Five +++ stars.

Smiffy69Smiffy69over 1 year ago

Excellent. A gentle story and I loved it.

wwaldripwwaldripover 1 year ago

Great story loved the characters and the feelings that were deeply rooted and described seemed very real, sensitive, caring, and loving. It was really refreshing to read and to follow the characters, keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Even better than Love Long Gone! Wonderful!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Got my 5*'s!

But, 2 nitpicks:

Bow ties don't slip as Windsors or four-in-hand belly warmers do. Better he stand behind her and tie around her neck. Proper size would need a bit of a knot at the back strap, reducing by about 2 inches.

Secondly: ribs from freezer to grill for a few minutes would never work unless they were precooked, but even that would be less than delicious.

technofrog2002technofrog2002over 1 year ago

I loved it. It was full of emotion and and vey heartfelt. Also very well written as the metal imagery it created was so detailed.5⭐️ Thank you for sharing.

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 1 year ago

A story of mixed tenderness and emotional distress as life often is. The end was well anticipated and the trip there well planned and executed. The main problem with this story was the excessive detail. Obviously, it was written by a woman, and I found it about twice as wordy as it should have been. I also had a problem with some of the detail in the handling of the incident that resulted in the death of the child. There's no way that a responsible commanding officer would have let that incident go by without insisting on counseling. Also her job was to perform reconnaissance and kill the bad guys. She must have run into questionable 'kills' a number of times and you either get hardened to it or you get out. Worth a 4*, but not quite a 5.

lflyer82lflyer82over 1 year ago

An absolutely wonderful, warm, loving, gentle story. Told as though you were truly in love with your characters and wanted your readers to love them as well. You have a special gift. Thank you for sharing it with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thought it was lovely and very romantic however, it did seem be long. I felt that the story was establish in the right frame but the main interest was repeated to many times.

SteelPaperTSteelPaperTabout 1 year ago

Simply amazing, it drew me in i an amazing way. 5*, even though that's not enough.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Didn't do anything for me......... simply too ambiguous - not forthright. Just too weird.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Five feet five inches and 128 pounds is a BMI (body mass index) of only 21. That is nowhere near plump. ‘Overweight’ is a BMI of 25 to 30 and ‘obesity’ is above 30. She is in the lower half of what is considered ‘healthy’ (18.5 - 25).

Cal59Cal598 months ago

Excellent, thanks.

Off to start your back catalogue!

scut001scut0018 months ago

First of your stories I've read. Will definitely be reading more. It's good see great character development before they jump in the sack.

OldmantruckerOldmantrucker2 months ago

A real to life decent story.. darn... 😁🤷😉👌💯💯💯💯💯👏👏👏👏👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👋👋🙋😉and thank you !!

rlh100rlh1002 months ago

A very nice and touching story about a very difficult subject. Thank you.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithabout 2 months ago

Beautiful romance! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Tarnished Penny.... Thank you for creating such a wonderful story! Nice writing and grammar too. So many stories the authors' haven't spell checked, or use phonetically identical words that have different meanings then they intend. All of which serve to impede and distract the flow of the story itself. Not so here. Thanks again! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I almost created a membership so I can favorite you. 😁 Almost.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous