All Comments on 'Recognition, Wind'

by LJA644

Sort by:
  • 97 Comments
VeracityHeterodyneVeracityHeterodyne6 months ago

Another good one. Sometimes good things happen when you use your anger productively.

MightyheartMightyheart6 months ago

Brilliant writing.

Thank God you didn't go along the usual path.

5/5

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy6 months ago

I like both stories! Maybe this one a tad more.

5

nestorb30nestorb306 months ago

Seriously she says nothing happened but and he believes her after all the neglect and disrespect. Uh should be in sci Fi fantasy

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Great story, the wife didn't cheat. She allowed her career to cause her to lose sight of what is and isn't important, she had realised this and made amends in front of her husband and her colleagues. As the author said sometimes we take things for granted, he admitted her wouldn't be where he is without the support of his wife. Personally i can say the same, not about my first wife, but definitely the second one.

5 stars from me.

Chimo1961Chimo19616 months ago

Sorry couldn’t finish this. I don’t ever forgive a woman for putting her family second. Do it in public and it’s over. No matter what the cost. Your pride will last until you die. A disloyal wife needs to leave now

clarkgarbleclarkgarble6 months ago

Good story! But our hero is awfully trusting isn’t he? The author goes to great length to show Christine as an obsessed corporate climber with a long history of abandoning and embarrassing her husband then “.making it up to him” for a few days or weeks then reverting to form.

Why is it going to be different now? she’s got a big promotion and has the owner over a sexual harassment lawsuit barrel, why won’t she set her sights on VP and pledge make it up to him again?

The author is slathering the happy ending on way too thick.

HarleyRider1955HarleyRider19556 months ago

I liked both stories. But, one star disappeared after I read all of the disrespect she and her co-workers put him through. The photos he saw were public, meaning everyone knew he was a cuck. Then the awards banquet, with the disrespect of his wife by sitting next to her boyfriend without challenge as her husband was relegated to the end of the table, and the final disrespect of thanking her boyfriend for all his support yet ignoring her husbands sacrifices and support. Then, after everything goes to shit, she comes up with this lame song idea to save herself. Nah, just burn the bitch.

jezzazjezzaz6 months ago

Great. Love it. More, please.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinion6 months ago

I liked the first one and gave it 4-stars. I loved this one, it was a real 5-star story. Some will not like it because you didn't BTB in the classic understanding of what BTB is. That's ok, I like reconciliation when it is warranted, and it was here. Oh, by the way, don't take any grief about your song writing ability. It was touching even if it was kind of hard to put the lyrics with the music. After all, it is a great song.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I really liked the first Recognition, it seemed fuller and tighter than this one, but I like this one as well. What I really like in these 'Recognition' tales is that the wife doesn't cheat in either. Yes, she's a bitch, and very disrespectful to a husband that showers her with respect and admiration, but that's nothing nearly as egregiously evil as cheating. That being said, her level of rudeness displayed in public is still grounds for separation but as the story unfolds it becomes obvious her current neglect and disrespect is not a permanent facet of her personality. Best of all is that at the end of both stories the wife corrects her atrocious behavior and shows fierce loyalty to her husband.

Cool stuff, man. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

This was an okay story, but I'd like to point out where you are - the Loving Wives section on a porn site. This section is for "married, extra marital fun, swinging and sharing". Christine may or may not have been a faithful wife (we only have her word for it) but this story, overall, didn't deal with the issues readers have come to expect in a typical LW story. Just saying.

KRD19254KRD192546 months ago

Sorry this story does not fly for me. I see a big MISS in her acceptance speech.

\

She had practiced her humble song and she was WARNED not to embarrass Ryan multiple times and yet she willfully did it giving Ralph most of the credit, WHY? This totally eludes logic and set Ryan off to publicly flame her. She was a few steps of loosing her husband forever if Ryan was not been an accommodating gentleman in negating her PUBLIC dis.

\

Another MISS - was Ralph fired for sexual harassment and inept management? We ASSume so but I missed it being stated. It is implied she was offered Ralph's job?!?

\

5***** Hooyah, Salutes for the conclusion or 3.9* for the misses.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Lovely story and the song featured in it was just the perfect choice. A fiver!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Little cringey, but sweet.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Christine’s response of song and speech were to embarrassing and to over the top to read in detail. Her saying she practiced it means she knew all of the humiliation that was going to dumped on the main character. After that I couldn’t finish this version and since you told us up front they end the same I already know it is a reconciliation that will be followed by a lifetime of more public humiliation for the main character.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Well done! A great pleasure to read. Each time I see your name, I know the story you are presenting is worth my time. Thank you once again. K

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Maybe... but maybe Ralph and wifey outsmarted him with their actions and it was all a ploy to fool him into being a sissy wimp cuck. Glad your 2nd wife is so supportive!

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu6 months ago

Thank you LJA644 for the effort you exerted for this story.

But if I may honestly say so,

The drama at the award's night was, personally for me, so corny I had to skim the paragraphs after Christine drag her husband on the dancefloor. She realized how manipulative Ralph was when he forbade her to mention her husband AND YET she did it, she only retract what she did when her husband gave her the divorce papers. So if her husband didn't threw fit she would have let the disrespect be. No, that is not a loving wife attitude.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x6 months ago

"The outcome is the same, it's just how they get there is different." - Don't tell us that the outcome is the same!

\

"Ralph that was extremely rude, if you cannot show respect to my husband, our relationship is going no further." - How about respect to HER?

\

"there's nothing that can be done about it now." - As MC says, of course there is, just change seats.

\

Why didn't he ask one of the guys next to him to swap with his wife?

\

He should have taken Ralph's seat, fuck him.

\

"But when he asked me not to mention my husband, I realised how much help [my husband gave me.] - Yet, she did what Ralph asked, anyway! And how does publicly thanking Ralph make them both look good?

\

It still makes no sense that if she wanted him there to apologize to him, then why did she further embarrass him?

\

If she got home "just after 10," AFTER a few drinks, if she had NO drinks, or just one, she could have been home much earlier.

servant111servant1116 months ago

nice one

5 stars

lujon2019lujon20196 months ago

if she wouldnt cheat and she won the award and her promotion was secure why did she conspire with the boss she didnt like to humiliate her husband?

.

Authors need to stop truing to spin these convoluted plan within a plan scenarios and wrote stories without massive plot holes and massive logical inconsistences

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Sounded like alot more went on over a good length of time that her claim, she didn't cheat, doesn't wash.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Thanks for the story. The characters were believable and it's nice to see a twist for the better.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

The story had potential. But, after all the betrayals and humiliations. He folds like a wet noodle.

deependerdeepender6 months ago

A bit too saccharine for my taste.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Disagree with the assessment that the after-thought effort by his wife works. Way too late. Just doesn't work, like she was forced to praise her husband to save face. All hand holding and other stuff adds up way more then her false bravdo comments way too late. Ends up with a bunch of make believe stuff for the company to try and make up for her and her boss crap. Nope, doesn't work. 1 star not a workable resolve.

OverconfidentSarcasmOverconfidentSarcasm6 months ago

I just couldn't help it but see the MC as a whiny drama queen. All that never-ending talk about him feeling humiliated, while practically all of the examples he gave actually sounded like reasonable behavior, made it hard to take this seriously.

I mean, he complains about being humiliated, because the wife wasn't all over him... while attending a company function with her colleagues and bosses. It wasn't until the middle of the second page, when the wife herself started giving examples of what happened, that I could see why he would be pissed about it. At least partially.

MattblackUKMattblackUK6 months ago

That worked out differently, but well. 5*.

Just_WordsJust_Words6 months ago

That was a good story, but I don't know if I believe her. No good wife would do what she did with the seating, or the credit, or the kiss on the cheek not to mention the months of ignoring him.

Bronco56Bronco566 months ago

Excellent story.....I'm glad you enjoyed writing this story. Because I definitely enjoyed reading it. 5stars

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc6 months ago

The back half of this story was infinitely better than the first. Only problem for me was how do you explain two years of coldness in bed (and out) and how she called out Ralph in her speech, knowing hos motivations. You did try to bridge the gap, it was just too far of a leap for me. 4.1*

looking4itlooking4it6 months ago

My preference is this one.

Regguy69Regguy696 months ago

I agree with Just_Words, but you wrote the story so you get the final say. The singing was just a bit OTT, but it was different from the usual, so okay. A good read, and well written, thanks for sharing.

waifwaif6 months ago

I call bull shit before she even started to sing. If she felt that way she could never have treated him so disrespectfully after all his warnings.

Rocky62Rocky626 months ago

Even the people of Hollyweird thank family at awards events,,,,, but its fiction and we need one of the couple to F things up so apologies can follow

jflindersjflinders6 months ago

Both this and the original have the wife acting horribly, it being clear that the marriage wasn't important to her and Gerald was. Both the reconciliations are contrived and I dislike both of them.

muskyboymuskyboy6 months ago

Didn't convince me she was forgivable.

PowersworderPowersworder6 months ago

He should've divorced her anyway.

She neglected her husband, put no effort into their marriage or intimacy, and allowed her colleagues to repeatedly humiliate him.

For once the divorce would've worked in his favour. He would've got the kids, the house, child support and maintenance. Then he could've replaced the self-centred bitch with the babysitter.

-

This story did contain an import lesson though.

Never get married to workaholic career women. They make shit wives. They will always prioritise their job over the husband and family.

RePhilRePhil6 months ago

To hell with the anon’s. 10* for originality!! Well done. 5* for the story. You can tell the single and divorced readers easily by their petulant and presumptuous comments.

Bry1977Bry19776 months ago

I actually liked this one much better!

MasterKoteMasterKote6 months ago

Sorry not saying they should divorce but until he said what he said, she was too dumb to realize it. And also an apology no matter how sincere like what she did shouldn't of turned all the anguish he experienced for that long to go away like that so quickly. Good in the beginning but fell off because of that. I am willing to bet in real life, this would've taken a lot longer to reconcile but I understand why the author wrapped it up like that here on this site.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

A good story with an interesting twist Although I'm a BTB guy, I truly love happy endings if they make sense. This one does just that.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

You told us the exact truth up front. The endings are reconciliations. Only the details of exactly how his wife spit on him and what he exactly did to bring the problem to an end are varied. Was it worth 2 separate stories? In my opinion no. But that being said they were both enjoyable. 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Those people don't seem British at all.

PBD2022PBD20226 months ago

MC was suspicious about what? If there is smoke there is fire.

SirCarlSirCarl6 months ago

Well thought-out, written, and presented

.

WvrjjrWvrjjr6 months ago
Bravo 5*

That was pretty powerful. I really liked it. Thank you for your writing. Wayne

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit6 months ago

Good story. Still, I don’t understand why Christine would recognize Ralph when she knew he was after sex, and realized that the support credit was due to Ryan. By the time she reached the podium, Ryan already balked at attending and started to leave 3 times. She knew how it would affect him. Rehearsing her song demonstrated that she could think on the fly. Going ahead with Ralph’s idiocy doesn’t fit her character.

BGHillmanBGHillman6 months ago

I LOVE the way you wrote this piece!!!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

The MC was a whiny little bitch. Frankly, I think his wife would be better off without him.

26thNC26thNC6 months ago

I’m not usually so soft hearted, but I really enjoyed this story. You did damned good. A *5 from me.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Couldnt finish this one. You should have stopped at the original. Sorry, this one is not good.

montanaboy12montanaboy126 months ago

Thank you for this!

WargamerWargamer6 months ago

I liked this story better. More uplifting shall l say.

Scores 5/5 just for being a happy story

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I really liked the ending BUT if his wife really was so smart how come she did not realize how import the love and support of her husband for soooooo long Just saying (jaybee186)

Simon_MastersSimon_Masters6 months ago

Think this is my first read of one of your stories, I like it.

EhsheehsheEhsheehshe6 months ago

Love the story great work

jocko_smithjocko_smith6 months ago

I call nonsense on this. IF you respect your spouse, you treat them well, and you don't allow others to mistreat them. Is there something complicated about that?

She was just covering her ass to try to prevent a divorce, which should have happened.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Cute gimmick with the song, but the other story wad much better written and didn't paper over some obvious things.

Still don't get why so many commenters assert their versions of the story where she chested and for away with it. You do realize this story was written by the author and the author states with complete certainty that she did not cheat in the author's story. Write your own versions of you want. Otherwise realize it was the authot and not your imagination that made this fictional story.

Tomh1966Tomh19666 months ago

I liked it.

LOL at the comments that the wife did something else when the author specifically states that is not the case. I use the term my universe, my rules. Happens in my stories too. If the wife even looked at another man I get comments she was getting gangbangs of midgets, BBC and circus clowns. Oh and the obligatory NFL player.

Keep writing and ignore the anon insults.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

As a serious story, it's a three.

As a satire, it's a solid 4 for how ridiculous it is. The singing was so unnecessary that it made me laugh.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

You've got to love the illiterate morons like @RePhil who can't read the words under the ratings and have no fucking clue beyond "big number bigger?" when rating a story.

-

As to your claim of identifying single and divorced readers, well, sorry to rain on your stupidity parade but, you're misguided. It's kind of like saying you can pick out suicidal people because they watch murder mysteries. Further, the never married type of single and divorced type of single are quite different, not to mention the monkey wrench that the divorced and remarried group throws into your claim. In fact, I would guess that while the divorced crowd is more BTB, the never married crowd is probably the biggest group of trolls posting willing cucks stories as they have no idea what marriage actually entails. Thus, your lumping them together is simply a sign of your ignorance but, then again, your entire rant is a declaration of stupidity...

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Nicely flowing prose, even if the story is marred by the mawkishness of the silly song scene and the husband's initial reactions to his wife's disrespect at the event. How the handshake scene was supposed to make the husband look anything other than like a whinging little bitch is a mystery. Despite all the feminist bullshit authors here have living rent free in their heads, women, whether they admit it or not, at a visceral level don't respect men who play a female role in a marriage. Moreover, women playing men's roles in the workplace tend to be unhappy and neurotic. The false consciousness engendered by feminism cannot erase the profound genetic differences between men and women or millenia of evolution. So, don't think stories that include LW tropes about marriage being a relationship between equals is anything other than baseless, modern, toxic bullshit. You can force a size 9 foot into a size 8 shoe, but it will never be comfortable.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Was hopeful but not much here to like. Two stars:

.

Repetitive. Editing glitches.

.

Too many speeches/songs. Irritating that Hubby was leaving company function but did not actually go.

.

Rather lame ass excuses for explaining photos with boss. An those are the public photos...anything could have gone down in private.

.

Management would ask hubby and wife to leave the premises, not just sit there and watch the shit show.

.

Zero semblance to reality. If you can't sort it out in private it is not very likely you are going to be able to sort it out in public. Who in the hell would want to?

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Doesn't make any sense that she figured out that not recognizing him at all and pointing to the other guy was wrong so she makes a song but still does not recognize husband in the speech? She could have made her own speech praising her husband AND STILL do the stupid song.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Sickly sweet... It's more like utopia... The author, do not blame me... And apparently we all need to get a piece of positivity. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Hummm, was the naughty manager fired? It looks like the Good Guys all won. 4*

BSreaderBSreader6 months ago
5 stars

Well done.

OldbuddyOldbuddy6 months ago

First, Thank you for sharing your talent with us. Maybe it's not fair to compare, but I feel the 1st version was a 5 through and through. This one, can't hold a candle to it. 2.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill696 months ago

Love your stories about real life. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Hubby is a coward, not too bright either. not many starts.

ncdeepdiverncdeepdiver6 months ago

I am torn between which ending I like best, but I like both of them. Well done!

RePhilRePhil6 months ago

I had to come back to this one. The “practiced” line seemed to set it up as if she always planned to thank him. I didn’t believe it the first time However on reread I see she was on the up and up. The remaining question is would the song have been for her boss if she wasn’t holding the divorce papers the answer would be no. It’s unavoidable that each person applies their own reality to what they read. Most often than not it is incorrect and not what the author is communicating. Personal Realities are harmless only when they are consciously fractured in

RePhilRePhil6 months ago

I use Microsoft spell check so any misspelled words in my comments are it’s fault. Hahaha have a great day

XluckyleeXluckylee6 months ago

5 stars from Xluckylee

OOAAOOAA6 months ago

I was expecting more burning.... hahaha

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades6 months ago

Enjoyed both versions, this one a little bit more. Thanks for your writing.

pjpbpjpb6 months ago

3/5 both stories

in both stories we have long term emotional affair and declarations of love and undying gratitude not matching facts 5 minutes, 1 month, 2 years earlier.

inka2222inka22225 months ago

4 stars. I will take the author's word that she didn't sleep with Ralph. But the excuse for the stuff in the pictures was between laughable and ridiculous, but in either case NOT believable at all. She's either lying to him, or at the very least, to herself.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I liked both stories and gave this part a 4. I liked it well enough, but I still wonder did they have 2 children or 3 (both stories), as it seemed like they had 3 but only 2 were mentioned after mentioning their births. I did actually prefer the first story better, as it seemed more natural and flowed well, while parts of this one seemed a little forced to get it to fit your ending. Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy reading them (both in one sitting), but just preferred the first one.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

3 stars. This felt rather flat. Whether she admitted it or not. She was involved in an emotional affair. Her actions at the awards ceremony was all damage control.

RePhilRePhil3 months ago

Her first speech said it all. She cheated on him in the worst way possible, emotionally and subconsciously. Shows the true worth of her person which is zero. Good try with the song and spin. But 2 years vs one night sorry buddy your one day late and a dollar short.

RePhilRePhil3 months ago

Btw amazing writing!! And to love or hate a story never detracts from a writers talent, of which you have more than a fair share

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I accept that she didn't physically cheat on him with Ralph but there was at least some degree of an emotional affair, even if she really didn't want to. She wasn't treating her husband with the respect he deserved for supporting and loving her all those years. She admits she fucked up on her 10th anniversary and never wanted to do something that hurtful again, after seeing how hurt her husband was. Yet less than 2 years later she's being a cold fish towards him, as if that rather recent experience has been all-too-soon forgotten, giving him only a chaste kiss and hug at her function, and not saying anything about her husband in her speech. Only a complete idiot of a wife would think that her husband would be OK with that, especially given past experiences. And she's meant to be a very intelligent woman. It just doesn't add up. Oh and she had apparently planned a whole song and speech to let her husband know. That seems very convenient. Why not tell him about the shit that was going down? If she had just said to ignore the speech that was all her boss' doing and that she has a very special surprise for him afterwards, it would have been fine. She also admits not sticking up for him when her co-workers insult him. That alone is grounds for divorce for many. Why stick with someone that won't defend you? Not much of a marriage there. For me I think this might be a case of "too little, too late." She has her work cut out for her to earn forgiveness and his faith and trust back.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos3 months ago

I liked it, but took a star off for the cringey song

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

The author made it clear she didn't cheat. There was no emotional affair, unlike the other chapter before this. Ralph kept pushing her and was sexually harassing her. She put too much into the company, took her husband's support for granted, and didn't want to make waves to get the promotion. Women in such situations who are workaholics are more vulnerable to office politics and sexual harassment, because they are afraid to lose their job / career. She herself knew something was wrong in the marriage and planned to sing, but she caved when she changed her speech. Ralph is an asshole and a sexual harasser / predator. But for the last two year, especially one year, he got as far as an arm around the waist, holding hands at a restaurant table, and dancing with her. Those snapshots will often show the most damning thing. While they may ruffle the feathers of husbands who (rightfully so) apply the spouse test, in which case she failed, calling that cheating is inane, and verified by the author. She was actually quite resilient, threading the needle given all the sexual harassment. That being said, thr husband was never second fiddle to Ralph. He was second diddle to her job. While she disrespected her husband by not defending him in front of her colleagues, such crap has happened for decades with the genders reversed, though it is unlikely a male colleague or supervisor would talk even a little smack abiut another man's wife without getting a punch to the face. Some women who are so afraid to lose their job or their career path, often knuckle unde the pressure and let the negative comments slide, keeping their anger in check. Nor all. Some. It is short-sighted, but on the other hand a women who protests such talk will often get penalized or ostracized, while a man will often be "upgraded" for standing up for his at home spouse. Sad but true. As far as gender role reversal, my father disrespected my mom who stayed at home and took care of the kids. Stay at home parents for a lot of work. Not the same as a long 50+ hour week in a job, but still stressful and hard work, just in a different way. Stay at home spouses who take care of the house and family should be respected. Period. I have always respected Mt wife of 31 years, thiugh a couple of times U worked too hard, putting are marriage unto a bit if a but. 5 stars.

SteelPaperTSteelPaperTabout 1 month ago

She REALIZED she was humiliating him by leaving him out of her acceptance, and wanted to make it up with a song? Oh, first I shoot you, but I have a surgeon on stand-by ... That's true love for sure

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Why did she agree to remove her husband's name even after knowing Gerald only wanted sex from her .I think the song was an impromptu decision to save the marriage .

Pappy7Pappy7about 1 month ago

The first line of both of these stories should have been "Once Upon A Time" or "This Ain't No Bullshit" depending on the setting. It read like one or the other. I get that the guy is an aircraft mechanic and technical writer so probably no inclination to get really physical really quick and that's okay, I think that actually most people aren't that oriented but with years to dwell on it and if he was just afraid to get aggressive he could have taken testosterone shots, I don't think they are just for women in England, or maybe a self defense course to learn to take a punch. Or maybe just asserted himself more. Stories weren't bad, reading them was enjoyable but I really could have just read one and got the point, but I didn't want to. 4 stars

oldtwitoldtwit13 days ago

Very good, the plot was good and you put thought into how you wrote it, character set was nearly real.

AnonymousAnonymous12 days ago

Seemed a bit flat. Question, why did she only thank Ralph and not her husband? I can think of no reason, especially considering what she had planned.

Four stars worthy.

JPB NOT BOB

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman9 days ago

good story, good to see a real woman/wife admit her mistakes. Song "your my hero" is great. Just wondered how Dad could now work full time outside the house but he couldn't before.

RimmerdalRimmerdal7 days ago

CindyTV style raac.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLJA644@LJA644
I have asked Denham Forrest if I could use his words as I fully agree with them, for those of you who have not heard of him he is here. https://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=998438 he is also 'The Wanderer' I understand that some people do not enjoy my storie...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Recognition Previous Part
Recognition. Series Info