Recorded for Posterity

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As Chrissie pushed back a row of computers, Lisa was running back from the reception with the bean bags that were kept there for kids. As Lisa was scrubbing at the whiteboard to make sure it was nice and clean for the projector, Chrissie was taping some scrap paper over the glass window in the door.

A pair of laptop risers got turned into a miniature table between the two bean bags, and Lisa gave a test play of the movie she'd grabbed. Partly to make sure the colours were nice - which they weren't - and partly to make sure the movie was what it said it was. And not some cam thing.

As Lisa was cussing under her breath, trying to adjust the projector's display to be more suited to showing something with a depth of colour, Chrissie was keeping an eye by the window.

If Lisa felt the need to grab the food when it arrived, that would be one thing. If she went and got the custom order... That felt like it should be something that Chrissie gave her, not a delivery person shivering in the snow.

She went around the edge of computers, deploying a fireplace screensaver on all of them. Usually it went easy. But computers feel the need to act out all different, now and then. Those made her eye twitch.

Lisa seemed to be keeping an eye on the window, too. Chrissie couldn't afford to let the woman be the one to race off for the delivery. She wanted to treat her, all by herself.

Chrissie fluffed the bean bags, and mostly had nothing to do but check the window. Lisa tapped away on a keyboard and queued up the movie, and made sure the projector was level by twisting away at the feet. Apparently no one had bothered with more than 'almost' right.

As they both looked around and suddenly became awkward with nothing to do, the doorbell sounded.

"I'll -" Lisa began, but Chrissie was racing out past her.

She didn't race for long, though. The elevator was a grindy old one. It would get close to a floor quickly, and then take a very long time to get actually level.

Chrissie stepped in, and headed down. Hoping that the delivery person wasn't about to leave their food in the snow. They did have microwaves, if it came to that. On the other hand, leaving someone standing in the sleet and snow would be downright cruel.

If however, it was the other delivery person, then they had to wait around. Chrissie had ordered from them before, just for herself. It was a kindly sort of treat that would make you smile, no matter who delivered.

Making them wait around in this insane weather was borderline workplace malpractice. All the same, it was the policy. Most workplaces were determined to get their own, regardless of the workers that it became grist for the mill.

Chrissie ran up to the front door, and hit the button to make it slide open. She smiled weakly, "I'm so sorry! I was up top."

The shivering man in front of her gave no smile, and thrust a paper bag towards her. She took the warm food and gave another apologetic smile, but he was wordlessly hurrying back to his steam-filled car.

She really couldn't blame him.

Chrissie waited for a minute, hoping pointlessly for the other delivery to arrive, before turning around and heading back for the elevator.

It ground and jerked with audible complaint as it lifted her back to the financial planning floor.

To her surprise, she found the door closed. More than just closed, their little office door was locked. Chrissie blinked and fished for her ID card and tapped it.

As it unlocked with a click, she heard Lisa call out from inside, "Wait! Not yet! Stay out!"

Chrissie cocked her head, but leaned back on her cold feet. Even just a little exposure to that wind had been brutal. She was feeling rather sorry for the driver she'd made stand around in it whilst she headed down.

Why was it that Christmas always seemed to either be the highlight of someone's year, or an absolutely trash reminder that most of their life sucked, and was only getting worse? She and the driver had too much in common. It wasn't fair to anyone to feel that way.

"Okay! You can come in!"

Chrissie swiped her ID again, and then used her elbow to open the door, as she carried in the paper bag of food that was piping hot. She blinked as she walked into almost complete darkness, lit only by the projector - which was showing off a black screen.

She let the door swing closed behind her, and stepped over carefully to the two beanbags, and put the food down on the risers. Chrissie looked around a little uncertainly, not spotting the woman who had called out to her.

The windows and blinds had their edges taped down by some duct tape that Lisa had found somewhere. Probably not great for the paintwork. Chrissie wouldn't have done it... But now done, it really did help give the feel of the cinema to their little impromptu thing.

"Whatever you do... Don't freak out. Okay?" Lisa called out uncertainly.

Chrissie spotted her in the dark, and put her hand to her mouth to bury the surprised laugh. She didn't really manage to stifle it, and she saw Lisa's cheeks blush as the sound carried.

Lisa gave a small shrug, looking sheepishly at the floor, "I kinda had it in the car. Running the stairs is faster than the elevator... So um..."

"Looks comfy." Chrissie tried to reassure her, "So... You're a sheep, right? Oh. Is this more than just a fun sleep thing, because I -"

"Not a furry!" Lisa said quickly, and shook her head, "I'm barely thinking about whether or not I like girls. I am nowhere near stepping into a whole new identity, Chrissie."

She shrugged, "No judgement."

"Not a furry. Just a girl who knows how to treat herself, which you really don't!" Lisa snapped.

Chrissie winced, "I really don't."

"No. So, here's a second one." Lisa said with a flustered irritation, holding out a black-furred sheep costume. The sort of thing that teenagers wore in movies, but Chrissie had never actually seen in real life before.

And she was a grown adult.

"I really don't -"

"Put it on. Or we're going outside to build a snowman." Lisa stated flatly.

Chrissie rolled her eyes and took the outfit. She fluidly removed her dress, because every office woman only ever wore a dress, and quickly yanked the fluffy thing up and around her underwear. She zipped it up and smiled at her friend, "It is cute. I'm just... Not cute. Totally you. I'm -"

"Ruining the party." Lisa rolled her eyes and dropped onto a beanbag, "Come on, party pooper. Time to sing along with some puppets."

"Sorry." Chrissie sat down carefully onto the noisy thing.

Which was when the doorbell went, again.

"Do. Not. Move!" Lisa sprang to her feet and pointed a threatening finger. "Stay put. If you move... We will have words."

Without pausing the movie she headed out, and Chrissie winced. It was very probably going to be the other delivery. She wasn't going to be there to give it the context it needed. There were all kinds of things that Lisa might read into it.

Especially as every time Lisa seemed to have a new thought about romancing women, she seemed to feel the need to keep it to herself. Chrissie could understand that. Wanting to work things out yourself, before wording them aloud.

All the same, Lisa was in a hurt and confused state, and now she was getting a context-less flower from a work friend she knew was bi.

Chrissie glanced towards the window, and very strongly considered rushing over and peeling it open to look out. Problem was, you couldn't actually see the foyer from above it. Looking out wouldn't help her at all.

Sitting still really was the best thing she could do.

She blew at her fringe, she'd screwed this one up.

The seconds ticked by very slowly, with the nearby fireplace screensavers crackling quietly. Fake little sparks, lighting up the air. Her furred jumpsuit really was snuggly and warm, even if she wasn't exactly at home in her own skin right at that moment.

Lisa really did take care of herself. Cute and fuzzy jumpsuits in the car. Taking herself out to tea all the time. She might not make any decent friends at work, who would invite her out to do something, but... The quiet woman really did lead the best life that she could.

Better one than Chrissie, anyways.

How had she never invited her to the Christmas parties she used to throw? That he used to throw, really. She had tried to reach out to everyone at work. Subconsciously hiding from him behind them. It was stupid predictable behaviour, pointing out just how bad he was, and she just hadn't seen it.

That's the thing, when someone else is bad for you. The instinct is to find excuses for them, and to blame yourself. You don't see the habits that they pick up, and the way that they beat you down. Even a year out from admitting he was everything wrong for her, she was still surprised to learn he'd been doing something else wrong - and it wasn't by accident.

Lisa had seen how bad hers was for herself. Even though she blamed everything on him cheating, she had complained about him before. She had seen what he did wrong, and tried to change it. Lisa was a woman who knew what she wanted, but far more than that, she knew how much respect she deserved. She could tell someone to screw off, when they treated her like crap.

The door cracked open slowly, and Chrissie resisted the urge to hide inside her hood. She looked up guiltily as the other woman very slowly tip-toed into the room. Lisa's face was hard to read in the shadows, but she was moving so very slowly that Chrissie thought she'd seriously screwed up.

Had the rose reminded her too much of the man she'd lost? Was that his favourite thing to give her? Was he the only one to give them to her?

Lisa hesitated, and then knelt in front of Chrissie's bean bag. Her face was impassive as she pulled the hood back, and then lifted Chrissie's chin up so she was looking her in the eye.

Chrissie swallowed nervously.

The other woman smiled very slowly, a brightness glowing in her eyes, even as they seemed to well up in tears. Lisa shook her head very slowly, smiling as she did, and then she leaned forward.

It was brief. Their lips barely touched at all. Trembling softness that pressed so very briefly into Chrissie's own. It translated into a kindness, a fearful set of emotions that was so very delicate.

Lisa leant back and gave a small sniffle, "Thankyou."

"Lisa..."

The other woman shook her head and stood up, before sitting down into the other beanbag. She reached out and took Chrissie's hand, "After the movie. I think... I think I need some space to think."

Chrissie held up their combined hands, "Space?"

"Closest you'll get with me. Shoosh."

With that the movie really did become the centre of attention. As often as Chrissie glanced over at the woman softly caressing her hand, she did also look at the screen. She laughed along with the story as it played out, and joined Lisa in clutching each other when the hooded figure of death appeared.

The chips and nuggets in-between them mostly vanished, but the rest were probably going to meet a freezer and microwave in the next few days. Chrissie swore that Lisa's iced tea vanished before the intro credits had even rolled. Her own drink still had half when the last song started playing.

She almost didn't dare to look when the credits started to roll. Lisa's hand squeezed hers just a tiny bit tighter. Chrissie took a deep breath and turned to face the inevitable conversation.

"First." Lisa began, "I absolutely know that the roses were not flirting. You tried to make my day, and you absolutely did."

Chrissie smiled, but when she went to speak, Lisa held up her other hand. "Second. The movie... Was absolutely me flirting with you. However... This is totally unfair of me... I don't actually know if I want you."

She blinked.

Lisa shrugged, "I don't know if I'm lesbian or bi or whatever. I've only ever thought I was straight. If we're going to do anything, then we might get as far as pulling down my pants before I suddenly stop you and say we've got nothing. It might be three dates down the line. That's unfair. It is what it is."

"Pants, already?" Chrissie squeaked, her throat tight as she forced the words out.

Lisa shrugged again, "Well... I kinda wanted to let you walk in on me getting changed. Very nearly did, just to gauge your reaction. Guess if I'm actually an option for you and... Say something! I don't know if you remotely like me like -"

Chrissie surprised both of them, by leaning over and kissing her. The angle was awkward and dug at the muscles in her stomach, so she couldn't make it last... And she had to admit, she wanted to make it last.

Lisa's lips were soft, but chapped. The bottom lip was just a little more plump than the top. They meshed with her own in a way that made her heart ache like it had been stabbed violently. Tempting, inviting, promising of something... Better.

Chrissie leaned back, her cheeks pink, and she swallowed nervously.

Lisa stared at for a moment, and then grinned and walked across on her knees, before climbing up onto the beanbag, her legs straddling Chrissie's own. She didn't say anything, just giving a triumphant smile before leaning down and resuming the kiss.

There was victory in it, but it wasn't lording anything over Chrissie. It was a celebration of finding each other. The sun and moon, reunited to dance out the fates to be declared by the stars. An infinity of balance, impossibly found too quickly, like a cosmic destiny erupting into a brilliant light.

Traces of tomato sauce exploded at the edge of her now-sensitive tongue, the two of them exchanging their meal even before Chrissie dared to press her tongue forward. Offering it, teasing at Lisa's teeth before pulling back. Leaving that next step up to the other woman.

There was a hesitance to Lisa, an in-rush of breath through her nose. She didn't proffer her own tongue for play. That was too much, too fast. Or maybe she was one of those who didn't like to french.

Chrissie eased back, but kept the kiss going. Two mouths softly becoming one. Not any eager race to force them together, like she might have done when she was young and stupid. This was a respectful balance, an intertwining of two souls both searching for something more.

Lisa was there, echoing every moment of the kiss. Gifting herself, giving everything of who she was to Chrissie. Lisa had never been more vulnerable, more uncertain of what it was that she wanted, but she was giving all of this to Chrissie. Giving her the opportunity to guide her through it.

Chrissie's hands relaxed from around Lisa's shoulders, drifting down her back to gently hold her waist. The other woman responded by giving the barest of movements to her hips, pressing down for just a fleeting moment - pressing them closer together.

Through the skin of the fur suit, she could feel Lisa's naked sides. Tensed for action, flexing with a surprising amount of muscle. Cold and fearful, despite the taste of bliss in the moment.

Lisa pulled back ever so slowly. Chrissie leant up with her for a moment, before that delicate little kiss was lost between them.

The woman on top beamed down at her, taking a second to catch her breath. Chrissie was leaning on her elbows and looking up at her - a billion thoughts blitzing through her head about how inappropriate what they had just done was. Feeling like she might be taking advantage of a hurting coworker.

"That... Felt..." Lisa put one hand to her chest, taking a deep breath, "Was it like that for you? The first time? No guy has ever come close to that. Never."

"I go both ways." Chrissie replied quietly, "It's... The same for me. As long as I love someone, it's like that."

Lisa smiled crookedly, "You love me? That ain't too quick?"

"Lisa..."

"Teasing." She grinned and brushed at Chrissie's brow, "I... It's early days. We're definitely going to need to take some time to see where this goes. But... I'm reckless enough to say it. I reckon I might just love you, Chrissie."

She reached up a hand and cupped the woman's cheek, "You certainly managed to catch my attention. I regret not seeing you before."

"Wanna see a lil more?" Lisa grinned.

Without waiting for an answer, she drew down the zip at the front of her outfit, and effortlessly shrugged it off backwards - which gave Chrissie a front row view of the faded white bra and their contents. It was older, and covered in a sort of floral patterning.

What was inside... Was firmer than her own, and definitely jealousy inducing.

Before she could really take it all in, though, their mouths were back together. Chrissie could feel the bra pressing against her own chest, the thin furred suit all that was between them. Breathing together, holding each other as one.

Chrissie had never felt this perfectly in sync with anybody else. Never. She had times when she had led, and times she had followed, but this was not that. They started to respond to each other, even before the other one started doing it.

Her tongue reached forward at the same moment as Lisa's own.

The woman still hesitated, but she didn't pull away this time. The two of them united, meshing together. It was instinctive, the way they explored each other's mouths.

Lisa leaned down further, and Chrissie's hands found the middle of her back. Pulling them closer together. Lisa responded by ever so slightly pressing her hips down, and surprising Chrissie.

She broke the kiss, looking up uncertainly.

Lisa bit the edge of her mouth, and smiled guiltily, "Not quite ready for that? Supposed to be a third date kind of thing, isn't it?"

"I... I want what you want." Chrissie blushed, "But... You... You don't think less of me, for it? Really?"

Lisa rolled her eyes, "I absolutely want to put your head betwixt my legs. You don't think less of me for that, do you?"

Chrissie answered her by flipping them over, landing Lisa into the beanbag with a hiss of air and rustle of the pellets inside. She smiled down at her and sank down to her knees, leaning forward and kissing at the edge of Lisa's panties. "I think these might be in the way."

"Oh gawd." Lisa breathed out weakly, her accent going husky.

Using just the edge of her teeth, Chrissie grasped the edge of the black panties and began to ease them down, ever so slowly. Along the thick white thighs, and over the nobbled knees, to drop with a sense of finality to the bottom of her ankles.

Lisa shivered, one hand reaching down tentatively to touch and coax at Chrissie's head. Not daring to breathe as she leaned forward, spreading the knees apart as she moved into that musty scent.

She kissed gently at the twisted and tangled hair, before looking up with a curious thought, "How many guys have gone down on you, before? You've never had a girl down here."

Lisa flushed bright red, and coughed, "Eh... None?"

That thought was precisely why Chrissie had asked the question. There was something about Lisa that had made her realise that the men in her life hadn't played fair. No turnabout.

She ran a hand along the inside of Lisa's thigh, "Well then. I get to be your first. And no one can ever take that away from us. I'm your first."

Lisa shivered, her throat catching.

Before the tears might come, Chrissie nestled herself back down. Her nose probing at the hair of the bush, before touching just gently onto the button she was searching for.

The beanbag sounded like the waves at the beach, as Lisa instinctively pulled back into it. Chrissie's tongue just barely moving forward, her breath heating her target zone. Lisa gave a gasp that turned into a mewling sound at the bottom of her throat, as the tongue moved forward into its home.

Chrissie was the one to be surprised.

She had absolutely not expected Lisa to be wet. Nobody gets wet, that easily. It takes time and romance, coaxing and gently easing and... Chrissie's tongue was instantly lapping away at the woman.