All Comments on 'Redemption'

by AzureAsh

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
What is this story doing in Literotica ?

Excellent story, dealing with depression and emotional issues on a mature and sensitive level. I’m sure many readers will be disappointed because it’s so different from the usual stories in this genre. Congratulations on a well written, thoughtful and believable story. I gave it 5 stars.

gametime279gametime279over 3 years ago
Great story!

It's very different from any other story I've read on here and as one other commenter mentioned, addresses an issue that's very real to a great number of people. Five stars here.

AzureAshAzureAshover 3 years agoAuthor
Thank you!

@Anon and @gametime279 -- Thank you so much for your kind and encouraging words. I'm glad you found the story likeable.

@Anon -- Sorry the story was way too long for your liking. I get what you are saying. But, journey is as important as the destination and sometimes even more. And sometimes the journey can be long.... Anyways, thanks a lot for making it through and leaving your thoughts.

@cageysea9725 -- Sir, thank you for your brutal yet honest words. I really appreciate them. I'm sorry you couldn't navigate through the story. I have noted your observations and I'm sure they will definitely help me.

Lastly, a sincere thanks to everyone who read the story. Do let me know your thoughts -- what worked for you and what didn't... you may post a comment here or send it to me privately. Always happy to hear from you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wonderful

This is by all means a beautiful story

AzureAshAzureAshover 3 years agoAuthor
@Anon

Thank you for your time on this story and your kind words :)

estelarestelarover 3 years ago

I just love it, the story is very well structured and it slowly went away with the problems, perfect for this story.

It also touches the subject of depression in a good way in a totally credible way.

one of the best stories I have read.

5 stars <3

-Oryx

AzureAshAzureAshover 3 years agoAuthor
@estelar

Thank you so much for giving this story your time, and for your heart-warming comment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Superb!

Incredibly well written.

Easy to read due to your using if short stanzas.

Nice buildup to a beautiful ending.

Please continue writing!

AzureAshAzureAshover 3 years agoAuthor

Thank you, Anon :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Wowzers!

Well, first my fun bits!

"You're my first, Sil. I never did that with anyone before. I saw it on, you know, 'those' movies, and I read about it in 'those' stories."

Lol, well it just must have been from 'those' stories, because every video Ive ever seen, where the guy's (or girl's;) mouth wasn't totally covering her pussy, he was just doing stupid inane shit that would probably mostly annoy her, while she was thinking "just get ON with it already!" Hehe.

"I love you", he said

"I know", was what I said, and we closed our eyes smiling warmly as he held me.

...well, knowing them like we do, it really doesn't matter in the big scheme of things, but still, I've gotta say it!

'I know' ?!? Thats like the death knell, hehe, like the invisible blood red flag that pops up over your head signalling the end of all things happy! :)

...well now.. whew, what a story!! That was amazingly well written! Almost shockingly so. Usually when I comment on a story that I found basically enjoyable and pretty good, I'll say it was 'well written' more as a generalization, like saying 'you look nice'. This story was articulate and written in a way that kept my attention even though they were talking about stuff that I don't understand much about (taxes in general) and really don't want to talk, hear, or think about! (taxes in specific;). There was zero repetitiveness and it flowed so well that I didn't do something that I catch myself doing on quite a few stories on here, skimming or skipping entire tiresome, repetative or boring paragraphs at a time. It was a delight to read... Even the taxing bits! (Sorry, had to be cheesy!)

The ending wrapped up quicker than I expected, but it was well done, it could be left alone or leave room for another chapter, say, moving in together!

Thsnks for the great read, I'll have to see if you have other stuff!

AzureAshAzureAshabout 3 years agoAuthor
@Anon

Thank you so much for your amazing feedback. It's my turn now to say wowzers!

I love you -- I know: well this was a reference to a scene in the movie "The Empire Strikes Back"; the male protagonist is on his way to be carbon-freezed by the bad guys, that's when the female protagonist professes her love for him. And that's when he replies, "I know!" The story had a sombre undertone so I thought of lightening things by goofing up a bit. It sounded sweet, cocky and cute, and I thought, why not!

I'm glad the 'taxing' bits (haha!) didn't repulse you. All of those bits might have been awkward to read, but now that I think of it, they kinda metaphorically represent the initial awkwardness between the siblings. But in any case, it's meant to be romantic sex story, who talks so much tax!

If you happen to read this follow on comment, and if you choose to read my other work, please do let me know what you think of it.

Thanks again,

Ash

ScottishTexanScottishTexanalmost 3 years ago

As someone who suffers from depression, I can affirm that what you said in the last few paragraphs of your story are absolutely dead on correct.

The only time I was never suffering from depression was when my second wife was giving me her unconditional love. I was stronger, faster, and more resilient than ever during those years. Sadly though, it wasn't destined to last forever. Unbeknownst to me, she had severe mental health issues. Like her mother, she is a sociopath and a narcissist. I suspect that she may even have bipolar problems as well. Her mind snapped after our youngest child was born and she slowly descended into the full grip of her disorder. It sent me into a downward spiral and I nearly crashed and burned. Fortunately, I was smart enough and wise enough to get the help I needed. But the point is that the cure for depression comes from the outside. You can desire to feel better and be totally open to accepting the therapy. But you're not going to get better without someone else loving you and giving you a reason to carry on.

AzureAshAzureAshalmost 3 years agoAuthor

@ScottishTexan -- It saddens me to hear what you've been through. I wish you well.

I agree with what you've said. You do need someone else loving you and giving you a reason to carry on. It's extremely difficult to generate one all by yourself. Sometimes on the inside you are nothing. And nothing comes of nothing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Well done.

In these stories, the best of which include enough romance (or romancing appropriate to the characters, not generically "romantic") to fit that category, I frequently find myself looking to see if I identify with the male, or am drawn to the female, for her mind, her heart, or her sensuality.

Your protagonist is interesting and thoughtful, as well as convincingly in love.

It was nice to meet her.

Thanks for sharing.

AzureAshAzureAshalmost 3 years agoAuthor

@Anon -- Thank you for your kind words. And thank you so much for your thoughts on Silvia.

Warmly, Ash

PhoenixLore1981PhoenixLore19818 months ago

Well for the most what you wrote about is true where you stated his parents couldn't be to blame for the way they approached him that made him draw back again is wrong where you said a direct approach wasn't the way is also wrong I suffer from depression myself a direct approach while being understanding of the issue at the same time works best the parents had the direct approach part correct but they had no sympathy and understanding which is why they can and should be held to blame at that time frame you are right about there being no cure for depression all you can do is manage it and you also right that if you don't want to help yourself then no amount of treatment and counseling will help I'm just now starting to get my depression under control again after years of not having it under control talking with someone who truly knows what it is like to be depressed helps more than any kind of medication and counselor can

PhoenixLore1981PhoenixLore19818 months ago

However it was a pretty realistic story which made it even better and on a subject that is damn impossible to fully understand and comprehend unless you have to deal with some of it yourself while some of what you said does say you are speaking from experience some says you researched and basically going with what Google says

Red_22bRed_22b4 months ago

Stories like this are what I aspire to write. Stories that touch people in deeper ways than people waking up one morning with taboo urges.

Thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous