All Comments on 'Redemption Ch. 14'

by LevanaHyll

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Your #1 fan

Love all your 📚📗📘📙📔 You're the best of this era

Jenny

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I love it!

Now the long wait for the next book. You know more than two days is too long of a wait lol. I have enjoyed all of this series and will be sad when you are done with it. I will just have to read them all over again. I know it is a hardship, but one I am willing to endure :) I've said it before and I will again....I love your writing. Seth and Ama is going to be supernova when it hits Lit. Which category will it start under?

DracosBaby

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

I have liked your series so far and must admit I have been waiting ages for Seth & Ama's story to begin. But I have to say that I found this arc to be a bit disjointed and confusing. Which sucks because I love Lucien's character. I feel like there were too many sudden deus ex machina and that transitions could have been smoother. Many times I had to reread and still couldn't figure it out so I had to just make myself accept what I was reading. I have a preference for complicated reading, so it's not like I just couldn't follow. So I think perhaps you should revise this story because it's not the same standard as the rest of your series. And sadly, because of that you've dropped in my author rating. I know you can do it so please try. I only write this because I love for people to be their best and know that sometimes we need honest critique instead of faithful praise.

VdangerVdangerover 9 years ago
Not quite what I was hoping for

I love your stuff. Have read all of your books multiple times because your universe, characterisation, and love for your characters usually shines through in the way they love each other. This one just lacked your usual flair. I didn't connect with any of the characters at any time, and the story was disjointed, confusing and felt rushed. Which is odd because of the long breaks between instalments. The story read like it was something you just wanted over and done with. I think if you come back to it in time and do a rewrite, it will take on your usual good form. Please don't give up on the story because I'd like to read it again once you are truely happy with it. The hint of Seth and Ama confirms that this story was not your usual style. Sorry if any of this sounds harsh, I would never want to discourage you because you are a great writer...one of my faves!!

LevanaHyllLevanaHyllover 9 years agoAuthor
Rushed

It was. I'm going to say what I didn't like about this story. It was supposed to be about three people who end up together and fall in love. But in reality it turned more into Lucien and Boy with Girl thrown in. I've been thinking about why that happened and feel that I was so worried about boy being rejected I focused more on endearing him to everyone. Writing a story with three main characters is very hard. The ones I've read always make one of the three come out like a spare. I wanted my trio more tightly knit than that but missed by a long shot. There is another version of this story, totally different than this rewrite. Possibly I should go back to the original and start from there, but it's hard to please everyone when the ones voting the story down stay quiet. Probably why I rushed the end just to get it over with. I'm going through an extremely rough time right now in my personal world and though writing is my outlet, I get frustrated when I get no feedback. Writing The Witch and the Dragon was so fulfilling because despite the sucky scores, people were commenting, a lot. With DA and this one not so much and they had higher scores...except for the last two chapters of Redemption which I pretty much just pushed through. I figure, if you had time to tap a score, you have time to point out what you didn't like. Comments mean more to me than the score. After the holidays, maybe, I can go back to the original Redemption and start from there. Of course if there's no feedback on that one, I don't want to waste my time with it. From the beginning of Redemption I was being asked about Ama and Seth's story, which was kinda disappointing for me with Lucien's story. It took me almost a year to get Luke's story out to almost total silence. One fan said she'd read it when I was done, which I totally get, don't get me wrong, but there was no direction from anyone. As each chapter goes up, it's easier for me if what's going wrong is pointed out immediately so I can do something about it. I do appreciate the input though, really. There's still Ama and Seth's story to write and those two, due to their love/hate relationship will be fun for me to write. And right now I need fun to shed a little light on the situation called life in my personal universe.

kirbymoekirbymoeover 9 years ago
Feedback

I would love to read the original version of Redemption to compare. At your request for more feedback I agree that the three characters got a little disjointed along the way. I think I would have liked it more if it was just Lucien and Boy, honestly. There was too much going on at once with 3 main characters in this kind of story, and like another commenter said it was hard to follow. That being said I have always liked Lucien's character, as he is far more complex than some of the others in your series. Overall I did really enjoy this story, but it defiantly has a rough draft feel compared to your other work. Don't get too discouraged, people are obviously enjoying what you are producing, so keep it up! It's great that you wanted to challenge yourself with more complex character interactions, but with that comes more editing and making sure everything has a good flow. Looking forward to the next story :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
*sigh* you asked for this...

I love all your stories but this one. I have to agree with vdanger. It felt rushed and I couldn't connect with the characters. I mentioned before that girl-Rayne doesn't feel like girl-Rayne at all. Halfway through the story, I felt like she was an entirely new character and not the same girl you have been teasing us with since "The Witch and the Dragon." Also, I have always wrote feedback prior to this story but with this, I didn't like the character development but wanted to wait and see on which direction you were going to take it, as you are driver on this ride and was willing to wait the development out... Well, that's my excuse on my lack of feedback, I don't know about the others. To tell you the truth I like girl-Rayne prior to stasis. After she woke up from her sleep she was such an alien character, she was like a total stranger to me and I couldn't warm up to her. She was just 'unlikeable!' It didn't help that when she reunited with Lucien (she) felt like she was a home-wrecker. I guess this is the consequence of building up boy-Rayne that girl-Rayne took a backseat to him. I do love that we see a different softer and sometimes just plain miserable Lucien. It adds depth to his character and brings understanding to why he Used to hate his brother. My personal fave moment was when he visited girl-Rayne's med room and asked forgiveness for putting her in the stasis even though he knew how much she hated the thing. So in love and twisted inside. It just hit me in the feels every time. I also liked boy-Rayne's development that I have nothing to say. so overall, I think the chink in the armor is-- girl-Rayne. Lucien wanted a Normal life for her and that was the whole point she went into stasis. But ever since she woke up she spent most of her time either angry or horny for Lucien, and not much else. That's why I said I was hoping that she would live some time off world without the alpha Angels, which you promised but never delivered. Also, I actually liked the fact that girl-Rayne is scared of the stasis, it made her more human-like rather than just a cum dumpster. It tells as readers that she also thinks about something else other than thinking of ways to seduce/lure Lucien. Please don't let this rant discourage you, I love the alpha Angels story so much that I probably read your stories more than five times each. You painted such a fantastical universe. My favourite is "The Witch and the Dragon," but my favourite character is and forever will be, amen-- Remy Fyre. Please keep on writing and I'll be waiting breathlessly for the next instalment.

Love and regards,

G

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Leva Darling - its Kyriae

hi hun

im sorry i wasn't able to comment or score you on the last chapters in Redemption.. it is for the simple fact i couldn't find it and it was such a hassle to go searching for it...

so now i have the time i did.... and this is my take on it

as you said in your prev comment below, you were trying not to let boy be left out and you didn't... so much so that even i ( and you know i read all your books and was very objective, perhaps not to my Remi.... but hey)... I was endeared towards boy and girl felt like she wasn't to be there and was just a second thought as a replacement for boy to Lucien..

Now, girl was a submissive and since she was changed in stasis, she wasn't the same... and I think her submissive nature was what to me attracted Lucien to her.. because he is a dominant and he has been always through all your previous works... so i'm finding it hard to believe that half way through Redemption... Lucien sexual tastes changed on account of girl??!!?? im not to sure

As i have told you already this feels rushed and i wasn't in tune with a character a time or two and that left me feeling disjointed with the chapter...

i was very lost and kind of perturbed with girl making a deal with Samuel for Lucien baby and with that.... i was lost to the whole entire reason as to why this was in the plot in the first place but i hope it will become clearer in the next book...

and letting boy take her after begging for Lucien time and time again seems so... tacky cause it doesn't feel at time you know what to do with her...

so to say this... i like boy how he is and his development has been splendid and on that account bravo to you... Lucien seems to have lost the edge that was just him and in turn feels different and muted and not as bold as he was not the Lucien i see.. tortured and trying to live his life as best he can with what he has.. if it is love for his Raynes that changed him... idk........

he is who he is with boy but im not seeing it with girl.. the Lucien i see with boy is how i wanted it to be. his possessiveness.. anger love and pain he has with boy is how i wanted him to be with both and boy n girl to be family with a raging sexual attraction to each other but primarily on to Lucien.. and that is not what i got

all in all... past all that it is not bad how u have it here.. rushed and a bit disjointed but not bad..... i will love to see the other version of redemption you have just to make a comparison of the two..but choice is yours..... i and others have been itching on your heels for Seth and i think that was sort of an issue as well.... we love your work but because it wasn't Seth at the time who we were all craving for responses have been down..

i wish you all the best this season and i hope this helps

nuff love

Kyriae

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
great story - mixed feelings about the end

I mean I loved that you made Boy dominant with Girl and that they all got together in the end I just feel there was a little more to the story - like Girl telling Lucien and Boy about what Sammael was planning. but all that being said I am sooooo pumped that we are finally getting to Seth and Ama's story. I have been waiting for this one since you introduced both characters! Please let this be a long one!!! please!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
soilent green is people!

Ok as someone who read the series sortof backwards starting with witch and the dragon, my opinion of lucien was similar to Ashriels's and as i went farther back, seeing the respect the team once had for him and knowing what He was going to do made me think...."noway im mad you you're awful." and as the last couple of stories came out im like"nice try no im still gonna be mad" and welp now I cannot be mad at lucien anymore. Akward part is I relate to him a bit, specially that bitter outlook on the world. I loved that he came back and despite his best efforts to not change he did, and for the better from,the love from those,around him. I like both Rain and boy. I was excited for seing how a careing....together tiad would go, being one who's open with that to begin with, i would have liked a little more time of the jelousy and or mistrust to be defeated with devotion and loyalty but goddamit sammy u fucker....he snuck in there. Woops. That looks like A problem they'll have to sort out later....oh boy! I was rooting for new girl Rain. But that felt...shortlived. She reminded me of myself,too for a little bit. I wonder if a few pices of that self will stick with her and show up later.I was hoping for more of lucien being like"what the hell where'd this come from?" I like boy as he is......i was expecting them to make up or get a new name for themselves. A more genderless one to ease lucien into the "it doesn't matter" thing and so we don't have to compare the boy and girl,so,much. But i read these half awake when I cannot sleep and haven't really read them more than once each so these are just my feelings which are definately not part of your mind. I love all the stories so far I say keep it up! Especially if you make them for you. Fans are great but your mind and worlds your rules!- that Megan :U

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Great Series :)

To begin I have to start with the fact that this whole story series of yours is one of my absolute favorite. [That is without quantifiers like category and not just restricted to this site alone.] I have read all but this latest book multiple times, perhaps due to that I feel that some parts of this book feel rushed/underdeveloped. Possibly because there are so many new characters in this book? On that note, I am a bit confused about how quick Rayne's rebirth/independent(ish) personality seemed to revert to her previous Lucien dependent one. [Perhaps it is just my hope she got/retained a bit more from her rebirth.] I really hope that because of all the new characters in this book you will go on write many more books/stories [however it is that you think of them :) ]. I truly look forward to more of your writing and can not wait to see further development of all these new characters [as well as the older ones ;) - say nothing of the babies/kids, a branch series later perhaps?].

Pleeese and Thank you

P.S. Sorry for the annon my is experiencing technical difficulties at the moment.

Freshmeat301Freshmeat301about 9 years ago
You're Series.... WOW

I usually don't comment because I typically read on my e-reader and the virtual keyboard is a hassle but you were quite clear in your desire for comments. I have given you really high marks on this series. Your creativity is remarkable and your editing isn't too bad either. The stories were page turners and the characters had depth and personality. The sex scenes were hot but the story line was fulfilling enough that I didn't feel like I was just reading about an out and out F*#kfest. I would definitely purchase your works if necessary just to support your talent. Thanks for sharing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Wow!!

You never cease to amaze me. This along with the first five books of the series, is amazing. I have bought the first give and am waiting for this one as well as Seth and Ama's story to be available. You have incredible talent.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Can't wait to see what happens next

I'm so in love with everything about this series. I want more. Like yesterday. Keep writing you are great.

taco1085taco1085almost 7 years ago
thats it

what, thats it... nothing further about Ama's army and Seth and her hooking up. Nothing about the first child and Samuel..... i hate that... it leaves too much to the imagination..... rofl.... thanks for a great read.... wonderful story and although i dont like the ending i love the story.....

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous