All Comments on 'Redneck Rich'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 255 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Truly a great tale

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

It started out good, but degraded as it continued. It really fell off at the end when you switched from story telling to practically bullet pointing events, which is when I started skimming it like I probably should have several pages sooner. By the final words, I was very disappointed. Definitely not one of your quality works and definitely not worthy of the number of words you included in it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Loved it!

Mini correction -- the battle of New Orleans, the last battle of the war of 1812, was actually in 1815, having been fought after the war was settled but of course, neither side knew that.

SorchakSorchakabout 1 year ago

So, the song 'Northwest Passage' is almost a second National anthem, eh? That's funny, how come I don't know that? After all, I'm only almost 50 and have never left Canada other than for some brief forays into Washington State. Well, there's the fact that it came out in the early 80s and is a type of song I'm not into. But to say it's 'almost a second National anthem' is a very broad (and wrong) generalization. Although the fact that he was born on the east coast and I the west, also probably has something to do with it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This rated a 5 stars, but I’d have rated a few others as a 10 if I could. Very heartwarming..

As for Clyde Cussler, I’ve only read one of his books. In that one as the book wound down to the end, magic happened & totally ruined the whole story. Never looked at another book of his.

Bill S.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyabout 1 year ago

Well done! Completely enjoyable reading time!

teslaownerteslaownerabout 1 year ago

Neat trick. Sailing to Florida and then going to Disneykand, which is 2500 miles away in Califirnia. On the other hand, Disney world is in Florida, with the Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, the Disney studio, and Animal Animal kingdom, along with a couple of water parks.

SatyrDickSatyrDickabout 1 year ago

[Revenge of the 6th 2023]

1st off love the reference to the current best U.K. chat show:

Just so my lawyer wouldn't be a liar, I got my agent to book a few talk shows in Europe, including the Graham Norton show.

2nd - the part about the Commodore's doc brought a tear to my eye.

3rd - so did the part about the cave.

A Beautiful story, Beautifully written!

11/10!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Please correct

Disneyland is in California

Disney world is in Florida

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Unfortunately adoption of children in the UK is a long road. The simple fact that you would expect them to go to church is enough to disqualify you, but going on such as anti- nuclear or eco-loon marches is a plus!

Driving licence age in the U.K. is 17

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story, thanks.

I don't let small inconsistencies bother me. This was quite an adventure. I just wish I had been a tenth that successful in my life.

-jog/CastAdrift

tonyneatotonyneato12 months ago

One of the best stories on Lit. I don't go crazy over Disney here or there, they were the best at the time they opened and since. There would be a ride in Frontiersland with a Redneck Rich theme. 5 Stars.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapter12 months ago

Somehow, better the second time around, and I really was impressed the first time I read this story. So much to pull the reader into his world that by the time it came to Fiona’s breakdown I found myself anxious all over again. So very well done. Thank you for a great story.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Okay, okay, you are one of my top authors. Reading your stories is akin to reading a well authored novel. I base that being a handicapped person basically confined to assisted living. Reading is my recreation now and I do so from 6 to 8 hours a day. Thank you for sharing your gift with us. 5+*s.

oldtwitoldtwit12 months ago

It’s not a bad story but for me you made it too long with too much uncalled for information, it went from a good cheating get your open back into a long look how good a person I am type of thing.

1959richard21959richard211 months ago

Well, I missed this story when it first posted.

Didn't miss very much.

Give you 3⭐️s.

The main MC bought his first house at 16 years-old with his wife 14. Ouch! You time line was off eight to ten years.

Then after the divorce. A boring story. I keep reading, waiting for something to happen....

Your stories lately are just filler, good techniques but nothing to fill more than a page.

Thank you for your efforts. I appreciate your large library of very interesting and entertaining stories 😀.

Thanks qhml1.

*

*

*

*

AMerryman

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

"Writers do the serious stuff. Storytellers just want to entertain you with a good read." And this time around you entertained well. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

When I saw the title my mind was thinking toward more traditional redneck affluence: a manufactured double wide home WITH the luxury two car carport. Boy! Was I wrong. What’s fairy tale! Besides true redneck women’s don’t have a single name such as Fiona or the first wife….ahhh….D something. No, they’re all like Norma Sue, Karen Anne, or Billie Bo Jay Ray Bobbie! what’s a rednecks very last words before his demise: “Hey everybody, watch this!”

I jest. Nuther 20 on the five scale. before starting another of your stories, time to hit the fridge. I think haggis with juuuust a dash of Trapeze should suffice…

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Was anyone hurt during the assignation attempt? Or perhaps just hurt feelings?

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

"assignation"????

ASSASSINATION??

tsgtcapttsgtcapt11 months ago

Well written, great connections in the storyline, great continuity, enjoyable. Thank you, will read again.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Writer's got enough mouth for two sets of teeth.

Zero on the erotic scale.

OldmantruckerOldmantrucker10 months ago

Guess some folks just want sex sex sex.. tough titty 😉 yea can't have it all the time... To be honest; it gets old.. So story's like this are a great change of pace. You don't like this type.. leave.. go read something else.. the fans of this type of story appreciates them. and the folks that write them.. 👍😉😁.. all I can say is MORE plz.. and thks.. 🤷👁️👁️👍

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I'm astonished by the breadth of your canon. Rollicking good tale.

LMJ

AnnaValley11AnnaValley1110 months ago

A prize winning tale in my view - hopefully many others will agree.

Thank you once for sharing your creations with us here

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Lost me when you got into fantasy of “renewable energy.” Boring.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Thanks, a great, enjoyable read! DerMtMan

rbloch66rbloch6610 months ago

A very enjoyable and worthwhile read!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Great story.

Hiram325Hiram3259 months ago

Fantastic tale.

NRBonzNRBonz9 months ago

Was not ready for this one to end! Sorry to say, your stories make my attempts at writing seem so pitiful.

Keep it up, please.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Another great story BardnotBard

Cracker270Cracker2708 months ago

Reread. I think you may have created one of the all around best main characters on this site. I always look forward to rereading this one

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

over the years have this OFTEN thank you thank you THANK YOU

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Again. Q remains the go-to practitioner in this genre. Quiet, solid, and the occasional flash of brilliance in turn of phrase and wording. Frankly reminds me a bit of Maurice Walsh at his best.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Its as amazing as the honorable Commodore himself.

A tale like a long voyage with serendipitous adventures. Really nice themes for everyone.

OldmantruckerOldmantrucker6 months ago

Been a few months but i had to do a repeat.. 🤷🤷😜👍👍👍🙋🙋🙋🙋✌️✌️✌️💯💯💯💯💯💯🤣🤣🤣🍻🍻👁️👁️😆😉😁🙋🙋keep um coming.... Plz.. oh... And thks

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

It's all been said too many times to matter, but thanks for sharing your superb skill and creative imagination with us.

More, please.

MLJ

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

“ giving her what she deserves”

What an adulterer deserves is a painful, public, humiliating death. I doubt that’s what the divorce attorney meant, since the proper application of justice would put her out of business.

ZK

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Enjoyed it up until Fiona went crazy. Sorry.

LeFrog08LeFrog084 months ago

A great tale, this.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Thank you kind sir, 5 stars!

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I really like your writing as well as resent it. You write about love and family life that i cant relate to and cry that i havent experienced anything close to what you write. Thanks for writing and sharing? rk

prato1992prato1992about 2 months ago

otra maravillosa historia, mil gracias

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

"...when he thwarted an assignation attempt on both the U.S. and British Ambassadors ..."???

Assassination attempt?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Simply WOW

Syd254Syd25430 days ago

Fantastic and a good tear jerker. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymous25 days ago

Great story. cpl name fubs (called 1st wife bobby) should have taken over money faster with 1st wife's cheating & she should have suffered worse choices in men after (nothing lethal but lil scaring& hospital would have suited) Texan should have been caught involved with more than a side chic & been ruined and or in jail with daughter along with him. Dogs should have been bigger part of story for defense & heart rending departure.

AnonymousAnonymous24 days ago

5 Stars from GW on this one . May the Commodore rest in piece .

AnonymousAnonymous14 days ago

Well....

That was a kind of an abrupt end to a really good story.

Nice job.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapter14 days ago

2nd time through and loved it more than ever. Very well told complex story with memorable characters, nice historical references, and a great crises with Fiona going off the deep end just when one assumed things were settled down nicely. The image of the Commodore at the wheel of Terror II should by rights grace the cover of the full novel!

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

Don't know how I missed this when it originally came out but judging by the posting date (03/17/2022) I am willing to bet it was a Randi Invitational and got overlooked with the multitude of good stories posted that day.

"It didn't matter how far behind you got, I speculated, you can pretty much get caught up in one night." This is the same advice my father gave me about 50 years ago while I was in college and discovered the abundance of beer and poontang. Never ceases to amaze me how smart he got in such a few short years.

Thanks Q. Nice work as always.

Doc

AnonymousAnonymous9 days ago

A wonderful story! Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

SIMILAR Stories

The Unicorn 
4.84
1.9k
628
Irish Eyes 
4.82
3.5k
792
Let Go 
4.7
1.6k
853
I'm 51 
4.83
776
594
More Stories