All Comments on 'Reel Problem'

by AnotherChapter

Sort by:
  • 133 Comments (Page 2)
WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 3 years ago

This is a really good story. Enough detail about diving to illustrate what Carl does, and the detail doesn’t swallow the story. I like how it was organized, and his thought patterns helped that. One part that really resonates, is his belief that “accidents don’t happen, they are caused”. That’s the key concept that made the story work.

Very nice job.

NitpicNitpicabout 3 years ago
Decent

Decent story,bit confusing at times,eg he took all his whiskey and cigars and moved out,where?.Also where did Sarah live after the show down did she stay in their flat?.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

A terrific, thoughtful story. I was a little surprised that, aft sabotaging Reece's boat and Jason promising to cover for him, he almost immediately coughed up the details to 4 people--and later to Sarah. Enjoyed his stream-of-consciousness reporting of his thoughts and ponderings. Particularly liked his maxims--"accidents don't happen, they're caused" and "you can forgive, but not forget, lest it happen again". Lots of interesting life detail. Realistic internal drama of a man betrayed who nevertheless decides to resume life with his wife, once he understands how it happened; and they both make life adjustments to strengthen their relationship going forward.

nixroxnixroxabout 3 years ago

5 for this story.

RAAC actually worked very well for this story. That, plus the smooth flow between the action and character development, it was a well written story. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A stupid cuck of an husband... should have cut and run.... there were no kids then... but no"...he had to take her back.... She was married..she knew what she was doing..rest alla re excuses . Reality is she gave up on the marriage for something more exciting. If she felt her husband had become boring she should hve spoken to him...not gone out and fucked Reccee. So no i dont think RAAC was the way ahead....maybe not a BTB either..he just needed to walk away..

nixroxnixroxalmost 3 years ago

1Star - after reading this thing again, I have changed my mind.

She committed to this infidelity over several months that Reece applied the pressure. It was not a snap decision, or a drunken, or a drugged one time party thing. With the final sexual act, as far as I am concerned, this marriage was over. No second chances to do something similar in the future. No trust - No respect - ONCE&DONE.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍. !!!!!!!.

numbnutz49numbnutz49about 2 years ago

Very well written and it must have taken a lot of time to research or you know an awful lot about commercial diving. The crux is the "sin" and the repentance and it was well positioned. Only the whole issue about why she cheated was an open sore and it was pretty clear that the feeling would certainly arise again. Happily ever after worked, but I was still thinking about her next affair even after the "I don't regret it".

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyabout 2 years ago

Good story. Very well written. I felt his delimma with the marriage. Thank-you for this read

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Interesting real.life approach. Some will never see merit in leading with your heart. For them it is to hard to forgive. RAAC stories often don't look at the "pretty bad days" years down the road but in real life sometimes you make that sacrifice for that one person.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The psychobabble about "why" sank this tale. There are no "deep, unconscious causes" to be discovered. Cheaters know why they cheat. Authors are writing nonsense when they claim otherwise.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The diatribe against the reader before one has the opportunity to like or dislike this story is a direct hit on a reader's entry into this world and suspend all disbelief. After being told to Fuck myself, I might have chosen to bypass this attempt. Other's might praise research into driver's lives. I see it as an overbearing bore which lead to uninteresting trash which was more important to this writer than the "lesson" he was intent on preaching. I see no redeeming value and the thinnest connection of his coworkers' tragedy to mc's rationalization to keep on living with a selfish women who chose to find her validation from a shallow piece of shit. No, Another Chapter, there is no hidden pearl of wisdom here. Just weak inexcusable rationalizations of an otherwise mature and strong minded man to accept life with an unforgivable bitch who heaped pain and torment on her husband's head. She Chose to fuck him over with the man who most represented what her husband wasn't. The lack of insight into the very characters created by him demonstrates the author's disrespect for his own creation. Therefore I have no respect for what has been written here. In that way his weak attempt "to understand other's might not make the same choice" continues his failure to "read the room".

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Ah, yes: "Better off with her or without her?" ...the moral perspective of the barnyard. IRL, someone keeps the slut because either he's a cuck OR because he really doesn't care that much about her, and the disruption to his life isn't worth it. If, as is needed to give emotional drive to these stories, he deeply "loooooves" his wife and she betrays him, there's no going back. The betrayal of a deep love is a poison that is not going to permit reconciliation.

lc69hunterlc69hunteralmost 2 years ago

You hurt some feelings with your opening remarks. I love it

KRD19254KRD19254almost 2 years ago

2nd read and still - NOPE, this is a RAAC but she is a proven CHEATER, and she decided to keep the predator/EX intent/actions from her husband.

\

They RAAC'ed but the issue I have is the missing Post-NUP. Especially, when most Courts willfully shaft-the-innocent-faithful husband in CHEATING wife divorces. Clearly establish a tight Post-Nup-Contract so the cheater gets nothing and the innocent spouse sets the terms and gets primary child custody. The offending spouse gets visitation ONLY when the child-care/college trust is current.

\

3***, hooyah, a RAAC with no post-nup is unfair to the kids

chilleywilleychilleywilleyalmost 2 years ago

Excellent story telling. They both underwent traumas, the potential death of the marriage, and facing death in the deep. It forced them to consider their futures. Reconciliation seemed logical.

DrgwngDrgwngover 1 year ago

The question of better with or without is a common and very old but useless discussion. If a man is forced to give up self respect, respect of others, and lower his self esteem to minimum levels, that stays until the death bed. Men with lack of self respect are increasingly common and accepted as normal in society. Witness the ever increasing number of cuckolds, how popular wife sharing is getting and so on. These men clearly have mental issues, yet everyone one working to normalize it. This guy is a willing first hand witness cuck, but we are all happy….? We are now almost two full generations on from some difficult times. Easy times breeds weak people. Modern males are fare weaker tHan in the past, so cuckolding it is. T levels have decreased for four generations in a row, and male suicide is still five to seven times higher than female. Since 1920, when life expectancy was equal, men have slipped eight years, and the curve is diverging. Great , is it not? That is why authors encouraging cucks get low scores.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is a good story, with a solid foundation in reality. Unless you've faced a couple of life threatening experiences, serious enough where you realize you probably should be dead, most people don't understand the shift in the perspective a person has on life, and, more importantly, what's important in life. Things become much simpler, and almost all of the petty thoughts one has about life's experiences are forgotten. The story does a wonderful job of explaining that. Good job.

BigfundrewBigfundrewover 1 year ago

I really enjoy your writing. I wish you'd come back with more stories.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year ago

This story is so very well written!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

ANOTHER CUCK WRITER AND HIS CUCKOLD STORY

PastMasterPastMasterover 1 year ago

A good story, well written. I guess being that close to death does kind of put things into perspective, and the decision could have easily gone either way - ie the MC could have decided life was too short and precious to spend with someone who cheated on him, but in the end he took the other path and decided to forgive her.

Not my choice of ending, but then it was not my story. A good tale nontheless

tsgtcapttsgtcaptabout 1 year ago

Glad to see forgiveness and remembering to learn as a way forward! Love the story!

ChopinesqueChopinesque12 months ago

My second reading. Still a solid five star story, but I'll just say that to have a wife for whom adultery is not just unthinkable, well that's not good. Strong writing, plot, narrative detail.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I liked it. It was well written and could have gone either way...divorce or Reconciliation. And if I put myself in the MC's place, I don't know which way I'd have gone either. I say that, as he could have divorced and ended up with a worse wife than the one he just got rid of, or maybe a better one. At least this one is wanting to settle down and have kids (their 6 and 7 year olds), now that she got that "fling" out of her system. Yeah, she might have cucked him, but he got 100K and a boat for it (pimped her out?).

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

A well written tale that didn't opt for one of the usual formulaic solutions. I found hubby a little too cool and rigid in his internal debate as to whether it's better to be right than happy - and I'm not sure whether it's a great iead to set the story in the US and write in British English - but definitely better than the average Literotica fare.

LA

tsgtcapttsgtcapt11 months ago

Reading again, and still in agreement with forgive, not forget, reconcile and rebuild, protecting each other!! Sometimes wish the penalty for the perps behavior would be eunichism.

26thNC26thNC10 months ago

I prefer to burn a cheating bitch, but this was a really good forgiveness and reconciliation story.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Another cuckold wimp writer with a weak wimp husband taking back the trash!!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Only CUCKs ask better off with her or without her!!

Married for only 3yrs, discussed cheating before marriage yet the skank was hot to trot with Reece and the cuck husband forgives and takes her back!!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

He made a conscious decision to forgive her. Unlike other reconciliation stories this wasn't an RAAC story, as forgetting was ruled out. Nicely written.

RanDog025RanDog0254 months ago

Thanks for the hints peeps.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAnotherChapter@AnotherChapter
Dear Readers, Just submitted another LW tale for your appraisal, but the gurus of Literotica have returned it to me. Why i am not sure, and i won’t waste much effort trying to decipher their motives. Maybe it is a timely hint that it is indeed appropriate for me to get back ...