All Comments on 'Reel Problem'

by AnotherChapter

Sort by:
  • 133 Comments
TajfaTajfaabout 3 years ago

A very good story and well written. It's a dilemma that runs through most cheating stories but in this case it seems to have worked out. I would have insisted on a post up ( if these exist) in which she would be out on her ear with only the clothes on her back if she cheated again.

In response to your question, yes I would love to have a part 2 from the wife's perspective. I gave 5 stars.

vazkor13vazkor13about 3 years ago

nice story, well writen although it would need, IMHO, a bit more dialogs, Sarah POV will be intersting.

francemanfrancemanabout 3 years ago

a contrast to me 'the good husband', the steady reliable guy who loved her unconditionally and with whom she felt safe starting a family

😂😂😂😂😂😂 Thé stupide Guy.

skruff101skruff101about 3 years ago

Well written but cliche ridden story like practically every other story here, not the authors fault, there’s only a finite number of scenarios to go around and they were used up within two days of this site going live. From that point on everything is a cliche, it’s just something we all have to put up with.

Bebop3Bebop3about 3 years ago

A well told story. Thanks for sharing it.

misser64misser64about 3 years ago

What consequenses?

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 3 years ago

Compelling tale of sin and redemption with a tragic reminder of mortality to provide perspective. Nicely done. Thank you.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 3 years ago

Meh.

Writing was good as per your usual standards.

The story was unfortunately held together with some not very convincing cliches.

"Better with her or without her" is pretty awful. I heard getting over "hurt pride". Getting a little older and wanting a fling before starting a family, is another.

An unfortunate comparison between a mistake made during a dangerous dive and the very intentional betrayal Sarah callously inflicted on her husband was cause for cringe.

This was well written and I actually found the diving aspects very interesting and more compelling than the relationship between your MC and his martian slut ray victim.

I'm sorry to say that I just can't buy what you attempted to sell.

It isn't the basic reconciliation idea that is the problem. It is pretty much everything surrounding the betrayal, which doesn't paint a solid image of Sarah as someone any man would want to be married to and start a family with. So she looked bad and just waited around while going to a mental health professional to discover she is simply a stupid shallow bitch?

They also used the money obtained from her backstabbing whoring to buy a house so they are literally living and raising their children in a home bought by Sarah's cheating ass.

I guess there just needs to be more than the fairly glossed over details of their relationship and far more in the way of character development for me to buy this.

The details of the diving profession easily overshadowed the nuts and bolts of the betrayed husband and cheating wife.

I still enjoyed the read and thank you.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerabout 3 years ago

A well written, realistic, situation. No ex Navy seals, no alphabet knowledge and experience. Just "normal" people experiencing lifes twists and turns. Excellent. Cheers.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 3 years ago

I enjoyed this story. I spent part of it trying to decide if it was taking place in Canada or Australia as the writing was not American English. It isn't Mississippi English either! It was a well told, plausible story of infidelity and forgiveness. Many readers hate that combination, but they are part of life. Thanks for the effort for us readers. It is appreciated.

Storyteller0112Storyteller0112about 3 years ago

I think I prefer reconciliation stories like this one over BTB ones, unless the offending party says, "So what?" I have learned a little diving technical things from this.

tazz317tazz317about 3 years ago
THE LAT PARAGRAPH IS A WASTE

why cry, moan and think. A choice was made and spilled soiled milk was left in their wake. TK U MLJ LV NV

someoneothersomeoneotherabout 3 years ago

Nothing particularly interesting, as just a retread of common motifs. The reel doesn't even play any material role.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 3 years ago

One of the best stories, EVER. Why? Well, you told a great, exciting tale. Moreover, the characters were real people, flaws and all. Blame or fault was not all one-sided; you avoided the tropes, the stereotypes. The interaction was real-life, and most importantly, you explained the decisions.

.

There are stories here that scream BTB, but there are also those that scream reconciliation. Too many commenters fail to realize, or perhaps they don't have the experience, to understand the concepts of reconciliation and forgiveness. Life works in shades of gray, and their black/white view of things will never make sense of real-life decisions!

.

Bravo! Keep writing!!!!

oldsage_1oldsage_1about 3 years ago

Great story very believable on the personal and emotional level. I can't speak for the technical as I am not a diver. Yes, You are going to catch crap from the "one and done" BTB crowd as soon as they see this blasphemy in their Loving Wives domain!

And yes, I would be interested in reading the sequel from Sarah's point of view if you find time to write it. Thanks for sharing your fantasies and writing talent.

Cheers

SAGE

kirei8kirei8about 3 years ago

So, at the most basic level, she stayed with him out of guilt and he kept her because he knew he could not do better and he had a firmer grip on her due to her guilt. Perfect recipe for a future happy marraige. Not! You ending was pure fairy tale but you forgot to add a puppy and kitten to the mix. It does not have to be BTB but reality does help a good story.

ThorlolThorlolabout 3 years ago

Hard to judge this one. Usually I like good reconciliation storys but this one fell a bit short. I felt like alot of the blame was shifted from Sarah to Carl at the end. At the end he took her for granted and didnt tell her how wonderful or beautiful she was. Also him wanting to start a family with her made her feel less desireable? Thats pretty farfetched. Then there was again the mention of him overcoming his pride as if his 'pride' was the problem or the reason why he would care who his wife fucks while being married to him. Im probably pretty fed up with this kind of reasoning. Pride has not much to do with it. Cheating attacks your sense of self-worth. Her cheating on him made him look not worthy enough for her to stay comitted. It sends a clear message and shows how much she really loves him through her actions. In this case especially because her tryst was pre-planned over time. Additionally she showed a lack of guilt and conscience. Conscience because she was already flirting with her ex over the span of months and the planning of the fuck-session on the boat without the feeling of her doing anything wrong. Lack of guilt was shown in the beginning with her just being distracted at the beginning of the story and later on when they got rescued and she was described as just being embarrassed and more than a bit peeved and not being anxious or something else.

TL;DR She had no real reasons or excuses other than her being selfish and not comitted. Showed no real remorse or guilt other than 'I am sorry but he was hot'. And the husband was slowly being painted as if it was his fault. All in all pretty thin but maybe her side of the story would put her in a slightly better light but that will be hard with how she depicted. 3/5*

HikingThruHikingThruabout 3 years ago

I felt the outcome fit the crime, if one is open to forgiveness and reconciliation, which seems reasonable here. Since you made a point of neither of them forgetting her one slip, I think insisting on a post-nup would have made sense. There were some missing or wrong words, and some punctuation errors throughout that impaired reading it easily.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Great story! Keep it up!

fishgetterfishgetterabout 3 years ago

Well played. A nice story, but no seax to speak of, well written. I like BTB type stories, it seems, but this was a great way to do a decent marriage build, and seems very well received by the readers and the players, also. Keep on writing, for sure!

lukeshortlukeshortabout 3 years ago
BIG MISTAKE

He made a big mistake in taking her back. Didn't like the ending. She tried to destroy the marriage and suffered no consequences. Story was well written. 4*

Sloburn38Sloburn38about 3 years ago

That saturation diving is tough dangerous business. I had a friend who did it for a living, and had an accident. Now he will be 2 years old for the rest of his life. It made me think about my life and where I was going with it, it completely turned me around.

His wife stuck with him, but differently, she became his older sister.

Sad

C_frommnC_frommnabout 3 years ago

Nice story wouldn't mind hearing her side of thing's. How she convinced herself that it would be No Problem. and the thought's after she got home and found his Note.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 3 years ago

That was a very good story. 5*****

I often say that seeing is worse than knowing and he got the worst of it. His struggle seemed genuine. Her sadness and responsibility seemed real. If you accept that people make mistakes, the question becomes "Can they change?" Getting even has no place in healing. Good job, but I could have told you that many here would throw stones at this. That just means it's very real.

BaggyUKBaggyUKabout 3 years ago
Good read

Well told story thank you. Whether it's a btb or reconciliation shouldn't really affect the readers view of how good, well written or entertaining the story is....4*

(That'll be a popular comment I bet)

whateverittakeswhateverittakesabout 3 years ago

Good story. Did he ever find out where the little red bikini came from?

dragonmann72dragonmann72about 3 years ago

OK, I understand the reconciliation that happens al the time. I understand the soul searching of both that led them to get back together. What I'm wondering is did Reece learn any thing out of all this or did daddy's money continue to bail him out?

I know the story was about Cory and Sarah, but Reece made it about him also. How about another chapter about what happened to Reece?

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleabout 3 years ago

Your technical knowledge was excellent along with the change from raw anger to a somber reflection.

He even realized that he had taken Sarah for granted and that while she was at fault for her actions, so was he.

Good story.

lujon2019lujon2019about 3 years ago

Stupid, coulda had Reece admit to how many times they fucked to compare to the whores story

Didnt DNA test the kids

Didnt have her sign a post nup

pepepilotpepepilotabout 3 years ago

As others have already said, this theme has been played and played to no end. However, unlike many of the stories on here, I think that is probably more the realism of life. People make mistakes. Some can overlook them, and others can't. That being said, I think the story was well written and presented well. Thank you.

JRandyJJRandyJabout 3 years ago

I liked the story, I was stationed at Keesler AFB for six years. So all locations, I've been there, fished most of the waters your story talks about. Never did any diving though. Well maybe some Muff Diving. I don't agree with any cheated on spouse, man or woman ever taking a cheater back. Once and done, no exceptions. I have known several in my years that did. All ended up in divorce. Once a cheater, always a cheater. They got away with it once, sure they could do it again.

imhaplessimhaplessabout 3 years ago

Well written and original. 5* from me.

RTR10RTR10about 3 years ago

I just know the anon & cuck commenters will have a field day with this one. Personally I think each situation is unique. If both parties are willing to put in the work towards reconciliation, that's great. Others may not be able to forgive or forget, and that's ok too. It's each couple's personal journey.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989about 3 years ago

This story dotted all the "I"'s and crossed all the "T"'s. It was a well told story with side stories of work as a Diver. Deal with the cheating and got some revenge on the ass wipe. Provide a excellent reason to reconsider his marriage, and made clear that life is not perfect and needs constant work.

njlaurennjlaurenabout 3 years ago

A somewhat straightforward tale, appreciated the stuff about the saturation diving, not something you read about all the time. The problem with reconciliation tales, as anyone who has tried to write one kind of figures out fast, is that the basis for it is so hard, it requires a lot of soul searching. If Sarah felt like the idea of being a mommy would make her less desirable how the heck would she feel with kids? What would happen down the road if she met some hot young doctor or whatever, was attracted, was flattered by their attraction, would that wanderlust come up again? Her age to me is a consideration, too, a woman at 31 is not a woman at 22, if she was like 22 or 23 and had a fling like this, you could say she never sowed some wild oats; but at 31, unless she and her husband had been together all the time before marriage, that wouldn't be true. The other thing that she never really addresses, and it would be a big deal to me, is it happened with a man Hubby detests, if she cheated with him it isn't just jungle lust, she is basically giving him a giant F.U and she never really mentions that, apologizes for it, or recognizes that Reece likely chased her to get at her hubby, to prove he is alpha dog. She says "Reece had a role to play in this", but doesn't talk about it, and doesn't say something like "All I was to that bastard was a trophy, to know he had beaten you, and it is going to take a long time for me to forgive myself for letting that bastard use me to put one over on you, and also to look inside myself to see if maybe in some way I wanted that to happen". I think her work went a ways into trying to fix things, but I don't think from the perspective of her husband that he would be entirely happy she could say she would never do it again, that if Reece approached her again (their agreement is bupkus; what penalty would Reece face if he went after her again?).

For his part admitting that he might be too staid, to cautious, is a good thing, and honestly if I knew them I would tell them to get couples counseling to resolve some of this. Key thing to any reconciliation is burying the old one (moving to another place was huge, out of temptations way), and acknowledging that to make the relationship strong requires both people to grow and change, to realize when a relationship breaks it isn't always a matter of blame or guilt, but that the framework needs strengthening.

Initially I wondered about someone buying a 5k fly fishing gear with a bass boat, until I looked up how much Ranger boats are these days *lol*. The other funny thing was him saying Gerry and his wife dated from 5th grade (at least to me), boy they work fast in MIssissippi, where I grew up in 5th grade there was still the ick factor between boys and girls, then again that was also many, many moons ago:)

Drgnmstr97Drgnmstr97about 3 years ago

Just one guys opinion. I have no idea how you forgive your wife when you catch her in the act. And you had to add rock salt to the wound by making it the one guy he hated. You include that they had discussed infidelity and each knew the others point of view. She knew he was the one guy above all others that he would hate the most if caught. And she did it in public. Her husband works at the marina for fucks sake.

I cannot fathom how he could forgive her regardless of having the fragility of life thrust into his face. Solid writing but she simply didn't deserve to be forgiven. Her excuses were pathetic.

FireFox59FireFox59about 3 years ago

Good story but I have some problems with the reconciliation.

1. She goes to a marina that her husband is well known at to go out on a known players boat without her husband. Total disrespect and humiliation for her husband in front of his colleagues and friends. Even if only one person saw her it would get around the marina that she was cheating on him.

2. Sarah excuse is pretty lame and weak. She lied to her husband. Yes, lied. She lied by omission. She has done nothing to warrant a second chance much less someone to have children with.

3. When the old am I better off with her or without out her question. He's already admitted he would never forget. Even without doing the saturation dives he will still have jobs where he's gone for a couple of days at a time. Everyone knows he's going to be wondering what his "loving" wife is doing and with who. Not much of a life always wondering if you can trust your wife.

I just can't see this reconciliation with the items I listed above especially with his mind set that he will never forget. Sarah would have to do a whole lot more proving she can be my loving wife before I would take her back and even think about children with her. He's basically settling for a known quantity that may or may not cheat again instead of finding someone he can respect and trust the rest of his life.

unMisTakenIdentityunMisTakenIdentityabout 3 years ago

Did he check the paternity of the kids? I would have. He does say "forgive e but not forget".

Also would have gotten a post nuptial agreement.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 3 years ago

Well constructed story with solid character development, consistent plot lines and decent narrative. For some reason, some of your narrative in places didn't seem like it flowed like it should but it improved as the story progressed. There's no way I would have reconciled with being only 2-3 years into a marriage and cheating with my archival, but it is your story and it was done well. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Excellent story. Believable, if risky, reconciliation.

mattenwmattenwabout 3 years ago

I think your comparison with the accident at work is not permissible! Yes, anyone can make a mistake, and yet there are huge differences between a mistake at work and cheating in a marriage. Emotions. And these emotions, which contain everything that makes a marriage, love, loyalty, trust, respect, care, responsibility are things that cannot be compared with work. At work I have responsibility and care. But nobody can ask me to respect any colleagues or even to love them! So your cheating is to be assessed completely differently. And the stupid sentence: if I'm better off without her or with her, that's just that, stupid! Of course, in a love relationship, I can assume that I may be worse off without the other person, but in the long run, the loss of the aforementioned values ​​cannot lead to me making a bad decision.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

3 Star for a well written story. It would be 4 or 5 but I couldn't find it in me to take her back. There is no way she fucking that Reece dude would stay quiet. They were rivals who didn't like each other in a small town. The fact that she picked him over Reece and they disliked each other; there was no way Reece wouldn't spread the news that he was fucking her. The fact that Jason at the dock saw them going out gives testament to that. Everyone would know and the humiliation and hurt would be 10 times worse. If she had screwed anyone else except for that dude, it wouldn't have been so egregious. Added to that if it was a 10 -12 years of marriage with kids...maybe? But 3 yrs of marriage, no house, no kids at just past 30. He can start again and find someone new. Someone who wouldn't betray and stab him where it would hurt the most. Someone who would treasure the vows and sanctity of marriage.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionabout 3 years ago

I don't care what the BTB crowd says. I enjoyed this story very much. This was a in a way a the best kind of BTB "Burn The Bastard" story Reece paid a very big price. Probably he never thought having another go at Sarah would cost him that much just for an afternoon fuck. One hundred thousand dollar, his beloved boat "WAVE LOVER" and his old man pissed off for being so stupid to go after a married woman and risk the bad feelings and respect of there customers. That hurt more than a big beat down. Sarah was living in a hell for three months waiting to see if Carl was going to drop the hammer and divorce her. There could have been even more pain if the news had reported, as they so often do. That there had been an accident at an off shore drilling platform involving a serious injury and death of two of the three saturation divers doing repairs on the legs of the platform and of course no names would be released until all the family members had been notified. That kind of thing will always put a kink in your colon if it could be someone you know.

5 Stars for a very good story. Thank You AnotherChapter. I will look for your next story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Well written but only 3 stars

Nice writing but the story didn’t give me any reason to support giving her a free pass. If the story could have given me a reason to support his decision it would have been a five. The “are you better with her” rationale is weak and doesn’t come close to covering the issues that must be weighed in that decision. He ended up just looking weak and she got permission to do whatever in exchange for a few tears.

Regguy69Regguy69about 3 years ago

On some occasions I think the hard core BTB is justified and sometimes the RAAC is understandable. LW usually goes to one extreme or the other. In real life, I think most unplanned, one off, impaired, stupid event should not end a marriage if there is real repentance coupled with behavior changes to ensure no repetition. This gal planned the event, thinking she’d have her fun then become the good wife and leave her husband clueless. She didn’t plan to humiliate him, she had no plans to taunt him or otherwise disparage him, so no BTB. BUT! She forfeited her claim as his loving wife, so just dump the dumb bitch and move on.

Well written story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
He wasn't exciting?

Yet he lived in a world of extreme danger.

Made great money.

But she wanted to slut around on a fancy boat.

Walk away.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Nice story made enticing by the portrayal of "real life" characters, an unusual profession made real by lots of technical detail (I wish I knew something about professional divers). I also liked the terms of settlement and going forward. Thanks for the effort! Incidentally, some of the previous comments do something that I avoid in my comments. I (usually) accept the author's plot and the characters that inhabit it as belonging to the author; it's not up to me to develop an alternate plot and characters, nor a new or different moral overhang to the original story. I don't think it's fair to try and replace the author's story with my own. If I wanted to do that, I ought to start my own author's site!

Baldy74Baldy74about 3 years ago

Very good writing but I didn't buy his reasoning at the end. Only a few years in the marriage and she's feeling like that. I can only imagine what she would be like when she hits 40 and feeling past her prime, one handsome young doctor feeding her ego and she'll be easy pray. The knowledge she has that in her would cloud his mind through the whole marriage. He would have been better off finding somebody who deserves his trust.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 3 years ago

She did not have a good enough explanation. They seem to be ok and happy for now but I would not trust that she won't cheat again when she turns 40 or 50 and needs that reassurance she is still desirable.

gwest56gwest56about 3 years ago

Nice story. And it brought back some serious memories of Pascagoula, Moss Point, Biloxi, Pass Christian, Mobile, et al. I arrived at Ingalls Shipbuilding to help commission the USS Dace (SSN 607) in late '62 and I lived in a trailer in Moss Point. On our way back from the USAF base in Gulfport my friend began flirting with 2 women in another who agreed to pull over somewhere for coffee. The passenger eventually became my Ex and she grew up in Orange Grove. Her 4 kids and our 1 were all born in Harrison Memorial. A few years later, in '69, we returned from Hawaii and drove to Pascagoula to visit her family there (her step dad retired AF) and passed through on Highway 90 and couldn't believe the devastation after one of the worst hurricanes to pass through the area, until recently anyway.

As Bob Hope used to sing: "Thanks For The Memories."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Liked it. Well done. One comment suggests that the question that the husband asks himself, “am I better off without her or with her?” is irrelevant to him. Well, I suggest that he is doomed to an unhappy life in his relationships, because in someway those of us in a relationship ask ourselves that question in some small way every day.

iameaseliameaselabout 3 years ago

I think this could have been a truly solid 4 star story, except every other line is the over used, cliched plot devices. Should it have been a BTB story...to a point yes, but even as a RAAC it fell flat.

You need to leave the LW template and cliches out of it and put some actual effort, your own, into it and create a story that is yours, not a Frankenstein's monster like this one ended up being.

Sorry its a 2 as is.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

What I really liked about this story

1) A protagonist that isn’t a accountant , engineer or computer programmer - Finally!

2) It’s set in the south, not the “rust belt” of Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio etc. for a change. This author and the great JimBob44 are the only ones I recall, although they both do talk about the oil business.

What I disliked

1) He simply charged the dickhead, a rich man, money for fucking his wife. Kinda like a pimp.

No lesson learned there. Our protagonist is supposed to be big on lessons.

2) And last - We’re asked to understand that the wife is STILL scared of having children. At thirty plus years old, her bio-clock should be clanging like a fire bell! Any couple considering marriage has that conversation so - She lied about wanting kids.

Reconciliation is all well and good. It’s his life but, I for one, would be extremely wary about taking this one back. Four stars for different occupation and location. The wife works at a hospital - It’ll be a doctor next, probably after just one child.

Texican1830Texican1830about 3 years ago

I take the second B in BTB to mean either bitch or bastard, and he got minor burns (I was hoping for incineration or at least third degree). Still, I like the story.

tralan69ertralan69erabout 3 years ago

@mattenw

I wouldn't work with anyone, especially 300 ft down that I or they didn't have loyalty, trust, respect, care, and responsibility.

Apparently those values were misplaced not lost.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Pretty good story line ,damed if you do damed I f you don’t. Sarah cheated got caught ,Carl had a decession to make reconcile or divorce. That’s how this story played out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

You started by saying you write for yourself. Based on this you are reader that gets off on weak men being cheated on and staying married to women that do not respect them.

Your writing skills are among the best on here. “Burning the bitch” usually involves public humiliation or somehow destroying her life. You should try using them for a story where the man keeps his balls and divorces a cheating wife without “burning the bitch”.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Amazing anyone works that cheap.

I don't risk my life as a consultant, but I make twice as your deep water rate per day.

And, the last I knew, RIB stands for RIGID inflatable boat (I supposed it could be ridged, but I have never seen one -- even the RIBs used by Navy seals.

Sorry for the nit-picks ; I actually liked it a lot.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Three Stars. A bit to easy to see where it was going.

KoxokKoxokabout 3 years ago

Good story, ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️. I don’t think it’s fair to compare the welding accident with an infidelity that was hidden and built up over a period of time. We don’t know if this really was the only time. All we know is she was caught.

LocalMan3000LocalMan3000about 3 years ago

Brilliant. An extremely mature look at an afternoon's misadventure that drove home a very important message. Very well written.

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 3 years ago

only married 2 years and already cheating and he keeps her lol with no pre or postnup. i would wish him luck if her were a real person lol. enjoyed the story well written ty for the read

CBidwellCBidwellabout 3 years ago

Such a true exposition of the range of human emotions. CeeBee

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

this is great stuff and the reason I keep trawling though lit. If they rejected anything you submitted it must be, truely, a "mental lapse" if not a "moral" one

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Nice story, but I really do believe that Reece deserves, at least, a broken jaw and a buggered up face.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 3 years ago

If it was about the accident, why would he want to waste his life on some slut he couldn't trust?

If you wanted to make a RACC story used a better plot.

Dlh143Dlh143about 3 years ago

ANOTHER WASTE OF TIME! Please, another RAAC story? Another author that has no concept of a man's self respect. Our hero was doomed to a life of doubt and his close friends looking at a cuckold. There is never any excuse for cheating on someone. There is never any justification other than being selfish. So if her self esteem was that low, she should have confided in her husband, friends, or a counselor. This author must not have any self respect for himself, or herself to come up with those excuses. 1 star for wasting everyone's time reading this!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Should have gotten a post-nuptial.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This was no drunk one off "mistake". She planned the day on the boat and even went as far to get a new tiny bikini just for the old boyfriend. The fact that the guy was after her for so long lets her know the guy still wanted revenge on her husband. Her having sex with him does nothing to show she is attractive as it was about the revenge. She would need a total stranger to pick her up or some guy who is actually in love with his wife to flirt with her. That would affirm her attractiveness.

The divorce should have gone through just to show her the damage she caused and to get the word out in that small town that she cheated. They can try to start over some other time but hell no to having kids with her.

And why no STD testing?

GamblnluckGamblnluckabout 3 years ago

Enjoyed the story. Apparently Sarah the cheating wife suffered enough for her cheating. She claimed it was a one off but was it? obviously the husband accepted it was. He was angry enough it took one hello of a lot to get him to reconsider his marriage so he was no wimp. The forgive but not forget as exampled by the accident was a nice touch. I gave you 4 stars.

And Reece's punishment other than losing his boat and a little money might seem light, but his reputation surely suffered some.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Interesting and very true to real life situations.

Not every marriage falls to ruin, and in the same manner when very careful and deliberate accountability, actions, and honesty are taken by BOTH partners, then in some situations a marriage may thrive.

I commend writers who distinguish marriages that can be “salvaged” and those not.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

So realistic and believable .

There is few writers who can give birth to a healthy and independent brainchild , but this writer just gave birth , once again ! One question ; where’s the cigars ? Congrats and I hope your staying barefoot and pregnant !!!

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeabout 3 years ago

Good and bad.

A big part of this story was very good.

A good plot with good flow.

But the reconciliation was faulty.

It failed to give us a reason

for the guy to go back to his wife.

Why isn't that important?

As with the story in whole,

there were also parts

that were good and bad.

"... the excrement hit the oscillation device ..."

was very good.

A fine play with words.

But in forewords we had:

"... the BTB folks will puke ...".

Now, we're used to disrespect in comments.

But we expect higher standards

from writers of stories.

At least I do.

This story being both good and bad,

makes this a 3 out of 5 from me.

swedishreader1swedishreader1about 3 years ago

"too bad I write for me not you."

That statement was in the intro.

Interesting....good thing is I also follow a similar line.

I vote the way that makes me hapoy...not you.

1*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I enjoyed the story and it's telling. Well written, well crafted story. In a sense I can understand Sarah reasons for cheating she had a self esteem issue and fear of hat becoming a mother means. If you aren't a parent you can't understand what a change having children and make to your life. Once that baby is born you ceased to be an individual and your life revolves around the child and not just until it's an adult but until you die and beyond.

@Dlh143 is a BTB troll who deliberately reads non-BTB stories, despite being warned at the beginning of the story that it's not a BTB story, just so that they can make stupid comments. I've seen a lot of their comments on stories but not once have they actually made a comment about the story. At least this time you got more than 'cuck' and 'wimp' which is usually all they are capable of writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I agree that he made the right choice.

KittyCampbellKittyCampbellabout 3 years ago

I gave you full marks for this. It was well written and I liked how it ended. This is how most marriages end when infidelity is introduced instead of the burnt flesh odor of a smoked ass.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitabout 3 years ago

You write well, but your fascination with guys getting well and truly abused and just accepting it minus a couple of months of sorrow is really warped. This idea that a guy who’s been cheated on can’t move on when there are no kids and only a short marriage just seems super cringey. I will avoid your stuff in the future....

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerabout 3 years ago

A good story and a well written one also; at least for an amateur like all of us hacks who enjoy posting here and getting CONSTRUCTIVE feedback from others.

I gave you a 5 and thank you for an enjoyable story. I didn’t really spot anything constructive I could bring up. Thanks again! cd

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 3 years ago

That worked really well. The author used enough technical details to take us into the world of professional diving, but not much.

It also showed how snakes wriggle about and need stomping on.

5* story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

"wish I could tell you why it happened, but I just am not sure. I guess that sounds like bullshit"

Yep, pure unadulterated bullshit. That's the essence of excuses cheaters come up with. Cheaters cheat because they can and because they feel entitled to cheat.

In this story's case, Sarah felt entitled to one last fling with an ex to test out her sexual market value and reassure her fragile self image. If you're constantly looking to others for your sense of self worth you're always going to come up short. So, what about the next time she's feeling insecure about herself ? She'll cheat again and again as long as she feels entitled to.

"You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened... or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the fuck on."

Moving on and deciding to walk away from a cheater is not burning the bitch. You walk away because you deserve someone who respects and loves you enough not to cheat on you in the first place.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Enjoyed the story and found it well written and the story flowed well. I always find it interesting to find out about an occupation that I have not experienced. Thanks for sharing. 5*s.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Good story, but you fucked it up at the end.

I stopped reading it almost at the end of the second page and went straight to the comments to find out that my thoughts were right. Another good plot with a bad ending after all the effort and excitement that the story gave, you made him a cuck and killed all your good written. I was going to give you * but I will give you **

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago

Great, interesting story with some senseless cheating. Her excuse for the cheating was , a last fling, really lame. The old boyfriend, who husband hates, was a real slap in the face. I liked the sinking of the boat, and the idea that he could have done so much worse to the cheating couple if he wanted to. Reece will have to watch his ass any time he's on the water , knowing that a vengeful diver is watching him. Sarah never did have a good reason for cheating. Lue, of course, would say that if he hadn't seen her and didn't find out, would it have been cheating? I say that it was the worst kind of cheating possible. She seemed remorseful, and he made her wait and sweat for the RAAC. I'm not sure she deserved it, but it's your story and you told it very well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Hmm

No,she. Cheated to easy and I’m sure would do it again,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

meh

WargamerWargamerabout 3 years ago

I’m a BTB person, but that does not stop me enjoying a reasonable story.

He should have punished her for her indiscretion. 10-12 strokes of a cane on her bare ass would ensure she never forgets what she did as well. Discipline can purify ones soul after all.

Scores 3/5

SystemShockSystemShockabout 3 years ago

Not feeling it. The relationship is mended because of plot contrivances, not anything the cheater did to earn their way back. She couldn't even come up with a "good" reason for her actions, and in the end only had to sit back and wait for hubby to stop pouting. She got a good scare, but if these were real people I would say that as the years go on, the only lesson that will stick is that she needs to be more careful next time and not fuck around out in the open in broad daylight.

The real kicker here is that this marriage is only two years old. What happens when the seven year itch hits? What happens when she hits 40 and starts feeling old and frumpy? Considering the lesson he took from his coworkers' misfortune, the sheer irony of him taking her back is absolutely hilarious. If anything, what he should've taken away from that experience is that life is too short to waste it tied down to someone you don't/can't trust.

2 stars because I'm in a good mood.

GrimmerGrimmerabout 3 years ago

Not a bad little tale however I came away with a general feeling of “that’s the reason?”.

The story as a whole had a good feel and emotional impact except for the “why” aspect. Kind of busted the feel and flow.

Solid 4*. Thx!

fritz51fritz51about 3 years ago

I agree with 26thNC's points. Her given reason was marginal at best, but is there a good reason to cheat? She did come off as remorseful and it's up to the wronged party to decide if it's better with her than without. The writing was excellent, deserving a full 5*s IMO.

As an additional comment: I would have suggested that he have a post nupt signed, where any future dalliance by her be harshly dealt with. Under the circumstance given, should be a easy task, and if she resisted - that would speak to her dedication to never failing again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Could never stay with her . Not only did she cheat she fucked his rival.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

It was a good story till you decided to kill it with the ending. She did not care about the hard working husband. She had her fun with her x and will do it again until he put a baby in her system. **

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I’m in the some wouldn’t crowd. Once a cheat and liar it’s over. Hope she does better next time, just not with me.

There are three pillars in a marriage. Love, trust and respect, some would add forgiveness. Love can be added too, trust can be rebuilt ( although never completely), respect is never the same and forgiveness is a must to move forward. So, after the love has been damaged, the trust is gone and the respect is shit on. It is only forgiveness left that can be given and meant. So, I would forgive her so she could move on. I would never forget and that unfortunately would mean adios to her ass. Why stay in a water downed relationship with a someone like her. Not for me, but I understand his choice and wish him well. A lifetime of never being certain about her and always suspecting the worst. Just a matter of time before it happens again. Most likely right after the kids leave home. He didn’t fix anything. He just settled for an easy choice and a hope for success. What a fool

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

He was away for three weeks. He should check on what she had been doing all this time and whether she saw Reese again.

A post-nup would be my number one priority leaving her with nothing if she cheats again.

bruce22bruce22about 3 years ago

Good story, smooth and well composed. The idea of a post-nuṕtial is valid. Go for it.

fishgetterfishgetterabout 3 years ago

Anonymous8 days ago

I’m in the some wouldn’t crowd. Once a cheat and liar it’s over. Hope she does better next time, just not with me..........AMEN, AMEN!

teedeedubteedeedubabout 3 years ago

Good Story. Those who fail to remember the past, are doomed to repeat it. Has nothing to do with forgiveness.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAnotherChapter@AnotherChapter
Dear Readers, Just submitted another LW tale for your appraisal, but the gurus of Literotica have returned it to me. Why i am not sure, and i won’t waste much effort trying to decipher their motives. Maybe it is a timely hint that it is indeed appropriate for me to get back ...