All Comments on 'Reflections'

by CAROLINA_GENTLEMAN

Sort by:
  • 76 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Better than the other "Carolina" dipshit.

But not much. Two stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
nice

good story. He was so better off not being with a weak wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Pretty much of a total downer

I've never cared for stories where the antagonist is dead. This wasn't entertaining and I have no idea why anyone would write it.

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago

"I knew then that I would always love her."

Why? Sarah was a cheating slut and a terrible mother to their daughter. She treated him like shit while she was fucking around with her boss and those months of betrayal would have burned away any love he still had for her. The husband agreeing to take care of Sarah post-divorce and blaming himself for her death couldn't have been more pathetic.

As for Sarah's story about the boss blackmailing her into threesomes? It was bullshit. The divorce court would take a far dimmer view of Sarah abandoning her daughter than they would her infidelity. The care of children is the priority of the court, they don't give a shit if she whored herself out for her career. The truth was that she didn't give a fuck about her husband or her daughter.

It was great that the husband found a much better second wife, but him still pining over the slut was ridiculous.

johnadpjohnadpover 4 years ago
Really Warm Story

Simple story, but I really liked it and gave it 5 stars.

I typically hate when the beautiful wife is killed off in these stories (yes, even when they cheat), and I did in this one as well. However, because what followed was so warm and loving, and didn't involve negative feelings like trying to get revenge, it made me get over Sarah's death.

The part where Elizabeth says she was really attracted to the MC after watching him interact with Hannah reminded me of my wife. Early in my dating my current wife we went over to some event at her brother's house. I watched her interact with her nephew and niece, who were both under eight at that time. I'm pretty sure that's when I first truly fell in love with her. I told her afterwards that I had never seen her more beautiful or more sexy than when she was playing with them. She was so natural and so loving. Not trying to impress me, but just in the moment. Thanks for the memory.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 4 years ago
A good story.

Reflection on a past hurt

is a natural thing to do.

It is very well addressed in this story.

Good plot and well worked out.

Top ratings from me.

Impo_64Impo_64over 4 years ago
A good story...however...

A good story...however it has a weak point: After her husband had found out her cheating and after knowing her marriage was dead, she still accept to be blackmailed? Her husband using those fotos in the divorce was a poor excuse...4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
He really is beating himself up over nothing.

I mean that literally. That sleazebag fucking his wife didn't have to drink to excess.

He's a grown man, it was his bad decision. What the husband did was balm his soul.

I don't care what people pretend to believe, deep down we all understand the desire to 'even the score'. Not a single human alive can deny their lizard brain, maybe control it. It feels GOOD to hurt those that hurt you first. It feels RIGHT.

The wife having a blood clot is a freak occurrence. Ultimately nothing she nor he did made her suicidal. She's also a grown woman. She cheated because she could, is what it boils down to. And according to what he witnessed, she seemed to enjoy it. She was also a complete bitch to him for months before he discovered her cheating. Her sob story about blackmail may be true, but let's not forget the initial greed, the initial disrespect, the continued betrayals. And lust. "oh, god your cock is so big" at an event with her family present in the parking-lot doesn't sound like coercion

He did everything correctly. He didn't kill that man that deserved to be killed.He didn't beat his wife nor leave her penniless. He even made sure she had a relationship with his daughter. He nursed her back to health, when no one else would. And he kept her at arm's length, because nothing about the how and why of her cheating had room for a second chance. .

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I liked it

I for one don't care when the cheater dies. Actually I prefer it as he gets life insurance and doesn't split any finances or child visitation. The guilt part I wouldn't feel. I agree with Karma and loved that part as well.

Its a perfect story where he finds true love and a loving mother.

doejohnny64doejohnny64over 4 years ago
Very Poignant

Your story is heart warming even while it’s bittersweet. Nice pace. I thoroughly enjoyed your artistry.

Thanks for sharing with us all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Sipping Bourbon

What is 'sipping bourbon' supposed to tell us about the protagonist's character? Repeated references to 'sipping bourbon' got to be tedious, which is symptomatic of this entire story -- it's tedious. 1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Very good story

Thank you. This was a warm story that has really been needed. Your writing is a breath of fresh air too. Always love your stories. Keep it up.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago

Decent story, but already knowing the ending made it anti-climatic. I realize it was an attempt to something a little different, but it didn't really work for me.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 4 years ago
This was another great story from you

It's a truthful story. Some people cannot understand how someone could still love a cheater. Well, it's human nature, it does happen.

5*, of course.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great story

Thank you.

RSKY54RSKY54over 4 years ago

Wonderful. A true loving wife.

RSKY

The Style GuyThe Style Guyover 4 years ago
An uplifting story

This was a short, sweet story. 5* from me. Thanks.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 4 years ago
Gentle story

But good. And well done.

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 4 years ago
Simple and sweet...

... Although, a tad boring, towards the end.

But, at the end of the day, still heads above most of the offerings in this category.

Nothing spectacular, sure, but still very nice. Thanks for the share, author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
What happened with Whitlock suit?

He sued the Whitlock men and their company. The boy was blackmailing his wife. Did daddy know? Did he give this info to the police? How did things turn ut?

Just thought that added revenge factor would be nice.

jharpjharpover 4 years ago

I don't get why he should feel bad for exposing the dirt bag for stealing his wife. It's not like he knew what would happen. And she was a lying, cheating whore. They're not much worthy of respect or pity. Dude comes off as bit of a simp still mooning over the wife that played him and likely would again in the future. He was better off without her.

TajfaTajfaover 4 years ago

Really liked it but would rather the ex wife had lived with all the regret. 5 stars

Fredred55Fredred55over 4 years ago
Nice one

Very well done!

Very different from some of the ugly crap that’s in this genre.

Easy 5*

Thank you.

NipplesandwineNipplesandwineover 4 years ago
Loved this story.

Thanks for a great read this morning with the rain and snow☺

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobover 4 years ago
5* from me

A very good story. Thank you for writing.

moblanemoblaneover 4 years ago
Nice Job

Good story i enjoyed it Thank You 5*****

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Well written story

But really depressing. Not entertaining.

OPrimeOPrimeover 4 years ago
Great Story

Well thought out, clean, and an interesting story. Well done.

DogFuzzDogFuzzover 4 years ago
Yes!

What a delightful well written story. My first reading of your work. I will certainly check out your other stories. Thanks for sharing. Top marks.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago

Great story about a good man and three women in his life. I actually agree with Johnap for once. You concentrated on his healing, his love for Hannah, and the love he had for Elizabeth. This made it a beautiful story for me. Sarah doesn't deserve any sympathy at all. She made conscious choices that led to her death. The blackmail was her story, no proof was give. If it was true, it was only possible because of her poor decisions. This is Jack's story and it's a good one.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 4 years ago
Happy ending.

Pretty painful trip to get there. Classic LW's tale. *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Honestly I do not give 5 stars

but ... 5 stars.

johnadpjohnadpover 4 years ago
Why The MC Can Feel Bad About Sarah

The story alludes to, even though doesn't let us know what specifically, that something from Sarah's past left a hole in her soul. We don't know what it was in her upbringing that caused that directly outside of the fact that she came from a broken home.

So, Sarah didn't know how to be content and happy. She was always looking for something to fill that emptiness. First, it was the marriage, then having a child, then thinking success in her career can do it. Sarah was a tragic figure.

So, I can see the MC feeling badly about Sarah. He loved her, but at the same time saw her for as that tragic who died young, unable to live long enough to surmount her upbringing. Nothing worse than truly loving someone, but not being able to take the mental pain away that comes from their childhood. They were both young, and didn't have a chance to realize she needed therapy to deal with whatever it was that was getting in the way of her being happy and content. And he was too young, without enough life experience to truly be able to help her himself, outside of loving her.

So, yes, a decent man would feel sorry for someone like Sarah, as the MC did. It doesn't mean he had to accept her cheating or stay married to her. But it shows maturity and wisdom on his part to understand that her cheating derived in her trying to fill that void, and not in trying to hurt him. And decent people often feel badly about not being able to be there for someone they love, even if what happened was not in their control and couldn't have been anticipated.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago

Even without suing the company, which is HIGHLY unlikely, he can sue the lover's estate for the death of the wife.

MaxiMilfMaxiMilfover 4 years ago
Awesome

Good job. Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Crap

The best I can call it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Your best yet 5 stars

My only complaint is that instead of drinking alone he should have been celebrating with Elisabeth. He was lucky to have her rather than the selfish Sarah. Otherwise it was a great story.

reasonable man

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Just one word on this.

Wow.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Why did the husband.....

....blame himself for her death? So the husband never really loved the second wife, he just needed her as a mother for his daughter...another story of a wimpy man. If I was his wife I would had divorced him long ago and left him with his guilt and memories of his true love.....

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A little different...

yeah, but well worth the read.

Look trying to be creative and original in a genre where nearly all the wives are unfaithful isn't easy. You certainly did a creditable job.

At least I enjoyed it.

By the way I'm Jedd Clampett (carvohi)

This is a five

R69runnerR69runnerover 4 years ago

I thoroughly enjoyed the story. I put up with a cheating wife for over 13 years because I loved her, or thought I did. After she walked out on me and the boys, I met a wonderful woman who had a little girl and the two of them wormed their way into my heart. We have been together for over 38 years now and she is still my best friend. I think I could count the fights we've had on one hand and have a finger or two left over. We've always been able to talk things out and have been totally honest with each other. We now have 12 grandchildren and 5 great-grandchildren.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A good effort. A weak character but a good effort.

Sarah was blackmailed into submitting to getting fucked. Yelling about how much she was loving getting fucked was not a response to blackmail, but to some really thrilling sex. Sarah was an arrogant self absorbed ass; she got what she deserved. The only real mystery is how could an intelligent man not discern her greed, base cheap character, and her lack of ethics and self respect? Reads like just another shallow tepid mediocre marriage that failed because it never really existed on Sarah's part.

Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
What the fuck is it with these mother-fucking honor-killings?

Why do cheating wives have to die/suffer disfigurement/have destroyed lives? Is this some sort of goddamn Islamic meeting society for the misogyny and small pee pees?

You small minded, knuckle dragging, Birkenstock wearing, tree hugging, Commie voting, pathetic betas who figure the only way to win is by watching a woman die to satisfy your sad little lives.

No wonder you’re all a bunch of incel warriors.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
This is Different

This story is quite different from the more common LW stories. It is well written and easy to read but truly a LW story. The first part of Jack's "adult" life was deeply scarred by what Sarah did. She did love him but not enough to cheat simply for a potential favor. A good example of quid pro quo that came and "bit her in the ass" as should have for the more present case.

Fortunately the longer term outcome was a loving wife that resurrected his life.

Well done!

T.T.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago

@Anonymous Re: "What the fuck is it with these mother-fucking honor-killings?" - I think you're mixing up your groups. "knuckle dragging misogynists are FAR more likely to be found at Trump rallies than among tree hugging commie voters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
nice

Unlike "sbrooke", I appreciate the way you eliminated the "threat". I do wish there was a conclusion to the legal issues that got left hanging (after all, a wrongful death imposition could be made by the attorney willing to reach for the gold... and, "think about the children").

This has it's own parlance of foibles. There are too many commonplace terms used (sayings that have been wrung out completely and feel devoid of meaning to the reader). Otherwise, it is a little better feeling than the typical BTB or cucky story that infests this category.

I enjoyed it.

Smokepole

LoejtcLoejtcabout 4 years ago
Wouldn't Civility Be The Better Choice?

It's bad enough that we have to put up with Anon's like "What the fuck is it with these mother-fucking honor-killings?" but to read a diatribe like that posted by sbrookx103 is really disappointing. I would have thought and hoped that a legitimate contributor to this site would more interested in upgrading the comments rather than getting down in the gutter with the Anon and spewing his own brand of vitriol.

Wouldn't we all be better off just not reading the Anons considering the majority of them aren't worth the effort? After all many writers warn readers about a story's content before the fact. So if a reader doesn't like that type of story they can skip it. Shouldn't that apply to comments also?

I enjoyed the story. I didn't see the death of the Sarah as an honor killing at all. It was not something that the protagonist wanted, planned, or was involved with in any way. If anything the protagonist was actively involved in the cheaters recuperation as a care givers. How that could be interpreted as an "honor killing" is beyond my comprehension. But the embolism is a known risk factor of major surgery whether the patient is a cheater or a nun. It was simply a plot device to set up the need for a full time caregiver who to evolve to a loving wife.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
me and Hannah

I'll let others argue about the direction your story took, and mention the technical errors in your work.

Hanna and me (or "I" when appropriate), firepit should have been "fire pit". There were more, but my point is, an editor would have caught these distractions.

WargamerWargamerabout 4 years ago
Lovely story

Liked it, a lot.

MarkT63MarkT63about 4 years ago
5Stars

Very good story. Loved the way the good, loyal father comes out the winner in the end. Karma got the cheaters!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
What

What happened to the lawsuit against the Whitlock's.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
CFO

Chief Fucking Officer

tralan69ertralan69erabout 4 years ago
Another good story

So all of your stories have been a pleasure to read. I haven't read them all, but I am working at it.

5/5

tralan69ertralan69erabout 4 years ago
@ Anonymous 02/21/20 me and Hannah

Both firepit and fire pit are appropriate.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 4 years ago
I liked this joint,

my only problem is, why is that only a woman deserves happiness? More happiness than a man deserves.......Huh, I guess we're all just floor mats and banks.

Wolf_Man_1962Wolf_Man_1962about 4 years ago
@sbrooks103x Really Your Confimation Bias Is Showing

You mean knuckle dragging mysoginists like William Jefferson Clinton, Jeffery Epstein, Harvey Weinstein, and the infamous "Carlos Danger" Anthony Weiner? I guess you could throw creepy Uncle Joe in the mix now since he's be accused of sexually assaulting one of his aides. I don't care who you like, don't like politically they're all hypocrites. Nonsense that doesn't belong here. This was a good story, well written, with a pleasant ending. I gave it 5* and always ignore anon comments.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I Can Easily Understand

You posting this in the LW category since Sarah was a cheating wife, but after that series of escapes the arc changed drastically after Elizabeth arrived. So for me you could has easily posted it in Romance but that would have probably caused a different uproar. I just don't understand some of the hard asses who comment, you try to turn something devastating into something positive and they bitch. If Sarah dies they bitch, if she lives she has to continue making his life miserable one way or another and some others would bitch. She blames him, wants his blood, wants him back and schemes every way in the world to do it, someone would bitch. She waits, eventually he comes back and the world is spinning again on greased rails, someone would bitch that she should eat shit catch Aids or Covid19 and die. In this case bad shit happens a lot, he begins to recover taking care of his daughter and meets the one who becomes nearly everything to him. What's not to like? I've been in almost his exact shoes a long time ago, met someone, things didn't work out quite as well for me so I'm a bit jealous. Top notch story regardless. Signed: BTW

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreealmost 4 years ago
I liked it.

Good plot, good flow

and entertaining.

Top ratings from me.

FireFox59FireFox59almost 4 years ago
Great Story

Really enjoyed this one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
YEAH,OK....SO HE LOVED HER.........

She's been in a car crash with her boyfriend. Just ratchets up the anger. No fucking way I put my lips on that skank. As she confessed later, her boyfriend had shared her around. She might have been covered in cum right then for all he knew. What a complete bullshit load of crap that he'll always love her. The sight of her getting fucked by her boyfriend would have burned all that out of him. Unless he's a cum sucking wimp faggot cuckold.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitalmost 4 years ago

Good, solid story... but he shouldn’t have regretted serving them served for maximum embarrassment. He knew the lawsuit would almost certainly go nowhere. If he wasn’t going to collect, then why not see that the Whitlocks got penalized another way?

The rest was good.

WillowghbyWillowghbyalmost 4 years ago
Humorous Finger Pointing

Sometimes the comments are so entertaining!

I believe sbrooks opened the box and Anony played into the politicizing of misogyny. Silly boys, it is quite childish to paint the "other guys" with dirty brushes. I find politics much easier to tolerate by simply believing that all politicians are dishonest, self-centered buttholes.

BTW, nice story CG. Keep 'em comin'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Some of the comments about misogyny are pretty amusing. I would certainly agree that misogyny is present here, I do not view this story as being even remotely misogynistic. The husband blames himself for Sarah's death but as Elizabeth pointed out, Sarah was an adult. She made her own decisions and her death was ultimately a tragic byproduct of the accident. There is a lot of blame to go around but the husband, no.

Quite frankly, despite some of the questionable content in some of the stories, the real misogyny problem here is within the comments. Its not everyone and it's not even most. It is definitely a problem.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Enjoyed it from start to finish. Thanks and could you please write more I love your stories.

goodshoes2goodshoes2over 2 years ago

write more stories. This one was excellent. Thank you.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 2 years ago

Excellent story and the 2nd half is certainly more uplifting than the 1st. I write off the 1st wife as one of those people I will never understand and the 2nd the kind I always love to know. I always love a happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story. But good lord the commenters here are just so incapable of anything but the most shallow comprehension.

This is not a story about "honor killing" you fucking moron.

There are plenty of stupid BTB type of killing and torturing stories on this website.

But this was not one dummy.

The MC in this story was actually written as an empathetic, kind and self aware individual who was capable of operating at a higher level than revenge and grudge holding.

He recognized that he needed to grant forgiveness, but also acknowledged he would NEVER trust his wife again nor could he stay married to her. He took care of her after her accident for the sake of his daughter and the love he once had for her.

Her death was something completely out of his power per the story. It was a tragic complication from her surgery. Blood clots causing embolisms are not uncommon following surgeries. They do tragically kill people every day.

She wasn't murdered in some kind of revenge plot. She died from a surgical complication following an accident.

Therefore no "honor killing" dumbass.

Her death was actually the opposite of what the male MC wished for her.

Sometimes good stories attract the stupidest comments and conclusions from the morons who seem to proliferate this genre.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A lovely story, beautifully written and fully deserving of the 5 stars I awarded it. I think though, that some 'legitimate' commenters have got the wrong end of the stick about the comment posted by sbrooks103x. SB wasn't agreeing ln any way with the anon he was responding to, he was calling him out on the views he expressed but then, what would I know? After all, I'm just a knuckle dragging, rock headed anon who trolls everything he reads on this site!

Helen1899Helen1899over 1 year ago

A lovely story worth 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great thoughtful story. Nice he had the chance to move on as karma eliminated the slut. My bet is the husband would have taken the cheater back foe Hannah’s sake…..

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 1 year ago

"I just remember thinking about all of the late nights and work trips" - With all the late nights and work trips, why the need to risk it there, unless it was a hidden desire to get caught?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Sarah was more a blip to set up the romance with Elizabeth. A blip that succumbed to yet another relatively lame blackmail trope by the end of which she is doing thressomes for the asshole and his clients. How did that work out for her? Blackmail sex (which is rape) to cover up a one time tryst is just dump. If it was a credible threat of physical violence to oneself or loved ones or (maybe) severe financial or legal ruin, then maybe. And for the latter two scenarios, only once or twice to buy time and stall until.can get help, confess to husband, and go to the DA and/or get counter leverage (which woukd have been easy in this case as Richard is wealthy, note hoe upset he got when her husband sued him and the company, she easily coukd have recorded or have someone record another tryst with threats from Richard). I'm the case of physical violence, maybe once for immediate delay, then tell husband and flee or go to authorities for WITSEC (depends on the blackmailer identity) and testimony. Nothing else makes sense.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Just kinda bland and emotionless. Not a bad story, but it didn’t really hit the mark

DazzyDDazzyDabout 2 months ago

Hello, I’m from WNC. I gave a 5 tu this work.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous