Regret

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The rest of the session was a blur. I kept hugging and kissing my husband, crying, thanking, and kissing again. I was so frightened when he started to speak that once I heard his words, I refused to let go of him for fear I might be wrong.

I guess the therapist decided it was a breakthrough. Therapists are sensitive that way. He told us to go home and make love. It was the best prescription I'd ever received, and I took my medicine happily.

It was maybe two more years before my betrayal of Ben was truly in the past. There were times when I could see it in his face, and I knew what he was thinking. No words were ever said. I would just go to him, stand with him or sit next to him, hug him like it might be my last time, and wait until I saw him smile again. I was never able to do that without bringing tears to my own eyes. Even now, I sometimes remember that awful pain and I have no doubt that Ben does as well. I hurt this man beyond words for nothing of any value and he forgave me for it. I will spend the rest of my life being the wife he deserves and saying prayers of thanks that I got a second chance.

12