All Comments on 'Regrets'

by DFWBeast

Sort by:
  • 214 Comments (Page 2)
LonelyHeartX9LonelyHeartX9over 6 years ago
Awesome

The ending brought a tear to my eye.

boatbummboatbummover 6 years ago
Superb In Every Way

My second time through, and still a terrific read. Thanks very much!

Sorry that you've turned off voting for this one -- no question that it's worthy of 5* from me.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchover 6 years ago
Why didn't you allow scoring Beast?

Straight up FIVER!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Beautiful

A real tearjerker . A story full of tragedy and redemption . So very well written that I have read it a few times .

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Sorry, but I didn't like it as much

It seemed like the entire story revolved around the poor old cheating ex-wife trying to get forgiveness from everyone for what she did even though she couldn't explain why she did it short of the old standbys of getting old, neglected, and attention by a younger attractive man. Pure bullshit. If she loved him as much as she confesses she would have never gone down that path. Throw in a nice guy dying of cancer and loving kids and a new wife into the mix and you have an instant crowd pleaser.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchover 6 years ago
UCK third story I have read today...

That comes across to me as modern moral-less muddling. Trying to state that the aggrieved have to forgive and forget. Bull Bollocks. You can chose to let go, and still keep your pride and refuse to deal with the cheaters and let them off the hook.

Family unity is a shitty reason to excuse personal betrayal.

Forgiveness is no greater virtue than honor.

We need to be civil to each other in these awkward family circumstances, that does not mean cordiality or intimacy or engagement is required.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
5

Well done. thank you

Richie4110Richie4110about 6 years ago
Well done!

Loved the way you crafted the evolution of information so that all would go on with positive memories.

Thanks for this gift.

5*+

cub4acougarcub4acougarabout 6 years ago
10

if ever a story deserved a 10 this is it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
partly very fine story, partly kind of weak and not very good

oldbearswitch I do agree with your comment very much.

many parts of the story were just not very high quality but there were still some really good, well written moments capturing some interesting situations pretty well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Well done

Too bad you have ratings off. This is a 5 star story.

Thanks for writing.

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 6 years ago
A classic “She cheats. Divorce. He finds someone else. Happily ever after” story.

But just so well told. If scoring was up I’d be torn between giving this 4 or 5 stars.

It’s just so incredibly well told. And the unusual way of situation and flashbacks to tell it. Too bad they don’t allow 4.5 stars. That’s a definite given. It just doesnt quite reach the level of Literotica “Classic” that I usually reserve for 5-stars. Or then again, maybe it does. Maybe it’s good scoring is closed since you can’t change it. I’d probably vacillate between 4 or 5 stars for awhile.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
@c24j

In case you're still checking, I have two responses.

First, I actually agree with you, that if a cheater hasn't been caught, and is resolved to never cheat again, I think it's better to keep it to him/herself and live with the guilt, rather that dump it on the spouse. See swingerjoe's "The Aftermath" for an example of what can happen!

Second, as for your alternative ending here, forgetting the what I HOPE was hyperbole saying 17 affairs, but the second wife had the advantage of seeing first hand the negative effects of confessing!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
Late Thought

"It was my fears and then my ego that opened the door." - Gee, would that be anything like the "fragile male ego" that cheated on husbands are told to "get over"?

"I was frustrated at Joe for not trying to help save the marriage." - Why is the "cheated on" expected to fight for the marriage? If the cheater had fought for the marriage, there wouldn't have been any cheating!

OGHMNWOGHMNWalmost 6 years ago
Very Emotional Story

This story is very Emotional with the Feeling of Love, Anger, Betrayal and Forgiving. Thank You!

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 5 years ago
Beautiful

It’s not something usually recognized in a cheating wife story, nut in this story there is beauty. A good man’s life recognized as he dies young; the emotional beauty of the woman who pulled him from depression; and the adult children, emotionally mature enough to help all move on despite being disgusted with one parent. Incredibly well written dialog.

PaddyyddaPPaddyyddaPover 5 years ago
She repeatedly said

This isn't an excuse.

But a hell of a lot of what she said sounded very like one.

Why do cheaters always feel sorriest for themselves. True, she seemed genuinely remorseful and contrite, and genuinely loved her ex husband, but she also exuded self pity.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Beautiful

We have betrayal, redemption for Joe, and hope that maybe Gwen will be able to heal. WhIle she deserved the life she made for herself by her cheating on Joe, Molly's grace, and her children , coupled with Joe's forgiveness may yet allow.her to heal. Compare Molly's love and commitment with the shallow, selfish behavior of Gwen and you can find the true loving wife. Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

A literary gem, good sir. An emotionally intense story that deserves 5 stars.

Thomas_MaloryThomas_Maloryabout 5 years ago
Excellent

This was brilliant

Keep writing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Cheating regret

Logins forgetful johntwheels@aol as my grandma said you make your bed now lay down I'm OT. Good story

MichaelFitzgeraldMichaelFitzgeraldabout 5 years ago
A pleasure to read

Thank you for this story. Moving and real.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Well done

..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Meh...

She waits until he's almost dead to try to get forgiveness and the only thing she has is piss poor excuses. The only thing she's sorry about is for what she lost not the pain she caused everyone. Crappy story wrapped in an attempt at a tear jerker.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Good Stuff

That's all, just good stuff. One more thing DFW where have you gone? Missing you in San Antonio. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

One of your absolute best. As for the critical anons, they're just upset because they're out of cheetos, the basement is cold and mom won't go to the store for snacks.

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
26thnc said it

Enjoyed

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Excellent Story

It almost brought tears to my eyes. Your characterization of all of the family members involved in the story was very well done. And your subtle yet effective ridicule of the cheating spouse as seen through the eyes of the other family member was very well done. If you have written any published or self-published works please let us know, subtly of course.

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15over 4 years ago
Poignant

Poignant, beautiful, sad story. The real pity is Gwen never found love 💘 again. Her cheating wasn't about a lack of love 💘 the first time. She would not have cheated on either of the other two men. Instead she hurt them terribly by not accepting their proposal.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Any bettet

The comments on here say it best, poignant and intense.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Too harsh and vindictive

Gwen betrayed her marriage vows and in that way certainly disrespected her husband. She did not, however, seek to mock him or hurt him with knowledge of the affair. She ended the relationship, attempted to repair her marriage and ultimately confessed to her husband rather than take a chance he could be humiliated at his workplace by her actions. These are the actions of a remorseful person who is again placing the needs of her spouse ahead of her own.

Joe certainly had reason and right to divorce her. The other characters in this sad tale had no justification, however, for their acrid sanctimony. Their words indict their own hubris, not Gwen's. Someday life will teach Angie a hard lesson that reflects her manipulation of her father's decision about his marriage. Her grief will be a terrible burden on the rest of her days.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
If your plan was

To make a man cry, Sir you did well, beatifull story!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
wow!

that was some story!

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitabout 4 years ago

Outstanding....you hit every note perfectly.

BeBopper99BeBopper99almost 4 years ago

5* Outstanding! Perfect! Write On!!!!

26thNC26thNCalmost 4 years ago

It's too late to be sorry now. Great story.

WvrjjrWvrjjralmost 4 years ago
5* of course

Marvelously crafted. And yes there may have some moisture in my eyes. So what!

Again enjoyed the tale and your writing.

Thanks

Wayne

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Great Story

I really appreciate your creativity. Wonderful. sad story. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Quite frankly I have read stories on here where the husband and family treat the cheating wife far less harshly than what Gwen experienced in situations far more offensive and disrespectful than this. Gwen owned up to it. It was a short term affair.

Honestly I have seen far more devastating situations which resulted in a reconciliation. Yeah I know, the men were pussies and wimps and cucks. Anyway, i am left feeling Gwen has been beaten up for 10 years and they just basically laid into her again when she was trying to say goodbye. And why the FUCK can't she still love him. It doesn't just go away. This story irks

Helen1899Helen1899over 3 years ago

A wonderful story, so beautifully written. I feel sad that he died so young, when he was loved by so many. An old saying for Gwen. 'It is better to have loved and lost, than never have loved at all'.

KoxokKoxokover 3 years ago

Well written and moving story. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Dlh143Dlh143over 3 years ago

He should've told the whore to rot in hell!

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago

Creative and very effective way to tell a story. Great job. Thanks for sharing.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 3 years ago
Nicely done

Just-words said it best.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I've always loved to read, many times wished I had the talent to write - never more so than after reading such a great story. Thank you!

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Very creative approach to a LW story. Excellent writing and the emotional component of the story really came through. Very touching. 5 stars from me!

des67des67about 3 years ago

What a unique story, very emotional... 5 STARS...

Dlh143Dlh143about 3 years ago

The cheating whore didn't deserve absolution.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Ouch, sad that the one who cheated got to out live the one she cheated on....

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 3 years ago

All of the top writers in this genre have a niche that they excel above all others. This story is classic for your niche. No one on this site can put onto paper the emotional pain someone experiences when their heart and soul is ripped from them by betrayal like you can. These stories help strengthen my own marriage, even after 30+ years, by forcing me to reflect and understand what my wife and I have built with each others. Thank you for that! 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Many authors on this site and up writing something different and very thought provoking. For me, this is your special story. 5 stars

Beast1961caBeast1961caalmost 3 years ago

Sad & tragic, you have made me cry... Well done.

usaretusaretalmost 3 years ago

Sad to the Nth degree, but we’ll done.

AngelRiderAngelRideralmost 3 years ago

Affairs don't have to break a marriage. :(

CriosCriosalmost 3 years ago

Well written story. Does a fine job of portraying the emotional heartache of affairs, divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I like most of your stories, but this one is a special.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You done good,real good.

Bill

MarkT63MarkT63over 2 years ago

Cheating is a betrayal that should never be forgiven or forgotten...

GrandEagle53GrandEagle53over 2 years ago

Absolutely fabulous.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

OMG ! This is the stuff of nightmares. It’s got more cheese than a cheese festival in Cheeseland.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story. What misery comes from cheating! 5*s

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Too sad for 5 stars so just 4.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Powerful and real. Thank you so much for this art, Beast. Hit my heart.

PierremanvisPierremanvisover 2 years ago

Brilliant, just brilliant. My thanks for giving this to us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

5 Stars from Me . It was a sad story that seemed so alive

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

So much in a short story. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Thank you for this story.

As a 71 year old man I sit with tears running down my face.

The quote at the end is very apt!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Anonymous

Your story touched my heart. 5 Stars is not enough. I loved and cried as I read it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story. The ex-wife should have confessed immediately. Nor should she have prolonged her damn affair. But waiting a year(?) to confess undermined any possibility of reconciliation. And to be fair reconciliation was an outside chance as it was given the circumstances and the 4 month duration (i.e. not a single night fling). It was long and premeditated. But she waited to confess. Ironically she probably would have gotten away with it if she had not confessed but in terms of saving the marriage too little, too late. So many regrets. Well written.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 2 years ago

"since my feelings for each of them wasn't as strong as my feelings for him, I had a problem" - That was foolish. There was no way her feelings for someone she had only known for a few months could be as strong as those for someone she had been married to for years.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

While I realize that you are a writer as well, you didn't write this. Beast wrote what he felt and you have no right to judge otherwise.

Thank you for a touching tale.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

sorry, was referring to sbrooks

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Commenting as an Anon, not on the story, which is quite good, but at the comments of "Tilan" and his/her profile. She/he is either:

(1) an incel with daddy issues still living in his parents basement

(2)a middle aged gay male living in Florida who has serious mommy and daddy issues;

(3)a childless late 30s Karen with daddy issues who wears a T-shirt that says "Dog Mom" and spends her

spare time drinking cheap Chardonnay and seething about everything.

OldbuddyOldbuddyover 1 year ago

Great insight. And a couple of tears here about what might have been. Looking forward.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Commenting as an Anon...LMAO

Are you that afraid of Tilan? Do you believe he can come out of the screen and bite you?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15over 1 year ago

Superb! Bittersweet story. Realistic, painful and honest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent story. Sad but well written and quite realistic.

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

Clearly written by a man. You can always tell a male author by how they write daughters of betrayed men. They are always the same... loving, devoted, feminine but tough as nails and willing to fight like men.

Its what men want women to be but never are... not even daughters. If transsexuals could give birth, CIS women wouldn't have a chance. You think I am kidding?

Gender has been politicized to the point that the medical and scientific establishment must modify their positions or risk backlash. Just because doctors and scientists "agree" on certain bylines does not mean consensus. The notion that all gender is socially constructed is complete bullshit. There is a lot of genetic predisposition and cultural imprinting that is not erased simply because one either believes they are the opposite gender or chose to live that way. Behavior patterns are not cut and dry. A MTF happily married to a heterosexual man is much more likely to act and behave like a woman in love as defined by literature and Hollywood than any typical CIS female who has never once thought about her gender identity.

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

@angelrider really a Trans woman would act more lime an idealized woman than an actual woman? Without bothering to address the rest of your blather a Man who dresses as a Woman whether they get new biological bits removed and attached is not in anyway a woman.

Men and Women are biologically and profoundly different pretending otherwise does not make that fact any less true🤓

SDN1955SDN1955over 1 year ago

Extremely well-writte, and quite realistic story. Five stars.

As for AngelRider’s comment, no…..just no.

KaeyoKaeyoover 1 year ago

One of tge best illustrations of what cheating and its aftermath can do to a family. Excellent story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Creative story with a unique but realistic perspective. It took far too long for Gwen to realize the wages of her betrayal. For a short time, she was more in love with herself than with her family, and thus ended up destroying her marriage. Doug was a total asshole.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I’ve read this story before years ago. I’ve seen a few other authors repost old stories passing as new recently. At least change a few things in the story so it’s not so obvious.

mariverzmariverzabout 1 year ago

fuerte, muy fuerte .... impactante

oldtwitoldtwitabout 1 year ago

I liked this, but, felt you dragged it out just a bit, nice plot though

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 1 year ago

heavy. but handled well by all involved

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Reading again. This remains one of the very best examples of a “cheating wife” story ever posted on these fora. It’s main strength is in the form of e position of the story — ex, kids, new wife and step daughter gathered around the dying husband and essentially, via verbal flashback, revisiting the history of the marital debacle inflicted on EVERYONE by a narcissistic woman. Just so well told.

.

5 *****

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

5 stars. A very sad, but such an original tale. You did it very well. Thank you. S. F.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Dammit who's chopping onions?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

anyone who's lost a loved one to cancer of any kind knows how that feels .

shadrachtshadracht10 months ago

Horrible and sad and so well written. I might have hit 5*, but the tears make it hard to tell.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

losing a loved one to cancer at any age is almost impossible to live with . memories are all you have left of them .my wife and i lost our daughter to breast cancer 8 1/2 yrs ago ,some days it's like it was yesterday . my grandchildren and pictures of her are all we have left ,but she lives in our hearts and her children . she was 30 yrs old .

murfncalmurfncal8 months ago

made my eyes very wet

inka2222inka22227 months ago

Another awesome effort.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Just so darned sad. No one was evil. Just their were inevitable consequences for her betrayal. A multimonth affair, even with confession is just not something most anyone can get past. It just kills the marriage. Glad Joe found happiness with Molly for a time. 53 is too young to die like that. Sad. Gwen will never be made whole again. She will die with a broken heart, largely alone. And Molly will never be the same again. But at least she can hold Joe in heart knowing the love and memories they shared..Gwen doesn't even have that. All she has is guilt, all due to her selfish and destructive actions. The guy Doug was an asshole. Glad to see Gwen made due on her threat and burned him by confessing, even though she could not foresee how bad the results would be. Confession helps with the chance of reconciliation, but with thr kids out of the house snd the length and intensity of her affair, well she eviscerated their marriage. Well written and realistic. But sad.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Incredible. You could feel their sadness. It's hard not to feel something for Gwen's obvious suffering. The comment below said some of this but I don't think Gwen will ever remarry. She will die alone and with a broken heart. Even with them all sitting in the room confessing, she was an obvious outsider. I feel bad for her because her children and Jim's wife had each other to keep them warm. Gwen was cold and alone. Even though she made her own bed one cant help but feel for her.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDFWBeast@DFWBeast
Most of my stories fit in the "Loving Wives" category. Primarily they're "cheating wives/ revenge/ possible reconciliation" type stories. You'll rarely find stupid, clueless wives or weak, whipped husband's in my stories. What you'll find is flawed wives...