All Comments on 'Regrets'

by DFWBeast

Sort by:
  • 214 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Incredibly evocative story of love, sadness & regret. If ever a story illustrated the pain and cost of cheating this one does. You really brought the characters to life with all their emotions. Thank you for this. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

If only people could realize the magnitude of what they stand to lose BEFORE they make the life-altering mistake instead of after, there would be a lot less divorces and broken hearts. Alas! Always think twice before you spread your legs!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Seriously mature and sensitive take on the long term impacts of cheating.

TrambakTrambak5 months ago

Joe left behind a bunch of people more empathetic than they were earlier.

And that’s a celebration of life.

I can imagine that Molly and Gwen would be closer now.

5

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

bitch . . . Bitch . . . BITCH!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I’m sorry but this one didn’t really work for me. It was a brave idea and well written. But, I guess the family confessional in the presence of a dying man , especially after he forgave her, just didn’t ring true?

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbosabout 2 months ago

There's a trend here in your earlier works where the husbands implacable anger seems to defy not just reason, but good taste. I'm not saying that they are incorrect at being angry, or hurt, or sad, or whatever, but they seem to prioritize indulging in anger ahead of their own well being and to the point where you wonder how mad they would REALLY get if they experienced some of the nightmare cheating scenarios that exist here on LW. Yikes.

<>

I mean, it's a well written story, but I've noticed you seem to fixate on a couple of themes, this being one of the. The other one being the family confrontation. It's not quite up to the level of that one author who names every cheating wife "Traci" but it's noticeable enough for me to say - diversify a bit man!

EastCoaster1EastCoaster1about 2 months ago

If you wrote this because you lived something like it, you described it well.

If you've not lived through a family situation like this one, you're a very good writer, because you have described the feelings of the people involved, including the ultimate loss of a member of the family, and one of the people in a marital dissolution and new love relationship.

Without more details, I know how this actually feels, and you have described it as it actually has happened.

Five stars from here.

MarmadukephuknukleMarmadukephuknukleabout 2 months ago

What a wonderful story. WOW!!! You created a loving extended family and treated an old tragedy and awkward final days with grace and compassion. I loved it. Five stars!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Amazing story! You perfectly and gracefully captured the love, the regrets, the heartache, the loss. A true classic. Wow indeed!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

After Joe's death, the sanctimony of the second wife and the two children will lose much of its power. They will be left to struggle with their self images without the moral superiority they felt by aligning themselves with Joe. They will be unlikely to tolerate such a situation for long and so will eagerly search for the next sinner they can look upon with smug distain as they congratulate themselves on their piety.

ttjbjr54ttjbjr5426 days ago

Excellent story. Well written. Tugs and pulls at your heart. Congratulations on your story.

AnonymousAnonymous17 days ago

Meh. The kids came across as super petty and sanctimonious.

SatyrDickSatyrDick12 days ago

[07.06.24]

Excellent rumination upon the effects of spousal infidelity on all involved (at the time and in the future).

11/10!!!!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDFWBeast@DFWBeast
Most of my stories fit in the &quot;Loving Wives&quot; category. Primarily they're &quot;cheating wives/ revenge/ possible reconciliation&quot; type stories. You'll rarely find stupid, clueless wives or weak, whipped husband's in my stories. What you'll find is flawed wives...