All Comments on 'Reliable Reg'

by oggbashan

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
Baldy74Baldy74over 2 years ago

Where is this place where everyone is a drink driver? Sounds more like a demolition Derby! Is it supposed to be a comedy? Back in the late 70s there were on average 1500 people killed each year from drink driving in the UK, that's now down to around 240. Estimated 36 million drivers in the UK, average of 37000 DD convictions each year(down from 80000 15 years ago), they must all live in this town! Sounds like a very dangerous place!

MainboyMainboyover 2 years ago

Refreshingly different and well told. Thanks

WilCox49WilCox49over 2 years ago

Good story. I'm with you: better boring and conventional than dead or arrested.

Fairly numerous slips, mostly due to your eyesight problems. The one serious one I spotted is where it says, "So far I had never had sex with Sarah," clearly meaning, "with Clarissa".

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

An oggbashan story; 5 stars.

So what else is new? ;^)

MusicGuy4FunMusicGuy4Funover 2 years ago

Please make use of Grammerly Pro: It does help.

Also, there’s (as mentioned by WilCoc49) a serious substitution error’:

So far I had never had sex with Sarah. I was leaving it until she wanted to. Now it seemed she did.

Should be “with Clarissa”

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

@MusicGuy4Fun

If you're going to send someone to Grammarly, at least spell it right.

I enjoyed this story.

oggbashanoggbashanover 2 years agoAuthor

I have Grammarly permanently switched on and I check my stories with that and with the editing facility of Word 365. Unfortunately, they are both not infallible, and my poor eyesight doesn't help. I appreciate people giving me details of my errors, and will edit the story soon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Odd little tale, but strangely enjoyable. Thanks

MainboyMainboyover 2 years ago

Ok, here is my pennie's worth.

I read a story to relax. Because of that I will quickly go off at an author that wastes my time by killing a good story with bad writing style or trying to take an empty shell, fill it with silly sex and expect readers to go 'wow'!

The odd typo? So who cares as long as it is a typo and not a repeated error?

If you dislike a story, move on!! There are thousands of stories on Lit. Find what suits your fancy and enjoy it for what it is.

Oggbashan, I like your stories. Done. If some puritan wants to read something that is perfect, they can go elsewhere and spend their time reading literary pieces of perfectly empty hogwash.

Mark Twain is credited with saying; "In every man, there is a story. Most are best left untold."

True, if you refer to some of those plotless hollow pieces of impossible sexcapades. On Lit I have read some of the finest stories of my career and it is doubly appreciated because it is done for free.

Writing with questionable eyesight is difficult and you should be commended.

Salute!

Helen1899Helen18995 months ago

I can't believe how people let a few typing and grammar errors spoil a good story, get a life. Or like Mainboy says go an read some rubbish story with perfect grammar and spelling.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I can relate, I was often the one called on because my cars would run, I was (normally) sober and would answer the phone

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useroggbashan@oggbashan
Can I now change bio? oggbashan was diagnosed as terminally ill and expected to be dead by June 2018. As you can see. I am still here. . As long as I can I will continue writing and posting on Literotica but there will be an end - soon. I don't expect anyone to like ALL of my...

SIMILAR Stories